Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 AM
quangquoclu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regarding mark not screwing people with GTRs, that is the biggest ******** of all time. I dropped off my infiniti fx35 there july of 08. I SUPPLIED all parts (built short block, cams, return fuel sys, transgo, tc, all gauges, vortech, walbro) THEN paid mark to install (ported heads, aquamist, tune, Pro-EFI, and all labor associated). I PAID IN CASH about 16k. MY car was there for 9 freaking months. He never ordered the ProEFI and stuck me with a utec because someone "stole" it (long story). Then we decided to go with a haltech which he also never ordered so now im basically buying TWO haltechs (one from SGP and now one from Jtran/studio). Stock parts like glove box and other panels are still at SGP. I don't even want to step foot in there due to my poor anger management issues. By the way, I also have a black GTR! Trust me, people of all cars get ****ed by him.

PS disregard my spelling/grammar. Im still pissed off.

To: Zmego1985
All mark did with your car was just re-flash it with something like a Cobb Access port. Redid your down pipe, exhaust, and midpipe to a 4.5 inch ones. NOTHING ELSE WAS DONE!! If he said he "Built your transmission," try turning off launch control from a stop and hit the gas. If your 700hp something Godzilla doesn't snap first gear like the ones that are snapping theirs while they are still stock then good for you. I did not join the bandwagon earlier because i gave mark the benefit of the doubt but wished i would have listed earlier FWIW.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Boostedtrack350

Originally Posted by MethodRN
I reserve judgment on your results.

However, it still does not change my opinion on Mark and the way that he has run SGP in the last year. I will be the first to admit that I was a supporter of Mark and SGP. However, I can not ignore the facts and considering I went through an ordeal myself, one satisfied customer does not make up for all the other things that has happened.

Again, I challenge you to out right call all of us "Mark/SGP detractors", liars, regarding our claims against Mark.
+1,000,000 Even If I was the satisfied customer, I still wouldnt defend him after all that he has done to members of this community.

Zmego1985, did you pay Mark up front? or after work was complete?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by quangquoclu
regarding mark not screwing people with GTRs, that is the biggest ******** of all time. I dropped off my infiniti fx35 there july of 08. I SUPPLIED all parts (built short block, cams, return fuel sys, transgo, tc, all gauges, vortech, walbro) THEN paid mark to install (ported heads, aquamist, tune, Pro-EFI, and all labor associated). I PAID IN CASH about 16k. MY car was there for 9 freaking months. He never ordered the ProEFI and stuck me with a utec because someone "stole" it (long story). Then we decided to go with a haltech which he also never ordered so now im basically buying TWO haltechs (one from SGP and now one from Jtran/studio). Stock parts like glove box and other panels are still at SGP. I don't even want to step foot in there due to my poor anger management issues. By the way, I also have a black GTR! Trust me, people of all cars get ****ed by him.

All mark did with your car was just re-flash it with something like a Cobb Access port. Redid your down pipe, exhaust, and midpipe to a 4.5 inch ones. NOTHING ELSE WAS DONE!! If he said he "Built your transmission," try turning off launch control from a stop and hit the gas. If your 700hp something Godzilla doesn't snap first gear like the ones that are snapping theirs while they are still stock then good for you. I did not join the bandwagon earlier because i gave mark the benefit of the doubt but wished i would have listed earlier FWIW.
I can attest to everything this man has said, because my car was their during his stint at SGP and saw his car waste away just like mine did. As for missing panels, I've had that happen to me too. My battery cover and all the panels around it were missing for the longest time, when I finally picked up my car, they simply took one off another Z and replaced mine. I think I already mentioned it, but I'll say it again. Now, my Defi water temp gauge is also screwed up, when it was working perfectly fine when I first dropped it off.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:09 PM
coachk
Banned

The total rapage by Mark should be close to 6 figures after this last guys post of how he got screwed.

Somebody needs to confront Mark in person and say "HELLO"
Old 05-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

quang, haltech will be shipped off on tomorrow to us. will be seeing it next week. car runs good. trans shifts good. checked the heads, didnt see a "port job" on the runners. changed oil and filter also. water injection is done as stated. just waiting on the pillars coming back from my fabricator. also ordered the six quart tank for the injection setup! lmk if we can do anything or order anything for your gtr or maybe a custom exhaust with 4 burns mufflers hanging out the back
Old 05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
quangquoclu

edit: he also did your intercooler pipes too.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Boostedtrack350

Originally Posted by Zmego1985
Gentlemen I am finally home from a horrible rainy trip from Texas. I will be scanning the dynoes in the next few hours. As for when it was shipped in it was in the middle of october. So I was wrong it was 7 months guys, but I am happy it was that long for reliability. All dynoes are different whether they are a load based dyno or free rolling. Pictures will also be up soon.
Still waiting on those Dyno sheets!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:55 PM
MOOSECO

Hey Quang. I got all your interior stuff in my van.I will drop them off with Jonny tomorrow
Old 05-28-2009, 05:09 PM
quangquoclu

Originally Posted by MOOSECO
Hey Quang. I got all your interior stuff in my van.I will drop them off with Jonny tomorrow
Eric you are the man. I never had beef with you and i really appreciate that.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:12 PM
MOOSECO

I know man
Old 05-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Boostedtrack350

guess he didnt have those Dyno sheets!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:56 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Your van?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZBD0fbNNB8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZBD0fbNNB8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Darren(not shocked about the lack of dyno)
Old 05-29-2009, 08:01 PM
zman1982

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank god for this thread, I am stuck in Iraq and had no idea SGP went down the drain. I was on their webpage and thought they were fine, I was gonna order their wastegate dumps but the site seemed F'd up, like a dead link. Apparently its not after reading this. Thanks to all that post the way some crooked shops operate, I feel for those who got robbed in this situation, I wish all of you the best of luck.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
quangquoclu

no worries. Thanx for serving our country!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:27 PM
MOOSECO

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Your van?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZBD0fbNNB8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>< param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZBD0fbNNB8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Darren(not shocked about the lack of dyno)
LOL Yes The Wanna Be Drift Estima. Looks like I got the time to fix it now LOL
Old 05-29-2009, 08:53 PM
MOOSECO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5x9b3Nc5g4
Old 05-30-2009, 06:32 AM
Boostedtrack350

Mark has another website called Gust Engineering

I looked it up and found this:

http://whois.domaintools.com/gustengineering.com

The really funny thing is click on the Reverse IP where it says 2 other sites are hosted on the server.

BLAM

There are 3 domains hosted on this IP address.

www.boosteddomestics.com
www.boostedimports.com
www.gustengineering.com

Boosted imports look familiar? That is Robert K's website. It is even under his name on My350z. So Robert K is hosting Marks new website and probably even doing the web design. LOL

So yeah Robert K is swinging from Mark's nuts more then we thought.

Last edited by Boostedtrack350; 05-30-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:45 AM
MOOSECO

boosted imports and boosteddomestics are not related to sgp as far as I know. Robert K is a member on the site. bimp is a pretty good site for all types of rides.

Last edited by MOOSECO; 05-30-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
Mark has another website called Gust Engineering

I looked it up and found this:

http://whois.domaintools.com/gustengineering.com

The really funny thing is click on the Reverse IP where it says 2 other sites are hosted on the server.

BLAM

There are 3 domains hosted on this IP address.

www.boosteddomestics.com
www.my350z.com
www.gustengineering.com

Boosted imports look familiar? That is Robert K's website. It is even under his name on My350z. So Robert K is hosting Marks new website and probably even doing the web design. LOL

So yeah Robert K is swinging from Mark's nuts more then we thought.
boosted imports and boosteddomestics are not related to sgp as far as I know. Robert K is a member on the site. bimp is a pretty good site for all types of rides.
+1. Better get your facts straight. I am not the owner of those sites but just a member. As I am a member here and various other car fourm related sites. So I guess I own all those as well?
Old 05-30-2009, 08:18 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by captj3
I wonder how true those numbers are from mark. Do you think he spentthe 5k buy in for the cobb access port for the gtr? If I were you I would redyno the car some place else to see if those are real numbers. My tuner Japtrix has built the second fastest (soon to be first) gtr out there 10.7@132 mph trap. With the numbers you stating I hope you can at least match this. The fastest does the 1/4 in 10.4. Mark probably did nothing but take your money and gave you a stock car back.
off topic but just to clarify that all Japtrix could do was install parts, the GT-R was actually tuned at Horsepower Logic, the one that actually forked over the 5k for the Cobb GT-R software

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?