Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Post here only if you have had your TRANNY replaced.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:20 AM
Fluid1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tekwon-V
no. nothing. i am assuming everything looked ok :-P but from what i've read, it looks like i got the "standard procedure".

Well, did you read what happened to me, about 4 posts above this one?
Old 07-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Tekwon-V

yea i read it. my dealer didnt say anything about me having to purchase things to "get it done." it's only been few days but i am happy with the swap. everything is working ok for the time being.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Fluid1

Where on the paperwork does it state that you actually got the 009 tranny? I'd like to know where to look when I go pick my car up. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Tekwon-V

it saids it right on there... 32010-CD009. cant miss it. mine clearly shows "30100-CD019 Disc" too for the clutch disc.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Fluid1

I got it, and mine also is a 009 for sure. I'm happy.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Miko

During my oil change I went underneath the trans to look for some stickers displaying the version, but I couldn't see any. Are they wayyy towards the front of the trans, or?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
NA350Z

Guys, I didnt do change my tranny oil at 30K, I now have 35K on the car do you think they'll give me hell about changing the tranny b/c my tranny oil wasnt changed? I think Im getting the 2nd gear grind. It never grinded before, Ive been driving stick a long time, its not me. Seems lately like everytime I try to do a hard pull and I go to 2nd it grinds, not slightly either. . . its blood pressure driving, hair raising, eye openening long. Can someone please please help me out, *** Nissan sucks *****, they told me the Z has never had tranny problems from what they know. Who the hell are they kidding.

Last edited by NA350Z; 07-25-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:38 AM
alpine

Originally Posted by NA350Z
Guys, I didnt do change my tranny oil at 30K, I now have 35K on the car do you think they'll give me hell about changing the tranny b/c my tranny oil wasnt changed?
First of all, they are not likely to request your maintenance records in order to determine servicability of your trans, put sure it's possible.

Also, you are NOT required to perform those services @ a nissan dealer, so you COULD say you did have the tranny serviced elsewhere.

There is a KNOWN problem with the trans, so they really don't want to put up a fight about the potential lack of maintenance on the trans.

There must be a service bulletin on this, from Nissan, that you can obtain and present to your friends at ***.

that's my .025
Old 07-26-2006, 11:07 AM
RevLimitZ

Default I love my dealership!!!

So I finally gave my mechanic a call today to ask him what I needed to do about my tranny (grinds going in 6th). I figured I would have to bring it to him at the dealership, let someone drive it, set and appointment.....and so on. He let me describe the prob to the engine/tranny guy and he asked for the last 6 #'s of my vin. After that he said: Alright, I'll put in the order for a new tranny, it should be here within a week, two at most. We'll need you to leave it w/ us for a couple days and you'll be set. He's also gonna fix the annoying clicking sound from the axles, too. I couldn't be more pleased. No arguing, skepticism, accusations, etc. just a straight forward "We'll get you a new one" without even bringing my car to them first. I'm stoked!!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:15 AM
alpine

This is great, this was similar to my experience with Performance Nissan, but I was fortunate, they had alrady ordered in a couple trans, and I was taking care of that very next day.

As far as the lovely clicking sound from the axels, i've been through that before, and I am up for another one as we speak.

I'm trying to find out if there is something official about that, anyone got anything on that?

I don't think this should be considered a NORMAL maintenance item....

thanks!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:01 PM
RevLimitZ

I was told it was a nut (or bolt) located on or around the axles that weren't properly tightened, er torqued down to specs from the factory. Stupid robots. The mech. said it was a pretty easy fix, but it didn't sound like a maintenance item to me, just a one time thing.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:29 PM
alpine

Originally Posted by RevLimitZ
I was told it was a nut (or bolt) located on or around the axles that weren't properly tightened, er torqued down to specs from the factory. Stupid robots. The mech. said it was a pretty easy fix, but it didn't sound like a maintenance item to me, just a one time thing.
Negative, that is not the case, as this has happned 2 times to be now.

More than likely there is a design problem here, or there is some maintenance factor that needs to be added due to either "wear-n-tear" which may be exagerated due to my 400+ RWHP and others with similar HP...
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 PM
gNaRKiLL

Originally Posted by DESINRZ
Got mine changed back early 2006 with 30,000 miles on the car.

Grinded into 3rd gear almost everytime.
2003 Track model.
Hits Perfect ever since, drives like a beauty,

Future Nissan of Roseville CA
(Because of the high rate of tranny replacements, Nissan now sends service Reps to inspect whether or not to replace your tranny, GL!!)
I dont think this is true in most cases I know for a fact they didnt do this in my case and I am having a new one put in right now, they just called the tech line and they said it sounded like the tranny was bad.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM
azsupratt

Quick question Are only the Manual tranny's the ones that are going bad? i read a few pages but really didnt want to read all 40+ Are auto tranny's needing to be replaced also or just manny?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:54 AM
alpine

not that this is a FACT or anything, but I personally haven't seen/recall anything about auto trans being affected.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:50 AM
mista350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dealer replaced mytranny with a brand new one at 25k. no questions asked. I came in said tranny feels weird, can you check it....they called me a few hours later and said we ordered you a new tranny should be here in a few days. come back for installation. everything will be covered under warranty.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
alpine

Sweet!
Old 07-27-2006, 12:55 PM
gNaRKiLL

Just got my car back today, is an 03 with 25k.

New tranny
NEW CLUTCH -ALSO FREE, I was shocked cuz I didnt even ask
Fixed clunking in front end
and pretty sure they took out a bit of the oil to make my oil pressure normal which is fine cuz it was excess.

Overall very pleased with their customer service and the car feels completely different in a good way much quieter. They said Nissan will send me the paperwork in a few weeks<---is that normal?

Dealership was Hall Ford and Nissan in Lewiston, ID nice people to work with.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL
Just got my car back today, is an 03 with 25k.

New tranny
NEW CLUTCH -ALSO FREE, I was shocked cuz I didnt even ask
Fixed clunking in front end
and pretty sure they took out a bit of the oil to make my oil pressure normal which is fine cuz it was excess.

Overall very pleased with their customer service and the car feels completely different in a good way much quieter. They said Nissan will send me the paperwork in a few weeks<---is that normal?

Dealership was Hall Ford and Nissan in Lewiston, ID nice people to work with.

Did you get the 009 transmission or the 008? Also, did you get a whole clutch kit, or just the clutch, and not the pressure plate?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 AM
gNaRKiLL

Originally Posted by Fluid1
Did you get the 009 transmission or the 008? Also, did you get a whole clutch kit, or just the clutch, and not the pressure plate?
I wont know for sure until I get paperwork from nissan but im sure they replaced clutch and pressure plate because the pedal feels completely different. As far as which tranny Im sure its the newest one but Ill let you know when I get the paperwork.

Quick Reply: Post here only if you have had your TRANNY replaced.