Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Twin Charging my Z!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 AM
TopgunZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey RUDEG, where are you smartass comments on how im full super full of ****?

Thought so......
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TopgunZ
Hey RUDEG, where are you smartass comments on how im full super full of ****?

Thought so......
Perhaps you should complete your project before you get all hype....
Old 03-27-2012, 07:16 AM
ace32x

Originally Posted by Reality350
this ^. theres going to be numerous kinks im sure once its installed, wait till its up and running before calling anyone out or you may be the one getting
Old 03-27-2012, 07:20 AM
bigcloud

Originally Posted by Reality350
Originally Posted by ace32x
this ^. theres going to be numerous kinks im sure once its installed, wait till its up and running before calling anyone out or you may be the one getting
I think he's talking about when Rude said that he wouldn't do shyt....that this is a dreamer thread...yada...yada. I think he's saying that he is actually going through with it. Albeit if he fails or not. He's doing it....
Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM
TopgunZ

Exactly. He made several comments that this was a Troll thread and I wasnt even doing the build. He never said that this will fail...only that I was FOS and dont even own the kits.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM
ace32x

Exactly. He made several comments that this was a Troll thread and I wasnt even doing the build. He never said that this will fail...only that I was FOS and dont even own the kits.
o gotcha, carry on then lol
Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

I think the easy part of this deal would be the install. Anyone of us could throw a stillen SC on in a weekend and be twin charged. The tuning and making it work together may be the difficult part. But for most of us low end torque is not an issue getting traction because of he torque is The issue for the majority.

Good to see progress though

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 03-27-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:44 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have no need to twin charge. My turbos are full spool by 3krpm. Adding a SC would just throw a rod. That's my main concern with this thread and the stock motor, that the engine pops on the dyno or soon thereafter and contaminated oil ruins everything including heads and the turbo. Cost to rebuild too great, dream dead. if the budget is there why not build it now instead of risking everything. if the budget is not there then, well..

Last edited by djamps; 03-27-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 AM
TopgunZ

I get semi annual bonuses. The first paid for my turbo kit. The second will fund my lower end cost. But I want to see if this even works and is something to keep on the car first. If it isnt then I wont need to build the engine and run that ST at a safe level for my stock block.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I honestly thought about trying twin charging... Can't afford it basically was the end decision. Can afford a custom turbo system... barely... maybe... Heads are getting machined tomorrow... where are those magic car gnomes that put your sh*t together for you overnight when you need them?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:00 AM
dj lizard

djamps and the others said it. with a build this great a built engine is a must....
The concept of twin charging a z is awesome... it worked on multiple cars why not the z...
I love the idea so much but it's not my cup of tea as they say. but again build the engine
to cut down the cost of try to decrease the intake pressure which eventually will be
a waste of money and time and will go down the sink by the time you start thing about
doing a full build.

anyway good luck, hopefully we can see the thing up and running.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dj lizard
djamps and the others said it. with a build this great a built engine is a must....
The concept of twin charging a z is awesome... it worked on multiple cars why not the z...
I love the idea so much but it's not my cup of tea as they say. but again build the engine
to cut down the cost of try to decrease the intake pressure which eventually will be
a waste of money and time and will go down the sink by the time you start thing about
doing a full build.

anyway good luck, hopefully we can see the thing up and running.
Ive seen 517 on a stock block, yeah they knew it would blow, but a hell of a lot of r n d came of it.

Last few post, waste of space.

So easy to install a Stillen and powerlabs. Most of the naa sayers dont do their own.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 AM
TopgunZ

Yeah. I dont think some people know the complexities of installing BOTH systems to run them together. Its not like you just put one on..then the other. I have had to reroute and remount so much shyt and build so many custom brackets, you have no idea.

So if you can do it in one weekend then you must be able to predict the future. There isnt any way possilbe you can know what you will need until you are ballz deep in a project like this.

I was driving my car up till last friday so the fact that I am where I am makes me feel accomplished.

Im giving up a lot for this build. The last weekend I could go snowboarding was this coming one and I have 2 free tickets for Eldora. Granted the snow sucks due to the high temps but still....girls are riding in bikinis!

Last edited by TopgunZ; 03-29-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Ive seen 517 on a stock block, yeah they knew it would blow, but a hell of a lot of r n d came of it.

Last few post, waste of space.

So easy to install a Stillen and powerlabs. Most of the naa sayers dont do their own.
The F:T build where they blew it up on the street the first time out? If that is the build then I see no R&D in what came of it.

Gord ran almost a year at power above that on the stock block. If you are lucky to hero pull one pass on the dyno and then never push the car on the street it will last. I've seen shops first hand pull off turbo intakes and bump timing for the hero pull to print a dyno sheet and then dial everything down to give the car to the customer to make it "safe". I was stupid and fell for this... NEVER AGAIN
Old 03-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. I dont think some people know the complexities of installing BOTH systems to run them together. Its not like you just put one on..then the other. I have had to reroute and remount so much shyt and build so many custom brackets, you have no idea.

So if you can do it in one weekend then you must be able to predict the future. There isnt any way possilbe you can know what you will need until you are ballz deep in a project like this.

I was driving my car up till last friday so the fact that I am where I am makes me feel accomplished.

Im giving up a lot for this build. The last weekend I could go snowboarding was this coming one and I have 2 free tickets for Eldora. Granted the snow sucks due to the high temps but still....girls are riding in bikinis!
WOW, giving up two boarding weekend for a build... that is a sacrifice

Blow a motor and rebuild like many of us here and then talk about sacrifice.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

LOL Uhm i think everyone knows just what would have to be done. This is why you do not notice any OG's of the board posting in this thread! It is counterproductive on a stock block. But honestly GL anyways
Old 03-29-2012, 07:50 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cass007
The F:T build where they blew it up on the street the first time out? If that is the build then I see no R&D in what came of it.

I've seen shops first hand pull off turbo intakes and bump timing for the hero pull to print a dyno sheet and then dial everything down to give the car to the customer to make it "safe". I was stupid and fell for this... NEVER AGAIN
Ryan Williams 2006 RevUp Greddy TT

ran 476 ish daily...hight boost 517

ran for about 15K miles. Would or ran more if it wasnt so made at the supra that kept handing him his azz. LMAO!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 03-29-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:10 AM
TopgunZ

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
LOL Uhm i think everyone knows just what would have to be done. This is why you do not notice any OG's of the board posting in this thread! It is counterproductive on a stock block. But honestly GL anyways
I am just saying that the statement about how anyone can just throw this together in a weekend is false.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:02 AM
ace32x

this
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

LOL

I pretty much traded my life for this build.

Quick Reply: Twin Charging my Z!