Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:19 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmego1985
Hey mrg you can keep the money and I will take a picture of each car with your name on a**! How's that sound I'm not a liar and I am 24 years old sorry I'm not a english major I'm a dumb gym owner with phat rides.AS for everyone else I was not here to start trouble. I don't even own a Z anymore so I should not even be on here.
I'm glad you are doing well. I respect other young entrepreneurs, such as myself. I still have a hard time with your claims for the various reasons listed before. I will accept a picture of those cars in one shot with my name in lieu of yours for verification.

I have many clients that own between 1 and 26 gyms anywhere from CA to PA. Some of them make major bank, some not so much.

So, are you back home yet, or still driving while posting?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:21 AM
coachk
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=mrg1981;7371671]I'm glad you are doing well. I respect other young entrepreneurs, such as myself. I still have a hard time with your claims for the various reasons listed before. I will accept a picture of those cars in one shot with my name in lieu of yours for verification.

I have many clients that own between 1 and 26 gyms anywhere from CA to PA. Some of them make major bank, some not so much.

So, are you back home yet, or still driving while posting?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post that..lol
Old 05-27-2009, 12:41 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Still waiting on dyno results...
Still waiting on pic of all cars in 1 shot with owner and Marshall's screen name..

Still waiting on some humility and sympathy for the countless many of customers who have been allegedly defrauded of thousands.

Darren(tired of waiting)
Old 05-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Boostedtrack350

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Still waiting on dyno results...
Still waiting on pic of all cars in 1 shot with owner and Marshall's screen name..

Still waiting on some humility and sympathy for the countless many of customers who have been allegedly defrauded of thousands.

Darren(tired of waiting)
I wouldnt hold your breath! This guy is so full of it!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:11 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Heard that.. I've learned long ago not to wait for peeps to own up and be men. While I recognize that these absent "ethics" or "morals" are par for the course with sooo many that are deficient of a sense of ownership/accountability, I also try to see these apparent character flaws as wholly human, and therefore part of the realm of possibility, and mostly redeemable. In other words, as human and fallible myself, I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can someday, somehow make amends, apologies, etc, and change their ways. It's my hope that the same grace can/will be imparted on myself if/when I personally was to harm someone in any way (although I would have gone about this COMPLETELY different if I was Mark -- no matter what the variable were that we aren't privy to right now..). In the end (and not trying to get all biblical) we all have to answer to God, not man, so we'd better have our **** together when that day comes...

Darren(part-time philosopher)
Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

I'm sure he would if people stop hating. My car was their for 6 months and I was not a ***** in fact I became great friends with him. If you guys really wanna hear stuff watch out for some other shops on here they seem to over do the talking smack to gain business. I'm not trying to hate but I was put through hell from other shops from scaring the hell out of me for no reason. I'm happy with sgp and I sent my car down from MA. If I remember right HAlf these shops on here at one point have been bashed on.
6Months huh? Seems longer than that. I've had my car back for about 1month or so and it sat there for about a year and I thought your's was there longer than 6 months. If it trully only took 6 months, it's surprising considering it sat on a lift on most days I was there with no work being done what-so-ever. In fact I'm willing to guess that most of the work was done in the last month. When I picked up my car on April 9th, Mark was still welding up your exhaust.

So MA huh? Why the NY Plates?

Again, my car was there for a year and anyone local who knows my story will tell you I wasn't a ***** until I finally picked up my car in worse shape and not even make it 5 miles away from SGP before I had issues again.

I tried to be impartial about my opinions on Mark and the way he ran SGP, but my patience finally worn thin when, again after a year, my car still couldn't be fixed by Mark.

One car modified properly does not make a success story. Can you honestly say that all these people are hating on Mark, just for the sake of hating on him? Isn't it more plausible that you are the one customer that he was actually able to help in the past year (at the very least)?
Old 05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

gtr came in late august early to early sept. it got there right when i quit. lil bit longer then 6 months
Old 05-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Boostedtrack350

Well.....I found out today that my car had fuel pressure problems and that is what caused my motor to run super lean and melt a piston. When Mark tuned my car he told me I was running out of injector at 4,500rpm when I had 440cc injectors. I was only at 280whp!

At 5,000rpm's I had only 20psi of fuel pressure! and quickly dropped from there. There is NO way Mark did not notice this on the Dyno and if he did, why did he tell me it was safe to drive?

Good luck with the GTR! I would have someone else Dyno it ASAP!

BTW...I found out today that Forged is done with my car and I will pick it up on Monday!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:30 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
Well.....I found out today that my car had fuel pressure problems and that is what caused my motor to run super lean and melt a piston. When Mark tuned my car he told me I was running out of injector at 4,500rpm when I had 440cc injectors. I was only at 280whp!

At 5,000rpm's I had only 20psi of fuel pressure! and quickly dropped from there. There is NO way Mark did not notice this on the Dyno and if he did, why did he tell me it was safe to drive?

Good luck with the GTR! I would have someone else Dyno it ASAP!

BTW...I found out today that Forged is done with my car and I will pick it up on Monday!!!
Finally some good news in this thread!

Actually, I have good news as well, but like yours, it was at my own expense. My properly built transmission was completed and installed. Intense was and still is awesome to work with! I've had them work on my Armada and Titan as well. I will continue to have them do EVERYTHING for me. The car is a completely different animal with the transmission done correctly! I am very happy and have only stopped driving it when other obligations require! This is what my car should have been in April of 2008 (over 1 year ago), if SGP/Mark had done the work I paid them to do.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:57 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

We REALLY like sushi, as well as pizza too

Darrrrren
Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM
stormcrow

i think we all know that if ANY car makes it out of SGP in near perfect condition it will be a 75k Nissan "supercar"... i don't doubt this guy got all that he paid for (whatever that may have been)... imagine the negative press if you fsck a GT-R owner... that would end Mark... sadly, the 'lowly' Z people mean nothing to him...
Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i think we all know that if ANY car makes it out of SGP in near perfect condition it will be a 75k Nissan "supercar"... i don't doubt this guy got all that he paid for (whatever that may have been)... imagine the negative press if you fsck a GT-R owner... that would end Mark... sadly, the 'lowly' Z people mean nothing to him...
Only problem with that is..... 80-90% of his business was the 350z/G35. You'd think that a good business man would recognize this and see that having one satisfied GTR customer vs. 10-20(conservative estimate) of unsatisfied 350z/G35 is a wash.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:25 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Only problem with that is..... 80-90% of his business was the 350z/G35. You'd think that a good business man would recognize this and see that having one satisfied GTR customer vs. 10-20(conservative estimate) of unsatisfied 350z/G35 is a wash.
that's not, in the least, the only problem with that... i'm speculating, of course, but if i'm correct, then it means Mark is not only dick measuring by the cost of the vehicle, but is utterly insulting those who 'keep the doors open'...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, I don't think you can use logic to explain Mark's actions.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

I think that all of this talk about this GTR customer is akin to "putting the horse before the cart". We've yet to view ANY proof that the car even made it out of SGP on it's own power, let alone making more power than it came in with.

Tick tock, the grandfather clock goes tick tock..

Darren
Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 AM
Boostedtrack350

I just picked up my gtr from sgp the car is perfect. Everything I asked for was done. The tranny shifts faster the power is scary lol.MArks work on this car surpasses all the rest I am making 650 hp and 750 torque and the work on it is A+ it drives so good that I drove it from texas back to massachusetts.

how is it that a stock GTR on Marks Dyno put down 455whp and on a DD puts down 387whp? thats a huge difference!!

Last edited by Boostedtrack350; 05-28-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Boostedtrack350

The last 10 times I went to SGP, the GTR was on the lift with windows down, hood and trunk open. I bet it was filled with dust and dirt.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 AM
turismo

Thank you so much I would not have anything if it was not for my customers. If any of you guys are near by your welcome to stop by.
You made it home yet ? Waiting on the pics.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Zmego1985

Gentlemen I am finally home from a horrible rainy trip from Texas. I will be scanning the dynoes in the next few hours. As for when it was shipped in it was in the middle of october. So I was wrong it was 7 months guys, but I am happy it was that long for reliability. All dynoes are different whether they are a load based dyno or free rolling. Pictures will also be up soon.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

I reserve judgment on your results.

However, it still does not change my opinion on Mark and the way that he has run SGP in the last year. I will be the first to admit that I was a supporter of Mark and SGP. However, I can not ignore the facts and considering I went through an ordeal myself, one satisfied customer does not make up for all the other things that has happened.

Again, I challenge you to out right call all of us "Mark/SGP detractors", liars, regarding our claims against Mark.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?