Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

BUDGET Turbo Project- Started

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 04:54 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

I will be driving it tomorrow if my cable I got in the mail works for my LC-1 so I can data log and adjust the tune
It was drive-able with the TN tune without me making any adjustments
Old 03-17-2013, 03:41 AM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
I will be driving it tomorrow if my cable I got in the mail works for my LC-1 so I can data log and adjust the tune
It was drive-able with the TN tune without me making any adjustments
Awesome , def in for the overall outcome after you tune it. Can you just tell me exactly what you bought separate whether it be parts you didn't use from the kit due to quality or fitment and or additional parts you needed to get the car to where it's at ? I'm thinking of going your route on my 03 possibly and would just like to nail it on the head first time around ... Thanks man much appreciated and good luck today with the data log . Lastly how hard is it to tune the utec would you say? User friendly ? I never tuned but understand how it works and would love to do things the way you are doing them ... Yourself .
Thanks again !
Old 03-17-2013, 02:14 PM
iideadeyeii

I bought a different china brand wastegate so I could boost less.
I had to buy 2 exhaust clamps because the spot welds broke on them from the kit.
Titanium heat wrap
Oil filter sandwich plate
Oil pan spacer with fittings
Utec
550cc injectors

The cable I got was a 3.5mm to usb and I need a 2.5mm to usb.
I went to radio shack and all they had was 3.5mm to 2.5mm(mono) so I need to order another cable or an adapter
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 AM
iideadeyeii

Lack of updates due to not having the correct cable(just came in the mail today and hopefully it works because I needed to buy a few serial cables before I found one that worked with the utec)
Also we got about 5-8" of snow last night. It should be melted in a couple days

Sidenote- Bought a CF hood off a member here for cheap($150). Wet-sanded it down over the weekend. This is how it looks like wet after about 4 hrs of sanding 220grit

Name:  cfhoodpainted_zpsb11ba6fa.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  52.3 KB
Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM
NOLAGG

Lack of updates due to not having the correct cable(just came in the mail today and hopefully it works because I needed to buy a few serial cables before I found one that worked with the utec)
Also we got about 5-8" of snow last night. It should be melted in a couple days

Sidenote- Bought a CF hood off a member here for cheap($150). Wet-sanded it down over the weekend. This is how it looks like wet after about 4 hrs of sanding 220grit

Why can't I ever find deals like that lol ... Nice hood awesome price .... I want to boost my car the affordable way like you .... Car has 92,xxx miles runs great .... But is throwing a cylinder misfire code and I don't m ow what is going on it throws the code 2 times I changed the plug and switched the coil out with cylinder one ... And still the same code I don't get it .... That along with the sound of someone kicking my block when the car is idling is stopping me from doing so .... I'm stumped ... Not your problem but I'm typing off the dome right now lol ... Do you have any idea by any chance ? Sorry to get off topic And also any other updates or the snow is still bad
Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM
3fidzhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

220? Are you trying to remove all the clear and re clear the hood?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:53 PM
iideadeyeii

Originally Posted by 3fidzhr
220? Are you trying to remove all the clear and re clear the hood?
All the clear has been removed(it was yellowing). I'm going to work my way up to 1000ish and re-clear

@NOLAGG do a compression test

Last edited by iideadeyeii; 03-20-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 PM
NOLAGG

Any updates ?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:21 AM
iideadeyeii

Got the cable to hook my wideband up to my very old laptop running winxp(need to for winxp hyperterminal for the utec) I get a bluescreen everytime I try to log with UTI. I'm probably going to reformat the computer and go from there. So no real updates
Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the cable to hook my wideband up to my very old laptop running winxp(need to for winxp hyperterminal for the utec) I get a bluescreen everytime I try to log with UTI. I'm probably going to reformat the computer and go from there. So no real updates
While UTI is nice, I had nothing but issues with getting it to work properly and just settled on the stock hyperterminal setup in the end.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 AM
iideadeyeii

Originally Posted by Quamen
While UTI is nice, I had nothing but issues with getting it to work properly and just settled on the stock hyperterminal setup in the end.
I need something to log my LC-1 and my utec at the same time. There is the mps utec logger I can try also, but I do not have the turboxs wideband controller so I just can't log with the utec software(nor do I want to)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 PM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates? How much boost are you running? What kind of whp you putting out?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 PM
iideadeyeii

No real updates.
Make a type-rs to rlf flange plate and replaced BOV with a replica Turbo-xs RFL.(WHICH SOUNDS FKIN AWESOME)

Laptop sucks and blue screens with a usb error when trying to connect to my LC-1 and my Utec.
Bought some aftermarket headlights that I had to return due to angle issues, so I can not drive at night. Ordered a different set. If these don't work I'm going to get a stock set.

Instead of reformatting my computer since it doesn't even hold a charge my friends is going to let me borrow his this week and maybe I can finally get some logs to adjust this horrid map. Tn 550cc map. Which is pretty good for regular cruising, but idle goes from 14-17 and low rpm wot goes from 9 to redline 12.5 so its way too rich at low rpm and lean at high.

Last edited by iideadeyeii; 04-15-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: FKIN AWESOME
Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 PM
soulblade xv

iideadeyeii,
I am doing the same swap. Except with upgraded bov and wastegate. In what order should i do the piping to make it fit? If you could do it over again, where would you have started? Overall great thread and good information.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:59 PM
NOLAGG

Originally Posted by soulblade xv
iideadeyeii,
I am doing the same swap. Except with upgraded bov and wastegate. In what order should i do the piping to make it fit? If you could do it over again, where would you have started? Overall great thread and good information.

Where are you getting your kit and how much are you getting it for ... How many miles are on your car?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:05 AM
sracura

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where you at in Germany?

Originally Posted by soulblade xv
iideadeyeii,

Last edited by sracura; 04-21-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:29 AM
soulblade xv

I am in wiesbaden. I wanted your APS twin kit but you wouldnt budge lmfao. Anyways, the kit cost 1500. Had it shipped to my familys house so that i could get it here. Its on its way now. Anyways, mine has 94,000. will be rebuilt once i get back to the states. Im tuning with uprev (got the cable today). IM not trying to take away from his thread....I'll be making my own DIY build when the kit comes in. Sracura, why do you want a single kit anyways? If i had more money i would have went twins haha. Not knocking single turbo because i bought one, but yea haha.

Last edited by soulblade xv; 04-24-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:47 AM
iideadeyeii

Stop hi-jacking my thread brah!

Haha j/k

Hopefully I'll start logging this weekend. I'm on my third cable and second laptop trying to get my LC-1 to connect up to my laptop in conjunction with the utec
Old 04-27-2013, 11:56 AM
soulblade xv

oh okay. What about the pipping? In what order do you recommend i do it in? Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
iideadeyeii

http://turboneticsinc.com/forum/turb...icsinstman.pdf

I should have read over this when installing, but it pretty much tell you everything you need. Just make sure the wastegaste pipe is bolted to the downpipe before installing or you will have to take it all apart to install it.

All my v-band exhaust flanges leaked. They sell v-band flange gaskets, but I didn't want to take it all apart to install, so I just used furnace cement which works, but looks awful and was a pain to reach every place.

Quick Reply: BUDGET Turbo Project- Started