Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

2007 350z turned off mid u turn wont start!! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 08:00 AM
Calebdoyon98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 350z turned off mid u turn wont start!! SOLVED!!!!

Hey I am new to this forum, in search of help with my 07 350z! I was driving a few days ago and forgot something at my house. I made an aggressive U-turn (didnt break traction) and all of a sudden my engine turned off with no warning. I immediately turned my car off, and pushed it out of the road. I tried to restart the car and it only turns over quickly, (tried again later with battery unplugged for 2 hrs) doesnt get any fuel. My friend thinks it is the key transponder, because when the key is in the ignition the red security light on the dash stay red. The fans also come on full blast when the key is on. Previous to this problem i had a check engine light on for my test pipes. Now my friends code scanner is comepletely unable to communicate with my car. I have had 4 mechanics look at my car to no avail, this is my only car any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I spent 3hrs scrolling through forums online searching for answers but none of those solutions have helped me. ALL fuses have been checked

Last edited by Calebdoyon98; 02-06-2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Solved
Old 02-03-2018, 11:04 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

It would help if we knew more about your Z. Like miles, and whether you're the first, second or ?? owner. Have you done the simple things like making sure the power connections in your car are clean and well-fastened?
Old 02-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Calebdoyon98

It currently has 144k miles and I'm the third owner. I checked all the connections i could with limited tools, my mechanic has check over everything connection/fuse wise. I installed a cold air intake the day before this issue happened, double checked that MAF sensors went in the way the came. Drove the car 3 hours total after the cai install before she quit on me. No vaccum leaks, and still no idea why she wont start.
LSD from A/T
stage 3 clutch
light flywheel
Header-back dual exhaust
CAI
aftermarket headlights

Also have 2 amps, 8 speakers and 2 subs running but they've been installed for 3 months with 0 issues.

Last edited by Calebdoyon98; 02-03-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:24 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

As you might have guessed, you problem is likely an electrical issue. It's hard to believe that you can't pull any codes, unless your ECM has failed. What does your multimeter say the charge on your battery is at?
Old 02-03-2018, 11:12 PM
NissanZcrazy

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you by chance over oil the CaI filters or are they dry filters?.You can always try unplugging both mafs and seeing if it'll start.When you turn your key on can you hear the fuel pump priming?Do you have a second key you can try?.Your friends code reader won't communicate?.Has he tried it on another vehicle to verify it does work properly?.Did you check all of your fuses with a test light and/or voltmeter or did you just pull them
Out one by one?Usually the cigarette lighter fuse/12v power pointblows causing a no communication in most vehicles.Never checked to see if that's the case with the Z though.Hope this gets figured out soon for you.I know how much it sucks not being able to drive your car around!.Good luck man
Old 02-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Calebdoyon98

My friend works at mechanic's shop, his dad also is still stumped and they tried 2 of their code scanners on my car to no avail.
The Battery is relatively new still and had a full charge. Spent an hour going over fuses with a voltmeter and unfortunately the dealership only gave me one key. Only choice I have is to get her towed to the closest Nissan dealership $$$. Ill update once i get my car back.. fingers crossed.

Last edited by Calebdoyon98; 02-04-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:57 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by NissanZcrazy
Did you by chance over oil the CaI filters or are they dry filters?
This. I'd start by reinstalling your factory intakes to see if the problem goes away.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Calebdoyon98

So the nissan tech said two wires rubbed eachother and never specified which ones. When those two wires touched he said they arced and shorted the ecm, which made my NATS forget the programming to my key and keep the immobiliser on. 208$ i walked out the door with a running car.

so.... the car runs great last night and while im driving today, The SAME problem happens again. Waiting on tow truck to take me to nissan right now. So upset
Old 02-06-2018, 01:43 PM
Calebdoyon98

Update just got my car back again. From where the cold air intakes were installed, the MAF sensor on the drivers side was facing straight up. Every time enough torque was applied the MAF would touch the hood of the car, arc, and blow fuses! They tilted my sensor and there are no more problems!
Old 02-06-2018, 02:50 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Calebdoyon98
I installed a cold air intake the day before this issue happened, double checked that MAF sensors went in the way the came.
Originally Posted by Calebdoyon98
Update just got my car back again. From where the cold air intakes were installed, the MAF sensor on the drivers side was facing straight up. Every time enough torque was applied the MAF would touch the hood of the car, arc, and blow fuses! They tilted my sensor and there are no more problems!

Last edited by zakmartin; 02-07-2018 at 09:21 AM.