Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Hostetler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^cxlighting on ebay

I have had mine installed since March of this year..so far so good..I think it sounds better since it is made of stainless rather than titanium..you dont get that "tin" sound that the HKS gives after a few thousand miles...best bang for the buck as in sound and looks...HP gains are questionable i have not done a dyno tune with it yet...I will be throwing the car on the dyno within a few weeks..so we will soon find out.

Last edited by Hostetler; 08-23-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 AM
KBurn

Does anyone have the exhaust from timereaction? it looks like the tips are nicer than the one from cxlighting.

heres a link:
Ebay link

thoughts?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:18 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

^ buy it and try it and let us know..
Old 08-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KBurn
Does anyone have the exhaust from timereaction? it looks like the tips are nicer than the one from cxlighting.

heres a link:
Ebay link

thoughts?
Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
^ buy it and try it and let us know..

I ordered it. I'll post a review when it comes.

Last edited by Hexxus; 08-24-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 AM
KBurn

Originally Posted by Hexxus
I ordered it. I'll post a review when it comes.
Awesome! im thinking about ordering. Let us know how this one is because from the pictures the tips look very nice and it says that they are titanium. Cxlighting's only say "Ti burned look"
Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
xxRayzor

pending how sound/reliability is, ill probably order it too...
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

i have the x02 ebay wonder-exhuast as well. Actually, It wasn't the CX lightning...it was nother guys version... I think it was Godspeed... I would stay away. Go XO2.

Was it cheap? yes indeed.
Did it fit? Not really great.

100 bucks at a local Midas... heat bent one tube to get the cans and tips to sit straight. Tips suck too, but look better the dirtier they get actually .

Power is good, but I have an issue somewhere in my car causing terrible gas mileage and lack of power... maybe o2's....so I cant really tell. Loud? yeah. No rasp, and Its got a reasonable drone ( i dont like it tho) at 65 mph in 6th gear ( fwy driving)

Interestingly enuff, at high rpms without your foot on it ( as in, driving down the road at a steady 4k, not flooring it to accel)...... its silent?! Like real quiet.... so if your in CA and see a cop, just down shift a little while you drive by. All in all, i think the best sound Ive heard on a Z is w a full plenum, HKS, and HFC's... but all in all, its not bad. Now if I had it to do again, I'd get Nismo..or do stock exhaust w test pipes... just sounds more like stock and I LOOOVE the stock exhaust sound. But for 600 bucks altogether, Im happy w what I have now... and it looks cool thru the back of my ground effects kit.

oh btw, I have TONS of digi pics of the fitment issues as I asked for some money back ( never got it), so Im down to email em if ya need to.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
IsDatIt

I also bough CXlighting's exhaust a while ago...about more than a year....mine was fine....then i decided to powdercoat it black....

i would HIGHLY recommend welding a magnaflow x pipe inplace of the H pipe.....brings the vq sound back...and with test pipes=SEX....

here is a vid of the x pipe and Stillen HFC's(HR)(now i have Fast Intentions Resonated Pipes)

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i25.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/sergioakakobe/P3100018.flv">
Old 08-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Hexxus

I'll be coupling mine with the AAM 2.5" VQ35HR test pipes I ordered today on top of this exhaust, so I'll try to throw in some sound clips once I get it on. Shouldn't take long to get it up on the lift and get it installed. Did anyone else's come with gaskets or did you have to reuse your factory gaskets?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:00 PM
xxRayzor

anyone know if this one is just as good as the cxlighting one? i was looking at the one by timereaction but the listing is gone right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...ht_3466wt_1163
Old 08-26-2009, 12:30 AM
KBurn

So me and Rayzor went to timereaction's store in Chino and picked up 2 exhausts, each for $310. The fitment was pretty good but we had a pretty hard time getting the alignment straight on the Y pipe. Other than that im comepletly satisfied for only paying $310. The sound is somewhat quiet until you step on it and its a nice "tuned" exhaust note. Its exactly what i wanted, doesnt attract cops but sounds kind of exotic.

Im not sure how the tips compare to Cxlightings but i think the ones we got are a little more blue. The welds also look very clean and overall id reccomend this exhaust. I still have to correct a little exhaust leak but Rayzors went on without a problem.

Heres some pics of it, ill get some more tomorrow on it on my car and some sound clips.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

LoL at rainbow socks.............

rainbow??

oh dear

-J
Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
xxRayzor

RASTA socks, mind you hahaha

or kenya if you want.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:31 AM
zev51104

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought the CX exhaust last week and waiting for it to get here monday. In my opinion, and it is only that, is that you should get what ever the hell you want for your own car. Rather than going out and dropping $1200 for the HKS, I could very well just buy 3 of the CX brand. I'm not gonna do this for obvious reasons, but the fact remains that the exhaust is cheap, and maybe not AS good as the HKS, but pretty damn close I'm sure. There are enough posts everywhere on the web that atest to this. At least i know that if I do have issues, I didn't spend a huge amount on the thing, and I can just put the stock exhaust back on. The CX sounds good, looks good, is at a good price, and above all gives you good results. Must be a good exhaust.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Hexxus

Originally Posted by KBurn
So me and Rayzor went to timereaction's store in Chino and picked up 2 exhausts, each for $310. The fitment was pretty good but we had a pretty hard time getting the alignment straight on the Y pipe. Other than that im comepletly satisfied for only paying $310. The sound is somewhat quiet until you step on it and its a nice "tuned" exhaust note. Its exactly what i wanted, doesnt attract cops but sounds kind of exotic.

Im not sure how the tips compare to Cxlightings but i think the ones we got are a little more blue. The welds also look very clean and overall id reccomend this exhaust. I still have to correct a little exhaust leak but Rayzors went on without a problem.

Heres some pics of it, ill get some more tomorrow on it on my car and some sound clips.

Good and to the point review! Mine should be here August 31st. Timereaction shipped it out the next day after I bought and paid for it and had my tracking number right there with it. I recommend these guys. I also got my test pipes from Altered Atmosphere, and Jon was a fantastic salesman. He shipped them Monday and they showed up Wednesday, and the welds and quality are spectacular.

Last edited by Hexxus; 08-27-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 AM
fabre80

Ok guys so which is the good exhaust to get out of these copies and from what seller on Ebay?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Hexxus

I also forgot, Kburn, if you could please elaborate on the fitment issue you had with the H-pipe?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 AM
KBurn

Im almost certain CXlightings exhaust is the same one we got from TimeReaction. We just went with them because they allowed local pickup and it saved up like $75. Buy whichever one youd like, the CXlighting/Timereaction X02 is already proven.

We had trouble getting the Y pipe to stop leaking where it connected to the cats. Im not sure exactly why it took so long but i still have a leak. We put Rayzors on right after mine and it went on perfectly, no leaks or anything. Its just going to take a little more time aligning it to get it right, its nothing major.

Last edited by KBurn; 08-28-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
ricolagio

IT's look awsome!!. , is it the original bumper? Or any other styles?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive had mine for several months now its perfect. Looks and sounds incredible. I did take the tips and sand off the fake "burnt look" so now my tips are just completely shiny/polished.

Quick Reply: Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed