Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

****Any Christains on here??!***

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:54 AM
wild121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I1DER
He never stated that. It's all conjecture. There are 11 pages of posts all about religion in a regional forum not set up for this purpose. This should be in a sub-regional forum no more than a discussion of FI in the religious forums.

Sorry, this seems to be a moderator failure. They may have their religious reasons for letting it happen and even banning people to prove their point. I'm stymied.

I'd like to hear some logical answer so we can guess what the rules are in the future. Seems like a reasonable request for a reasonable moderator.

Yeah his post was a little confusing there I guess he was questioning the placement of the thread. When i read it over the first time it seemed like he was saying their shouldnt be a thread on religion at all. My bad.......

Not too sure about over here bc i spend a majority of my time on g35driver but there are tons of threads that should be in other places that are never changed. Is wrong, right or indifferent I don't know but I think that if he wanted to post a thread on this he should be able to.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:56 AM
wild121

Originally Posted by Tubbs
Not at all. And that's real life. Sorry.

who is to say what is real and what isn't real. Let's say God does exist wouldn't that make him real?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 PM
wild121

So if I were a betting man I had to bet there was a God what would be my choices.

I could believe that God exist and he does exist and I go to Heaven
I could believe that God exist and he doesn't exist and be wrong
I could not believe in God and he exist and I go to hell
I could not believe in God and he doesn't exist and be right.

Out of all of those choices I would rather believe in God and either be wrong or go to heaven than not believe in God and go to hell or be wrong. if i'm wrong what is the worst that could happen.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:13 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

^ if he dosen't exist then when you die, as we all know you ar burried and thats it!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
wild121

But what if he does exist and you bet that he doesnt then you go to hell. I would much rather be wrong than go to hell.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by wild121
So if I were a betting man I had to bet there was a God what would be my choices.

I could believe that God exist and he does exist and I go to Heaven
I could believe that God exist and he doesn't exist and be wrong
I could not believe in God and he exist and I go to hell
I could not believe in God and he doesn't exist and be right.

Out of all of those choices I would rather believe in God and either be wrong or go to heaven than not believe in God and go to hell or be wrong. if i'm wrong what is the worst that could happen.

The worst that can happen is you believe in the WRONG god. Being an egotistical *****, he'll damn you (after all, you should know what the right religion is). When all is said and done, I bet the Mormons have it right.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 PM
wild121

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
^ if he dosen't exist then when you die, as we all know you ar burried and thats it!

okay and if he doesn’t then I’m wrong big deal...but if he does exist and I don’t believe then the consequences are much more serious.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:23 PM
wild121

Here is another one for you...

Lets say you have a clock, one of those big ones and you open it up and look inside and what do you see. You see all the gears and cogs, and sprockets and the stuff that makes it keep time. So then you wind it up and you look at all the internals and you wathc them move in sequence and you think to yourself someone must have made the clock and put it in motion. i.e. clock maker.

If you put that same scenario to life. You go outside you look in the sky and you see the sun, the moon the stars and planets and you look at the moon go around the earth the earth go around the sun. Then you see mercury, Venus and just by looking at the organization of the planets you must think there must be a greater "clock maker" i.e. God. That there is some greater being that put this into motion.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 PM
tquill

Here is another one for you...

Lets say you have a clock, one of those big ones and you open it up and look inside and what do you see. You see all the gears and cogs, and sprockets and the stuff that makes it keep time. So then you wind it up and you look at all the internals and you wathc them move in sequence and you think to yourself someone must have made the clock and put it in motion. i.e. clock maker.

If you put that same scenario to life. You go outside you look in the sky and you see the sun, the moon the stars and planets and you look at the moon go around the earth the earth go around the sun. Then you see mercury, Venus and just by looking at the organization of the planets you must think there must be a greater "clock maker" i.e. God. That there is some greater being that put this into motion.
Don't get me wrong. I believe in God wholeheartedly, but that's not a good argument for people who don't believe in God. They will argue that it happened naturally, without anyone's help.

I believe in God but I don't believe he is out there "makin the planets move" either. He did something even better and more astounding. He created the laws of science before hand and it is through that science the planets made themselves through natural events.

Everyone first needs to get it straight that there most likely will not ever be evidence that proves or disproves His existence.

That's what makes it faith. If there were proof, then it obviously wouldn't take any faith.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Biochem7
Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say if Jesus doesn't exist and there is no God it would make for a pretty sad world and thats a world I don't want to live in. Thats why I have faith.
I agree with you. That's why I think some people that appear to have everything, money, fame, women, etc. are never happy (e.g Elvis). They always feel like something is missing in their life.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
wild121

Originally Posted by tquill
Don't get me wrong. I believe in God wholeheartedly, but that's not a good argument for people who don't believe in God. They will argue that it happened naturally, without anyone's help.

I believe in God but I don't believe he is out there "makin the planets move" either. He did something even better and more astounding. He created the laws of science before hand and it is through that science the planets made themselves through natural events.

Everyone first needs to get it straight that there most likely will not ever be evidence that proves or disproves His existence.

That's what makes it faith. If there were proof, then it obviously wouldn't take any faith.

So you are saying God made the laws of Gravity but hs is not moving the planets? Isn't that the same in one. If I create something to move something else I created doesnt that mean I moved that something. (sorry just a quick edit.)

Every Cause has an Effect.

Everything that exists has a cause. However, there must at some time have been a cause prior to all other causes. This 'prime mover' or first cause is necessary to explain existence. This first cause is God.

Think of the expanding universe, which has been proven. The universe is expanding everyday we know this because the universe is speeding up and getting bigger. Lets say we move backwards in time back to step one the being that put the fist motion in the universe we can call GOD.

Last edited by wild121; 08-09-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
wild121

Originally Posted by tquill

Im not just saying that the universe is like a clock. But that there is a design to a clock much like the universe and if there is a design a greater being must have designed it i.e. GOD.

what does Naturally mean is there not orginazation to nature and if there is organization to nature does that not mean that there is an organizer.

Last edited by wild121; 08-09-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:34 PM
wild121

I agree with you on one thing, however. No one can proove God exist, You have to take it by faith.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

wow. i have been off the forums for a while and didn't even notice all the drama that was going on. i guess i will throw in my two cents.

yes, I am a Christian too. I have no problem professing that to anyone and I'm proud of it. that said, I do have to also agree that there is a time a place for everything. there are two things that historically have led us all down the paths of war and destruction... political views and religion. those two topics bring out the best of us and the worst of us.

since this is a car forum, it's easiest to maintain things by sticking to cars. we can easily say, this post is okay or not okay since it is or isn't related to cars. understanding that there are other topics the members of this site may want to discuss, the leaders have setup the off-topic areas and other sections. these would be the best place to direct posts non-related to cars. i don't think anyone here is saying a given religion is right or wrong. rather, simply suggesting that posts should be appropriately directed to the right section.

i mean come on. i have seen people get flamed for posting topics regarding wheels or tires in a wrong section. or posting them in multiple sections to get more answers. that said. do people in this forum post off-topic things in Mid-A? Absolutely, all the time. Should they be? I would say not. I would say let's be consistent across the board. Post car stuff in a car forum. Or if the Mid-A section is meant for car-related and off-topic posts, then I would say anything is fair game. Or perhaps have an off-topic area under mid-A. or whatever.

either way, i think we should all be consistent. if we are busting ***** on not having religious posts here because they are 'off-topic', then bust ***** when someone posts something like "selling my nintendo". cause that is no more car-related than a religious or political post. i have seen tons of those kind of posts here. i say keep the discussions to cars, and car-related matters. so sell threads about car parts are cool, but sell threads about nintendos, or Wii, or stuff like that should be pushed. either that, or just open the forum to whatever. all i'm saying is let's be consistent.

Now before anyone takes anything i said personally, I'm not trying to call anyone out or say anything negative about anyone. I am guilty (shame on me) of posting off-topic things here myself. So it applies to me as well. I'm just trying to say that since we have all identified a potential problem, let's all agree on a consistent solution. And if you don't already know, I love all of you!!! Muahahahaha!

Last edited by ROGUELITE; 08-10-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:00 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lol!

Originally Posted by bugsbbunny
I'm sure "4-Shizzil G-Spot" does... do you even know what that means? Or did you pick it out of an episode of Making the Band on MTV?
Making the band..hmm I think thats a show for kids, right? LOL. comes on right after bugsbunny! LOL.

Im just messing man. I dont take this stuff to personal. Life is great...believe what you want or not.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

okay and if he doesn’t then I’m wrong big deal...but if he does exist and I don’t believe then the consequences are much more serious.

The flames of hell will accomodate me perfectly to make delicious pit beef sandwiches and barbeque ribs.

If "heavan" and "hell" exist why can't you mapquest directons to them?

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 08-10-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:20 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If "heaven" and "hell" exist why can't you mapquest directions to them?
Dude this doesn’t deserve commenting on.lol

Like what was said above... Id rather error on the side of safety than destruction.

You don’t build a 800RWHP 350z and say forget upgrading the brakes.

You add bigger injectors to reduce high air/fuel ratios not increase HP with more air and forget the extra fuel.

You believe in things you can explain. If you believe in science, so be it. without science a lot of maybe dead now. Including myself.

However, like what was said above....who created science?

Most of the Biblical artifacts are discovered by non-believers. Back to my 1 with a thousand zeros of probability... non believers found the scrolls that predicted Jesus birth, death, and the name of the man who killed him. To me that just cant be explained, no matter what or who you believe in.

That is simply amazing that science carbon dating found that scrolls that outdate most things on earth had writings’ that are identical to the Old Testament that predicted the life and death of Jesus.

Simply none of us, thus far, regardless of our beliefs can explain such acts? If so please chime in. I’m waiting to hear a valid explanation. That’s the problem.. Our brains are unable to image such an act. Just like a 45,000HP car! Why not, we have 30,000lbs of thrust F-15 engines, why not cars? The thought is not explainable.

Just like the thought of God.....unexplainable. that’s like trying to count the number of water molecules in the Atlantic Ocean!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Dude this doesn’t deserve commenting on.lol

If either one were real place or actually existed we'd know about it. As far as I know the only thing that is up in the sky is space (no heaven) and down underground is layer after layer of solid rock, water, sand, etc...

The Bible to me seems like a story book written by a close group of people way back when, who says it all wasn't written on scrolls and later made into a "Bible"? If that were the case then anything from scrolls that matched the old or new testament would just be a sham or coincedence. Devoting your life and donating your hard earned money to something like this just sounds ridicculous.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Biochem7
Regular

If either one were real place or actually existed we'd know about it. As far as I know the only thing that is up in the sky is space (no heaven) and down underground is layer after layer of solid rock, water, sand, etc...

The Bible to me seems like a story book written by a close group of people way back when, who says it all wasn't written on scrolls and later made into a "Bible"? If that were the case then anything from scrolls that matched the old or new testament would just be a sham or coincedence. Devoting your life and donating your hard earned money to something like this just sounds ridicculous.
I hate to tell you this, but we don't know everything there is to know in this world let alone the universe. The OP is saying there are a lot of facts to back the bible.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:12 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

i support your war of terror!!!

Quick Reply: ****Any Christains on here??!***