Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AEM EMS Now available for 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Can you give Jermaine a call and ask him to put it in overdrive a bit. I'm sure everyone with the UTEC would love to see an updated GUI and other additions sooner rather than later. I know I would.
Give me a call when your ready to get a customers review. I mean really.
Well its all up to their R&D department..Not Jermaine personally..However I must admit, I am fond of the current interface, very simple,no frills..But thats just me..
Old 04-17-2006, 07:45 AM
nissansource

Well... I like all the comments that have been presented here. the 350z community is a tough community but like everyone stated, there needs to be some backup information on the cars its ran on. SP is a known company i recognize them from my KA-T Days. lets let sp push the envelope and start showing some progress instead of forum racing. SP good job on the developments glad your working with 350z stuff now. its where the performance market has been heading for some time now.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Gman2004

unfuking believable! People want proof as to what a AEM standalone will do? It's a freaking standalone. It's going to do wonders. Not for n/a application, but definatley high hp FI cars.

I can't believe that people on this forum will spend $800 on POS shiny plenum that does not improve anything but looks and then complain about the price of this unit and ask for proof.

Last edited by Gman2004; 04-17-2006 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:52 AM
nissansource

on 350z sir by a moded unit sure i want to see who doesnt?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by nissansource
on 350z sir by a moded unit sure i want to see who doesnt?
what's so different about a 350z? Do you think the unit is not going to work and you just want to see that it works in a 350z? They are selling it as a unit that works in a 350z so if I doesn't I would buy one myself even though I don't need it because that would be a nice law suit in the making.

There are no results to see. The results depend on the car and its mod. This is just a better tuning platform which would allow you get make more power out of a highly modded car because you better control of the motor.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:19 AM
nissansource

I like to see results as would everyone else and not dump 3k in something someone says works. cmon now
Old 04-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Gman2004

I like to see results as would everyone else and not dump 3k in something someone says works. cmon now
There are no results to see. The results depend on the car and its mod. This is just a better tuning platform. It will allow you get make more power out of a highly modded car because you have better control of the motor.

That POS shiny plenum manufacter has a dyno graph that shows a 50whp increase, but we all now know that is bs.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Gman2004
[B]

That POS shiny plenum manufacter has a dyno graph that shows a 50whp increase, but we all now know that is bs.
LOL +1
People ran out and bought that Krapnetix plenum by the dozens..
Old 04-17-2006, 09:17 AM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im with you gman, im interested to see how this stacks up against the fcon myself. very excited.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Gman2004

If I didn't already have the FCON I would definately consider this. I really like the fact that there are more tuners for this unit compared with the FCON. Not that it matters in my case......My tuner comes to me.

I gave up waiting for this unit a few weeks to soon.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

What results would you like to see??

The fact that the AEM EMS came out 4 years ago and instantly 1000 HP supras started emerging regularly after that. We now have made 1520 RWHP thru an automatic.... run 8.4 in a full weight street car.

There are a dozen Evos now making between 800 and 1000 AWHP all on EMS.

There are more Hondas and DSMs making between 700 and 1000 HP on AEM EMS's than there are 350zs making over 400 RWHP.

Since the AEM was introduced 2 years ago for the Viper, there have been 1200-1500 HP vipers popping up all over place..... coincidence?

We made 640 RWHP in Nissan KA motor.... with the AEM!!

Lets face it.... the 350Z has the largest engine in the import world... yet it is the slowest and makes the least HP?

Are there any 8 or 9 sec full weight 350s yet?? Any street 350s making over 1000RWHP?

It is time to bring the 350Z up to speed... I have been doing this now for over 20 years and can say with out a doubt that the AEM EMS is the one product that has raised the bar for SAFE HP more than any other product. We now can safely tune Supras, DSMs, Evos, Hondas, Neons, Vipers, Camaros.... etc .

It is not like big turbos, big injectors etc were not available ten years ago.... just without proper safe engine management they were the recipe for disaster.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:18 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by SoundPerformanc
What results would you like to see??

The fact that the AEM EMS came out 4 years ago and instantly 1000 HP supras started emerging regularly after that. We now have made 1520 RWHP thru an automatic.... run 8.4 in a full weight street car.

There are a dozen Evos now making between 800 and 1000 AWHP all on EMS.

There are more Hondas and DSMs making between 700 and 1000 HP on AEM EMS's than there are 350zs making over 400 RWHP.

Since the AEM was introduced 2 years ago for the Viper, there have been 1200-1500 HP vipers popping up all over place..... coincidence?

We made 640 RWHP in Nissan KA motor.... with the AEM!!

Lets face it.... the 350Z has the largest engine in the import world... yet it is the slowest and makes the least HP?

Are there any 8 or 9 sec full weight 350s yet?? Any street 350s making over 1000RWHP?

It is time to bring the 350Z up to speed... I have been doing this now for over 20 years and can say with out a doubt that the AEM EMS is the one product that has raised the bar for SAFE HP more than any other product. We now can safely tune Supras, DSMs, Evos, Hondas, Neons, Vipers, Camaros.... etc .

It is not like big turbos, big injectors etc were not available ten years ago.... just without proper safe engine management they were the recipe for disaster.

How many years of development on the 2JZ, Honda, Evo crowd etc before 1000 HP street cars were around. The Z has 3 years of development. Your post sounds like and will be taken as an insult to every 350Z owner and tuner on this board. If you're trying to tell us about the miracle of the AEM EMS that was the wrong way to do it.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-17-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:34 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
How many years of development on the 2JZ, Honda, Evo crowd etc before 1000 HP street cars were around. The Z has 3 years of development. Your post sounds like and will be taken as an insult to every 350Z owner and tuner on this board. If you're trying to tell us about the miracle of the AEM EMS that was the wrong way to do it.
The viper has been out for a long time now... but until the EMS came out for it.... there were not many high HP turbo vipers.... now they are all over the place!!

How long has the Evo been out? Not all that long.

How long has the 300ZX been out? Why has no one taken these cars to the 1000+ HP level?

Im not insulting anyone..... just saying that the EMS is proven on all of these other cars. Just pointing out that right after the EMS became available for a certain model car.... that the HP outputs increased DRAMATICALLY.

The point that I am making is that the supra guys were skeptical also when the EMS first came out.... and now they are not.

I understand the skepticism.... however if you look around at what the other import guys and viper guys are now using and the huge HP they are making.... you will see a common denominator.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:39 AM
MIAPLAYA

The viper has been out for a long time now... but until the EMS came out for it.... there were not many high HP turbo vipers.... now they are all over the place!!

How long has the Evo been out? Not all that long.

How long has the 300ZX been out? Why has no one taken these cars to the 1000+ HP level?

Im not insulting anyone..... just saying that the EMS is proven on all of these other cars. Just pointing out that right after the EMS became available for a certain model car.... that the HP outputs increased DRAMATICALLY.

The point that I am making is that the supra guys were skeptical also when the EMS first came out.... and now they are not.

I understand the skepticism.... however if you look around at what the other import guys and viper guys are now using and the huge HP they are making.... you will see a common denominator.
How long has the B series Honda motor been around? Hmm about 15 years now. How long has the 4G63 from the Evo been out? Oh I don't know 10 years. Hoe long has the 2JZ been around now? Oh I don't know how bout 13 years. How long has the Viper motor been around now? Um I don't know 12 years. How long has this VQ35 been around? 4-5 years MAX. With more then double the development time of COURSE those other platforms are going to be up there. I'm not saying the EMS isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. But unless you can tell me that all those platforms are making 1000 WHP on a STOCK motor your argument is 100% invalid. It took time for people to explore the limits of those motors, define stratigies on how to keep them together, and develop parts to keep that amount of power to the ground and from breaking every other part of the car. If you are going to compare something apples to apples is much better then pears to poundcake
Old 04-17-2006, 11:02 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

How long has the B series Honda motor been around? Hmm about 15 years now. How long has the 4G63 from the Evo been out? Oh I don't know 10 years. Hoe long has the 2JZ been around now? Oh I don't know how bout 13 years. How long has the Viper motor been around now? Um I don't know 12 years. How long has this VQ35 been around? 4-5 years MAX. With more then double the development time of COURSE those other platforms are going to be up there. I'm not saying the EMS isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. But unless you can tell me that all those platforms are making 1000 WHP on a STOCK motor your argument is 100% invalid. It took time for people to explore the limits of those motors, define stratigies on how to keep them together, and develop parts to keep that amount of power to the ground and from breaking every other part of the car. If you are going to compare something apples to apples is much better then pears to poundcake

I understand what you are saying... But my point is that the HP numbers have increased dramatically since the EMS came out. The Supra 2J motor and 6 spd tranny.... drivetrain etc is as stout as you can get. I have made well over 1000 HP on a bone stock 2J motor with the AEM.

The 300ZX has been around for a LONG time.... why has no one taken this car to 1000+RWHP and 8 sec 1/4 mile times?? I know they are space limited.... and a pain to work on but not impossible! Hell we ran 10.8 in a 300 ZX 10 years ago!! Doesnt seem like anyone has really taken these cars to the next level??

Perhaps there are other limiting issues that the VQ motor has..... although with what we have learned from engine building in the past 20 years I do not see it taking 5 years to bring up a new motor to speed.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 AM
MIAPLAYA

I understand what you are saying... But my point is that the HP numbers have increased dramatically since the EMS came out. The Supra 2J motor and 6 spd tranny.... drivetrain etc is as stout as you can get. I have made well over 1000 HP on a bone stock 2J motor with the AEM.

The 300ZX has been around for a LONG time.... why has no one taken this car to 1000+RWHP and 8 sec 1/4 mile times?? I know they are space limited.... and a pain to work on but not impossible! Hell we ran 10.8 in a 300 ZX 10 years ago!! Doesnt seem like anyone has really taken these cars to the next level??

Perhaps there are other limiting issues that the VQ motor has..... although with what we have learned from engine building in the past 20 years I do not see it taking 5 years to bring up a new motor to speed.
Lets face it. The 300ZX is one of the most underdeveloped old school turbo cars. How many people make turbo upgrades for it? One, two companies. The majority of the parts for it are from JWT. For whatever reason it didn't get the attention the Supra did. End of story. How many VQ35s have you built that are running 1000 WHP? To date I think theres a grand total of TWO making that much power and one of them is a drag car. The bottom line is you can claim 1000 HP cars all day long but when you can show me 1000 HP street Zs then you can tell the rest of us we are slow and behing the times. Again I'm not saying the EMS is not a good unit. Hell I KNOW it is. I've played with the tuning software. But telling the Z world how behind they are with only 4 years development and comparing it to cars with double or even TRIPLE the development time isn't earning you any business.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-17-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:16 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Lets face it. The 300ZX is one of the most underdeveloped old school turbo cars. How many people make turbo upgrades for it? One, two companies. The majority of the parts for it are from JWT. For whatever reason it didn't get the attention the Supra did. End of story. How many VQ35s have you built that are running 1000 WHP..
Exactly my point.... When we were doing 300s.... we only had 550cc inj and JWT to deal with. We were limited. Now I am building one with a EMS and much larger injectors and turbos.

The bottom line is you can claim 1000 HP cars all day long but when you can show me 1000 HP street Zs then you can tell the rest of us we are slow and behing the times. Again I'm not saying the EMS is not a good unit. Hell I KNOW it is. I've played with the tuning software. But telling the Z world how behind they are with only 4 years development and comparing it to cars with double or even TRIPLE the development time isn't earning you any business.
Why wouldnt showing you 1000HP supras, Evos, Vipers etc show you that the Z is behind??

I took a KA 240 up to 700 RWHP in less than 6 months..... and that was without ever working on one before.... It does not take 4 years!!

Again I am not trying to offend anyone!! I am trying to help!!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
theking

I don't mean to be a jerk but the AEM EMS is nice but not the magical bullit you are making it out to be. What about the 1000whp Supras running Motec. This is a great EMS but there are other little things that need to be worked out with this motor for it to make big power(for street cars) and they aren't related to the EMS that it is running. Vinny Ten and those guys have already made 1600+hp out of it. They just aren't telling their secrets to anyone(ex:1/2" head studs). Also how many tuners(Justin, Darren are examples for the 2JZ) have hundreds of hours on certain motors and can put a base map on for a certain turbo, cam and port job and be pretty close because of all this time. The AEM isn't the ace in the hole but it's damn nice.

Last edited by theking; 04-17-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
MIAPLAYA

Exactly my point.... When we were doing 300s.... we only had 550cc inj and JWT to deal with. We were limited. Now I am building one with a EMS and much larger injectors and turbos.

Why wouldnt showing you 1000HP supras, Evos, Vipers etc show you that the Z is behind??

I took a KA 240 up to 700 RWHP in less than 6 months..... and that was without ever working on one before.... It does not take 4 years!!

Again I am not trying to offend anyone!! I am trying to help!!
Because you are comparing cars that have had double or TRIPLE the development time. If it only takes you 6 months to develop a motor building strategy that will hold 1000 HP, a clutch combo that holds 1000 HP, a driveshaft that holds 1000 HP, a turbo system that will take you to 1000 HP, and everything else thats needed why I don't I see one yet? My point is your post IMHO insult the companies and tuners who have been here since day one developing parts, programs, and everything else to get us where we are today. If your EMS can put the Z community over the top then that great. But telling us we are slow because we aren't to the point that other platforms took 10-15 years to get to after us only having 4 isn't earning you squat here. I commend all the current vendors and companies who have been here doing this since the beginning. They have taken us a long way in 4 years. If you have something to offer good. But don't bag them by telling us we're behind just because we haven't had the same amount of development time as the Supra, Evo, Honda, or DSM platform.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:36 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Because you are comparing cars that have had double or TRIPLE the development time. If it only takes you 6 months to develop a motor building strategy that will hold 1000 HP, a clutch combo that holds 1000 HP, a driveshaft that holds 1000 HP, a turbo system that will take you to 1000 HP, and everything else thats needed why I don't I see one yet? My point is your post IMHO insult the companies and tuners who have been here since day one developing parts, programs, and everything else to get us where we are today. If your EMS can put the Z community over the top then that great. But telling us we are slow because we aren't to the point that other platforms took 10-15 years to get to after us only having 4 isn't earning you squat here. I commend all the current vendors and companies who have been here doing this since the beginning. They have taken us a long way in 4 years. If you have something to offer good. But don't bag them by telling us we're behind just because we haven't had the same amount of development time as the Supra, Evo, Honda, or DSM platform.
Driveshaft, clutch and turbos should not take that long....

however what types of engine problems are you having?

Quick Reply: AEM EMS Now available for 350Z