Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?
View Poll Results: the right EMS
HKS
89.71%
Greddy Ultimate
10.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

the right EMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Weqster
i lolx10 at this. Do u think a tuner, yes i am calling out sharrif and sam here, edits every cell for optimum afr. NO. The fact is, on dyno runs with AFR plotted (espically on dynojets) it is WOT tune. 1 colomn worth of data.

Now a tuner will always interpolate, guess and refine maps, but if u think for a split second that every 30rpm's is noticeable compared to every 100rpm's. ur an idiot. Most stock cars will map to a 10x10 or 16x16 resolution.
LOL At this post...
Sharif will agree with the use of a load based dyno, such as the Dyno Dynamics, I can hold various load points such as 1500rpms at -11Hg or at 1500rpms at 2-4 psi and plot the AF and timing for that particular part..While you may never hit EVERY cell, such as 18psi at 500rpms but you can hit every cell you NEED for drivability and WOT.So Sam and Sharif as well as myself do not just plot WOT AF tunning..In fact a good portion of the way the car feels is at 20% load and low RPMs..Your above comment shows the majority of tuners ignorance when it comes to making FAST, DRIVABLE cars..
Old 07-04-2007, 07:34 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by taurran
I actually knew you'd post that. Who cares, it's the absolute truth. You've turned into his little lackey.

I could also care less if you liked me.
If a son is uneducated, his dad is to blame
Old 07-04-2007, 07:35 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by r0mey
If a son is uneducated, his dad is to blame
Uneducated? Lets hear some real knowledge from you and doug besides worthless bantering. You two are a waste of time.

*drops mic*
Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by doug
ah yes.. you're the technical genius that told me my headgasket was toast

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...97&postcount=2

yet all i needed to do was refil it with coolant and it drove perfectly for another 12,000 miles you sir have no room to call anyone an idiot
That was th eheadgasket that held together for 14,000 miles at 9psi and 400hp?Same headgasket right Doug?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
That was th eheadgasket that held together for 14,000 miles at 9psi and 400hp?Same headgasket right Doug?

yes sir.. that very same one
Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Uneducated? Lets hear some real knowledge from you and doug besides worthless bantering. You two are a waste of time.

*drops mic*
Picks the mic back up *tap tap* can you hear me now

Originally Posted by r0mey
If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.

Last edited by r0mey; 07-04-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You two are a waste of time.
yet thread after thread you choose to entertain our comments.

“he who fails to learn from history, is doomed to fail”
Old 07-04-2007, 07:39 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

damn
Old 07-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

*drops mic*
It is a public forum as you have said to me before when you harrassed me relentlessly every time I posted..Why dont you take your own advice and add them to your ignore list as I have done to several pests in the past..
Old 07-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Devil Z

I talked to Sam about EMS's a while ago and he convinced me that the F-Con was better I think I will listen to top tuners such as Sam.

But I'm sure he's just out to get my money, you know when I'm buying larger injectors and a fuel return system.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:27 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

any consider maybe hes talkking about the HKS IS system or whatever and not the fcon..

hahaha
Old 07-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Devil Z

Nope F-Con VPro, I'll take what he said for what it is; I'm gonna stay on stock block for a while and I know the VPro is better (safer . .)
Old 07-05-2007, 02:45 AM
andypandy

i'm on HKS iS.. switched out from the utec when i wanted 500~ rwhp. it did the job, but looks like the utec is getting more stable. i had mine switched when utec went awry for awhile. now, looks like i'll look into the utec again.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:19 AM
Devil Z

I was gonna go with the iS but man, that F-Con deal installed and tuned was really good I didn't wanna pass it up.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 AM
MIAPLAYA

Back on topic you might also want to consider a Haltech. Just as many features for tuning as the Fcon PLUS cam timing control but with the end user tuneability of the UTEC.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Ive had no problems with the Utec. 650cc's and made some stupid power with it. Its just fine. Save yourself some money and go with the utec. Having driven a VPro car (BamBam's) yes its nice and smooth, but the whole thing about being able to tell if it drives better than my car? I don't think so. The changes are so minute from a drivers standpoint. Most people just like regurgating what they hear everyone else saying.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:33 AM
taurran

It is a public forum as you have said to me before when you harrassed me relentlessly every time I posted..Why dont you take your own advice and add them to your ignore list as I have done to several pests in the past..
True on the ignore part.

I haven't harrassed you though, as I've never gone out of my way to irritate you. I think if you look at our history I've just replied to your posts. I admit I let myself get annoyed too easily by some people's remarks.

I swore I said I'd never use ignore but doug is just over and above anything I've seen on these forums as far as being a pest goes.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Back on topic you might also want to consider a Haltech. Just as many features for tuning as the Fcon PLUS cam timing control but with the end user tuneability of the UTEC.
If you give the end user the ability to adjust their cam timing,not that there is tons of power to be made by doing so IMHO, there will be tons of bent valves and blown motors out there..
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
taurran

If you give the end user the ability to adjust their cam timing,not that there is tons of power to be made by doing so IMHO, there will be tons of bent valves and blown motors out there..
Not every consumer is absolutely incompetent. That's what most Z tuning shops will say but I don't entirely agree. Look at the other aftermarket communities, most of them are less shop-and-wallet based and more do-it-yourself based. Someone that has a high powered setup that warrants a full standalone ems usuallly have the sense to not just start changing variables and turning dials without knowing what they are doing...

...then again, I see some owners here and it makes me want to totally agree with you...
Old 07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

LOL. I'll be interested to see how you respond to a dyno with a bone stock Z and its gains from adjusting cam timing alone. Not every end user is a dunce at tuning. The UTEC sells well for exactly this reason and the Fcon as nice as it is has people unwilling to purchase it because they can't self tune. Not everyone has to take their car to a shop to tweak their tune. It's nice that you have such little confidence in the abilities of your potential customers.

Quick Reply: the right EMS