Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Alcohol/Methanol/Water Injection Q&A...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Ultimate CC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can put the nozzle 6-12 inch from tb ideally but there is not set position on boosted engines...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 AM
mok5

thanks for your help!!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Ultimate CC

no prob...
Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Ultimate CC

anyone else interested or running meth injection
Old 11-01-2007, 02:50 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
Remind me nov2 and ill give you the full details on the new stage3 kit thats being released...

I was going to post tomorrow. Oh well it's 5 hrs before Nov.2 so any update?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been thinking about it. I like the idea of using my washer fluid tank, and I was thinking of having the UTEC kick the pump on and off.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
DMK

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I have been thinking about it. I like the idea of using my washer fluid tank, and I was thinking of having the UTEC kick the pump on and off.
How big is our windshield washer tank?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:02 PM
QuadCam

it is about a gallon.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by QuadCam
That's how my setup is. I am using my windshield washed fluid reservoir instead of a separate tank. It works very well.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 PM
DMK

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
That's how my setup is. I am using my windshield washed fluid reservoir instead of a separate tank. It works very well.
So did you replace the washer fluid with another tank or you just can't use you windshield sprayers anymore?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:09 AM
QuadCam

u can leave the washer equipment still in the tank. you just add a bulkhead fitting in the washer fluid tank to feed the water injection pump.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:52 AM
Madelinot

I'm using my windshield washer fluid reservoir too, I drilled a hole at the bottom. It works very well. Since real windshield washer fluid is basically made out of methanol, I use one reservoir for both functions.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:25 AM
AIS

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
yea thats the same deal, plus with water injection you have to watch out for cylinder wash and I highly suggest running atleast 50% methanol to help avoid this...yea injection cools the IAT tremendously...on my evo I would run the same exact trap speeds no matter what the temp was out side, always 122-124 depending on the launch...
We were going over some of the comments posted on this thread and would like to point out a few things.

When running pure water the nozzle size used is considerably smaller vs a water/methanol injection or pure methanol. Therefore, the amount (volume) which is injected is considerably less then a 50/50 mix or pure meth.

Users running to much water would experience spark "quench" which is simply the motor not being able to fire off the air fuel charge any longer. What has happened is we have created an atmosphere inside the combustion chamber which can not be ignited or is struggling to ignite which would be indicated by the engine bogging/missing noticeably.

Washing the cylinders would be very difficult as the engine would simply run very poorly or not at all. User's have a better chance of running a large pure methanol shot and washing the cylinder.

Remember, we have to run approx. 2.5 times the amount of alcohol for one part of gasoline. While alcohol is a higher octane gasoline and it's a cleaner fuel, the downside of it is you have to run much more. Which is why many are complaining about E85. This is why we run larger nozzles with 50/50 or pure methanol.

Aside from this, water injection is a very effective octane booster (anti detonate ) and air charge cooling agent.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:41 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by AIS
We were going over some of the comments posted on this thread and would like to point out a few things.

When running pure water the nozzle size used is considerably smaller vs a water/methanol injection or pure methanol. Therefore, the amount (volume) which is injected is considerably less then a 50/50 mix or pure meth.

Users running to much water would experience spark "quench" which is simply the motor not being able to fire off the air fuel charge any longer. What has happened is we have created an atmosphere inside the combustion chamber which can not be ignited or is struggling to ignite which would be indicated by the engine bogging/missing noticeably.

Washing the cylinders would be very difficult as the engine would simply run very poorly or not at all. User's have a better chance of running a large pure methanol shot and washing the cylinder.

Remember, we have to run approx. 2.5 times the amount of alcohol for one part of gasoline. While alcohol is a higher octane gasoline and it's a cleaner fuel, the downside of it is you have to run much more. Which is why many are complaining about E85. This is why we run larger nozzles with 50/50 or pure methanol.

Aside from this, water injection is a very effective octane booster (anti detonate ) and air charge cooling agent.

I really like your trunk-mount kit but not sure if I have enough space in my G35 trunk to put it. How far away can you put the nozzle with this system? I have a rear-mount Turbo but I think attaching the nozzle in the back wont work right? (me and my crazy ideas )
Old 11-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by DMK
So did you replace the washer fluid with another tank or you just can't use you windshield sprayers anymore?
Basically, I don't use the sprayers anymore. They are still functional but I don't wanna waste any Boost Juice which is what is in the reservoir now. I basically just carry a bottle of Windex in my G if I ever need to spray my windshield.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:50 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Basically, I don't use the sprayers anymore. They are still functional but I don't wanna waste any Boost Juice which is what is in the reservoir now. I basically just carry a bottle of Windex in my G if I ever need to spray my windshield.
Hex,
How big is our stock Windshield reservoir? If this is big enough then I'll opt out for a regular kit, also what brand and stage of kit did you get?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:13 PM
AIS

Originally Posted by athenG
I really like your trunk-mount kit but not sure if I have enough space in my G35 trunk to put it. How far away can you put the nozzle with this system? I have a rear-mount Turbo but I think attaching the nozzle in the back wont work right? (me and my crazy ideas )
If you can place the nozzle all the way at the front of the vehicle with the tank in the rear. Even though you have a rear-mount turbo you will still place the nozzle just before the throttle body.

As for using your windshield wiper fluid container, yes you can use this and the container is over a gallon giving you a good capacity. If you decide to use the windshield wiper container keep in mind you need to locate a place beneath it to mount the pump and run the fluid lines to and from along with the electrical for the controller. Using the windshield wiper fluid container is a great idea but requires much more time to complete the install.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

info@alocholinjectionsystems.com
Old 11-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Ultimate CC

With evos cylinder wash is a major issue since 90% of evo owners attempt to tune their own cars using the free software...hence why I make a point of it cause a lot of 350z owners run UTEC's which are user tunable...only mention it as a precaution...
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM
THE ROADSTER

[/CENTER]

Here is the rear mounted thank.

Last edited by THE ROADSTER; 11-02-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
[/CENTER]

Here is the rear mounted thank.

What kit is that and were did you run the line?

Quick Reply: Alcohol/Methanol/Water Injection Q&A...