Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iStan
Ok. The whole bar/business license/ etc thing may not be worth the time and effort.
Follow me on this one. It's a stretch, but this is how I would have done it. I don't see any major flaws with it.

Scott may not have the bar, but that makes sense. There is not shop called Relentless Autosports. Relentless is just an LLC. LLCs are business entities really made for tax purposes more than anything.

However, I believe the recon team found the two shops that the work is being done, Bush Power Brake in National City and Dad's Garage in El Cajon. Both do have Bar Licenses. So if Scott farms out the work to Bush Power and Dad's Garage, he could get away with not having his own Bar, because he is not his own shop.

yes no?
He is still operating under the name Relentless, that would require him to have a business license. Do the customer pay relentless or Dad's garage?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when will someone provide a dyno. there are enough RA cars out there. just one verified dyno.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

There is not shop called Relentless Autosports. Relentless is just an LLC. LLCs are business entities really made for tax purposes more than anything. yes no?

may not be a shop.. but his rebranded products say so

Originally Posted by Scott @ RA

Old 03-04-2009, 10:38 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
He is still operating under the name Relentless, that would require him to have a business license. Do the customer pay relentless or Dad's garage?
That may not be 100%. I can't be certain because I'm not in CA. In NV though, all that was required for me to run my business was a Doing Business As (DBA) bank account to track cash flow. All my work was 1099 (independent contractor) and ran through normal income for me so I was fine. Not sure how much CA would differ.

As far as Doug's comment about the parts- not sure, but I think Tim mentioned a reseller's permit? I always dealt with services so I really have no idea.

Basically, I don't think anyone could have gone this far without the correct licencing. Hrm, could have/should have. whatever.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:40 AM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by Motormouth
when will someone provide a dyno. there are enough RA cars out there. just one verified dyno.
You want my 5psi Vortech Dyno? I have this one too:

I extrapolated based on my butt dyno.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want my 5psi Vortech Dyno? I have this one too:

I extrapolated based on my butt dyno.
Ok see now thats total BS. Everyone knows the only cars that do loopty loops on dynos are Supras.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM
xxg35girlxx

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Is there a single one of you who is 30+ years old AND/OR has ANY prior 1st hand personal experience with aftermarket forced induction with a business other than RA???
i would think most of the clientele for z/gs would be under 30..

anyways - i may have just turned 22 a couple weeks ago but i know alot more than most do at my age about cars. believe me.. when i first bought my tt kit and all my aftermarkets parts i called VRT and spoke with mr.a abouting pricing and he was promising me the world. this is right before all the drama went down. i spoke with sharif on gfrenzy and asked him if he knew any shops in my area and he told me about gtm. when i called gtm they didnt seem to happy that i was bringing in all my own parts and quoted me a ridiculously high price for installation and they couldnt guarantee when my car would be finished so i continued to shop around. well.. i just ended up parking my car in a friends shop and we did the installation ourselves.. but when it was time for a tune i wanted someone close so i didnt have to drive my untuned car a far distance so with gtm being the closest i called them again. i got quoted 1100 for a tune.. and then a few days later i had one of my guy friends call with the same information and he got quoted 600. so i found myself calling ra.. which i have never heard of before because it was still remotely new but i knew was a risk because of all the rumors ive heard but the guy that recommend me was pretty happy with his car and i had spoke to a girl who had her car done at VRT and she loved it. scott dealt with it so i figured id give ra the benefit of the doubt. i ended up getting my tune for alot cheaper than 600 and my car ran amazing.. until i changed my headlights a few weeks later.. (ka-booom )

btw im not trying to bash gtm in anyway.. i just choose to go a different route.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by UpRev
Ok see now thats total BS. Everyone knows the only cars that do loopty loops on dynos are Supras.
Hrm, maybe the loops are from me farting and changing the buttdyno.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
doug

Originally Posted by xxg35girlxx
i would think most of the clientele for z/gs would be under 30..[/U][/I][/I]
you would assume people who own a 30K+ car and putting another 30k+ into it are under 30? well maybe if they have incredible jobs and had a great start or live at home with their parents..

but i would think anyone spending that much money has to be late 20's and up
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
UpRev
Banned

Hrm, maybe the loops are from me farting and changing the buttdyno.
Now the truth comes out! along with poots
Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM
UpRev
Banned

anyways - i may have just turned 22 a couple weeks ago but i know alot more than most do at my age about cars. believe me.. when i first bought my tt kit and all my aftermarkets parts i called VRT and spoke with mr.a abouting pricing and he was promising me the world. this is right before all the drama went down. i spoke with sharif on gfrenzy and asked him if he knew any shops in my area and he told me about gtm. when i called gtm they didnt seem to happy that i was bringing in all my own parts and quoted me a ridiculously high price for installation and they couldnt guarantee when my car would be finished so i continued to shop around. well.. i just ended up parking my car in a friends shop and we did the installation ourselves.. but when it was time for a tune i wanted someone close so i didnt have to drive my untuned car a far distance so with gtm being the closest i called them again. i got quoted 1100 for a tune.. and then a few days later i had one of my guy friends call with the same information and he got quoted 600. so i found myself calling ra.. which i have never heard of before because it was still remotely new but i knew was a risk because of all the rumors ive heard but the guy that recommend me was pretty happy with his car and i had spoke to a girl who had her car done at VRT and she loved it. scott dealt with it so i figured id give ra the benefit of the doubt. i ended up getting my tune for alot cheaper than 600 and my car ran amazing.. until i changed my headlights a few weeks later.. (ka-booom )

btw im not trying to bash gtm in anyway.. i just choose to go a different route.
You get what you pay for. Thats something someone who is 30+ knows.

What exactly was the difference between the $1100 tune and the $600 tune? You don't get something for nothing.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Glex25

scott dealt with it so i figured id give ra the benefit of the doubt. i ended up getting my tune for alot cheaper than 600 and my car ran amazing.. until i changed my headlights a few weeks later.. (ka-booom )

Too easy
Old 03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
JS04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick question? Could you post the dyno sheet? I'm just really curious on seeing one.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

What exactly was the difference between the $1100 tune and the $600 tune? You don't get something for nothing.
lol...more like, shes been brainwashed to believe the SSbox will do the job for those 800whp builds (moon dynos), and shops that recomend standalones are just talking out of their ***
Old 03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Extra serviceing........

Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

No idea, but you'll make contrary claims as though you are right? Please end yourself.
I never said I was right, I said Tim didn't prove anything. Go DIAF.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 AM
doug

Originally Posted by JS04
Just a quick question? Could you post the dyno sheet? I'm just really curious on seeing one.

Attached Thumbnails Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure-dyno.jpg  
Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

That calls for "Print Screen"......

I know that will be deleted......
Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
I don't know how Tim can guarantee that. I am not going to debate with him about it, but he is speculating and really has no clue what Scott does or doesn't have.

Until Scott can post an actual location, with address, in which he conducts business,then I am going to go out on a limb and state: he A. has no EPA licence,B. has no BAR licensce,C. has no business license,D. has no re-sellers permit(and if he does have this he is in viloation since you cannot have a home based business and have any customers, deliveries, etc...at your home).Shall I proceed or shall we wait for one of his chronies to post this information everyone has been asking about for over one year?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by doug

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure