Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 PM
evobunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the only way to bump up the rpm idle is to go to nissan. or is there something u can do yourself. sorry for the dumb question but nissan sucks ***** where I live. they dont like me.

I just install my vortech, and got that annoying rattle below 900 rpm
Old 03-30-2009, 03:13 AM
Car vs. Driver

Dealer or tuner that can flash the stock ECU are your only options ...
Old 03-30-2009, 10:13 PM
evobunny

do you know how much a dealer would charge. and how long it would take. and also I have the unichip with my vortech full kit. would dealer know how to raise it if I have that.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Car vs. Driver

Probably an hour of service ... $80 or so.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 AM
jpc350

Or you could by a cypher for about $100.0 I believe and bump it yourself to about xxx rpm...Check search on cypher (sp.) and get all the info...GL
Old 03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
evobunny

Originally Posted by jpc350
Or you could by a cypher for about $100.0 I believe and bump it yourself to about xxx rpm...Check search on cypher (sp.) and get all the info...GL
humm anyone else know about this method.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Car vs. Driver

Cypher cable is $299 new ... not $100.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by evobunny
humm anyone else know about this method.
http://www.uprev.com/
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

CIPHER DATA & DIAGNOSTICS
Our popular data logging and diagnostic tool for today’s Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. Cipher allows you to connect your USB equipped Windows PC directly to your vehicle and communicate with on-board systems such as the ECU.

With Cipher, you can log various sensors/parameters and retrieve DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) so you can see how your vehicle is running and see what needs to be repaired or adjusted. Data that is retrieved with Cipher can be viewed in real time or saved to a file for later viewing or comparison. Cipher’s .csv files can be viewed through Cipher’s built-in graphical display or through many spreadsheet programs.

Cipher
$300

nice tool

go to uprev.com
Old 04-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

whats up guys!
I just got a killer deal on a vortech tuner kit with utec and DW 600cc..

I have a couple of question though..
the easiest question is:
Where can I find/ buy the 2.87 pulley??

- I plan to do the install myself ( with the help of some peoples threads like chef-j and car vs driver ( great info ) ) after all is done, I plan to take the car down to AAM and have jeremy tune the utec..

- Do I need to trailer the car down there? ( 4-5 hr drive ) Ive read that if I dont install the supercharger cog belts I should be fine and drive the car like N/A. Confirm?

- Whats a good belt that you guys recommend ? Gates? any link to where I can buy it? ( ill keep searching ! )

I found a great deal and I spent around $4600 for everything: polished blower- 3.12 & 2.87, utec, DW600cc, gtm pulley mod, walbro 255, aam oil pan spacer, greddy catch can, nismo thermostat.

already have : 5/16 spacer/ test pipes/ nismo catback/ 1 setep colder plugs - engine wise.

do you think with my setup i can hit 400+ whp??

Thanks a lottt for those who may help me with the questions!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Car vs. Driver

Originally Posted by Vas@Extended
whats up guys!
I just got a killer deal on a vortech tuner kit with utec and DW 600cc..

I have a couple of question though..
the easiest question is:
Where can I find/ buy the 2.87 pulley??
You can get it from Vortech, they're like $80-$90 IIRC. Or, check the classifieds on here.

- I plan to do the install myself ( with the help of some peoples threads like chef-j and car vs driver ( great info ) ) after all is done, I plan to take the car down to AAM and have jeremy tune the utec..
Good for you, DIY is the way to go.

- Do I need to trailer the car down there? ( 4-5 hr drive ) Ive read that if I dont install the supercharger cog belts I should be fine and drive the car like N/A. Confirm?
Driving it shouldn't be a problem even with everything hooked up. Just don't go into boost and you'll be fine. I mean, it'll run pig rich but that shouldn't hurt anything.

AAM should be able to send you a base map that you can load to your UTEC though. FunctionTUNED sent me one for my drive out to him.

- Whats a good belt that you guys recommend ? Gates? any link to where I can buy it? ( ill keep searching ! )
Yep, Gates.

I found a great deal and I spent around $4600 for everything: polished blower- 3.12 & 2.87, utec, DW600cc, gtm pulley mod, walbro 255, aam oil pan spacer, greddy catch can, nismo thermostat.

already have : 5/16 spacer/ test pipes/ nismo catback/ 1 setep colder plugs - engine wise.

do you think with my setup i can hit 400+ whp??

Thanks a lottt for those who may help me with the questions!
400WHP on the AAM dyno shouldn't be a problem with that setup. Good luck!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks bud!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Or you can look up FIXED: www.superchargersonline.com

I just fixed one problem, i will post on my thread, check that out.

Edit: Car vs driver,
Do you still interetsed in my HFC? if do, send me a your phone number, i will call you on tuesday.
chefj

Last edited by Chef-J; 04-03-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sounds good Ill be checking that out... im mostly concerned about driving the car for 5 hrs.. Im sure it will be no problem( hopefully! ) ill just stay below 3000-3500 rpm.

if I were to just not install the supercharger cog belt and just drive it normally.. would that be ok?? since it is my daily driver and I may need to drive it around to get me places.Thanks!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Well, you can unhook the cog pulley and drive. I didn't install utec yet and still running with N/A belt setup. No problem just like N/A but eatting alot of gas tho lol

chefj
Old 04-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Well, you can unhook the cog pulley and drive. I didn't install utec yet and still running with N/A belt setup. No problem just like N/A but eatting alot of gas tho lol

chefj
Oh so you got the stock belts, you didnt put the supercharger belts back on?.. why is it eating so much gas? are you on bigger injectors? ( checking your thread now )

I was thinking.. to put the utec and everything so when I get to AAM, they dont charge me for like labor and such ya know. I would like to do everything my self.

But it looks like either way ill drive, that will save me a bunch load insted of trailering it
Old 04-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Oh so you got the stock belts, you didnt put the supercharger belts back on?.. why is it eating so much gas? are you on bigger injectors? ( checking your thread now )

I was thinking.. to put the utec and everything so when I get to AAM, they dont charge me for like labor and such ya know. I would like to do everything my self.

But it looks like either way ill drive, that will save me a bunch load insted of trailering it
I don't know why this is eatting so much gas tho lol maybe my drive style changed? lol

Well, this is my first time doing it. I didn't want to mess around wtih utec and all this fuel stuff + didn't have enough time at that time.
I rather pay more and be safe hahah
And yea i'm just running stock belts, and GTM shipped their GTM pulley and belts to the shop so i have a only cog belt. ( i lost my 3.33 pulley belt during the moving out from my apartment)

Like car vs driver mention it,
- you can get a base map from AAM
or
- unhook the cog belt and drive

Either way you will be fine.

Edit: When are you going to install??

chefj

Last edited by Chef-J; 04-03-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chef-J
I don't know why this is eatting so much gas tho lol maybe my drive style changed? lol

Well, this is my first time doing it. I didn't want to mess around wtih utec and all this fuel stuff + didn't have enough time at that time.
I rather pay more and be safe hahah
And yea i'm just running stock belts, and GTM shipped their GTM pulley and belts to the shop so i have a only cog belt. ( i lost my 3.33 pulley belt during the moving out from my apartment)

Like car vs driver mention it,
- you can get a base map from AAM
or
- unhook the cog belt and drive

Either way you will be fine.

Edit: When are you going to install??

chefj
Cool thanks for info!

Does GTM carry the gates belt for the 2.87? that be good cause I cant find em anywhere lol... this way I'll just contact George.

I plan to do the install when I get the supercharger back from vortech ( I will be sending it out for a minor rebuilt of new seals and bearings ( just to be safe ) so I dont take it out later if anything happens.

should be in the next 2 weeks
Old 04-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Car vs. Driver

Sounds good Ill be checking that out... im mostly concerned about driving the car for 5 hrs.. Im sure it will be no problem( hopefully! ) ill just stay below 3000-3500 rpm.

if I were to just not install the supercharger cog belt and just drive it normally.. would that be ok?? since it is my daily driver and I may need to drive it around to get me places.Thanks!
You could just not hook up the blower belt and drive up like that, it's up to you. I would personally (and did) have everything installed, hooked up, ready to go and drove about 2.5 hours from my house to FunctionTUNED. No problems what-so-ever.

Just drive like an old lady, resist the urge to floor it and you'll be perfectly OK.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Cool thanks for info!

Does GTM carry the gates belt for the 2.87? that be good cause I cant find em anywhere lol... this way I'll just contact George.

I plan to do the install when I get the supercharger back from vortech ( I will be sending it out for a minor rebuilt of new seals and bearings ( just to be safe ) so I dont take it out later if anything happens.

should be in the next 2 weeks
I'm pretty sure they do. When i was ordering GTM pulley, George told me they need to know what pulley i will be running, so they can send out a right belt.
Btw, that's good idea to send your blower to vortech.

chefj

Quick Reply: vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions