Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

****Any Christains on here??!***

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Biochem7
Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shabba2
And therein lies one of the most maddening things about your religion: it is NOT all inclusive.

Let's say that I die tommorow and there IS an afterlife (and ftr, I think this idea is silly and utter horse****). Do you really think that your god would send me to damnation because I didn't believe in it? Were my 32 years of relatively good living (notice relatively) overshadowed by the fact that I did not bow down and serve (believe) in something that made little sense to me?

Well, if the answer is yes, then you can have it. I don't want to go somewhere like that where the leader is an arrogant ***** because guess what? The idea of a vengeful god is just that: an arrogant, egotistical, self serving deity. Who wants that? Not me.
In no way is God arrogant or egotistical. In the past, I let my pride rule my life. I used to think that great things only happen because of my own abilities. I think back now at my teenage days, and I firmly believe that a higher power has kept me alive and guided me in the right direction.

You are right, you don't have to go anywhere or believe anything. Whether you accept him as your savior or not, know this: God does love you.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:45 AM
kbomb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And therein lies one of the most maddening things about your religion: it is NOT all inclusive.

Let's say that I die tommorow and there IS an afterlife (and ftr, I think this idea is silly and utter horse****). Do you really think that your god would send me to damnation because I didn't believe in it? Were my 32 years of relatively good living (notice relatively) overshadowed by the fact that I did not bow down and serve (believe) in something that made little sense to me?

Well, if the answer is yes, then you can have it. I don't want to go somewhere like that where the leader is an arrogant ***** because guess what? The idea of a vengeful god is just that: an arrogant, egotistical, self serving deity. Who wants that? Not me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's say that if you were to die and if you meet God. If you didn't believe in God and even though you heard about him but did not acceppt him, why would you want to be in an afterlife with him?
Wouldn't that be kind of like a "Hell" for you to spend enternity with someone you didn't believe in.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Biochem7
No one is damned. Some people are just unaware. Being Christian doesn't mean you get membership into an exclusive club. As long as "you" believe that Jesus died on the cross for you, that's all that matters.

I don't even believe there WAS a Jesus.
Biochem7
Regular

Originally Posted by danielwebb
I'm not even gonna bother to state my religious preference but I will say this. Christians are like gays (ha should get some reaction outta that one), they're fine until they start trying to be in your face with it then they get out of line. And to be honest I see more christians than any other religion doing that (except maybe those crazy a$$ jehovas)
I don't like in your face Christians either. You shouldn't have to scare somebody into believing.
Tubbs

In no way is God arrogant or egotistical. In the past, I let my pride rule my life. I used to think that great things only happen because of my own abilities. I think back now at my teenage days, and I firmly believe that a higher power has kept me alive and guided me in the right direction.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Biochem7
Regular

Originally Posted by kbomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's say that if you were to die and if you meet God. If you didn't believe in God and even though you heard about him but did not acceppt him, why would you want to be in an afterlife with him?
Wouldn't that be kind of like a "Hell" for you to spend enternity with someone you didn't believe in.
Have you looked around the world lately? Why wouldn't you want to spend eternity with someone who has done nothing but love you.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Biochem7
Regular

Originally Posted by Tubbs
Then you're going to hell...just kidding

I'll keep you in my prayers Tubbs.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Tubbs

Have you looked around the world lately? Why wouldn't you want to spend eternity with someone who has done nothing but love you.

See, my perceptive of God is absolutely, completely different than yours. And therein lies the communication problem.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Conceyted

I love how so many people actually believe that they *know* "god" and exactly how he is and works. This stuff cracks me up. If there is a god, and it's worth noting that I do not believe there is, I am pretty sure no one on this earth has "met" him. Stop being his mediator and let him speak for himself.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Conceyted
I am pretty sure no one on this earth has "met" him. Stop being his mediator and let him speak for himself.

He gives us signs like Jesus on a piece of toast, and on a dog's ass. What more do you want?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, I'm pissed now.

I was BANNED for 'trashing' this thread. it's obvious that this thread is not at all on topic anymore and I haven't been posting so why was it only me? I get fucking singled out and banned for what. what a ****ign joke this place is.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
kbomb

I was just replying to what shabba said that it would be a "Hell" for him if he were to spend eternity with God.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Motormouth
ok, I'm pissed now.

I was BANNED for 'trashing' this thread. it's obvious that this thread is not at all on topic anymore and I haven't been posting so why was it only me? I get fucking singled out and banned for what. what a ****ign joke this place is.

I got banned too.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:55 PM
kbomb

Sorry you got banned Motormouth.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I honestly dont care. I have like 10 other sites I jump between and not to mention a forum for my car club the only thing that pissed is I had just completed a transaction and was waiting for tracking numbers, so I was annoyed.

I just don't like to be singled out. I sortof deserved the ban cause I was being a dick... as I posted in this thread. I was acting like the people I was railing against.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Integrity
Banned

Its a fact that Jesus of Nazareth was a real person. Aside from the bible, there are other historical texts that verify his existance. Whether or not he was the son of god is debatable, if he existed is not.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Integrity
Its a fact that Jesus of Nazareth was a real person. Aside from the bible, there are other historical texts that verify his existance. Whether or not he was the son of god is debatable, if he existed is not.

How? Where?

The only "evidence" I saw was that jesus was a character stolen from older religions.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Integrity
Banned

How? Where?

The only "evidence" I saw was that jesus was a character stolen from older religions.
Jewish historian Flavius Josephus and Roman historian Carius Cornelius Tacitus both reference Jesus Of Nazareth.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Integrity
Jewish historian Flavius Josephus and Roman historian Carius Cornelius Tacitus both reference Jesus Of Nazareth.
Who wrote about Jesus 70-100 years after Jesus died?

And again... Christ from Krishna...
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen047.html
Old 08-08-2007, 01:21 PM
kbomb

tubbs,
just curious about what do you believe in?

Quick Reply: ****Any Christains on here??!***