Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motormouth
ex-****ing-actly. it is completely unreasonable for a shop like GTM to post something comptely unverifiable and claim it as fact and use it as a basis to attack a shop.

and for you to back a shop participating in that action is rediculous.

and if you get my point about that comment then it really isn't O/T.

Last time I checked to be considered a "shop" you have to have a place of business, business license, EPA Number, etc. please show me all of the above.

This is VRT all over again simple as that.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George@GTM
This is how I look at it, When VRT came around with their outrageous claims some believed them and some didn't. I never believed VRT's claims and I now don't believe RA's.

I don't need to prove they are making less power than what they stated, they need to prove that what they stated is TRUE.

-George
GT Motorsports
I haven't seen any crazy claims from RA yet.

600whp builds are de reguer these days in our community. people hardly post a 400whp build anymore

and no, so sorry but you are completely wrong. If you have the confidence to say something you are assuming as FACT then you better be able to back it up. you try to use that attitude anywhere other than a car forum and you would be spit out like a pit of an olive.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:38 PM
MMC Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
So what your saying is that RA's engine builder, working out of his U-haul storage shed, is THAT GOOD, that he magically makes OEM head and main studs turn in to mythical and pricey NISMO products that dont even exist with the wave of a magic TQ wrench?
Do the laws of physics not apply for RA in ther magical world?
So the new you lasted about 3 weeks I see..
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Last time I checked to be considered a "shop" you have to have a place of business, business license, EPA Number, etc. please show me all of the above.

This is VRT all over again simple as that.

-George
GT Motorsports

point taken. I have no idea about that. the car builders known as RA?
Nitrouz
Back to Z

I know there is a lot of info (both positive and negative) in this thread, and things that people want / don't want to share. But it's getting nitpicky on word-play and avoiding the issue at hand. I suggest everyone to calm down a bit before posting back in here. I'm closing this thread, but will reopen in the morning, and I hope it will be more civilized then.

And please, no additional threads to be made in the meantime about this thread, or it will be deleted. And I, for one, don't want that.

Thank you.

Alex
Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

re-opened. Please direct your comments/questions to the ISSUE. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:15 AM
dozzer1b

let the feast continue!!!haha
Old 10-19-2007, 04:25 AM
D350Z10

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Yes sir. I trust what Mark Brent, Clark Steppler, and Jim Wolf collectively come up with. They have more knowledge between themselves than any other people I know of in this department, and who am I to tell them different. The motors we (Mark) builds seem to hold up against anything I can seem to through at it, and most people know that I do NOT take it easy on any of our cars much less the Double Down Z.
I would like JIM WOLF HIMSELF TO SAY THIS

Secondly, You work on the cars you can tear them down at your own expense, CUSTOMERS CAN'T they have to pay for the labor which cost thousands.... why would you take such a big risk on such a SMALL ITEM its STUPID, Also where does this labor take place... YOUR GARAGE?????? ... this is obviously VRT PART 2....

How can customers trust your Shop??? Your not a legit shop, you can move at anytime, change your name, do what ever cause your not a ACTUAL SHOP and there is no actucal record of you extisting so now "lawsuits can be filed".
Old 10-19-2007, 04:28 AM
chris'smax

The question still remains of how much exactly the customer paid for the engine. I would think that in itself would help to determine if he was ripped off or not. Also what was the total price on the invoice?

Also let me just throw this out there, has anyone thought that maybe RA does in fact use upgraded headstuds and headgaskets in their personal cars and then claims to everyone that are in fact using OE hardware? Just a thought
Old 10-19-2007, 04:33 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

suspension setup is a pretty big part of a car's performance. as well as tire selection and all of that.

it was ETG's choice what to run on his car (I am sure) and I don't get why that is of any concern.
surely you can not even be remotely serious.. Sharif puts together a car that made a LEGIT, and when I mean LEGIT, I mean LEGIT AND VERIFIED, over 700whp without issue.One of a few in the USA, and you mean to tell me RA gets the big 2 foot by 2 foot logo on the side of his car for "tweaking" the suspension and assisting in tire selection?? Remembr, the tires and suspension dont do much on a staionary car with no motor.

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 10-19-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:37 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

surely you can not even be remotely serious..
Motormouth is just in denial I think...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:39 AM
Gman2004

I may have missed it, but were the ported heads that were not ported addressed?

Also if I would have known that OEM studs would prevent headlift at 500whp and higher, I would have gone that route instead of spending the extra $$ on 14mm studs on my current build. I have been using the original ARP studs with more clamping force than the OEM's, but I had headlift to with those. Kinda weird that OEM studs can accomplish what stronger aftermarket studs couldn't.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:50 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by STL Lightning
So the new you lasted about 3 weeks I see..
Tottaly irrelivant to the topic at hand.Would you prefer we handle a company that is attempting to scam the end user/consumer out of their hard earned money, with kid gloves? There is no place for the "kinder mor gentle Julian" in this situation, so please direct your anti MRC aggression more towards the topic at hand.
The issue as i see it is:
1-Poor paperwork, both by fault of RA and Noah,which in itself is no excuse.
2-Faulty representation of parts used in the motor
3-Sloppy record keeping, which ultimately reflects upon the attention to detail which can make or break an engine build.
4-The invnetion and representation of ficticious parts that do not even exist.
5-the mis representation of power levels and performance of the said motor. More than one person have proven that stock headbolts,Main bolts will not hold up to the abuse of a 600hp boosted racecar. The OEM headgasket "might" hold up for a little while.
6-people assembling and selling $7000 motors out of a storage pod and their mom's house, and representing it to handle XXX amount of power and abuse.
7- misrepresentation of ones skills and builds. Many people here know ETG/Louies car which was built to 700hp levbels by Sharif, however some newbie at the time attack might be misinformed or lead to believe,that RA built the entire car, based upon the 2 foot x 2 foot RA logo on the side of the car.I know I would.
This might help ones business skyrocket off the legitimate work of another by insinuating or leading others to believe, that car was built by them..At least thats the way I see it. Ultimately it is ETG/Louie's car and his decision to do with it what he will, however it saddens and annoys me to see what went down, despite myself and Sharif's differences in the past..
Old 10-19-2007, 04:52 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I may have missed it, but were the ported heads that were not ported addressed?

Also if I would have known that OEM studs would prevent headlift at 500whp and higher, I would have gone that route instead of spending the extra $$ on 14mm studs on my current build. I have been using the original ARP studs with more clamping force than the OEM's, but I had headlift to with those. Kinda weird that OEM studs can accomplish what stronger aftermarket studs couldn't.
its VOODOO dude...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:53 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you do this "Tune off" in Vegas, can i please tune it!!!!! this will be an unbiased tune...

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
So I guess it's time for me to post. I must say I am a bit dissappointed with this whole situation and all the drama that has come about it. As if Sema isn't bringing enough stress with deadlines and so on.

1st off. Thumbs up to Noah for coming on and letting everyone know his involvement. Great guy to deal with. He's helped us with all our needs with this G35 project

2nd- I have nothing but good things to say about how Sherif and his crew worked on the car. The car looked like it came from the factory with all our goodies. Its one of the cleanest installs I've seen. I am a bit dissappointed because we were told that due to the fact that this had been a clerical issue, this would not be addressed to the public. If we would have recieved an invoice directly from Ra with the list, this would have been resolved differently as there would not be any excuses for missing parts or work.

Now. A few months back we decided that the Nissan community was of high intrest to become involved with our sales goals and we decided what better than to use a z or g project vehicle that would later be used in time attack or track events. We approached Noah with what we were trying to attain and asked if he knew of any vehicles that were being time attacked or raced consistantly. After a few suggestions, RA was looked into. We were intrested in a similar setup used by their vehicle, with no specific request in parts. Strictly said was, build us a motor that would be suitable for our needs. It was up to them to provide this. The cost was agreed,whether it had a hks or not, bolts or studs. Our concern was the final result of the vehicle and it's ability. Not all builders will build a motor with the same parts. So one can always claim a good or bad build. Not being involved much with nissan motors in the past, my knowledge for the vq is very limited and my trust goes to the builder to know and provide what he recommends. So ultimately I could care less how it's built as long as it can handle the abuse given and I won't have to be in the shop consistantly fixing issues due to a poor job.

Now I appauled and appreciate the phone call from Sherif when he called me concerned about the list Noah had provided. That definately shows attention to detail. I then called Noah and recieved all the answers I needed and I personally called Scott on it to find out. After our conversation with Scott, I was fully confident with the work provided and was 100% confident on he provided what we wanted.

After that conversation I called Sherif and spoke with him in regards to the motor. I informed him that I was confident about the motor and accepted the invoice error that Noah did admit to at that time. I told Sherif to proceed with the installation and tuning as agreed. Sherif became leery about the motor and Scotts past history with VRT and said he was not comfortable tuning the vehicle, but after a few hrs he contacted us back and agreed to follow with what we originally agreed to do. Now after this call we all sat down and had a meeting. Now you can all imagine from the original call saying we got scammed per the invoice how much stress can come about this. In the meeting alot was discussed about the project and involved parties and the final outcome was to show up by suprise to Forged and see what was going on with the vehicle and have a sit down to discuss the ultimate goal which was getting this car completed for Sema. If we could not resolve this and keep the drama out, I was ready to take the vehicle and all the parts with me and all else have someone else complete the work or just do a intercooler on the front end to get it to Sema. After all, you roll the car in and it didn't need to be running. Our final conclusion was to tune the vehicle to stock wastegate springs and this would keep any doubts by anyone that the tuner sabatoged the motor. I personally thought this was a good idea as this also was Sherifs way to protect himself also.

Ok, so here we are now. We don't have the car power wise were we want it to be because we are trying to keep the tuner/installer out of any doubts.

Scot has answered all my calls, in no way do I feel I have been ripped off. But I don't know what this motor is able to do. Being that Sema is less than 2 weeks away (well really we leave to Sema next thursday because the commute and setup time) doesn't leave much time to figure out what to do about the tuning.

So basically to make it short, this has become something that could hurt Scotts reputation and livelihood. Due to his building a motor different or with different parts. Like I said before, if it handles the abuse and boost I don't care whats in it. What I do know is, that sometimes extra parts = extra money in a shops income. Wether those parts are needed or not. If it's one thing I've really learned about the g/z's is these aint no cheap car to build by far.

So I think personally as respect to both of our sponsors, and this is up to both parties to eliminate the he said she said on the boards.

All involved parties will be at Sema last I spoke with everyone. We can arrange to find a local shop in Vegas. Sema ends friday and Saturday morning we can take the vehicle to the shop to be put on the dyno and video the tune for all to see. The goal is to be high 5xx or break into the 6xx's. It's up to what the greddy kit and setup will dish out.

I invite both parties to show for the results. If both parties are willing to meet. I'll have the video posted online for the board members to view and we would update everyone on the findings. I will not take sides on this, both parties are our sponsors. But I also feel dissappointed that this vehicle has brought stress, drama on the community.

If anyone has suggestions on where there are some shops in that area, please inform us.

Once again, I have no hard feelings for anyone that we have dealt with. I hate being looked on like a ref, everyone hates those guys
Old 10-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Gman2004

I haven't seen any crazy claims from RA yet.

This was back in July. Done with a JWT clutch and no fuel return to boot! To this day still no dyno sheet even after Philty offered to pay for the DJ fees.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...1&postcount=25

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I hear you. Just made 749.?? WHP a couple hours ago, in 95 degree wheather on JWT's dynapac @ only 20 psi (without even trying) we are just trying to tune it a little better for this weekends Time Attack (it is going to be 109 deg. there). Thats why SinCity is asking....

Wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I got a wild hair . This is a VQ35 (non-stroked) with S2 cams (still), with the GT30's and the JWT clutch and flywheel (still returnless, for now). Jusy waiting for the new cams to be made and the tripple carbon clutch to come in before we turn the boost up..... then "for all the sceptics" we will run it (untouched) on a couple different shops dynos for a reference for you all.
Gotta go........... Off to Willow Springs............... Those of you that are going, we will see you there.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
if you do this "Tune off" in Vegas, can i please tune it!!!!! this will be an unbiased tune...
Thats a good idea..Then it will Definitely blow up... Just kidding Jeremy..
I think its better to find a completely independant tuner.One might be lead to believe that you have an "association" with RA based on looking at ETG/Louies car at the time attack event, based on the both of you sponsoring it. I think you best be left out of this process.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:01 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Philthy
Motormouth is just in denial I think...
Motormouth is arguing seemingly for arguments sake .

I don't think the issues with the invoice can be entirely resolved. I mean some of the parts don't even exist. That's more than a cut and paste error and Noah already said he wasn't involved in other parts of the invoice.

I still personally think that Scott just didn't check the invoice matched the parts used and while that reflects poorly on the management side of things, doesn't 100% prove unethical behavior. He's already admitted to his oversight and apologized for this mistake. The fictictious parts are harder to explain. But Scott clearly trusts others in their roles and maybe that's where he needs to look inside his own organization to prevent mishaps like this.

Anyway, I think the lesson to learn for prospective customers out there is to look out for your own build, do your own research, and double check with your builder ahead of time about exactly what parts are going into the build - and do it all in writing so there can be no debate later.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey, the whole deal with luie is he asked if i would help out with a time attack and send him some stickers. thats it.

turn that into what you will. exposure is exposure. i figured my stickers would be on there along with everyone else that built or helped on the car. i have been friends with luie along with many many other people on the boards for a long time now.

i am no way associated with RA or FP. you can say what you will and take your "solo" shots at me but you have absolutely no grounds except for your pure hatred towards a legit shop that is putting out many top quality cars here in florida. this would be a completely unbiased tune. i speak to sharif and scott about the same amount, hardly any. i am too busy to converse with people all the time.

back on topic!!

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 10-19-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 AM
MMC Racing

Tottaly irrelivant to the topic at hand.Would you prefer we handle a company that is attempting to scam the end user/consumer out of their hard earned money, with kid gloves? There is no place for the "kinder mor gentle Julian" in this situation, so please direct your anti MRC aggression more towards the topic at hand.
The issue as i see it is:
1-Poor paperwork, both by fault of RA and Noah,which in itself is no excuse.
2-Faulty representation of parts used in the motor
3-Sloppy record keeping, which ultimately reflects upon the attention to detail which can make or break an engine build.
4-The invnetion and representation of ficticious parts that do not even exist.
5-the mis representation of power levels and performance of the said motor. More than one person have proven that stock headbolts,Main bolts will not hold up to the abuse of a 600hp boosted racecar. The OEM headgasket "might" hold up for a little while.
6-people assembling and selling $7000 motors out of a storage pod and their mom's house, and representing it to handle XXX amount of power and abuse.
7- misrepresentation of ones skills and builds. Many people here know ETG/Louies car which was built to 700hp levbels by Sharif, however some newbie at the time attack might be misinformed or lead to believe,that RA built the entire car, based upon the 2 foot x 2 foot RA logo on the side of the car.I know I would.
This might help ones business skyrocket off the legitimate work of another by insinuating or leading others to believe, that car was built by them..At least thats the way I see it. Ultimately it is ETG/Louie's car and his decision to do with it what he will, however it saddens and annoys me to see what went down, despite myself and Sharif's differences in the past..
You have no first hand knowledge, so you continue (along with some other vendors) to beat a dead horse to either:

1. Hurt potential competition
2. Make yourself look better

Nothing you have posted has helped the customer, nor can it.

And just be clear, since I'm sure some may think it, I have no relationship with RA. The only 2 vendors that I'm a customer of are GRD and Forged. The vendor on vendor feeding frenzy is very poor taste in my opinion.

-Mark

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge