Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Dynosty: Haltech 350Z Pro Plug-In - OEM ECU Replacement

Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Eno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot more response over here than on driver, that's for sure. Looks like an incredibly innovative product. Props to you guys!

What makes the AT ECU so much more difficult? And is the fact that it's such a small market going to make the development of such a product unlikely?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:41 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

for those of us that already have a haltech unit, is there any other major benefit of going with this version other then the flex fuel capability. I have Haltech + Osiris and I really want the e85 flex fuel capability but I can't justify upgrading.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ITNKICN
A lot more response over here than on driver, that's for sure. Looks like an incredibly innovative product. Props to you guys!

What makes the AT ECU so much more difficult? And is the fact that it's such a small market going to make the development of such a product unlikely?
Main thing that comes to my mind is the fact that the AT have a TCM thats talks to the ECU.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Agreed with rcdash, the OBD discussion should be done offline/PM/over the phone as this topic inadvertently will involve certain legal issues. If you are worried about this topic and are considering purchasing, just call HAL.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 AM
konrad

In New York if you clear a CEL before inspection the computer will fail the inspection since there is no data showing from the obd2. They ususallu tell you that you need to drive 100 miles and comeback. So if the haltech will show not aplicable it might just fail inspection.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 AM
SurraTT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Row2K
Agreed with rcdash, the OBD discussion should be done offline/PM/over the phone as this topic inadvertently will involve certain legal issues. If you are worried about this topic and are considering purchasing, just call HAL.
Talking about it don't change what the ECU can do, if the ECU can fake readiness monitors then it is what it is. Once people get their hands on them itll be "out" anyway.

If i get one ill for sure talk about what it can and cant do. Because im interested in the aspect of VQ swaps and what this new ecu means for that community.

This seems to be what ive been waiting on for YEARS! Im very happy haltech is taking this leap in advancement!

If Hal would like to PM me about the details that's fine, Ive just been wondering about these plug in ecus.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 AM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glex25
Sounds great that's my biggest thing with my state

Sent you a message about getting one for me
I live in the same state as u in fact like 20 minutes from u. I have no cats n have no issues passing. Wen did it get so hard in NJ to pass inspection ?
N Gio u kno wat I'm talking about....

Last edited by 350zion; 01-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM
accordfreak

will there be a trade in program for the old unit?

Will the new box have the same wideband pigtail break outs so I can directly plug in my current haltech wideband controller?

Will I be able to upload my current tuned map config file with the new box?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Glex25

Originally Posted by 350zion
I live in the same state as u in fact like 20 minutes from u. I have no cats n have no issues passing. Wen did it get so hard in NJ to pass inspection ?
No Comment
Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Row2K

I live pretty close to you, see your rolling around Rutherford with your bright red hood sometimes (i think that's u). I have no cats as well but found out the hard way that your OBD2 system must display your cats as READY, otherwise any NJ inspection station will fail you automatically.

Found this out in detail when I tried getting inspected after an Uprev retune at performance motorsport. Those guys decided to turn off my Catalysts readiness test even though I never threw a CEL with my test pipes, this in turn meant my cats displayed as not available vs not ready or ready. So it wasn't until I went back to performance and had them turn back on the catalyst readiness test that I was able to pass inspection. This time with the catalysts showing ready ...even though I have ART pipes...lucky me
Old 01-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Accordfreak-

Discussing trade-in program currently. Nothing in place currently.

The new box has a breakout expansion port, but it does not share the old 4pin connector. The new connector and pins are supplied. You will need to cut your previous 4 wideband wires and pin into new connector.

You can import previous Haltech maps into the new unit. Care should be taken to inspect the rest of the map after importing prior to starting the engine as some new fields exist.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:00 PM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live pretty close to you, see your rolling around Rutherford with your bright red hood sometimes (i think that's u). I have no cats as well but found out the hard way that your OBD2 system must display your cats as READY, otherwise any NJ inspection station will fail you automatically.

Found this out in detail when I tried getting inspected after an Uprev retune at performance motorsport. Those guys decided to turn off my Catalysts readiness test even though I never threw a CEL with my test pipes, this in turn meant my cats displayed as not available vs not ready or ready. So it wasn't until I went back to performance and had them turn back on the catalyst readiness test that I was able to pass inspection. This time with the catalysts showing ready ...even though I have ART pipes...lucky me
I see ur problem, performance motorsport.. That was ur first mistake.. Can't make comparisons with them doing the tune....

But yes I kno Wat ur talking about as far as rediness... I never had an issue with my Haltech n yes I have uprev flashed on it... Pass inspection no problem....
Old 01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Row2K

I see ur problem, performance motorsport.. That was ur first mistake.. Can't make comparisons with them doing the tune....

But yes I kno Wat ur talking about as far as rediness... I never had an issue with my Haltech n yes I have uprev flashed on it... Pass inspection no problem....
Yea, I've learned my lesson with PM. Not going back to that joint, they seemed really nice and professional at first but further customer support.....ohhh boy
Old 01-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SurraTT
Talking about it don't change what the ECU can do, if the ECU can fake readiness monitors then it is what it is. Once people get their hands on them itll be "out" anyway.

If i get one ill for sure talk about what it can and cant do. Because im interested in the aspect of VQ swaps and what this new ecu means for that community.

This seems to be what ive been waiting on for YEARS! Im very happy haltech is taking this leap in advancement!

If Hal would like to PM me about the details that's fine, Ive just been wondering about these plug in ecus.

If you are really interested in it, and are seriously into buying one, just call Dynosty. Dustin will take care of you!

And I agree with other members about the OBDII stuff. If you want to talk about it, start up a thread in the appropriate section. I know I'd be more than happy to share my experiences and opinions on OBD crap/CARB crap there. I just feel it would be inappropriate to discuss that kind of stuff in this thread.

Nearly all aftermarket ecu's for all cars (I haven't seen one that didn't state this) aren't designed or legal for use on California Highways.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 PM
SurraTT

Originally Posted by Resmarted
If you are really interested in it, and are seriously into buying one, just call Dynosty. Dustin will take care of you!

And I agree with other members about the OBDII stuff. If you want to talk about it, start up a thread in the appropriate section. I know I'd be more than happy to share my experiences and opinions on OBD crap/CARB crap there. I just feel it would be inappropriate to discuss that kind of stuff in this thread.

Nearly all aftermarket ecu's for all cars (I haven't seen one that didn't state this) aren't designed or legal for use on California Highways.

Yeah i spoke with him the other day actually!

I was just talking about it because this is the introduction of this product. Only makes sense to have what it can do in here. I dont think obd2 will be a issue for cars running this ecu, thats all that was trying to be determined.

Yeah pretty much all tuning EMS systems are for off road use only anyway.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Row2K

Does this ECU offer anything in terms of traction control ?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dikspiel
for those of us that already have a haltech unit, is there any other major benefit of going with this version other then the flex fuel capability. I have Haltech + Osiris and I really want the e85 flex fuel capability but I can't justify upgrading.
anti-lag
flex fuel (you mentioned)
4 inputs and 4 outputs without having to buy another box
adjust the idle without buying uprev license and having to flash it (cipher doesn't work on 04's and the 850rpms i got out of cipher on mine wasn't high enough)
program CEL as a shift light
no lift shift
multiple fuel pump controls for us guys that don't like the twin pumps both running during cruise
barometric correction
additional fuel and ignition trim tables
boost by gear (not sure how this works since i don't think the oem CAN interface detected gear selection). If it does then great.

For me the inputs and outputs are amazing. That way I can now log and monitor my fuel and oil pressures since neither are included in g35's. I can set up tables to cut boost or whatnot if the fuel pressure drops or if my oil pressure drops. With the outputs you can output anything you want to a gauge for your dash.

staging my fuel pumps would be a huge help for me as well. Twin pumps running all the time heats the fuel up pretty fast and i would rather not wire it up with my generic output with the base haltech.

shift light would also be nice.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Does this ECU offer anything in terms of traction control ?
It has user-definable progressive ignition retard based on wheel slip, coupled with the factory ABS system still working the brakes under heavy traction loss. This is working very well thus far in our testing - it helps maintain traction which is better than the intrusive stock system that just closes the throttle when it detects spin. More may come at a later point if necessary.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 AM
psychoballistic

Originally Posted by Hal@Dynosty
It has user-definable progressive ignition retard based on wheel slip, coupled with the factory ABS system still working the brakes under heavy traction loss. This is working very well thus far in our testing - it helps maintain traction which is better than the intrusive stock system that just closes the throttle when it detects spin. More may come at a later point if necessary.
Between the TC and the OBDII capabilities, I think this is going to be the answer for alot of fighting our ECU's... Is there any sort of ability to change maps on the fly like a UTEC map switch or Pro-efi i-boost switch?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 AM
abushong504

So excited for this!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dynosty: Haltech 350Z Pro Plug-In - OEM ECU Replacement