Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM
DanielW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

called out....

Cube, so how did your situation end up if you don't mind me asking? I think the way they dealt with your situation and aarantes situation is critical for them
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Cube

Well, their South East sales manager Chris Martinez was not being understanding at all. He also was flat out not doing his job. When I finally decided on the basic kit w/ the original turbo, I was under the impression that it would be about 5 business days from that moment. He did not inform me of a shortage here or there or anywhere.

After a couple weeks I'm like wtf and called up for a tracking #, he told me about the shortage then. I called back a week later like wtf, still no tracking #? He said they still haven't gotten them in. A few days after that I'm like okay forget it. You don't have a kit available, you never once said it was on order until I was looking for status of it being shipped already, just cancel that order.

He said there would be a restocking fee at that time because supposedly the kit was all packaged up minus the turbo. So basically a buncha **** thrown in a box is my understanding. I told him that's ridiculous, he told me that's industry standard. I took it up w/ my credit card and informed him that I disputed the charge, go ahead and consider the order cancelled (10/3/07).

I get a FWD'd e-mail from Chris, that was forwarded from his accountant on 10/5/07. What was the e-mail? An invoice that said "Sale date 9/6/07" and "Ship date 10/5/07." I sent a pretty irate e-mail basically saying wtf I just told you I disputed the charge and now you ship it out days after?

Then Julian hooked me up with Bill's #, their overall sales administrator. After talking with him he's agreeing that there's a restock fee. Then he tries to resolve the situation by allowing a refund minus the restock fee and keep that restock fee as future credit with them since I missed my opportunity to get this thing installed (would require custom work, my brother works at AMS and welds) at AMS in Chicago, so I can get a kit at a later date when it would be better timing.

I told him I'd think about it and give him an answer in a few days or so, and at that time I was considering letting the credit card company do their thang and get me my money back. Then Bill tells me after a little more investigation it seems there was a breakdown in communication and he understands the situation fully and that Chris informed him about the fact that I can't do anything with it till early next year and that I wasn't lying (thanks for informing me that I'm not a liar) and that he's authorizing a full refund if that's what I want. I told him I'd call him tomorrow with a final answer.

I called and he said he already put the refund through, but they originally did the refund minus restock fee and that it was changed.

As the financial end of it stands:
Charged $2000
Charged $2000
Charged $845 (they can only charge up to $2000 at a time)
Refunded $400 (turbo upgrade, getting the refund is a whole 'nother story)
Refunded $2000 (they can only refund up to $2000 at a time )
Refunded $118.25 ($2118.25 as of yesterday)
Refunded $726.75 (today)

So they owe $1600, and once I get that, I will be completely out of STS's hair.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Cube

Btw, I don't understand where they're getting these numbers for the refunding... seems pretty random to me that they're at a $1600 balance. I may have to give them a call in a few days to say wtf again, are you using an abacus to determine how much I'm supposed to get???
Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 PM
aarantes

They can only take out $2000 at a time?? I got $4300 taken from my debit(all in one charge) and $500 from my credit card(deposit).

Also Bill is the guy Im talking to he is the most stand up guy there. He is 100 times better then anyone else I have talked to.

Last edited by aarantes; 10-11-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Cube

Originally Posted by aarantes
They can only take out $2000 at a time?? I got $4300 taken from my debit(all in one charge) and $500 from my credit card(deposit).
Hrmphhh... ok then I really don't understand why they chunk up all my refunds and charges in amounts less than or equal to $2000

All I know is I want my $1600
Old 10-12-2007, 06:13 AM
DanielW
Banned

it sounds like the 2 grand thing is a feature of your credit card cube. I also paid in full with a debit card with no problems but I did have to talk with my bank to authorize the charge.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Cube

Still down $1600 but that's being worked on. My experience from the point of contacting Bill on has been much different from when I was dealing with Chris.

lol, admittedly, I was getting frustrated and somewhat angry talking to Chris Martinez but I didn't feel the rage building up as I talked to Bill. So in summary, if you have problems, ask that particular sales rep to consult the sales manager Bill and see if that'll straighten your issue.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 AM
DanielW
Banned

maybe its just because his name is wild bill. Same effect as Bush had on people when he first got elected. yeee haaawwww
Old 10-16-2007, 06:42 AM
goosegoose

Any one made any new progress on this platform?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

I have? I am just finishing up my install. So far everything has been good and what I was missing or short on they have shipped out and handled professionally.

I have ordered and messed with parts for the my Z for the past 3 years or so. This has been the most hassle free exhange to date. I haven't commented yet because I wanted to share my experience after the dust had settled rather than make one of those really annoying "stay tuned" posts.

Last edited by Ahsmo; 10-17-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:35 AM
athenG

Did you have any problem with the instruction?

Originally Posted by Ahsmo
I have? I am just finishing up my install. So far everything has been good and what I was missing or short on they have shipped out and handled professionally.

I have ordered and messed with parts for the my Z for the past 3 years or so. This has been the most hassle free exhange to date. I haven't commented yet because I wanted to share my experience after the dust had settle rather than make one of those really annoying "stay tuned" posts.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by athenG
Did you have any problem with the obstructions?

/jk
Old 10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally Posted by athenG
Did you have any problem with the instruction?
The oil line nomenclature is not consistent but once I figured out the different names they used. No, not really.

The technical english used is not perfect. It could be better but it gets the job done.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:43 AM
DanielW
Banned

good to hear you had a good experience with sts.

I'd like to go ahead and share my first experience with STS customer service. A while back I posted about nailing a dear (no not like that haha). Well I think it knocked my car out of alignment and I've just been so busy I haven't been able to get it aligned. Anyway I think that caused some vibration which ended up cracking the weld slightly where the wastegate meets the exhaust piping. I went to CIN motorsports and they rewelded it for free on the spot for me and now STS is shipping me a new part for free with no fuss whatsoever because it fell under there warranty. I think thats A+ customer service from both CIN and STS if you ask me
Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
athenG

/\ So far Vernon has also been good to me, my warranty papers and Silicone should arrive today. I think there is really one common denominator for all those who had problem.... I think that is Chris. I wouldn't really say it is Excellent or A+ but they are not as bad as people think.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

I have been dealing with Chris and Freddy with all of my issues. I have not had a problem with either one of them.

Last edited by Ahsmo; 10-17-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:17 PM
DanielW
Banned

they must have chewed his A$$
Old 10-20-2007, 01:30 PM
DanielW
Banned

ok got some somewhat exciting news. So I bought some topspeed resonated TP's on here that were 2.5 inch that turned out to be junk and cracked pretty quickly but they were on long enough for me to reallize that they helped spool up time over the HFC's. So on the advice of CIN motorsports i got a 2.25 inch replacement for them (invidia). The thought is that this will keep the velocity up. I also switched back to the stock y pipe for now because the topspeed y pipe crapped out on me too. Anyway, before there was a half second or so between the time that you nailed the gas from a dig and when the needle got to 0 on the boost gauge (I think this is called boost threshold). This is something that i really wanted to get rid of and was actually about to by a TQ converter to do it. Anyway, the 2.25 inch test pipes paired back with the stock y pipe completely eliminated this and sped up the spool time over the 2.5 inch tp's significantly. Now when you stomp the gas it almost immediately goes to positive boost. Another side effect, if you wanna call it that, is that in first and second gear i am boosting higher now. Before i was only hitting like .44 - .45 bar in 2nd gear and now I consistently hit .5 bar before red line. I would recommend this to anyone who has this kit. It really makes a difference.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:37 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Nice write up Daniel.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:04 PM
DanielW
Banned

gracias

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread