Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

A bad situation turns good, Apology to Dave @ FT and a friendship saved

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 04:24 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
I don't consider myself needy nor do I consider myself understanding... somewhere in between. I never ask nor have I asked for what is not due to me. If something is installed wrong, it is expected to be fixed ASAP. If something is not what was agreed upon and it is not the customer's fault, it is the seller's/shop's responsibility to fix it ASAP. Is this a fair statement?

Now that I have a finished product, things are different and I am pretty happy. I will always freak out about bad/dangerous issues, it think that is called the survival instinct.
i guess i must be overly understanding.. because i like to give people the benefit of the doubt.. and i am extremely patient.. i like to give people enough rope to hang themselves.. sometimes i think its one thing.. nad i find out its not.. sometimes a little patience and communication helps
Old 08-22-2008, 04:28 PM
doug

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
That's BS..... Some of the work these shops do is down right negligent and theres no excuse for negligent work.
i don't think every shop is perfect.. everyone makes mistakes.. huge mistakes.. but its how you deal with it as a customer too that makes your experience much better.

some of you guys here have no tact or business sense, you feel because you give someone money to do a job, it has to be done one way and you can talk to the person as such.

if something gets fcked up.. you should call the shop owner or sit down with him/her and iron out the problems calmly and ask how things can be recitfied.. keeping quiet about a problem then coming back on the forums to slam the person later on doesn't make the situation better for either party..

i have seen you do it.. i've seen G Flex do it.. and i have seen UWM350Z do it..

do you think things went perfectly for everyone on this forum except you select few? you think little fck up's havn't happened on other people's cars? of course not.. that just silly.. EVERY SHOP has their fck up's.. but its how you handle it that will determine your shop experience.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have to be angry to state facts. Just making a happy statement. Some shops do good work when they want to and post their succes all over the boards and other times really don't seem to give a ****.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:43 PM
UMW350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
i guess i must be overly understanding.. because i like to give people the benefit of the doubt.. and i am extremely patient.. i like to give people enough rope to hang themselves.. sometimes i think its one thing.. nad i find out its not.. sometimes a little patience and communication helps
By this, it seems like you have only hit minor setbacks. Ever hit major setbacks/problems?
Old 08-22-2008, 04:45 PM
doug

misery needs company
Old 08-22-2008, 04:50 PM
doug

By this, it seems like you have only hit minor setbacks. Ever hit major setbacks/problems?
if i did.. no one on this board would ever know.. thats just the class i have
Old 08-22-2008, 04:57 PM
JETPILOT

That's called nuthugging! And for the record you have no class. From what I've seen on the boards anyway.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:59 PM
UMW350Z

did you do the work or did a shop do the work? If you can't relate with any of our situations, then you should sit this one out champ. Seems like you have no personal experience with what we mentioned in our various threads
Old 08-22-2008, 05:05 PM
UMW350Z

I have no beef with MRC, I am happy with the way the car is tuned, but your 'mightier than thou' attitude make you look like a merkin
Old 08-22-2008, 05:38 PM
doug

That's called nuthugging! And for the record you have no class. From what I've seen on the boards anyway.
yes because we define our internet personality by how we are in real life.

anyway.. i fail to see how being a discreet person is nut hugging
Old 08-22-2008, 05:40 PM
doug

I have no beef with MRC, I am happy with the way the car is tuned, but your 'mightier than thou' attitude make you look like a merkin
its ok.. sometimes my eloquence can be misconstrued for 'mighter than though attitude'
Old 08-22-2008, 06:09 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by XKR
I pm'ed Sharif about building one for me....I need to get a build list from Doug. I dont want to make any mistakes.If he wont build it ...I will get you guys at GTM to build it for me. 10 sec daily driver....that will be crazy. And Doug said that his RSX handles better than id Z ...d@mn

Here is what you need to do:

Get your hands on a 2009 ZR1. Then change the tires from the pilot run-flats to Pilot Sport Cups or Toyo R888s (if they make any that fit). Next, change the pullys driving the S/C to crank up the boost and add meth injection. If that doesn't give you enough boost, then feed the S/C with twin turbos (now I'm really stretching, can it be done?). If that doesn't work, add a better blower or go with a twin turbo setup with really big turbos, but don't forget about the meth injection. Finally, get a good EMS and get it all tuned.

Assuming you know how to drive (and I know you do), that RSX will give you no problem. The ZR1 is doing 11.3 stock. Modified, you'll easilly see under 10 seconds, and have a great daily driver.

LOL. I tried to get my hands on a ZR1. I have no problem paying list price, but the dealer markups I was hearing wanted to make me puke. Don't forget, there will always be something faster. Even if you set a world record, somebody is going to come up behind you and break it.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:11 PM
doug

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Assuming you know how to drive (and I know you do), that RSX will give you no problem.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Here is what you need to do:

Get your hands on a 2009 ZR1. Then change the tires from the pilot run-flats to Pilot Sport Cups or Toyo R888s (if they make any that fit). Next, change the pullys driving the S/C to crank up the boost and add meth injection. If that doesn't give you enough boost, then feed the S/C with twin turbos (now I'm really stretching, can it be done?). If that doesn't work, add a better blower or go with a twin turbo setup with really big turbos, but don't forget about the meth injection. Finally, get a good EMS and get it all tuned.

Assuming you know how to drive (and I know you do), that RSX will give you no problem. The ZR1 is doing 11.3 stock. Modified, you'll easilly see under 10 seconds, and have a great daily driver.

LOL. I tried to get my hands on a ZR1. I have no problem paying list price, but the dealer markups I was hearing wanted to make me puke. Don't forget, there will always be something faster. Even if you set a world record, somebody is going to come up behind you and break it.
But from what I hear...Doug's RSX is beating up on all cars and its way cheaper
Old 08-22-2008, 08:24 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by XKR
But from what I hear...Doug's RSX is beating up on all cars and its way cheaper
Well, evidently Doug has been running against inferior cars or guys that don't know how to drive. Have Doug race this Vette:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVjmRr9e0pY

LOL
Old 08-22-2008, 08:32 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

This ones even faster:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...LS2_143128.htm
Old 08-22-2008, 08:34 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

This ones even faster:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...-in_113967.htm

Shall I keep going????
Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Or how about this one (which they claim is street legal):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNjPB4wnDg

FYI, this is all in jest. I'm sure Doug has a great RSX.

For me, though, I like RWD.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
And as Dr Philthy once said..

"EVERY SHOP makes mistakes but it's how that shop handles those errors that define them"
Im so sick of the shop nuthuggers on these forums. I completely agree with this statement, some shops need reminders of this.

I don't have to be angry to state facts. Just making a happy statement. Some shops do good work when they want to and post their succes all over the boards and other times really don't seem to give a ****.
Here is a man who has gone through BS
Old 08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

FYI, if you didn't already notice, I like Vette's. When I bought my G35, I did so because I needed the rear seat (my youngest was an infant at the time). I was bound and determined to get a ZR1, but I got very upset when I could not get one anywhere near the list price. That is when I decided to build by G instead. Now, nothing would make me feel better than blowing a ZR1 off of the line, but I don't know if I can get my G35 to pull 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. I will try, though.

Also, please don't mention the GT-R, I think it's ugly. imo, they should have stayed with a G-35 type body. If they had, I would now be a GT-R owner.