Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
I'm refering to the braking zone, you can see the turn. Sorry if that was misunderstood
eh, you can still see pretty far up the chute. but I'll give it to you.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey pete, when are you going to have some coil-overs for 2006 and up Miatas? got a brotha dien over here.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:39 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Regarding Dr. De La Pena:
If you guys want to know the truth about who the poster is or is not, I can prove it without a shadow of a doubt tomorrow, if you'd like.

I'll call Dr. De la Pena's office and record the f'ing call. If it is her, then we can confirm that over the phone when I call her office. If it is not her, she'll have no idea what is going on. I suspect that the real Dr. De la Pena will not have a clue what I'm talking about.

Any bets?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Come on Sharif, didn't you just say we were cool?
Yes we are. I messaged Danny about this thread many weeks ago...where have you been.

My comments were directed at Scott, not you. It just so happens that he was driving and representing your car, and your company, which is a huge mistake, IMHO. Scott is toxic, and honestly, you are making a serious error in judgment trying to defend him, or heck...even having him anywhere near your car. Scott blames everyone but himself..excuse after excuse after excuse. If Scott's car is slow, it's the tires, the brakes, or the track condition. If Forged takes first place, it's because the competion was crappy...blah blah blah.

Even if half of this thread is true, that's enough.

So who is driving for you in 2009?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Pete@BC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
hey pete, when are you going to have some coil-overs for 2006 and up Miatas? got a brotha dien over here.
They just released , I still have not recieved stock though.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 PM
XKR

And what part of my post is not true???? Everythng I posted in that PM Sharif has posted in that thread that he started about your motor !!! Even the part where you were in shock on the phone when Sharif gave you the info he found ..... The part about Sharif pushing scott off the track was of course a joke...I dont see what that has to do with anything...

Like you said...Sharif found mistakes on the build sheet and then everything went underground after that with the salesman scott.

You can spin it all you want to defend him .....but you are only hurting yourself.

BTW.... So now we have Mods on G35driver passing around PM's.....Kool....Tell that Mod it does not bother me....it just goes to show how things are ran over there.....and I will see what IB has to say about that..

I haven't had the time, nor the need for some of the drama brought on these boards. But there has been a lot of false information given about the BC G35, past instances with shops, and our driver (Scott).

I’d like to think that I am a reputable person and a man of character. I am honest and have never been biased or unfair with my dealings with people or companies in this industry or otherwise.
I can attest to a lot of stuff being said here in the character assassination of Scott and Relentless Autosports as being a bunch of half truths and lies, but I will just limit my post to comments/allegations about me and our vehicle.

Keep in mind, I own the car, I personally dealt with all the situations myself. I know how the whole story took place.

First, here is an actual PM that XKR has been spreading around about my car and past situation…

Wow, now I'm not sure exactly what XKR was told by Sharif, but let me clarify on how this really happened.

We only had 2 months to complete My G35. I contracted Noah from GTSpec to help us. He was told our goals and he made it happen.
At no time did I specifically request anything on parts, just gave him our power goals and mentioned this was going to receive a lot of track time and abuse. When I requested an invoice from him, the invoice in question was given to Sharif as per his request. He, (Sharif) noticed the discrepancies and called them out to me, which I thanked him for his attention to detail. I then contacted Noah, Noah contacted Scott and it was seen that Noah had made a mistake on his paperwork. A simple mistake that he took full responsibility for, came here and explained on more than one occasion. I'm not sure what tel# Sharif may have had, but I will say that Scott answered every call I had and/or returned my call during this entire process. I also know that he called Forged many times to get through to Sharif with no luck, and there are people that can definitely back that up. Including one of Forged customers that was with Scott the week this happened

Here is the quote from Noah at GT Spec that ordered the RA motor for us

This all took place and was resolved long before Sharif decided to make this a big thread. I'd appreciate if this part finally dies out, I have had to repeat this so many times. It was a 3rd party invoice error, Scott addressed all my questions and said that he personally guaranteed the motor, as is, would handle the amount of power we were looking to achieve and be able to take the abuse on the track. Sharif had his own thoughts that this motor would not be able to perform to the expectations Scott said and to this date we are utilizing the same motor that has made 652rwhp, been to many track events not including the daily driven portion of the car. I'll post the new dyno numbers later when we finalize it. There is some restriction issues on the custom piping we did while converting from the Greddy TT kit to the new JWT kit. Shooting for low to mid 7 hundred's now.

Unless you were a corner worker or a tree, I doubt anyone saw exactly what happened. That stretch of the track is blinded to the audience by a field of trees. But if you'd like, I do have the in car video to prove you wrong.
BTW, it was a front brake pad failure that caused the wreck. Scott thought it skidded due to the front bumper coming loose like it had earlier, but under further examination I found one of the front pads crumbled and had the backing plate hit the rotor.

Just on a side note, based on practice session times (low boost, sh!ty tires and me in the car with Scott datalogging) we were the fastest RWD car there. The practice lap times reflected this. Just for the bystanders to understand time attack, when this wreck occurred, it was like 3 turns from the finish of the 1st timed lap. Believe me that no one is radioing in to slow down and mess around. LOL, how do you guys come up with this stuff !!??.

Now with all this said, I could keep on commenting on posts that are in this thread alone that are nowhere near the real facts but my 1000 word max is up. It's unfortunate that this great community of Z/G owners are being feed this by the pioneer members of this site and forum sponsors.

Last edited by XKR; 04-16-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Yes we are. I messaged Danny about this thread many weeks ago...where have you been.

My comments were directed at Scott, not you. It just so happens that he was driving and representing your car, and your company, which is a huge mistake, IMHO. Scott is toxic, and honestly, you are making a serious error in judgment trying to defend him, or heck...even having him anywhere near your car. Scott blames everyone but himself..excuse after excuse after excuse. If Scott's car is slow, it's the tires, the brakes, or the track condition. If Forged takes first place, it's because the competion was crappy...blah blah blah.

It's obvious there are a few that dislike the guy here in the thread and are vocal about it, but I'm not here telling anyone they have to like someone. I'm here account to my personal buisness dealings with him. The honest fact is that he hasn't done wrong to us in this project. The fact he's driving for us all came about the whole motor issue. Alot of the members here actually agreed that he be given the opportunity to prove the motor. I gave him the opportunity to prove it with him behind the wheel. If something happened to the motor, theres no one else to point fingers at. Yet all the problems we had this year were everything but the motor.

This will probably be the last year for the G as our track car, but as long as the G has the RA motor, I'll keep my word on letting him continue to prove it right or wrong.

You shouldn't retire the Z this year, I would like to see how they both do on the track with the off season improvements. It was just getting exciting last year.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by XKR
And what part of my post is not true???? Everythng I posted in that PM Sharif has posted in that thread that he started about your motor !!! Even the part where you were in shock on the phone when Sharif gave you the info he found ..... The part about Sharif pushing scott off the track was of course a joke...I dont see what that has to do with anything...

Like you said...Sharif found mistakes on the build sheet and then everything went underground after that with the salesman scott.

You can spin it all you want to defend him .....but you are only hurting yourself.
Mike, if you copy pasted his text from a previous post then you left out the part that this was agreed by shariff to be dropped and not mentioned on the boards because we found out it was Noah's error. No one's brushing this under the rug, it was brought out for ill purposes and no matter how many times I explain the whole scenario, it gets turned as if I'm covering something up. 3 of the 4 parties invovled have come to the boards and backed me on this. If you were informed differently, I'm only here to help clear up what I know from personal experience.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Motormouth
Banned

how did BC end up in the rankings last year?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally saw the welded up pistons myself. I held one in my hands and looked at it in utter disbelief.

Holy Fkuc! Bubbly, wire welded, belt sanded, carbonaceous forged pistons?

Work like that should never, ever be done. No excuses. Work like that is derelict, gross negligence, dangerous, disrespectful, malicious and just plain F'ed UP.

No, Scott didn't weld it up himself. His mechanic Mark did the work.

I saw all kinds of things when I went to Precision Z where they were trying to repair the hack job done on Dereks car.

Mark built Dereks engine with a cracked block, reused bearings from a blown engine, dirt and debris in the oil pan, wrong cams, no valve lash clearances at all, high leak down rates on all cylinders, exhaust valves that wouldn't fully close, engine parts laying in the dirt outside the shack.
And with all kinds of other major F ups.

This is not a half truth. This is 100% truth.

I didn't go to Precision Z with any knowledge Derek was trying to repair his G there. All I knew is I went there at random to borrow a stock exhaust midpipe for development work. When I was there I saw a prior customer of mine (Derek) who showed me his car and explained the horror story he went through.

If you saw what I saw, it would have blown your mind.

A friend and customer I personally know got screwed big time. And it pissed me off.

I never talk trash on the forums but in this case its not only justified, its a moral obligation.

See Derek's post below.

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
I just wanted to post about what Scott has said about tony (hydrazine) lieing about my motor and not knowing the details.

I thought all this was done and over with, but I guess not it was brought to light again.

The motor was being rebuilt by Mark Scott's mechanic at Dad's garage in El Cajon.

Granted it is a garage or shop, but a place that builts high dollar engines shouldn't look as crappy as it did.

I went there to drop off my short block to Mark. He showed me my block which was cracked with all my pieces on the ground in dirt and in a plastic bucket.

The block was rebuilt and brought back to Precision Z 2 times before Mark gave up trying to fix it due to the cams not being set right.

That was the only problem after the rebuild, but he got angry because PZ wanted it done right before putting my engine back in the car. We were surprised that the engine was clean.

PZ offered for him to come there and use their shop to set the cams, but he refused.

Everything Tony said about my motor was true.

I have no problem with Scott, but he still acts the same way when he was at VRT cocky and sure of himself.

I don't see a problem with that, but you do have to prove yourself to shut people up especially after coming from VRT which had a bad rap.

Ask the people who had their car built by them how their shop looks. I don't know if they are in the same place or not my motor incident happened last year.

Scott should of documented this last big build with pics to show everyone what goes in his engines.

If I was one of the guys defending him. I would spend the $100 for 3 pulls at a reputable shop on my own to prove everyone wrong on what his motors could do.

I would take a pic of the fuel pump, engine or anything in question.

Which I think is nothing considering you just spend 10k-20k on a build.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:07 PM
XKR

Mike, if you copy pasted his text from a previous post then you left out the part that this was agreed by shariff to be dropped and not mentioned on the boards because we found out it was Noah's error. No one's brushing this under the rug, it was brought out for ill purposes and no matter how many times I explain the whole scenario, it gets turned as if I'm covering something up. 3 of the 4 parties invovled have come to the boards and backed me on this. If you were informed differently, I'm only here to help clear up what I know from personal experience.
When you press "quote"....it only copies what you posted not what you copied....I did not mean to leave out Noah's post....

Pete...I have told you in many other post that I have nothing against you and my reason for being respectful to you....

Let me clear something up about what you think Sharif has told me.....

Some of the things that I post on here about your car is info Sharif has already posted....the other things I get from others. I call Sharif to confirm, and he will ask to leave him out of it....matter of fact...if it did not happen in his shop....I always get the info before him...So, I dont need Sharif to get any information. Its no secret that Sharif is not fond of scott....but Sharif's intel is limited to your motor and what he saw in his shop....not how the bait and switch happened......he got that from me...not the other way around.

Look at Tony's post above.....you really think all of us are making this **** up?....Because you are a straight up guy...I would rather all of us be wrong.....but thats not going to happen.

This is not directed at you Pete....but most that defend scott thinks that if they come on here and try and discredit me... this thread will die. I just want them to know that this mission is way bigger than me.

So in closing....I hope you know what you are doingg

Last edited by XKR; 04-16-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Motormouth
Banned

my only problem with scott really is his lack of clarity. no build specs, no real dynos, no pictures, no explanation, no business licenses...

wtf BC, I am ashamed for you that you deal with him. Have YOU ever asked him to see his professional documentation? I didn't think BC was rinky dink, I thought they were a suspension company that did a fair amount of sales, but maybe I was wrong.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Motormouth
my only problem with scott really is his lack of clarity. no build specs, no real dynos, no pictures, no explanation, no business licenses...

wtf BC, I am ashamed for you that you deal with him. Have YOU ever asked him to see his professional documentation? I didn't think BC was rinky dink, I thought they were a suspension company that did a fair amount of sales, but maybe I was wrong.
This post sums it all up...
Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

And Pete you dont know me or probably care but we operate a real shop here in San Diego and Scott is like the plague. I will back up what Sharif is saying 100% regarding Scotts character and the way he chooses to conduct his "business". And I have been fed the lies(and some of these lies are the most outlandish sh*t I have ever heard) directly from Scott, in person, on several oocasions and everytime I confronted him about it, there was an excuse or he didnt do that.........And I have seen the screwed over customers cars(we have one in our possesion that is ultra bad *** now) we just returned two back to stock. I could go on and on.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

They just released , I still have not recieved stock though.
need a beta tester
Old 04-17-2009, 05:00 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It really blows my mind for Pete's response to the build sheet. Either:

1) Pete is alot classier than i thought and is really keeping his real feelings inside
2) Pete is naive
3) Scott has some side deal going with Pete to keep him quiet
4) Pete is so rich it doesn't matter if he pays $15 for a diet coke or $1 in the vending machine.

Honestly Pete.. i don't care if it was on my build sheet that i paid for $120 tuner lugs and got $75 regular lugs. That my friend is just unacceptable. Being that you are in the automotive world and working for a company like BC just blows my mind even more that you let the build sheet "mistake" slide like that. Mistake my fcking as$ .. lets be real here.. nobody can look me in the face and tell me that was a fcking mistake.. someone fcked up and got caught with their panties down..

Seriously Pete? Seriously? I mean Seriously Pete? my God dude!!!!!!!!! not only was the parts wrong.. they were fcking ficticious.. THEY DON'T EXISTS!!!!! are you still with me?

its not like you paid for an ARC Strut Bar and got a GT Spec one, its not like you paid for a JWT Pop Charger and got a Nismo CAI, its not like you paid for Volks and got Rotas, its not like you paid for an authentic INGS Body Kit and got the replica, its not like you paid for BC Racing Coilovers and got Eibach Springs on Stock Struts.. are you still with me Pete?

You got ripped so hard.. they put ficticious parts on your build sheet dude.. PARTS THAT ARE NOT AROUND... they could have put flux capacitors and a time machine in your buildsheet then told you it was a mistake.. and to me its like you go.. ok it was an honest mistake..

if you know all this and you really don't care or arn't mad about it.. then you have to fall into 1 of the 4 categories above... and personally say what you want about Sharif.. i would be buying him a blender, a toaster or a mini-fridge to thank him for bringing that to your attention.. he could have just turned a blind eye to it and moved on..

anyway.. i need my coffee.. this situation is pissing me off
Old 04-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

So, what would everyone say if build sheet that Scott created for another customer with the same items as he had on Pete's build sheet were to come to light???

Would that just happen to be another mistake also????? or would that just add more proof that he is a scammer?

You know what I am talking about Scott (I know you are reading this thread).....
Old 04-17-2009, 05:18 AM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by Motormouth

I'm confused with your comment here. I bought the motor from a 3rd party GTSpec which everyone on here knows very well. I had no need to ask for the shops at ? buisness license, that would have been a really odd question to ask (under normal circumstances). As far as our sales, why is that even brought up? We are a fairly large distribution center here growing at a fast rate.

I dont sell any RA products, only affiliation is he drives.

Like I said before, if theres proof beyond resonable doubt. Then hey so be it. I'm not here trying to prove all you wrong. I'm only stating what I know about my dealing, my car.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:38 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm confused with your comment here. I bought the motor from a 3rd party GTSpec which everyone on here knows very well. I had no need to ask for the shops at ? buisness license, that would have been a really odd question to ask (under normal circumstances). As far as our sales, why is that even brought up? We are a fairly large distribution center here growing at a fast rate.

I dont sell any RA products, only affiliation is he drives.

Like I said before, if theres proof beyond resonable doubt. Then hey so be it. I'm not here trying to prove all you wrong. I'm only stating what I know about my dealing, my car.
i see you subscribe to the don't ask don't tell mentality. Personally since motors blow so easily and often, PERSONALLY if i'm having a motor built, i would like to know its being built at a facility with a good reptuation and a great working environment, that way if something goes wrong i can always know the product will be warrantied.

Here is the problem with buying a motor from a place that doesn't have a physical shop location. When ever there is a problem and they don't feel like backing their product, they don't actually exists so they can change location again and you have no idea whats going on. Its equivalent to buying a laptop from a crack head, a flat screen TV off a hijacked truck in Oyster Bay NY, buying an XBox 360 from some guy walking around outside GCT. When you buy products from a non-front facing shop, they can pick up and leave and you get no support. Now PERSONALLY if i'm going to spend all that money on a motor, it better be from a REAL SHOP.

Pete the reason your company comes into question is because your lack of knowledge makes you appear niave or ignorant. I would personally never buy a BC product if you're the face of BC and you're telling me that this is how you operate. If you tell me you buy products from people who don't have shops or operate like a legitimate shop or you don't care enough to question where the motor is being built and doing the freaking research, it tells me you don't care about the quality or raw materials that goes into products from BC.

Your lack of knowledge, research and/or care to where your motor came from gives BC Products a bad name. I'm sorry.. thats how it is.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:47 AM
sandy@forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Yep, this thread chugs along because it protects consumers.

Here is a "typical" day at a real shop ( I was at a shop today, so here is the short story ):

1. You get to drive to a real address. GPS even knows where it is.
2. They are open at the advertised time.
3. You walk in and greeted by technicians and shop owner, the phones are ringing, there is coffee being consumed, jokes are being told, problems are being solved, fun being had, work is being done, there is a building with concrete floors, bathrooms, carlifts, parts, bay doors, its sunny and you feel at peace... its a real business.
4. Your car is worked on while you make busy and try to do recon on other customers cars because all good shops have a plenty of other customers and they have cool cars too. If you are lucky, the shop owner has a GTR and you try to find the keys to that while he is not looking.
5. The shop buys you lunch,... ok maybe thats a perk I've earned but I was hungry.
6. Your car is on a real dyno, with other people around that have previously dyno'd their cars,... guess what - everyone had similar experiences. Plus the techs ask you "what did your car do?",.. You say "504",.. they say "good, thats a little over what it did when you had it here 6 months ago",... that's good.
7. You pay your bill. You promise to keep in touch and email/call when you arrive at home safely because thats what good shops ask of their customers.

That is why this thread is still active.

Paul, i am glad you got home safe. See you on the open house May 02.

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure