Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Alcohol/Methanol/Water Injection Q&A...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 PM
minus500
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When choosing jet size for the meth kit, what are the guidelines? Is it dependent on horsepower, motor size, etc etc? I have the basic aquamist kit and there are three jets that can be used.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
for the people that suggest water injection over the need for meth are crazy, you run a much bigger chance of cylinder wash with water injection than meth which is the end of a lot of motors that run rich on injection...as for the need for 3d kits, its not always true, if you have a fast spooling car such as the srt4s, the evos and some other cars the boost pressure switches actually work great...if you have the extra money definitely go with a progressive kit but its not always neccessary...I can put money down that if you took a ride in an evo with a boost pressure switch vs a progressive you could not feel the difference...
Not that I am a expert on W/M injection but the problem with your theory on the boost pressure switch vs. a progressive setup is that regardless whether a car spools quickly 10PSI @ 3500RPM is not the same airflow as 10PSI @ 7000RPM which is where you water:fuel ratio would be way off at one end of the spectrum.

Just a problem that I noticed with your theory.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Ultimate CC

There is a lot of theory but in reality it doesn't make as big of a difference as some would suspect, I am all for 2d and 3d kits as they are in theory far superior and if you have the money definitely go for it but the simple kits that have been around for over a decade still get the job done very well, thats all I am pointing out, I am totally with you on the fact that a progressive kit is better than a boost pressure switch...
Old 08-21-2007, 10:21 AM
DMK

Couldn't you just tune around a boost pressure system? I understand airflow at 3500rpm is not the same as 7000rpm regardless of boost, but won't you see that as the rpms get higher the car will be leaning out a bit due to more air and less of the injection liquid. So, simple solution would be add a little more fuel and tune the car so the A/F, Timing and Power look good. I mean, isn't that what tuning is suppose to do.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Ultimate CC

you could certainly do that as well...
Old 08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

+1
Old 08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

You are assuming a WOT run. What if you keep crossing the threshold where the spray is supposed to occur (say at a particular rpm). It'll spray 5 times in full instead of dosing it out over an rpm range (against a 2D map, rpm vs map). No question a map is better to achieve the desired effect.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Ultimate CC

in theory 2d always owns a 1d or even a boost pressure switch kit but when driving them you rarely can tell the difference when both are tuned well...I personally ran a 1d progressive kit on my evo...
Old 09-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Cube

What's the deal with windshield washer fluid?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Ultimate CC

the problem with it is that it varies in percent of meth in most areas due to the changing weather and its rare to have some more than 35% meth so its mainly water...with mainly water you will make way less whp and you can also run better odds of getting cylinder wash than when running higher meth...
Old 09-02-2007, 06:23 AM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

how much is the auqamist 2c?

anyone got a link?
Old 09-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Ultimate CC

sorry i only deal with snow performance kits currently...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Ultimate CC

anyone else interested..
Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Madelinot

On a stock VQ, At which boost pressure should 50/50% water/meth be injected? What about a lower compression built engine?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
athenG

I haven't done a full research on this but I'm really interested on installing a Water/Meth kit on my car end of this winter or spring, but I still need to find a shop that know how to install/tune a water/meth first.

What is the best kit that Snow has and can you give me update on the feature it has? I want to install one mainly for safety and power is secondary.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
reptile718

I have a question. My stillen s/c kit has a locked SS box which runs a 7th injector that is necessary for the kit to function correctly. I would have to upgrade my six injectors and eliminate the 7th if I want to run a different EMS. I am interested in water/meth injection but don't want to do whats listed above. Is there a way I can run this kit correctly without changing my tune since my SS box wont let me change any settings? The s/c makes gobs of heat and just for the cooling purposes alone would make it completely worth it.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Gary Evans

Base upon 10 years of running injection on two differant turbocharged street motorcycles with up to 23lbs boost I have come to the following conclusions.

1) Water alone will do a good job for detonation protection w/o the corrosive problems associated with meth. I have tried 50/50 mixtures and straight meth with no measureable HP change on the dyno. Some people claim improvements but I haven't seen any. My HP range is 300-380 depending on boost level.

2) I have not found the need for programable delivery but that will vary by application. Mine turns on at 7lbs and the transition is seamless. If you have a choice I would suggest having the ability to program delivery if needed.

3) I use a AquaMist system but it may not have enough delivery volume for a high HP car engine. I'm delivering 275cc/min on a 1300cc engine. To get that much flow I had to ream out the largest available AquaMist jet. This is the reason that a lot of people use larger pumps for automotive applications. To get more flow than this you may need an additional pump or a pressurized water tank.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Speqz

for those with stock blocks running a basic single or twin turbo setup, what option are there with meth. Is it safe with those weak rodS?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Ultimate CC

Originally Posted by Madelinot
On a stock VQ, At which boost pressure should 50/50% water/meth be injected? What about a lower compression built engine?

Thanks!
depends on what turbo setup you are running and perfectly fine on low comp engines...
Old 10-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Ultimate CC

Originally Posted by athenG
I haven't done a full research on this but I'm really interested on installing a Water/Meth kit on my car end of this winter or spring, but I still need to find a shop that know how to install/tune a water/meth first.

What is the best kit that Snow has and can you give me update on the feature it has? I want to install one mainly for safety and power is secondary.
Remind me nov2 and ill give you the full details on the new stage3 kit thats being released...

Quick Reply: Alcohol/Methanol/Water Injection Q&A...