Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Motordyne Iso Thermal Plenum Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by black350
with what number do i get a hold of you guys? i called 661 993 5111 and i got a lady and her two friends...i have some questions i would like to ask over the phone, thanks.
Thats my cell number. When the reception is poor it transfers the call to the land line. You can try again any time.

Tony
Old 09-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Tony,

I reviewed the posted installation manual, but did not see any instructions on the copper isothermal option. It appears that both heater hoses are reconnected to the new copper plate? What happens to the old hose connection points? Are the old hose connection points on the manifold or on the TB? Between the bypass valve and the copper isothermal option, which one reduces IM temperature the most? If I just want the plate between the IM and the TB, would I order Item #2, Polarized Copper TB heater for $50? Forgive me if you have already answered these questions. Thanks
I just finished the Copper section of the installaiton manual. I'll have it posted shortly.

The old connection points are from the plenum itself.

If you live in a cold area, the Copper will reduce the temperatures much more than the valve because the valve must be opened below 55'F. Unless you live in a warm environment, overall, the Copper has the greatest performance advantage.

If you live in a warm place like California or Florida, the CCV will keep it a little cooler because it totally shuts off the heat.

If snows is a seasonal and regular thing in you area get the Copper.
If snow is extremely rare like it is here in Ca. Get the CCV.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:40 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hydrazine - I sent payment for the GB via paypal, but unfortunately they moved the GB thread to the vendor group buy forum, which in effect locked it for the rest of us to post on. Any approximations on when we're going to see a list of who has paid and who hasn't? I sent you a PM but I'm assuming your inbox is FLOODED with other questions and junk at the moment.

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2005, 01:50 PM
the7ferret

FOr us who are getting the copper tb plate do we really need the thermal paste?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:01 PM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony,

Would it be possible to just purchase the valve from you?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by taurran
Hydrazine - I sent payment for the GB via paypal, but unfortunately they moved the GB thread to the vendor group buy forum, which in effect locked it for the rest of us to post on. Any approximations on when we're going to see a list of who has paid and who hasn't? I sent you a PM but I'm assuming your inbox is FLOODED with other questions and junk at the moment.

Thanks!
LOL yes its true my inox and phone line are jammed right now. I've been getting a lot of people with the same problem not being able to post in the GB section.

The GB list isn't really necessary though. For anyone who wants to get the spacer or Iso set up just do everything but put you name on the list.

I'll get you hooked up the same anyways.
Tony
Old 09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by the7ferret
FOr us who are getting the copper tb plate do we really need the thermal paste?
No not really. Its just one of the little technical details I like to take care of.

I always take the little details into account when it comes to engineering.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Tony,

Would it be possible to just purchase the valve from you?
Got SSV?

Give me a PM through the Motordyne website.
Toyn
Old 09-26-2005, 02:44 PM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Got SSV?

Give me a PM through the Motordyne website.
Toyn
I must not have 'SSV' since I don't know what that is. Sent you message through website.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:07 PM
TiPIACE

BTW,
Important announcement! The Iso Thermal system works on every engine, but the plenum spacers do not work on the 05 6MT "REVUP" engines.

I did pre/post testing of a plenum spacer on the revup engine and it did nothing. The test was fully controlled for all variables so I know the results are true.

Needless to say, I was disappointed in the results. This made me a little mad and I decided I wasn't going to leave it at that. So I set out to find a way to make power on the "REVUP" engine.... And its a good thing it worked out that way because I did indeed find a way to make very, very, very good NA gains on the "REVUP" engine. Details on this will be released in a different thread not too long from now. I'm working on production logistics.

I'll get you REVUP guys Reved up soon.
looks like im out of the GB.....bummer
Old 09-26-2005, 07:35 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by TiPIACE
Your time will come. I kind of wish I had one of the new 300hp motors now. They look like they might very well have better potential than the 287hp variety.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:42 AM
the7ferret

you can still get the ISO thermal solution just not the spacer.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:48 AM
jct

See below.

Last edited by jct; 09-28-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:52 AM
jct

No not really. Its just one of the little technical details I like to take care of.

I always take the little details into account when it comes to engineering.
Tony:

Details, Details. I just reviewed the portion of the installation instructions pertaining to the Copper TB Heater and I am confused.

From what I have read here and the pictures, I anticipated some plumbing to run from the coolant hose to the Copper TB Heater. But, the installation instructions make no mention of any hose connections on the Copper TB Heater. In your pictures, the upper plenum appears to have hose connections at the bottom near the throttle body mount. Is this a matter of unplugging hoses from the upper plenum and plugging them into the Copper TB Heater? (If so, how are they secured and does anything need to be done to cover the open fittings on the upper plenum?) Am I mistaken or is this an oversight?

Also, the installation instructions do not describe the orientation of the Copper TB Heater in relation to the throttle body. Are the prongs on the Copper TB Heater (that look like hose connection fittings) facing down, or what direction when installed?

Please advise (and possibly revise the installation instructions). Thanks.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

the installation instructions make no mention of any hose connections on the Copper TB Heater. In your pictures, the upper plenum appears to have hose connections at the bottom near the throttle body mount. Is this a matter of unplugging hoses from the upper plenum and plugging them into the Copper TB Heater?

Thats exactly how its connected. Simply unplug the plenum hoses and plug it into the copper TB heater with the same orientation on the connections.

Thank you for the feedback! I will clairify this in the installation manual.

(If so, how are they secured and does anything need to be done to cover the open fittings on the upper plenum?)

You don't need to cover the plenum plugs. Its only about a 3" flow path through.

Also, the installation instructions do not describe the orientation of the Copper TB Heater in relation to the throttle body. Are the prongs on the Copper TB Heater (that look like hose connection fittings) facing down, or what direction when installed?
Please advise (and possibly revise the installation instructions). Thanks

Yes, the hose nipples go in the same orientation as seen on the plenum. Updating the manual now! Thank you!

Tony
Old 09-28-2005, 10:26 AM
jct

^^^ Thanks. (Sorry for the stupid questions.)
Old 09-28-2005, 03:05 PM
TiPIACE

Originally Posted by the7ferret
you can still get the ISO thermal solution just not the spacer.
thats true, but id rather remove the plenum only once, so ill wait to see what Tony comes up with, and fit the gaskets/ccv with that piece

so what will it be for the rev-up plenum Tony, an angled spacer? Any technical info on why the plenum spacer doesnt work?
Old 09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
oggie

Tony, as part of the group buy, is it possible to have the items shipped via USPS instead of FedEx as they have a service charge and duty for bringing the goods from the States into Canada? If so, what would it cost (for Toronto, Ontario)? In addition, I have a 2005 G35x that has a 280 HP engine, would I see performance gains with the spacer kit similar to the 04's that have a 260 HP engine? Please advise. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Tony,

I'm curious - what is the basis for the 55º air temperature that is the cutoff for needing TB heating or not? I live in LA where we do get a lot of days with temperatures below 55º. We also get a lot of days with temperatures in the 80's and 90's.

I would like to have as little extra heat going into my airflow as possible so I'm concerned about using the copper plate. But I'm also concerned about using the valve because when it is open, the stock configuration of water through the plenum neck heats it as well as the TB.

I'm trying to figure out what the lesser of the two evils is. Do I want to heat the small TB in the summer unnecessarily or heat a fair chunk of the plenum as well as the TB in the winter.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 09-28-2005, 08:15 PM
islandsnow

Is there still a group buy for the thermal gasket? Tony are you going to have another dyno install day?

thanks!

Quick Reply: Motordyne Iso Thermal Plenum Spacers