Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Navygolf13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I just find it interesting that in all your posts in that thread you never address the fact that the kit is indeed a replica. you can answer the questions I raised in the thread if you would like to explain yourself (not judging without a little more info)
Whether the kit is authntic or not I do not know, nor did I know when I sold it. I bought an authentic kit for way more than I sold it to him for, so I lost money on the deal. Like I said I do not know what happened from the time he picked up the kit to when he told me it was fake....about five months of time. He had it at a shop that fitted it and left it in his garage for a while. How can I with that much time having gone by say it was authentic or not, or even if it is the same kit? I am not saying he did anything shady, but I do not know where the kit had been or what had happened to it after I sold it to him.

Let me ask you motormouth....if you sold what you thought to be an authentic kit and five months later the person who you dol it to comes back and says it is a replica. What are you going to do? Honestly, I am not in business here and I dont think any business would have done anything about it at that point either....you know?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like I said, I didn't judge until I see some more info.

... like who you bought it off of and a reciept maybe?

but add that unsatisfied buyer to a certain clutch sale recipient...

you either seem really uninformed or ... you know... 'shady'.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Navygolf13

but why are they not there? did they snap off when removing them from the stock cats?
Okay, to address this, I obviously do not have all the details...I was not there during the install of my exhaust. I went to pick up the car on a Friday, when I got there it wasnt done, and I needed it that weekend for a track event. The guys from VRT were going to Buttonwillow that day and they got backed up with some other stuff not a big deal. So, I told MrA I needed it and he said they would finish it that day even though they really did not have time. So I left and asked them to drive my car up to me when they were done on their way to Buttonwillow. Needless to say they finally got it done around 11:00 and left El Cajon to go to Buttonwillow, which is like a five or six hour dirve. They dropped the car off and MrA told me about the 02 sensors, and I told him it didnt matter. How and why it happened dont know, but I dont have any stock exhaust parts on my car. Dont really know enough about it to say why they werent done, I got the impression they just ran out of time and were rushed through the whole thing, by the way it was my fault, I gave him the wrong date I needed the car by.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Motormouth
Banned

did they snip your O2s or jut not plug the harness back in? I don't understand what happened to them? you are just running a plug in your exhuast bung then?

(I have seen them snap off when trying to get them off stock exhuast)
Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Navygolf13

like I said, I didn't judge until I see some more info.

... like who you bought it off of and a reciept maybe?

but add that unsatisfied buyer to a certain clutch sale recipient...

you either seem really uninformed or ... you know... 'shady'.
Yeah, well the clutch thing is ridiculous. I had the clutch for one month on my first car that was totalled and I know it worked perfectly....I sent it to him and he says it doesnt work, so he wanted money back, I cant gurantee things....I do not have the money to do that. Maybe some of you can. His response is that if I have enough money to build a car then I can refund him his money.....sorry the money for the car build came from insurance. Once again though both issues come up later down the road, so at what point am I off the hook, one month, two, a year? I tried to work things out with both of those guys. As a matter of fact when I saw the post about the clutch I tried to get in touch with him again, and didnt hear anything. Then he posts here again so I sent another PM, he responded by telling me not to blast him, which I never did, adn to drop it. Well, I dont know what to say. When he bought the clutch he bought some other stuff from me as well.

He forgets to mention that I did buy a part that he told me was missing and sent it out again. Look, I sent a clutch that was working....I sold a body kit I thought was authentic....what am I supposed to do? It seems to me that most people on here seem to side with whoever bought something and then complains....just an observation.

By the way eagletanggreen, I am not trying to blast you or say anything negative about you. I am merely saying what I know....I hope you dont take this the wrong way. I would have loved to work this out with you. I even told you way back then to send me the clutch and I would get it warrantied out here, you didnt want to do that, so I would hope you can set the record straight that I tried to make things right.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:43 PM
masterj26

Navy as I told you in the Fallenromeo thread, the threads seem much better before you get into them and you do more harm then good.

I hate to rehash and old thread but this one was quite interesting. You had some benefit in another member not being treated right via VRT and were arguing with everybody in that thread.

You can start reading around post 100 where it came out that it was Navy's kit that romeo was paying $1500 restocking fee on and then somehow him and Mr. A started getting their stories confused on the sale of the kit. I pointed it out and got bs answers. Here is the post of me pointing out the "misstated" facts.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 AM #150
masterj26
Works FTW

Send a message via AIM to masterj26

Sorry I was going off what you had priorly said. I was going off of the facts of the moment for that time. That you, VRT, didn't sell the kit. I must have miss understood. Once again I am sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navygolf13
The Greddy which he was going to buy was my old kit and Michael at VRT held the kit for him for six months or so while he was saving money and figuring out what he wanted to do. So, Michael actually never made any money on that kit which I sold to a guy in North Dakota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraturbo

We had the kit and he later found a buyer.

That sounded way different to me than

Quote:

When we credit the parts, they are ours. No longer the customers.
We ultimately found a new buyer for the kit after Skyler had changed his mind and wanted the additional mods.

Last edited by masterj26 : 03-27-2007 at 12:08 AM.

As you can see Mr. A and Navy didn't quite have their stories colaborated to well And again i will say it to you Navy you should just stay out of these VRT threads, you come across as a nuthugger of VRT and will support them regardless of other being scamed, ripped off etc. You always talk about getting the facts, but you sometimes confuse your "facts" along with Mr. A. This is not to bash you but point out yours and Mr. A's credibility in these types of threads.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Navygolf13

did they snip your O2s or jut not plug the harness back in? I don't understand what happened to them? you are just running a plug in your exhuast bung then?

(I have seen them snap off when trying to get them off stock exhuast)
No the harnesses are there, he did not have time, from my understanding to get them put in. I know it doesnt take that long but they were rushing for me and I think it was an oversight and he told me that whenever I wanted them to be installed bring the car down and he would do it. I just dont see the point with a track only car to have them in. No cats anyways! It was a fully custon exhaust so there were no holes to plug, he has to make the holes to plug in the bung in.....from my understanding.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 PM
C5_vette

I sold a body kit I thought was authentic....what am I supposed to do? It seems to me that most people on here seem to side with whoever bought something and then complains....just an observation.

quick question, where did you originally purchase the body kit from??
Old 06-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by masterj26
Navy as I told you in the Fallenromeo thread, the threads seem much better before you get into them and you do more harm then good.

I hate to rehash and old thread but this one was quite interesting. You had some benefit in another member not being treated right via VRT and were arguing with everybody in that thread.

You can start reading around post 100 where it came out that it was Navy's kit that romeo was paying $1500 restocking fee on and then somehow him and Mr. A started getting their stories confused on the sale of the kit. I pointed it out and got bs answers. Here is the post of me pointing out the "misstated" facts.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 AM #150
masterj26
Works FTW

Send a message via AIM to masterj26

Sorry I was going off what you had priorly said. I was going off of the facts of the moment for that time. That you, VRT, didn't sell the kit. I must have miss understood. Once again I am sorry.

Quote:
The Greddy which he was going to buy was my old kit and Michael at VRT held the kit for him for six months or so while he was saving money and figuring out what he wanted to do. So, Michael actually never made any money on that kit which I sold to a guy in North Dakota.

Quote:

We had the kit and he later found a buyer.

That sounded way different to me than

Quote:

When we credit the parts, they are ours. No longer the customers.
We ultimately found a new buyer for the kit after Skyler had changed his mind and wanted the additional mods.

Last edited by masterj26 : 03-27-2007 at 12:08 AM.

As you can see Mr. A and Navy didn't quite have their stories colaborated to well And again i will say it to you Navy you should just stay out of these VRT threads, you come across as a nuthugger of VRT and will support them regardless of other being scamed, ripped off etc. You always talk about getting the facts, but you sometimes confuse your "facts" along with Mr. A. This is not to bash you but point out yours and Mr. A's credibility in these types of threads.
I think that maybe what was said was read too literally, I found the buyer for the kit, he paid VRT....that never changed. Ask him where he sent his payment. He paid with a CC to VRT. Sorry it wasnt spleed out clearly enough for you. Does that explain it better. I cant go back and change where he sent his payment....so does that resolve the issue?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:50 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_vette
+1

?????
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I think if you have neagative things happen to you then you deal with it on a business level with that company, you dont sling mud on the internet to give them a bad name!
If they earn that bad name then they need to be labled by it.

My belief is that if something is wrong then the customer and business work it out. If things are made right then there should be no ill will towards that company. Whether they go back is another thing.
Ok, im trying to stay impartial here, but do you completely miss the point of a forum? This is here so people can post their experience (whether good or bad, I have had both) so other people who have not done business or are thinking about doing business can get more information. I had a bad experience with VRT, I posted about it, then MrA made things right by me, so I posted that too. You seem to want to keep all bad experiences hidden from the public and that is not the point of a forum at all. A forum is for people to discuss ALL things, not just the good. We don't hide the bad experiences so other people can be taken advantage of in the same way.

I dont like seeing anyone hurt, taken advantage of, or not being able to defend themselves.
You don't want to see the SHOPS hurt. You don't care about the people that are taken advantage of or hurt. And any shop can easily come on here and defend themselves, whether they choose to is a personal choice. By your logic you want to hide all the bad experiences and have people not post them so that other customers can get screwed, but it won't hurt the business of the company? Get real. This forum is not to protect the company so they can keep making money by screwing people over, it is to protect the customers who are thinking about spending a large amount of money from making a big mistake by doing business with a dishonest company.

This is not a bash to VRT and is not directed to MrA. This is a bash to your one sided posting and trying to keep this forum clear of negative posts towards a company you fancy or any company for that matter.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:54 PM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
+1

?????
Just incase you missed my very simple question where did you originally purchase the body kit from??
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Navygolf13

I believe it was Top End....unfortunately, I do not have the receipt anymore. Crabbey asked for it and I couldnt find it. Of course that deosnt help things. Wish I would have kept better records, but didnt think it was going to matter. I had every intention of putting it on my car when I bought it.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Navygolf13

Just incase you missed my very simple question where did you originally purchase the body kit from??
Sorry, give me a minute...your post was only up for ten......
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM
C5_vette

I believe it was Top End....unfortunately, I do not have the receipt anymore. Crabbey asked for it and I couldnt find it. Of course that deosnt help things. Wish I would have kept better records, but didnt think it was going to matter. I had every intention of putting it on my car when I bought it.

got it, thanks
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Motormouth
Banned

you paid 3k in cash? (CC statements are easily looked at online, sometimes for up to two years)
comeon...
Old 06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
masterj26

I think that maybe what was said was read too literally, I found the buyer for the kit, he paid VRT....that never changed. Ask him where he sent his payment. He paid with a CC to VRT. Sorry it wasnt spleed out clearly enough for you. Does that explain it better. I cant go back and change where he sent his payment....so does that resolve the issue?

Its funny, that was never replied in that thread.... and regardless, you have come in and destroyed this thread as you did fallenromeo's, and from other threads your name is beinging to appear as good as VRT's
Old 06-27-2007, 01:02 PM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure Top End Motorsports keeps electronic records of all their sales. Have you tried contacting them for a duplicate receipt?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
If they earn that bad name then they need to be labled by it.

Ok, im trying to stay impartial here, but do you completely miss the point of a forum? This is here so people can post their experience (whether good or bad, I have had both) so other people who have not done business or are thinking about doing business can get more information. I had a bad experience with VRT, I posted about it, then MrA made things right by me, so I posted that too. You seem to want to keep all bad experiences hidden from the public and that is not the point of a forum at all. A forum is for people to discuss ALL things, not just the good. We don't hide the bad experiences so other people can be taken advantage of in the same way.

You don't want to see the SHOPS hurt. You don't care about the people that are taken advantage of or hurt. And any shop can easily come on here and defend themselves, whether they choose to is a personal choice. By your logic you want to hide all the bad experiences and have people not post them so that other customers can get screwed, but it won't hurt the business of the company? Get real. This forum is not to protect the company so they can keep making money by screwing people over, it is to protect the customers who are thinking about spending a large amount of money from making a big mistake by doing business with a dishonest company.

This is not a bash to VRT and is not directed to MrA. This is a bash to your one sided posting and trying to keep this forum clear of negative posts towards a company you fancy or any company for that matter.
I have spoken with you on the phone, dont know if you remember that. But I do know the point of the forums, but like I said, I think the first course of action is to deal with it on a personal level. That is all I am saying. If a shop is not willing to make things right then there is a different story, but for all the complaining I dont see anyone acknowledge the fact that VRT made things right...you yourself say so. It is you opinion you wont go back there, fine. Me personally I think if a shop makes things right reasonably then I would go back, maybe check things a little closer but I would go back if I was satisfied.

I am of the mentality that if a company messes up, fine, but if they make it right and stand by their work then great! I know some people are going to say they havent stood by their work, but they do with me and the people I have spoken with. I cant speak for everyone as I do not work there nor do I speak with all of their customers.

Again, I feel that everyone should check their cars out whatever shop does the work....jst because someone has a good reputation doesnt mean nothing is ever wrong from that shop....that being said, if something was done wrong then the person should deal with it with that shop and not put them on blast! My opinion....if you disagree fine, but as you and so many others have said, it is a forum and public opinion....so I can post here too....but it seems that the people who bash have a free license and those who stick up for the companies being bashed are ridiculed. Doesnt make sense to me.....
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by jtabraham
I'm sure Top End Motorsports keeps electronic records of all their sales. Have you tried contacting them for a duplicate receipt?

I am pretty suprised they sold you kit they marketed as authentic, and it was a replica.... that sucks....

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs