Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Two quick thoughts Mike:

1. What are the chances that with the power coming on like it does that even if the clutch holds the tires won't just spin?

2. Seriously man, who has a build thread that is 100 pages long.... that is just retarded

....Its going to spin......it started to just before the clutch let go.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Mike after driving on the OS Triple for a couple of days, it either seems to have gotten less grabby, or I'm just getting better at modulating it. Either way, I can live with it now. Other than getting it going from a stop, it is probably the best clutch I've driven.

Just fyi since you are looking at the OS stuff.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:14 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
Mike after driving on the OS Triple for a couple of days, it either seems to have gotten less grabby, or I'm just getting better at modulating it. Either way, I can live with it now. Other than getting it going from a stop, it is probably the best clutch I've driven.

Just fyi since you are looking at the OS stuff.
Thanks Chris....

Here is some updates on the &^%$ing Quad.....Sharif spoke to the guys in Japan...and they told him to stay away from it because its PLAIN NASTY ...It would ruin my Trans......It would be hell to drive on the street.....

I maybe going your route Chris..... Triple....God help me if this thing slips.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

someone on the boards has a quad, and from what i was told its not any worse then the triple to drive. i like my os triple, it just keeps you on your toes.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:05 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Nexx
someone on the boards has a quad, and from what i was told its not any worse then the triple to drive. i like my os triple, it just keeps you on your toes.
Yeah.... But they told Sharif that with my TQ and stock trans... It could be an issue.... It's good to hear that you like yours.... Chris feels the same
Old 11-05-2009, 04:05 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hmm, is there any way around something always being too weak?

I wouldn't think it matters what clutch it is, if it holds your power without slipping it's going to put a lot of stress on a transmission. Something has to take the stress, the clutch, the trans, the axles.....
Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 PM
ToastZ

Mike,

How will the traction control (when installed) affect the clutch performance? I'm thinking the traction control will ask more from the clutch because it will try to peak the torque without breaking the tires loose. Just a thought while I sit here waiting on my dinner to be served and enjoying my 18 year old Macallan

Toast

Last edited by ToastZ; 11-05-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Mike,

How will the traction control (when installed) affect the clutch performance? I'm thinking the traction control will ask more from the clutch because it will try to peak the torque without breaking the tires loose. Just a thought while I sit here waiting on my dinner to be served and enjoying my 18 year old Macallan

Toast
Cask strength or the weak stuff?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

No Johnny Blue?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

I was playing around with the transient enrichment sensitivity and got the throttle to be a little less 'touchy', and now the clutch is a lot easier to handle.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:17 PM
stormcrow

1500hp on the triple, but the double holds 500900hp??

mike, there's your clutch! it holds over half a million horse power!

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Mike,

Toast
Originally Posted by rcdash
Cask strength or the weak stuff?
and here i sit thinking he was talking about a girl...with the last name Macallan.

Last edited by stormcrow; 11-05-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Yeah.... But they told Sharif that with my TQ and stock trans... It could be an issue.... It's good to hear that you like yours.... Chris feels the same
I hope I don't make a TQ curve like yours when I build my engine and aim for big power.<< (a sentence that I never thought I would say) and thank god the HR's don't make as high TQ as the DE's .

Last edited by midz350; 11-05-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:32 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that trq curve can be tuned out. the boost controller can also be adjusted to control how the power comes on. The tune coulda been adjusted so that the carbonetics held just fine.

They know this, but wanna run the car full out. So they have to get a new clutch.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:29 AM
rcdash

^ +1. Mike's happened upon the best of both worlds with this build as evidenced by that torque curve. I'm really jealous and definitely want a ride next ZdayZ! My recommendation would be to get the 1000 whp benchmark out of the way with the current clutch, then get Carbonetics to save some rep on this forum and rebuild his "custom" at no cost to him. The last thing I would want to do with a new several thousand dollar clutch is torture test it on Sharif's dyno.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:48 AM
XKR

I understand what you and Rich are saying....Rich... Sharif tried everything to tame the TQ.....people were asking why is it that on one run I made 598@11 psi and then only 602@14..... There is the answer....

I have seen bigger turbo's than mine spool up.... But never with a bang down this low. I can honestly say that no brand of Carbonetics could hold this setup with psi's over 16. I understand why others were able to get much higher TQ than me and get this clutch to hold.....

Raj...Wish you were there to see what Jeremy and I saw.....
Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by XKR
I understand what you and Rich are saying....Rich... Sharif tried everything to tame the TQ.....people were asking why is it that on one run I made 598@11 psi and then only 602@14..... There is the answer....

I have seen bigger turbo's than mine spool up.... But never with a bang down this low. I can honestly say that no brand of Carbonetics could hold this setup with psi's over 16. I understand why others were able to get much higher TQ than me and get this clutch to hold.....

Raj...Wish you were there to see what Jeremy and I saw.....
Ah well, just a thought. Don't want to see you going through clutches...

I think there's a good chance it will hold on a Dynojet though, all the way to 1000 whp, where it might not get anywhere near that on a DD.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 AM
XKR

Ah well, just a thought. Don't want to see you going through clutches...

I think there's a good chance it will hold on a Dynojet though, all the way to 1000 whp, where it might not get anywhere near that on a DD.
Tell me what you are saying.... Keep the Carbonetics....and do the rest of the runs on DJ??
Old 11-06-2009, 09:07 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by XKR
Tell me what you are saying.... Keep the Carbonetics....and do the rest of the runs on DJ??
I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to try to do a 1000 whp run on a DJ. The try it on the street. If the clutch behaves, then get your money's worth out of it before moving on. Besides, this way you'll have an excuse when I pull off the W at the airstrip.

No guarantees of course. What does Sharif think? He may not want to tune it all the way to 1000 whp on a DJ (and I can understand why!). In which case, you don't have the option...

Last edited by rcdash; 11-06-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM
XKR

I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to try to do a 1000 whp run on a DJ. The try it on the street. If the clutch behaves, then get your money's worth out of it before moving on. Besides, this way you'll have an excuse when I pull off the W at the airstrip.

No guarantees of course. What does Sharif think? He may not want to tune it all the way to 1000 whp on a DJ (and I can understand why!). In which case, you don't have the option...
He ordered the OS Triple....if that cannot get 800+ on dd without slipping.... Show is over people...

Sharif did say that I should run against you in the valet mode he setup for me...car won't rev over 2k....he feels there is no need to win my more than 10 cars.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Aced16

Originally Posted by XKR
Sharif did say that I should run against you in the valet mode he setup for me...car won't rev over 2k....he feels there is no need to win my more than 10 cars.
priceless lol

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1