Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Perfomance expirence!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:56 PM
b18c1turboed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
.How would anyone have known that you even had a problem before today? Are you saying you are getting PM's in the last 2 hours about there being many people are having the same problem as yourself with Forged?
I have been on my g37.com also for a while now!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
tig488

maybe you should have called infiniti and told them sharif was working on your car, maybe they would have let you missed a few payments, since it was obviously not made clear to you that you wouldnt have to pay for the car while it wasnt in your possession. those crazy car dealerships, always wanting money!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I would want a tuner to take his time with my car and not rush things...
Old 01-03-2009, 12:59 PM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by coachk
I'm not sure that was a good idea about questioning the PM's he received.That could open up a can of worms...
oops....
Old 01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coachk
I'm not sure that was a good idea about questioning the PM's he received.That could open up a can of worms...
Just asking a question coach, not trying to cause any drama for Sharif. Besides, if your not happy with the turn time on your car, PMing other forum members about it to whine instead of having a conversation directly with Sharif will not solve your problem IMO.

I am not a customer of Forged currently, but I would not hesitate to take my Z there if I needed to in the future.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
SmallTuner

woow

ITS GETTING HOT

Old 01-03-2009, 01:08 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by b18c1turboed
... we told him too only tune it at 500Hp, what a stock motor would hold...
The VQ37 motors are very new. At this point in time, adding forced induction to them is a learning experience. Although some of the VQ37 motors have held to 500 hp on the dyno (I have not seen any long term results yet), your VQ37 just proved that this will not always be the case.

Unfortunately, you dove in before there was enough empirical data to support pushing the stock VQ37 that far. Nonetheless, you are getting a BUILT MOTOR FOR FREE!!! That motor that Sharif is building for you will last far longer than your stock one ever would have, which will save you time and much money in the long run. Yes, the wait has been frustrating, but the end result will be very nice and will hold up much longer than the stock VQ37 ever would have.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:12 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
The VQ37 motors are very new. At this point in time, adding forced induction to them is a learning experience. Although some of the VQ37 motors have held to 500 hp on the dyno (I have not seen any long term results yet), your VQ37 just proved that this will not always be the case.

Unfortunately, you dove in before there was enough empirical data to support pushing the stock VQ37 that far. Nonetheless, you are getting a BUILT MOTOR FOR FREE!!! That motor that Sharif is building for you will last far longer than your stock one ever would have, which will save you time and much money in the long run. Yes, the wait has been frustrating, but the end result will be very nice and will hold up much longer than the stock VQ37 ever would have.

What did Sam at GTMotorsports do on his stock block? i belive he was the
1st in the country with it.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

please don't bring GTM into this
Old 01-03-2009, 01:16 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by Zivman
please don't bring GTM into this
I was just asking? nothing bad too say about them... They have hooked us up big time!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:20 PM
kd07z

if he had the consult 3 it would have told him exactly what was wrong with the car. But nope!!!
Funny how people who know little about cars think you can just plug in a consult to get all the answers.

Last edited by kd07z; 01-03-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:23 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Just because one, two or even ten stock motors held up to 500 hp on a dyno does not mean that every stock motor will. Moreover, just because a stock motor holds up to 500 hp during during one tuning session does not mean that the stock motor will hold 500 hp over a long period of time. Many people get well over 400 hp on the stock VQ35 motors, but very few of those motors last long when they are pushed hard. If you read this forum, the typical scenario is that the stock motors eventually give out long before their 100,000 mile mark, and are replaced with built motors. You are fortunate in that you will be starting out with a built motor. Again, although you are losing time with the car up front, I think you will definitely benefit in the long run.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kd07z
if he had the consult 3 it would have told him exactly what was wrong with the car. But nope!!!
Funny how people who know little about cars think you can just plug in a consult to get all the answers.
Do you have the Consult 3 too tune the car then......

How did you tune the car without the consult 3? .....why did you accept a car you don’t even have the software to tune it with?
or that consult is needed to tune the car

It's clear the OP is beyond clueless about what goes into setup like this
Old 01-03-2009, 01:37 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenty aware, of what it takes to build a motor. Don’t take no rocket expert!!!

Yea i feel sorry for him too. But all this was brought upon himself! The funny this is how many Pms i have gotten asking me stuff, because they had the same situation as us. Their are a lot of people out their that went or are going thru the same thing!!!

I feel sorry for him because he couldn’t be a man, and be honest from the jump!!! oh well everyone continue too use him, he does nice work. But his timing is worthless!!!
i wish this story ended with sharif having your car towed to your house with no engine and a dozen boxes of unlabeled and unorganized parts

i could write an entire page about how you are wrong, deceptive, and uneducated on more than one thing... but its not worth you. you just dont get it, and you never will.

i think its time for the tuners to start a customer blacklist? you keep thinking how screwed over you are, when the real victim here is clearly sharif. hes the one losing money and time on a project (not to mention having to deal with your exagerative accusations of being a "liar" just because time goals were crossed)... all you have lost is, what? nothing? a couple months with your car? big deal, get used to not having it, because no matter who finishes it for you, you will find a way to break it, and you will be back to point fingers.

Last edited by phunk; 01-03-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Motormouth
Banned

there is just so much.... wrong... with OPs posts.

(backs out of room... slowly)
Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by go-fast
if true,this is troublesome.i would love to hear the other side of these claims.
These "lies" that Juan speaks of are really missed deadlines, weird issues with his car, or me being overly optimistic about leadtimes. I have never once lied to Juan or ANYONE about progress on their car..period. Juan calls, and asks if his car is running, the answer is "no, we are almost ready to fire it up". He perceives this as "great, the car is running".

Juan lives 45 mins from my shop. Do you think I would tell him his car is running, when it is not? As anyone that works in a performance shop understands, we all have the best intentions on leadtime estimates.

Here is another example: Jay'Z calls me couple days ago, asking how his car was doing. I said we are putting the final touches on his TT kit and should be running in a couple of days. Jay'Z SUPRISES me and walks through the door 1 hr later, and guess what the status of his car was.....AJ working on it, exactly as I described it. And Jay'Z lives 800 miles away from me!!

Sometimes things happen that are beyond my control. We are all ready to fire up Juan's car last week, and no spark, fuel, or crank signal. We do some trouble shooting that consumes a couple of days. The end result is we found that one of our old techs that was dismissed many weeks ago, hastily undid some wiring before pulling Juan's motor out of the car. So we now have to go back and rewire the FCON correctly.

I am a liar for this? Of course not.

Juan needs to understand the difference between lieing, and just having issues or problems with a car.....that all will eventually be worked out.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 01-03-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by phunk
i wish this story ended with sharif having your car towed to your house with no engine and a dozen boxes of unlabeled and unorganized parts

i could write an entire page about how you are wrong, deceptive, and uneducated on more than one thing... but its not worth you. you just dont get it, and you never will.

i think its time for the tuners to start a customer blacklist?

Trust me. It wouldnt end how you think it would...!!!! hahahah a blacklist becasue where not happy with his service.WOW!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

threads like this make me wish I wasn't a Mod. But since I am a mod it would be inappropriate for me to let you know what a tool you are.

I would like to thank everyone for keeping it clean and not getting personal in this thread.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 PM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
threads like this make me wish I wasn't a Mod. But since I am a mod it would be inappropriate for me to let you know what a tool you are.

I would like to thank everyone for keeping it clean and not getting personal in this thread.
Would it be inappropriate for me to let him know how much of a tool he is?
Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

yes

Quick Reply: Forged Perfomance expirence!!!