Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Oh thats right..Louies car.Sharif did the entire build and tune, and then RA and another shop come and do some free work on it, and next thing you know, there is a big a$$ RA sticker on the car as if they built it.. To me that was very tacky on both the owner of the car, and the shops that offered the sponsorship, knowing that the quality of the build would reflect ultimately to the shops stickered up on the car, when in fact they did VERY little to make the car what it was.
suspension setup is a pretty big part of a car's performance. as well as tire selection and all of that.

it was ETG's choice what to run on his car (I am sure) and I don't get why that is of any concern.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Zilvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
but is that the point of this thread?

first it was stated that the customer was not given the parts promised, AFTER sharif already knew from the customer, RA & noah that he got the parts he was supposed to and that his misgivings could be explained by a clerical error.

and he still.made.the.thread. < am I the only one who sees a problem with this?
i think your seeing as aproblem only b/c we are seeing it for what it was. Sharif was letting us know that the customer originally was not given what was promised(spec wise), not so much that it had already be talked over, but the fact that it happend at all.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:31 PM
D350Z10

Originally Posted by Vegas Speedstar
The fact that Scott stands behind the engine and is willing to warranty and RACE that car speaks volumes. You other so called tuners, get your best car and meet Scott on the track. That's where real racers settle disputes, not on a PC. Let the best build win.

This is not about "winning a race"

ITS ABOUT PROPPER BUSINESS ETHICS.... is Rentless even Licensed as a shop... again no one answers this question.

Last edited by D350Z10; 10-18-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
as long as i handles the power(which is whats in question)...
Which it will not do.
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no, show me proof, since you want to state something as FACT, where any RA car is making 1-200whp less than they have stated.

I am not a technical expert to tell you whether or not the engine is up to snuff. I know you are notorious for overbuilding cars. not that it is a terrible thing to do, if for the right reasons.

This is how I look at it, When VRT came around with their outrageous claims some believed them and some didn't. I never believed VRT's claims and I now don't believe RA's.

I don't need to prove they are making less power than what they stated, they need to prove that what they stated is TRUE.

-George
GT Motorsports
MMC Racing

Pretty childish with all the other vendors jumping in to take their shots.. This should be between RA, Forged, and the owner..

-Mark
Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Nforce1

Wow, just wow..I just got home and i heard rumors of this thread brewing but had no idea the whole picture.
My oinion for what its worth, is that if the owner of the engine is content with paying for something that will not come close to what it is advertised to do, then he was taken advantage of.
Poor or improper documentation of something as simple as a spec sheet and what parts were used or billed in a particular motor, would be enough to make me, as a consumer to run the other way. How is this motor supposed to handle 600hp and being abused on race track , when the engine builder dont even know what parts were put in the motor. Thats not casual that negligentat the least if not deceptive ,fraudulent practice.
If you cant even sit down, write up a build spec, and parts quote with real and worthy parts that have been proven time and time again, then how the hell do you have the nerve to even attempt to assemble something so precise and critical an a high performance engine?
I find this to be a slap in the face to all of the worthy 350Z tuners and shops in the country.How a person comes out of an operation like VRT and goes on to even work in this industry is beyond me.And the fact that people trust them cause he is NICE, is even more disturbing.
I think i will change from being Legit and an a$$hole, to being Nice and scamming people of their money..Seems to be the in thing to do...

LOL, I was waiting for you.... and no surprise here
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

but is that the point of this thread?

first it was stated that the customer was not given the parts promised, AFTER sharif already knew from the customer, RA & noah that he got the parts he was supposed to and that his misgivings could be explained by a clerical error.

and he still.made.the.thread. < am I the only one who sees a problem with this?
The point of this thread is to present the evidence involved and put everything on the table to allow discussion and explanation.

So in answer to your question, yes.
Canadian
Banned

Originally Posted by D350Z10

ITS ABOUT PROPPER BUSINESS ETHICS.... is Rentless even Licensed as a shop... again no one answers this question.
I don't see how this is about business ethics. If one shop does something different, and it works, and their engine builder is THAT good, and other shops don't do specific things - why does it matter? If it works, it works. And, it does work.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by D350Z10

Probably the best single post of this thread..
Zilvia

Originally Posted by Canadian
I don't need a dyno sheet to know, and its pathetic that you all need proof of a claim that isn't even ground breaking. I've seen the Z in person numerous times. It has won numerous time attack events. Do you think the car with 400whp would win??? Afterall, you guys are claiming all of RA's cars are ~200whp less than anything they say.

thats like saying its fine to walk around saying u got xxx amount of power.....and then u get beat and make up some excuse of why u got beat......lol or maybe it just blow up from using to many oem parts lol
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
That's an unreasonable request since it's not possible. And attacking GTM for overbuilding is going O/T. jeez.
ex-****ing-actly. it is completely unreasonable for a shop like GTM to post something comptely unverifiable and claim it as fact and use it as a basis to attack a shop.

and for you to back a shop participating in that action is rediculous.

and if you get my point about that comment then it really isn't O/T.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Nforce1
LOL, I was waiting for you.... and no surprise here
And if you notice, that is all you have to say for yourself..
Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by George@GTM
So if this was you, and you were going to build a 600rwhp time attack car, would you do what is virtually a OEM build? For a car that is going to be abused on a roadcourse?
Yes sir. I trust what Mark Brent, Clark Steppler, and Jim Wolf collectively come up with. They have more knowledge between themselves than any other people I know of in this department, and who am I to tell them different. The motors we (Mark) builds seem to hold up against anything I can seem to through at it, and most people know that I do NOT take it easy on any of our cars much less the Double Down Z.
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
The point of this thread is to present the evidence involved and put everything on the table to allow discussion and explanation.

So in answer to your question, yes.
that is a freaking joke and you know it.

this obviously, especially at this stage, is nothing that needs discussion or explantion, nor was this intended as such. it's a hack job and I cannot believe you are trying to deny it.

what is there to discuss? private details of a customer's build that hasn't even FAILED yet? if it is going to of course...

explanation of a clerical error he already had the answer to.

please oh please answer that riddle.
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Which it will not do.

i have my strong doubts it will make it too

i have no doubt that the customer was not ripped off since he stated it himself...but id like to see if i can be proven wrong on the engine...cause that is questionable....

maybe budget given by the customer was not enough and he is aware of it... i dunno..(i know i am speculating)
Old 10-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Zilvia

I don't see how this is about business ethics. If one shop does something different, and it works, and their engine builder is THAT good, and other shops don't do specific things - why does it matter? If it works, it works. And, it does work.

sorry but i dont see skill of building being enough to hold together a n/a block running a 600whp of Forced induction on stock parts.... maybe if he had magic skills at tuning but it still u likely to survive the beating of a track event
Old 10-18-2007, 08:36 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Somebody's bluffing. He knows damn well that motor isn't going to hold up, and that he isn't running OEM stuff in his motor...
^^^^^ +100

To many guys on this site have blown head gaskets using OEM parts . What he is trying to tell us is . His builder [ Mark ] knows some tricks that no other builder on this site knows . And can make OEM head gaskets and head bolts hold to 600whp.....yea right !
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Canadian
Banned

Originally Posted by Zilvia
sorry but i dont see skill of building being enough to hold together a n/a block running a 600whp of Forced induction on stock parts.... maybe if he had magic skills at tuning but it still u likely to survive the beating of a track event
I dare you to go take a ride in their time attack Z and then say that again.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

So what your saying is that RA's engine builder, working out of his U-haul storage shed, is THAT GOOD, that he magically makes OEM head and main studs turn in to mythical and pricey NISMO products that dont even exist with the wave of a magic TQ wrench?
Do the laws of physics not apply for RA in ther magical world?

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge