Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Alcohol/Methanol/Water Injection Q&A...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Ultimate CC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reptile718
I have a question. My stillen s/c kit has a locked SS box which runs a 7th injector that is necessary for the kit to function correctly. I would have to upgrade my six injectors and eliminate the 7th if I want to run a different EMS. I am interested in water/meth injection but don't want to do whats listed above. Is there a way I can run this kit correctly without changing my tune since my SS box wont let me change any settings? The s/c makes gobs of heat and just for the cooling purposes alone would make it completely worth it.
with meth you have to get a tune, theres really no way around that, sorry
Old 10-09-2007, 08:32 PM
DMK

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
the problem with it is that it varies in percent of meth in most areas due to the changing weather and its rare to have some more than 35% meth so its mainly water...with mainly water you will make way less whp and you can also run better odds of getting cylinder wash than when running higher meth...
But cylinder wash shouldn't be a problem with current systems, if installed/tuned correctly.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Ultimate CC

Originally Posted by DMK
But cylinder wash shouldn't be a problem with current systems, if installed/tuned correctly.
ill agree with that...
Old 10-10-2007, 04:39 AM
Madelinot

What are the symptoms of "cylinder wash" ?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:14 AM
reptile718

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
with meth you have to get a tune, theres really no way around that, sorry
That sucks, what if I just run straight water for cooling purposes would I still need to tune?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 AM
DMK

That sucks, what if I just run straight water for cooling purposes would I still need to tune?
Nope. You can tune for water to get some more power out of it, but adding it to an already safe/good tune is the best way, IMO. Just some more piece of mind that you engine is less likely to blow.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Ultimate CC

yea you can run meth too that way just run a super small nozzle...
Old 10-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Madelinot

Originally Posted by DMK
Nope. You can tune for water to get some more power out of it, but adding it to an already safe/good tune is the best way, IMO. Just some more piece of mind that you engine is less likely to blow.
That is exactly what I did...
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 AM
mok5

I have a question. My stillen s/c kit has a locked SS box which runs a 7th injector that is necessary for the kit to function correctly. I would have to upgrade my six injectors and eliminate the 7th if I want to run a different EMS. I am interested in water/meth injection but don't want to do whats listed above. Is there a way I can run this kit correctly without changing my tune since my SS box wont let me change any settings? The s/c makes gobs of heat and just for the cooling purposes alone would make it completely worth it.
I'm currently running a different EMS (FCON IS) with my stage 4. Was having so much problem with my SS box. I was planning/hoping to try to run an water/meth with my setup. would i have to ditch my 7th injector to get this to work??
Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 AM
jining

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased this stage 1 kit (link at bottom) , i dont want my tune to rely on water/meth so I am just going to run it ontop of my current tune. What do you make of this kit does it look okay?

Also, I have heard of many people using windshield washer fluid, but I have heard there is soap in it. Is that a safe route or should I just mix 50% water and 50% meth.

Or... should I just use straight water? I just want it for safety, as I said before, dont want to be dependent on it. Does it matter if the water is distilled or is tap water fine?

Thanks for the help!

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...c37/index.html

Last edited by jining; 10-15-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:49 AM
DMK

Originally Posted by jining
I just purchased this stage 1 kit (link at bottom) , i dont want my tune to rely on water/meth so I am just going to run it ontop of my current tune. What do you make of this kit does it look okay?

Also, I have heard of many people using windshield washer fluid, but I have heard there is soap in it. Is that a safe route or should I just mix 50% water and 50% meth.

Or... should I just use straight water? I just want it for safety, as I said before, dont want to be dependent on it. Does it matter if the water is distilled or is tap water fine?

Thanks for the help!

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...c37/index.html
Use distilled water only. The minerals in the tap water will mess with the engine. Water is your best choice as it provides the most amount of safety and you do not need a tune for it. If you add meth to your current tune, you will probably lose power because it will run rich. You are basically adding more fuel with meth/alky.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:51 AM
jining

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, cheap as well
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 AM
Ultimate CC

Originally Posted by DMK
Use distilled water only. The minerals in the tap water will mess with the engine. Water is your best choice as it provides the most amount of safety and you do not need a tune for it. If you add meth to your current tune, you will probably lose power because it will run rich. You are basically adding more fuel with meth/alky.
+1 to that...
Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by DMK

Ok, I have a few questions. It says that Water/Meth reduce Air Temp by 50+ deg, is it the Water that does that? So in the middle of the Summer Session where temp goes 90+, will having just water help you keep/maintain your power since you will not be that affected of the Heat?

I'm also looking to get this but my main purpose is for safety and also help me on the Hot Summer Days.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Ultimate CC

Originally Posted by athenG
Ok, I have a few questions. It says that Water/Meth reduce Air Temp by 50+ deg, is it the Water that does that? So in the middle of the Summer Session where temp goes 90+, will having just water help you keep/maintain your power since you will not be that affected of the Heat?

I'm also looking to get this but my main purpose is for safety and also help me on the Hot Summer Days.
yes your ait will drop considerably but its any of the three that will drop your ait...i personally like 50% meth/water mix because it is a cheap octane booster and cooler as well compared to running the 100% mixes and its also much less corrosive on your aluminum parts in your engine...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 AM
athenG

Ok, since I'll be only running this for safety and not for power, do I really need a progressive kit and all the bells and whistle like flow control?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Ultimate CC

I personally love the stage1 type kits on fast spooling setups...such as superchargers or smaller turbos...
Old 10-16-2007, 09:27 PM
mok5

Originally Posted by mok5
I'm currently running a different EMS (FCON IS) with my stage 4. Was having so much problem with my SS box. I was planning/hoping to try to run an water/meth with my setup. would i have to ditch my 7th injector to get this to work??

Any suggestions on how to run this on a Stillen kit with a 7th injector and tunable?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Ultimate CC

Well I am not super familar with this 7th injector setup, if you have a link to some info on it that would help greatly...but are you planning on using meth injection as your 7th or do you want to just add it and basically have 8 injectors because you can certainly do either as long as you get the car tuned...in the evos we push 400whp on meth and stock turbo which is beyond stock 580 injectors but on meth it gives you plenty of room and keeps idc down to 70% from nearly 100%...
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 AM
mok5

I was planning on running it as a 8th injector. Although i wasn't sure were to locate the spray nozzel since the 7th injector is located on the lower portion of the aluminun inlet on the back of the supercharger. Ideally I would guess the location of the 7th injector would be the place to locate the spray nozzel. Where else can you locate it?

Quick Reply: Alcohol/Methanol/Water Injection Q&A...