Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Twin Charging my Z!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:31 AM
TopgunZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL

But the OP goal is just to make a twin charged car, not once did he say 1200 hp or even 900 hp.

Its not a waste of time and money and if you smartazzes support him, maybe we can have another option and grow this community even further.

Lets suppot the OP and get this done! lets stay ontopic and support the build for once without the drama

This is what I was trying to say!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i for sure wanna see this done. we all know what a standard powerlab power curve looks like, so it will be pretty easy to quantify the gains from the compounding.

I say just close this thread and start a new one when you are completely finished and tuned.

That way there is no dreamer hate and they story can be completely told at 1 time. I think the biggest negative reaction to threads like theses are the "well i'm gonna do this and that..." and months later, nothing is done.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:06 AM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ive supported him and told him to do it. only thing i told him to do is build the engine first because he will make wayyyy more power then he thinks, but he also already did the math to figure out what he needs to run both systems at to make the rough area power he is looking for.

and you really need to pay attention to some of my other posts do i have a 1000hp 350z? hell no dont even want it currently but i HAVE owned several fast cars in which ive done all the work myself, my drag car i even built the suspension myself out of thick wall tubing and heim joints. there are people on this forum who have little experience on this platform but ALOT on others.

and the mustangs are running 8 psi supercharger and about 14 turbos just a fyi, not under 10 im not attacking you with anything dude but just saying people do have experience on other platforms.

like I have stated before, there is not ONE person in this thread with REAL WORLD compound experiences, yet so hard and knowledgable on how much power you can put down and all.

The mustang post a few post back stated very low boost SC and very low boost Turbo, both under 10psi, yet combined it made 30+psi. I would say, from all of your post on boost etc, that 500rwhp can be had without even trying AT THAT AMOUNT OF BOOST. But the OP goal is just to make a twin charged car, not once did he say 1200 hp or even 900 hp.

Its all you power hungry fools, thinking about all the money you dropped just get 600hp or 700hp ok a few 900hp+, so you think his effots is a waste of time and money.

Its not a waste of time and money and if you smartazzes support him, maybe we can have another option and grow this community even further.

I just shake my head at all the Pros on here that dont own shops, are not millionairs from their ideas, or have made 1000rwhp.

Str8 is about the only person ill seriously listen too, thats only because he tells it to me straight and is man enough to say when he doesnt know or have had experience. The rest of this entire forum are so prideful.

Lets suppot the OP and get this done! I have yet to see a shop, that supposidly is so good on Vqs, do a twin charge! Its it too hard for you, not worth your time? Then dont waste your time here being a NA say-er. Yet other non-nissan focused shops have done it. So what gives? Not every one is focused on 1200hp. I would say there is more VQ knowledge here, and this group can do a better job twincharging a VQ? NO?

lets stay ontopic and support the build for once without the drama.... thats like asking a nympho to keep it in his/her pants during Daytona Beach Spring Break Weekend, I know. LMAO!

Im not stabbing at anyone or shop, so dont get all butt hurt by my post. Im just stating that all the education on this platform can aid in something new and dif for once. We all have Greddys, APS, Tubonetic, Powerlabs, Vortechs, Stillens, Nitros, Meth, Co2, and JWT, lets add to the flavors? NO?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

HOLY ****!

TWIN SUPERCHARGED OUT OF GTM!

http://www.*******.com/forced-induct...er-system.html
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

**** = t_h_e_3_7_0_z
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 AM
TopgunZ

I think *******= myg37

But holy *****! 120k rpms? I wonder how that sounds...
Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if you want twin superchargers
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl.../photo_02.html

considering it only weighed 3000 lbs with a iron v8 in it and now has a aluminum v8 and damn near gutted prob pretty rediculous having almost 1200 hp on the street lol. ran low low 10s first pass ever too
and my favorite example since its so over the top lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQpsQe-v1Y

=P

Last edited by jerryd87; 03-20-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by jerryd87
ive supported him and told him to do it. only thing i told him to do is build the engine first because he will make wayyyy more power then he thinks, but he also already did the math to figure out what he needs to run both systems at to make the rough area power he is looking for.

and you really need to pay attention to some of my other posts do i have a 1000hp 350z? hell no dont even want it currently but i HAVE owned several fast cars in which ive done all the work myself, my drag car i even built the suspension myself out of thick wall tubing and heim joints. there are people on this forum who have little experience on this platform but ALOT on others.

and the mustangs are running 8 psi supercharger and about 14 turbos just a fyi, not under 10 im not attacking you with anything dude but just saying people do have experience on other platforms.

yeah, man, so not talking about you. all your input was very informative. I didnt know about the compounded boost factor.

I seriously might go this route next build.

debating on the 4.0 block being built from the pathfinder. Its a factory stroker so why not use that. lol. Also trying to get my hands ona 3.8 litter from a very known car. wink wink
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

yeah, man, so not talking about you. all your input was very informative. I didnt know about the compounded boost factor.

debating on the 4.0 block being built from the pathfinder. Its a factory stroker so why not use that. lol. Also trying to get my hands ona 3.8 litter from a very known car. wink wink
good luck with a vq40 block. I couldn't find enough info on 35/40 head block combo for me to feel safe to try it. a vr38 would probably be better stock than a built vq40
Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 AM
ace32x

just put the m56 motor in and slap a vortech on it >
Old 03-21-2012, 05:20 PM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Resmarted
good luck with a vq40 block. I couldn't find enough info on 35/40 head block combo for me to feel safe to try it. a vr38 would probably be better stock than a built vq40
Saw 700rwhp TT kit. Path shortblock, vq heads. I hear it could of took more, xyz shop did the build and yielded at 700rwhp despite the customer asking for more
Old 03-26-2012, 06:25 AM
TopgunZ

Bumper fits around all this. Turbo, pipes and oil pan spacer are all in. The stillen IC is just zip tied up to test fitment but will get mounted to the air to air with homemade brackets.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 03-26-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:36 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

think there will be an issues tuning this type of setup?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think if anything, it will be difficult to keep boost levels down to stock motor levels. Hopefully it can be made up for with timing retard, ect. Actual tuning shouldn't be too difficult with a blow thru MAF if the tuner knows what he's doing.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:26 AM
TopgunZ

Found out that Tial has a wastegate spring that goes down to 4lbs. So with that and my current pulley I should be at a compounded boost of 13. I will take the small (or big) 6lb pulley with me and if i get too much output then I will put that on and see how tame i can get it.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:40 AM
4SHIZZIL

compound interest like money...you will be more like 18psi. lol

might want to add an additional BOV or waste gate after the FMIC if it it gets too high... might need to bleed off quite a bit. I say add a 6ps waste gate for the intake pipe to ensure low boost, but who knows how much that Stillen is going to make with forced feed compressed air being thrown down its throat. lol

well done. the power laps is a beast so it should force feed the shizzil out of that lil eaton.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Saw 700rwhp TT kit. Path shortblock, vq heads. I hear it could of took more, xyz shop did the build and yielded at 700rwhp despite the customer asking for more
You want to link me to this info?

I seriously searched this and think I even made a thread on here related to this.

Although 700whp on a dynojet vs dyno dynamics are two completely different animals, I want to hear more about this.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 AM
4SHIZZIL

compound interest like money...you will be more like 18psi. lol

might want to add an additional BOV or waste gate after the FMIC if it it gets too high... might need to bleed off quite a bit. I say add a 6ps waste gate for the intake pipe to ensure low boost, but who knows how much that Stillen is going to make with forced feed compressed air being thrown down its throat. lol

well done. the power laps is a beast so it should force feed the shizzil out of that lil eaton.
after thinking about this, my waste gate idea is flawed and makes little sense.

you will need to find out the max relief on the Stillen side BOV/Waste gate. I have very little knowledge on how the stillen discharges air, especially on decell, but I do know the Vortech BOV is about 18.5 psi for its max. I would bet the stillen is somewhere close like 15 to 20.

so removing it and adding a waste gate at like 12-13, 14 psi might work. ????? dunno???? !!!!!

man this is one crazy puzzle. But first step is to get it all plumbed up, then see where you have boost related issues....if at all.

but default I would monitor psi before and after the stillen some how. If those springs are cheap on your turbo waste gate.... and you hit a 10psi spike on the turbo... boomb goes the stock block.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 03-27-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:45 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Resmarted
You want to link me to this info?

I seriously searched this and think I even made a thread on here related to this.

Although 700whp on a dynojet vs dyno dynamics are two completely different animals, I want to hear more about this.

PM sent
Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 AM
TopgunZ

after thinking about this, my waste gate idea is flawed and makes little sense.

you will need to find out the max relief on the Stillen side BOV/Waste gate. I have very little knowledge on how the stillen discharges air, especially on decell, but I do know the Vortech BOV is about 18.5 psi for its max. I would bet the stillen is somewhere close like 15 to 20.

so removing it and adding a waste gate at like 12-13, 14 psi might work. ????? dunno???? !!!!!

man this is one crazy puzzle. But first step is to get it all plumbed up, then see where you have boost related issues....if at all.

but default I would monitor psi before and after the stillen some how. If those springs are cheap on your turbo waste gate.... and you hit a 10psi spike on the turbo... boomb goes the stock block.
Yeah I was thinking the same. Anywhere I could put a pressure release valve of any sorts would be before the stillen and that pressure is going to be the minimal amount anyway.

Quick Reply: Twin Charging my Z!