Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AEM EMS Now available for 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 09:58 AM
ActionJackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i'm sure you can find discounted prices off the 2999 price tag. The HKS F-CON VPro costs 4-5k with the harness costs added into it so I think it's a fair price to pay.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:16 AM
BoOsTedz33TT

weres all the proof and dyno at?? Is this just an idea, someone tweaking a universal EMS, is this through AEM?? really need to see some numbers, and the thing in a car
Old 04-14-2006, 10:39 AM
barthelb
Master

2999 You outta ya mind. I just can't see myself spending that much on a standalone. It does alot for the car and is very comprehensive but thats just too much especially with all the other mods.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:47 AM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
well i'm sure you can find discounted prices off the 2999 price tag. The HKS F-CON VPro costs 4-5k with the harness costs added into it so I think it's a fair price to pay.
Ive been quoted 3k for the fcon installed with all harnesses, maybe the price went down?
Old 04-14-2006, 10:51 AM
EM-EFER

Pretty good price for what you get. Is this going to be the same interface that was on the Integras/preludes EMS? If so this will be very user friendly.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by chimmike
so you're basically saying this is NOT directly from AEM, you're buying a universal EMS and making it work for the Z then?

Yes, we are buying a computer from AEM, modifying it internally and so on.

I worked with the engineers at AEM though on the entire project..... it was one of their ideas as they do not seem to have time right now for this.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:54 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
Pretty good price for what you get. Is this going to be the same interface that was on the Integras/preludes EMS? If so this will be very user friendly.

Exactly the same!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:56 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by barthelb
2999 You outta ya mind. I just can't see myself spending that much on a standalone. It does alot for the car and is very comprehensive but thats just too much especially with all the other mods.

LOL..... the supra guys said that at the beginning too.... then one by one we started building 1000 HP supras.... all running AEM. The guys trying to do it on other computers kept hurting motors....

Look at this list.....

http://www.to4r.com/1k.php
Old 04-14-2006, 11:46 AM
atlsupdawg#2

Welcome to the forums Larry..This unit will control low imp injectors correct?? I still have your old set of 750's I got 2nd hand some years ago. Anyway, these will most likely make their way into the Z. Test fitted and confirmed by the 350Z fuel system guru himself

Anyway, I remember the skepticism when this unit hit the Supra community. Guys lived and died by the VPC GCC combo until the EMS caught on like a plague. Very interested in this unit as I know and have seen what it can do

EDIT: Weren't you guys working on a turbo kit for the Z as well??

Last edited by atlsupdawg#2; 04-14-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:51 AM
John@Victory

thats exactly what they are saying
Old 04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by atlsupdawg#2
Welcome to the forums Larry..This unit will control low imp injectors correct?? I still have your old set of 750's I got 2nd hand some years ago. Anyway, these will most likely make their way into the Z. Test fitted and confirmed by the 350Z fuel system guru himself

Anyway, I remember the skepticism when this unit hit the Supra community. Guys lived and died by the VPC GCC combo until the EMS caught on like a plague. Very interested in this unit as I know and have seen what it can do

EDIT: Weren't you guys working on a turbo kit for the Z as well??

Yes it will although you will need a resistor pack of some sort.

Yes we are working on a big twin kit.... none of this baby 600 RWHP ****!!

Lar
Old 04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by SoundPerformanc
Yes it will although you will need a resistor pack of some sort.

Yes we are working on a big twin kit.... none of this baby 600 RWHP ****!!

Lar
Awwwww **** !!!!!! Time for the ballers to start playing ball..
Old 04-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Jim Swantko

LOL..... the supra guys said that at the beginning too.... then one by one we started building 1000 HP supras.... all running AEM. The guys trying to do it on other computers kept hurting motors....

Look at this list.....

I heard the #17 guy on that list is a stud... is that why his name is "Larry's idol"?
Old 04-14-2006, 03:25 PM
RageWoRX

Look at this list.....

I'll have to agree with Larry on this one ... if it weren't for the AEM EMS and its now huge established network of great shops/tuners we probly wouldn't be seeing such insanely high whp numbers coming from these 2JZs with such consistency and stability .... and its not only 2JZs anymore who knows mabey the VQ could be next .

The funny part is I have worked with a few Wolf3Ds (made by AEM Aus) which is the father of the AEM EMS and hate those things but I kind of like the newer AEM EMS units. While the AEM EMS unit may not be the cream of the crop hardware-wise when compared to units like the MoTeC M800 and some of the Autronic units (my personal favorites but are $$$$$ to buy, install (not plug and play like the AEM), and tune. Also they are usally overkill for our applications) .. the AEM EMS however has proven itslef to get the job done nicely and for a good deal less than some of the other baller EMS systems (FCon VPro, Haltech, MoTeC, Autronic, MicroTech, and a few others) also once most of the early bugs were taken care of the AEM has proven to be a very solid choice as well ... truth be told some AEM EMS equiped cars sometimes still exhibit strange behavior on startup but if that is because of harware issues or because of tuning is still a major debate.

I would say the biggest thing the AEM EMS has going for it is its established user base and the huge amount of shops that are very skilled in using them not like the FCon for example were your tuning options are very limited in this country and offer the owner little to no ability to tweak their own car (which I hate).

I have been waiting for this unit to finally come out and I want to thank Larry and the guys at SP for all their hard work.

In the end 3K for the entire system with a base map is not unreasonable but I think if you already have some of the parts like the UEGO you should be able to buy a slightly less expensive kit.

If you think about it one of the only things holding back the VQ right now (besides headlift and heat issues) is its poor management options. The only really solid choice for the high HP VQ guys is the FCon VPro (which is an awsome system) but it has its own issues with its small amount of support and certfied tuners in the US. Coming from the Subaru world I would never use a UTEC or Unichip as they are usally a great way to go through a few motors. Also most serious Subaru guys stopped using them years ago and now use EcuTek, AccessPort, Hydra Nemisis, and AEM .... the UTEC and Unichip are just old/unsafe options. The Emanage Blue/Ultimate is a decent option for the lower hp applications and a good deal price-wise but Greddy electronics have always been know to be problematic. But in the end everyone has thier own experiences and opinions so the choice is yours .... I think I've made mine.

-Jon

Last edited by RageWoRX; 04-14-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Will the AEM EMS be able to control the intake and exhaust timing on the revup motors?
Old 04-14-2006, 04:52 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by meatbag
Will the AEM EMS be able to control the intake and exhaust timing on the revup motors?

in one of his first posts he stated it cant control vtc but they are working on updates now. so i would highly doubt it can do both intake and exhaust on the new rev-up motors.

figured i would chime in and give you my take on it. as i see you have asked this a few times and nobody ha answerd you
Old 04-14-2006, 05:29 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Ah sorry, i was under the impression that he was going to have a complete package that included this for some reason.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:06 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by meatbag
Ah sorry, i was under the impression that he was going to have a complete package that included this for some reason.

Im going to start playing with the valve timing next week.... will keep you posted.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:43 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by RageWoRX
The funny part is I have worked with a few Wolf3Ds (made by AEM Aus) which is the father of the AEM EMS and hate those things but I kind of like the newer AEM EMS units.
-Jon
AEM is made by GEMS in England

http://www.gems.co.uk/ems/standard_aem15.html
Old 04-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Im going to start playing with the valve timing next week.... will keep you posted.
Please check your PM's....I sent you something.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS Now available for 350Z