Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
WTF.... I STARTED THE WIRE TUCK

Attachment 251901 Attachment 251902 Attachment 251903

The tri-colored wires are the connections for the headlight mods. No cutting required, just drilled a hole and rerouted the harness. It still took forever though. Passenger side sometime next week, after my knees recover from the beating they took today.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the last sub today and installed it in the Wicked CAS box. Fitment is terrible and I can feel the air passing by the center sub for certain. I may just ship everything back to Nazar for repair. It sounds terrible .

I took a quick look at the passenger side harhess on Sunday and it has many more connections, but it should still be able to be re-reouted without cutting anything. I was just getting started when a friend stopped by to see if I would rather drink beers instead, the beers won by a landslide.

I got the new valve covers from F:T today as promised. I will have to check in with the painter again tomorrow to check on his progress. Last week he said he was having a hard time matching the red powdercoat on the calipers and may have to mix a special paint that was over $100/pint.... of course.

Justice will be starting on machining the block in the next day or so and the heads should be at Headgames today or tomorrow, so things are moving forward on schedule to this point.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 PM
rookie

Passenger side will have wiring for the fans, ambient temp sensor, air bag sensor, ac pressure sensor and maybe a few others. Should be just like the other side except a few more connections.

Good luck homie.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by rookie
Passenger side will have wiring for the fans, ambient temp sensor, air bag sensor, ac pressure sensor and maybe a few others. Should be just like the other side except a few more connections.

Good luck homie.
I've been studying your pics in the engine bay pic thread and lets just say I have a new appreciation for what you have accomplished. You almost need a mock-up motor to pull in and out of the car to check an re-check things as you go
Old 08-03-2009, 02:21 PM
rookie

It's a decent amount of work, but for us none tuners and none engine builders it gives a sense of satisfaction doing some stuff in the engine bay.

old school stillen engine bay. 3.5 yrs ago. hahhahaha

Old 08-03-2009, 02:48 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

old school stillen engine bay. 3.5 yrs ago. hahhahaha
I thought the Stillen S/C needed a Stillen hood (maybe I misunderstood). Is that the Stillen hood (it looks stock from what I can tell), or does the Stillen S/C fit under the stock hood?

Last edited by ttg35fort; 08-03-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
rookie

It's an FX35, not a G or Z.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

I have been here a long time and never realized that you too had the stillen sc.Thank god the old days are gone.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

That makes sense.

When I first saw that I was thinking "d@mn, if a roots style S/C will fit under the hood, might be time to play with a twin-charged setup" (i.e., get the benefits of the TT's above 3500 rpm and get the benefits of the S/C in the low rpm range).

I'm not saying it will necessarily work well, but worth a try.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 08-03-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:17 PM
HeadGames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chris...who has a 97 page build thread!? lol

decided I would join the conversation..heads got here today, i'll post up the progress pics as it happens, as long as mods are ok with it. If not, I will email them to you.. We will start on them Wednesday and should be done Friday. If their is anything in particular anyone would like to see, or explained speak up now!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by HeadGames

decided I would join the conversation..heads got here today, i'll post up the progress pics as it happens, as long as mods are ok with it. If not, I will email them to you.. We will start on them Wednesday and should be done Friday. If their is anything in particular anyone would like to see, or explained speak up now!
i would like to see:

your finished divider

exhaust cc's

how your finished exhaust valve looks

Old 08-03-2009, 11:14 PM
nyqueenz

Sick is the CW plemum have blue CF sides??
Old 08-04-2009, 03:50 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by HeadGames

Thanks Dave , and I know its a bit silly how long it is, but its like 4 builds in one thread

If you are doing before and after flow testing a couple of graphs may be useful for people to weigh the cost/benefit aspect so members that are considering getting the same process done have some idea of the gains. And whatever gofast requested. Thanks .
Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 AM
HeadGames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by go-fast
i would like to see:

your finished divider

exhaust cc's

how your finished exhaust valve looks

lol...maybe I should give my S.S. number and card card numbers too! Seriously, the head is not "ported" although we do blend in the valve job. The valve is not touched, but the guides are, so I will show that. And the CC's of the exhaust will stay the same as mentioned, it is not ported for this package. 30-40 cfm gain from just a valve job and blending.

Thanks Dave , and I know its a bit silly how long it is, but its like 4 builds in one thread

If you are doing before and after flow testing a couple of graphs may be useful for people to weigh the cost/benefit aspect so members that are considering getting the same process done have some idea of the gains. And whatever gofast requested. Thanks .
I will have some pics for you tomorrow!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:57 AM
nyqueenz

I 2nd that since my heads should be going to your shop here in the next few weeks Dave.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:00 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cass,

The box you have looks incredibly smaller than I would think those subs would like. Did you calculate the volume and run it past the TS parameters of your woofers to make sure you still have a decent frequency response and adequate power handling? A box building program should be able to do it for you.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by djamps
Cass,

The box you have looks incredibly smaller than I would think those subs would like. Did you calculate the volume and run it past the TS parameters of your woofers to make sure you still have a decent frequency response and adequate power handling? A box building program should be able to do it for you.
http://www.wickedcas.com/product.php...3&cat=8&page=1

I have no idea about the box. I guess I figured why would someone make a box that isn't spec'd right .

The box is being sent back to Wicked CAS tomorrow to have Nazar work out the fitment issues. I took it to the local JL Audio dealer and they didn't want to mess with it at all. Nazar was very easy to work with (so far) and I hope he can get the subs to fit without much hassle and I get the box back before the car is completed.

I checked in with the painter yesterday and he has found a very good match for the red powder coat, so he will get to work shortly. I am also making arrangements to buy a compressor for my garage at home so he can come to my house and throw some paint on the engine bay.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:16 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

pretty random, I was at the Hincapie party where they unveiled the Wicked Cas installed QX. I am behind the truck in one of those photos.
http://www.wickedcas.com/gallery/v/Hincapie/
Old 08-05-2009, 01:53 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

you should have bought my subbox chriss
Old 08-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

I got the wire tuck finished up yesterday for the most part. I will still have some work to do on the harness and a few spots after the motor is back in, but the two main wires down the sides are done. No splicing or cutting, just a well placed hole, some zip ties, some cut up fingers and a few beers.

The painter came by yesterday so he could go over prep with me and I have started taping off things to get the bay ready for paint. Taping things off is taking forever and I still have to rough up the surface with a scotch pad and wipe it down after that. Hopefully paint next week .

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-p8080280.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-p8080281.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-p8080282.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-p8080283.jpg

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress