Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:03 AM
evobunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Car vs. Driver
Dealer or tuner that can flash the stock ECU are your only options ...
I have the full kit with the unichip piggle back. will dealer still be able to flash ecu. and anyone know what they would charge.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by evobunny
I have the full kit with the unichip piggle back. will dealer still be able to flash ecu. and anyone know what they would charge.

I'm pretty sure they can flash ECU, like stock setup. But You already have stock setup on your ECU, why you want same way flash? Even they can flash your ecu diff way, i wouldn't take it to dealer. I rather take it to someone that knows 350z. If you do really want flash ECU, then shoot PM to some of dealer that knows about tune. If you overnight your ECU, you car will down for couple of days.

But sorry i forgot, i have to go back your post see why you need reflash ECU.

Edit: gotcha, if you are just going to keep your 'nissan' for long time, go with cipher. I think cipher can be use on diff nissan models.( i'm not sure )

chefj

Last edited by Chef-J; 04-08-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

using the stock SS box. There is a serial port hookup. Is there a cable and software to run this and adjust it on my laptop?

Where can i get this software? I do'nt have it as i purchased the kit used.

Also, can i run this and adjust the maps before i put my super charger on? I have to do my install in pieces since i don't have enough time to take a whole day for my install.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
evobunny

Originally Posted by Chef-J
I'm pretty sure they can flash ECU, like stock setup. But You already have stock setup on your ECU, why you want same way flash? Even they can flash your ecu diff way, i wouldn't take it to dealer. I rather take it to someone that knows 350z. If you do really want flash ECU, then shoot PM to some of dealer that knows about tune. If you overnight your ECU, you car will down for couple of days.

But sorry i forgot, i have to go back your post see why you need reflash ECU.

Edit: gotcha, if you are just going to keep your 'nissan' for long time, go with cipher. I think cipher can be use on diff nissan models.( i'm not sure )

chefj
haha my bad, I guess I should have copy more quote. yeah I was just wondering if a dealer could bump up my idle with me having a unichip.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
armt350z

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

hey guys, I skimmed through the thread and maybe I missed it. does anyone have the part number for the non revup 79.5 inch belt? preferably bando or gates... thanks.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:26 PM
*My_350Gt*

I have several question and need help from the Z guys please,

Today I bought a supercharger(Vortech)used about 3k miles on it-

Question: I have a G coupe and its a non-rev 04.5 and the kit (vortech) came from an 03-04 Z couple non-rev. I heard you need piping done? new clamps? etc? opinion? help help, what do i need guys?

The kit came with the supercharger-intercooler-fuel pump, fuel regulator, and a blow off valve, fuel controller but except the gauges- the pipings, clamps, belts, cold spark plugs, piggyback ecu from the Z ill check again what i got if more but so far those are what i remember...HELP!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:33 PM
fishclub

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by armt350z
hey guys, I skimmed through the thread and maybe I missed it. does anyone have the part number for the non revup 79.5 inch belt? preferably bando or gates... thanks.
For Gate Belt will be 60795
Old 04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
*My_350Gt*

Default Parts that was included for the Vortech-

Here's the parts that came with it. Sorry for the pictures..Iphone 2g sucks.
Attached Thumbnails vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions-2009-072.jpg   vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions-2009-066.jpg   vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions-2009-065.jpg   vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions-2009-064.jpg   vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions-2009-061.jpg  

Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by *My_350Gt*

Question: I have a G coupe and its a non-rev 04.5 and the kit (vortech) came from an 03-04 Z couple non-rev. I heard you need piping done? new clamps? etc? opinion? help help, what do i need guys?

The kit came with the supercharger-intercooler-fuel pump, fuel regulator, and a blow off valve, fuel controller but except the gauges- the pipings, clamps, belts, cold spark plugs, piggyback ecu from the Z ill check again what i got if more but so far those are what i remember...HELP!
I heard both side, some said no need new pipe, some said need. I'm pretty sure you can find your an answer from G35driver.com for sure.

You are good, you can reuse the clamps.

Edit: Do you have the oil pan spacer?

chefj
Old 04-12-2009, 08:27 PM
*My_350Gt*

No i dont. Im going to the shop tomorrow...they are a sub dealer from Vortech. Its in arcadia ca.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The used kit I bought was originally for a G35...so you shouldn't need new piping...

That being said, I have a revup Vortech...you appear to have a non-revup...

Originally Posted by *My_350Gt*

Old 04-12-2009, 10:00 PM
*My_350Gt*

ok. ll check in tomorrow at the shop and see what they say and ill tell them what i heard and given by the VQ guys from here. thanks bunch.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Mr_pharmD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those are the same pipings i have on my g and it fits.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 AM
mazymus

Not sure if I saw this definitely answered:

Can I used the 3.12 pulley on the base V3 kit? Would it be safe on the kit, as well as the engine? I'm trying to keep the kit as close to complete as possible to stay CARB legal.

tx
Old 04-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by mazymus
Not sure if I saw this definitely answered:

Can I used the 3.12 pulley on the base V3 kit? Would it be safe on the kit, as well as the engine? I'm trying to keep the kit as close to complete as possible to stay CARB legal.

tx
I'm running 3.12 on V3. Yes it is safe, long as you get a right tune by right tuner.

chefj
Old 04-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Car vs. Driver

Some people have run that pulley with no other mods and haven't had an issue. Just make sure you get tuned, you can't just slap it on and go.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. Just jump to the 2.87, get bigger injectors and a UTEC.

For legality purposes, you can always put the 3.33 back on just for inspection.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Some people have run that pulley with no other mods and haven't had an issue. Just make sure you get tuned, you can't just slap it on and go.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. Just jump to the 2.87, get bigger injectors and a UTEC.

Yea, but downside, it's going to kinda pain in the butt to replace 3.33 pulley

chefj
Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 AM
mazymus

i thought about that, but it seems that the 2.87 gives somewhat high psi (11-12) which might be a much for my bone stock engine.

also, i think they'll know if i have the non-base fuel pump. so you're saying buy the base model, but just replace the injector while keeping the kit pump (as opposed to get a tuner kit w/ walbro pump / 600 injectors)?

that might work, but again i have to make sure 2.87 w/ the high psi is going to be safe on my base engine.

it seems that even the 3.12 might give me slightly dangerous boosts.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If you're worried about high psi's, you can always have your tuner limit your rpm so you don't go over the boost you want...

That's what I did...I was a little overzealous on my initial setup with 440cc injectors and a 2.87....too much boost for 440cc, so I was leaning out....my tuner played it safe and lowered my rpm to about 6000 so I wouldn't boost too much and be lean...

This is all assuming you have a tuner that can reflash you ECU and lower your rpm...

In a Vortech the amount of boost you get is dictated by your RPM, since the blower speed is dictated by the engine driving it...

i thought about that, but it seems that the 2.87 gives somewhat high psi (11-12) which might be a much for my bone stock engine.

also, i think they'll know if i have the non-base fuel pump. so you're saying buy the base model, but just replace the injector while keeping the kit pump (as opposed to get a tuner kit w/ walbro pump / 600 injectors)?

that might work, but again i have to make sure 2.87 w/ the high psi is going to be safe on my base engine.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Car vs. Driver

I'm running a 2.87 on a stock block, 11PSI of boost peak ... fuel return, 600cc injectors, wablro 255 and utec. Not a single problem. Besides, how will someone know if you have a walbro without actually taking your pump basket apart and looking?

Quick Reply: vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions