Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:52 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
It wasnt at VRT for a year, it was there for a couple of months....so as far as you are concerned it was VRT...without any facts? Interesting!

Originally Posted by crabbey1
Truthfully, you should watch how you act in the for sale section... You can ruin sales without having any actual info... This is not a replica... I bought it from another member here Navygolf13... He will back this up... Before I purchased it, it had been sitting at VRT waiting for install for about a year and he just decided to go another way... During the transpostation process a couple pieces were lost. I was super hyped on this kit too. So I bought it but now I lost interest and I want the Weber Sports kit...

Link to original sale: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=Veilside+v3
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...3&postcount=14

I really don't care how long it was there.....I'm just trying to figure out where the replica was substituted for the "authentic"..........unless you're gonna stand by Top End sold you a replica kit advertised as authentic.....
Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 PM
IzYou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but it seems that the people who bash have a free license and those who stick up for the companies being bashed are ridiculed. Doesnt make sense to me.....
Somehow I'm having a hard time swallowing this. It's hard for me to put any weight in your opinion since there was that other incident with fallenromeo. I can see several reasons why siding with vrt can be beneficial, but then again that is my opinion.

I'm really glad that the OP came out about VRT as a shop since atleast if anything comes out of it all of us who have read these 18 pages of are now better informed consumers.

VRT- business ethics summary
-selling used parts as new
-parts mysteriously disappearing from the shop
(promised compensation but none)
-withdrawal from accounts without notification
-shady and false advertising
- cheat customers come out ahead and if they come back better informed then make it right.
-navygolf (1) satisfied customer VRT has done right (so far in this thread)

edited: for alliteration and to state that I have not dealt with VRT , but was planning on using their services within the near future. I don't think I will be using their services at all now.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:58 PM
buzzardmountain

It is a sh*tty situation and I am sorry for that, but there is really nothing I can do at this point.........
........Except contact Top End and get that receipt to see what you paid for.

That's the least you could do for Crabbey since you think he's a "stand up guy"....
Old 06-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
+1

I think we should start a thread bashing Top End for selling you a replica kit while advertised to you as authentic......that's not right! Someone need's to put a call in to their shop and let them know they're selling replica parts advertised as authentic......

Not to mention, they must of lied to you as well by telling you the V3 widebody kit was worth $6K and you were getting a "smoking" deal at $3,500.......I went to their site and it adds up to $3,950.00

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...91&postcount=1
I cant tell you where I got those numbers from when I said $6000....it was a while ago. I am sure you or someone else will complain about that as well. You are right about the price, even from Veilside it is $3950...not sure where the $6000 came from??? Sorry!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

As for the other comment, I was saying that you along with many others have said this is a forum so anyone can post anything, but it seems to me that people keep asking me to go away.....I dont get it, I am not the one wavering here.....is it anyone can post or not? If so then people should stop saying for me to leave.....

I dont have anything against you....and I think you misunderstood or misread what I said....if you handle your business then you should not have to put up bad experiences. Everyone going to any shop including Forged or GTM or anywhere else should make sure things are done right not just rely on the experiences of others....doesnt that make sense. So in that case then there is no reason to have to tell people to make sure they got what they paid for. Whether it is intentional or not every shop makes mistakes....so the bad should be wieghed with what the final outcome is dont you think? I know you posted your final experience and you were satisfied, I am glad.
I agree with you. Everyone can post and I never said for you to leave. But your one sided posting is more of a defense of what is happening rather than being open minded to what is going on. As you said, if you handle your business then you should not have to put up bad experiences. This is true, but if you aren't handling business and numerous people have unresolved issues with the company to post, then what? what seems to be being brought up in the last several pages on this thread is the unresolved issues. Everyone wants to know about the resolution and what is being done about it. If people are still waiting on money or things are disappearing off their car and they are not getting anywhere by trying to deal with the company then that stuff should be posted. Im not saying this about MrA, but many companies won't return a call as long as things are still swept under the rug, but as soon as it is uncovered on a forum it helps speed up the process of resolving the issue. If that is the case, then those things should not be hidden from the forum. Simply posting that a company owes you money and won't pay you, put used parts on your car and told you they were new, took stuff off your car without telling you, etc. is not slinging mud. That is telling the facts and if the company won't work with you to resolve issues without some bad publicity then so be it. BUT even if it is resolved, these are not things that should be going on in the first place. Bringing it into the light is necessary not just to ensure that things are made right to the people it happened to, but to ensure that it doesn't happen to other people in the future and so people can check for that kind of stuff.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Navygolf13

........Except contact Top End and get that receipt to see what you paid for.

That's the least you could do for Crabbey since you think he's a "stand up guy"....
What differenc does that do? I am not going to waste anymore time on this cause I dont even know when the kit was switched out....sorry, this is not abusiness for me. I have spoken with Crabbey and tried to resolve the situation, he hasnt returned anything I have sent to him regarding this for a while now.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Tubbs

Hey Navy, you should really tell VRT that they should respond to this this thread. It should be the shop itself defending itself as hard as you. There are more than 10,000! people who have seen this, and I expect the number will double.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
buzzardmountain

What differenc does that do? I am not going to waste anymore time on this cause I dont even know when the kit was switched out....sorry, this is not abusiness for me. I have spoken with Crabbey and tried to resolve the situation, he hasnt returned anything I have sent to him regarding this for a while now.
That's what I thought you'd say........

I smell dead rotting fish.....
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
I agree with you. Everyone can post and I never said for you to leave. But your one sided posting is more of a defense of what is happening rather than being open minded to what is going on. As you said, if you handle your business then you should not have to put up bad experiences. This is true, but if you aren't handling business and numerous people have unresolved issues with the company to post, then what? what seems to be being brought up in the last several pages on this thread is the unresolved issues. Everyone wants to know about the resolution and what is being done about it. If people are still waiting on money or things are disappearing off their car and they are not getting anywhere by trying to deal with the company then that stuff should be posted. Im not saying this about MrA, but many companies won't return a call as long as things are still swept under the rug, but as soon as it is uncovered on a forum it helps speed up the process of resolving the issue. If that is the case, then those things should not be hidden from the forum. Simply posting that a company owes you money and won't pay you, put used parts on your car and told you they were new, took stuff off your car without telling you, etc. is not slinging mud. That is telling the facts and if the company won't work with you to resolve issues without some bad publicity then so be it. BUT even if it is resolved, these are not things that should be going on in the first place. Bringing it into the light is necessary not just to ensure that things are made right to the people it happened to, but to ensure that it doesn't happen to other people in the future and so people can check for that kind of stuff.
Okay, without defending anyone or being on any sides...here is my problem. Anyone can say they got a bad install or didnt get the part they ordered, without proof how can anyone say it is the truth? Customer says thats not what I ordered, shop says it is.....whose fault? Unless there is a contract or signed quote....honestly?

I am NOT saying you lied or would intentionally. I think people hear what they want to in general. My father was in law enforcement and he was takiing some sort of a class with about 50 other law enforcement agents/officers, and in the middle of the class someone ran in and waved a gun and yelled at them and ran out. They were then asked to recount what had happened....needless to say there were about 40 different stories. The point is that without some tangible evidence as to what happened, how can anyone say who was right or wrong?

That being said, I do not think the people here are lying, I think some of the blame is probably with VRT and some with the customer. That is why I feel things should be dealt with on a personal level. As for what you say about not getting anywhere....I already said as a last resort I understand. But I feel these threads were not last resorts. It seems to me people jump the gun and post experiences without exhausting their options as a consumer. Again this is my opinion and they way I would handle things.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
FileTitan

bump
Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by FileTitan
bump
lol, no need to bump THIS thread
Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Navygolf13

That's what I thought you'd say........

I smell dead rotting fish.....
My question to you is how long do I get held responsible for something I sold? It has been over seven months, it has been over a year and a half since I bought the kit. Because I am not willing to out more time into researching this I am at fault? I dont think so. I tried to work it out and if Crabbey wants to contact me then he can and we will see what we can come up with, but I am not going any further out of my way. If you think that is wrong then maybe you have more time on your hands than I do.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by dave079
How can you explain used parts then?
I know some people are sold used parts there and that is what they pay for. I do not know who or when this happens, but I know it does. Again, read above, maybe things were heard wrong....I dont know. So, maybe some of these people were under the impression they were to be new parts, and in actuality they were going to be used all along....whose fault that is...could be either side, I dont know.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
abyss

Slight OT question...who actually Owns VRT? In MrATurbo's profile it says he's the manager not owner.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Navygolf13

Wow its unbelievable how much you are stretching for any ounce of anything to protect these scumbags. There would not be this many people coming out if there wasnt a real problem here with this company. The guy paid for new coilovers and they gave him used ones.
Okay, that is the way you see it. I see it as waiting to find out the facts before I make up my mind. I would hope that if you are on a jury you dont make up your mind before the defense has a chance to put their case on....as for me stretching for something....not really, but you acn think it if you want.

What about me saying I think everyone should find out both sides doesnt make sense to you??? And also, how is that protecting anyone? Isnt it being fair?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Fingers

How can you explain used parts then?
+1 there is a difference between a shop making an honest mistake and a shop that is deceptive and intentionally wrongs its customers to make a quick buck.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
masterj26

Navygolf13 = VRT Payroll....

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs