Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Nitrous Basics Thread, read here if you want nitrous for the first time....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:55 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I think someone should elaborate on programming the dynotune window switch, the instructions given are crap. I'm trying to search, but there are a lot of threads in the nitrous section
Old 07-21-2008, 08:57 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 3kgtslflip
I think someone should elaborate on programming the dynotune window switch, the instructions given are crap. I'm trying to search, but there are a lot of threads in the nitrous section
Assuming you have everything wired correctly, here are the numbers you should use:
1: 000
2: 000 (depends on if you want to use gear lockout or not)
3: 04.0 (depends on when you want to begin spraying)
4: 06.0 (depends on when you want to stop spraying)
5: 00.0 (depends on if you have a second set of solenoids)
6: 00.0 (depends on if you have a second set of solenoids)
7: 002
8: 04.7 (depends on what your actual WOT voltage is)

How's that?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:17 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Assuming you have everything wired correctly, here are the numbers you should use:
1: 000
2: 000 (depends on if you want to use gear lockout or not)
3: 04.0 (depends on when you want to begin spraying)
4: 06.0 (depends on when you want to stop spraying)
5: 00.0 (depends on if you have a second set of solenoids)
6: 00.0 (depends on if you have a second set of solenoids)
7: 002
8: 04.7 (depends on what your actual WOT voltage is)

How's that?
Lol, perfect! After reading around, i actually started reading the zex installation instructions, it helps a lot, the tps and traction controls instructions with the dynotune instructions paint a better picture, but what you gave definately will help myself and others!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:36 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

For those who are installing window switch and/or throttle position sensor, refer to my post here:
https://my350z.com/forum/5729247-post13.html

Hopefully, it will clear up some confusion on where to tap (notice the word tap, don't cut the wires).
Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 AM
ZRuggernDC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ya folks,

So I dropped my car off yesterday to get an entirely new engine back exhaust setup and a ecu flash and had an interesting converastion that totally discouraged the use of nitrous in my car.

Heres what I want to do:

Nitrous Express 75 shot with all the little features they have to offer through NX coupled with a UTEC. Still trying to put together the total system to throw in but generally this isn't a bad idea is it?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:36 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

What exactly did they say? Nitrous, when done properly, is not detrimental for your engine. There's no need to worry.

Do some research on the matter and decide for yourself, though. That's the only way the information will stick in your head anyway. Spoonfed answers are mostly opinions or personal methods. Find the information you need and determine if it is indeed right for you.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:20 PM
madwi

seeing that this looks like the dont bash the noobs thread....ill ask.
When you use 1 step colder plugs...does this have any effect on normal everyday driving?
I did read in this thread that A) copper and iridium plugs are the ones to go for and B)their life is shorter than normal, is this the only drawback to them?

I dont think I saw how long they usually last on average. I know there are a lot of variables that play into it but id like to get a ball park figure if possible.
I have no intentions of spraying anytime soon. Im just curious.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
mikez97

i wanted to do like a 25 shot?
Old 08-29-2008, 08:48 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by madwi
seeing that this looks like the dont bash the noobs thread....ill ask.
When you use 1 step colder plugs...does this have any effect on normal everyday driving?
I did read in this thread that A) copper and iridium plugs are the ones to go for and B)their life is shorter than normal, is this the only drawback to them?

I dont think I saw how long they usually last on average. I know there are a lot of variables that play into it but id like to get a ball park figure if possible.
I have no intentions of spraying anytime soon. Im just curious.
No, it doesn't affect your normal daily driving.
Go for copper, nothing else.
Their lifespan is shorter and you lose very slight (unnoticeable) power.
Originally Posted by mikez97
i wanted to do like a 25 shot?
Is that even a question? If you want to do it, then do it. If you're going to go with such a small shot, why not just look into intercooler kits or something? BTW, nice avatar.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys i have a turbo xs utec, and a zex wet kit #82021, i am about to be putting it in, i have read about the utec being able to control a nitrous systems, with tps and what not, i just don't understand how and does this mean i do not need the zex tps anymore thats in the kit?. Also i do not have any gauges or anything, what should i invest in to get the most out of this kit. and be safe.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:49 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Search throughout the Nitrous sub-forum and read the necessary threads and you shouldn't have to ask those questions. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:04 PM
tylerxfire

trust me i have been searching for hours, i am just basically wondering about the utec and how that works with nitrous and what it can really do. and if i will still need all the components in my nitrous kit or if the utec will replace the tps in the kit, just don't see how it all works.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:30 AM
robbiesZ

this is for all of you nitrous noobs......

If you read this WHOLE thread and you read EVERY post, you will learn quite a lot. i didnt know jack nor sh!+ about nitrous but just from this Thread alone ive been able to answer all my questions. and here is what they were..

1. How much of a shot can i run "SAFELY" on a stock block.
2. Would i need to upgrade my fuel system for nitrous?
3. Will i need to upgrade my plugs?
4. Which plugs should i upgrade to?
5. How do i get the nitrous to engage when i want it to?
6. Do i need to get a tune if i get nitrous?
7. What kit is best?
8. What safety precautions or products should i invest in?
9. How hard or easy is the install?
10. What size shot should i run? ( and on this one.. god damn does your mom pick out which clothes you wear everyday?? if your that incapable of independant thought you need to sell your car and ride the bus its alcohol injected and turboed that should suit you just fine.)
11. How long does a 10lb bottle last for?
12. Do i need a utec?
13. Do i need dry or wet kit?
14. How much does ("whatever you interested in buying") cost? (its called GOOGLE DUMMIES)
15. Do i need to upgrade my internals? (if you have the money for that get FI)
16. Can i switch tunes while driving from NA to nitrous?
17. What A/F is optimal while under nitrous load?

WOW. HOLY SWINGING MONKIES BATMAN ALL 17 OF THOSE QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED JUST IN THIS THREAD ALONE....

So if your one of those posters that just read the last page of this just take time save dignity, and our time and just read this WHOLE thread... the only question that didnt get answered is my 18th one

18. If my traction control system isnt shut off and i lose traction will that mess up my motor... (but see this is where my logic and independant thought comes in to play) i was successfully able to conclude that (by driving my car when TCS kicks in, the fuel is cut and the RPM's drop thus if you have the TPS or UTEC would realize that the RPM's are not at WOT) no it shouldnt cuz of the features included in the kit and safety measures are taken cuz after all we are all logical independant thinkers and dont need others to our thinking, all we need other people for is to teach us what they know that we do not so we can all make our own EDUCATED AND RATIONAL DECISIONS.

IMHO if your asking some of these lame brain questions that the reply to them is to search or research, then you should just leave the modifcation you are looking to do alone and go by a pinto and hope the flint gas tank spikes a speedbump and relieves all of us other memebers on this site just that much more frusterated.

I am not an educated man when it comes to modifying a 350Z (i have all these "noob" questions too but also im not lazy and dont like my answers to be spoonfed personal opinions from just one or two people. how about call a nitrous dealer/ and or installer and talk to them about your worries or needs. its thier job and they get paid to deal and handle the folks with the lesser ability to think on thier own.

OH this is a large post sorry but someone needed to say it.
So i did

IM OUT!!!!

Zac
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

^ I'm not sure if some of the last parts of your post was necessary.

As for your 18th question, I'm not exactly sure. Your hypothesis is only partly right. The ECU detects WOT by a voltage, not by RPM - otherwise, you'd only spray at your redline and nowhere else. So if your output voltage is 5 (or somewhere around there), then it's WOT so your nitrous will engage, assuming you have the TPS.

Because the TPS will activate the solenoids, your nitrous will spray. However, I'm not exactly sure where the fuel cut off happens when you hit the rev limiter, TCS, or VDC. If the fuel is cut somewhere before where you tapped for fuel, then only nitrous will spray into the engine and hurt nothing. If the fuel cut off occurs after the place where you tapped for fuel, then fuel will still spray (along with nitrous) but the car won't have enough fuel (the regular amount/pressure) and will instantly go lean - then boom.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 AM
robbiesZ

agreed its a bit excessive at the end but as a noob to nitrous myself its damn frusterating to read ignorant posts by lazy people. wastes my time as a noob looking for answers and wastes the time of those higher educated on the subject to type something in, (cuz 3-5-0 you know that if you didnt post most of your "use search" posts those are the type of people that just keep bumping or reasking the same damn thing.. just my Army mentality i guess i dont like questions made by dumb people. (since there are no such thing as a dumb question!)
Old 02-20-2009, 01:42 PM
JZK

haha you guys are such bullies. xD :lol:
Old 02-22-2009, 02:31 PM
foreveryoung

With a ten pound bottle,how long will it last with a 100 shot.I mean how many seconds if it was on til the bottle ran dry.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Nobody knows. Nobody with any bit of common sense runs it until the bottle ran dry. Not to mention that the jet size is dependent on the various companies' measurements, the bottle will lose pressure as it empties, what the initial pressure was, etc.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM
white_sg

Ive been lurking here in the nitrous forum and reading up instead of running out and getting a kit. I didnt want to start a new thread could some info be shed on aftermarket clutch/flywheel with using nitrous? Such as what you guys are running and what is know to withstand and what is not. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by white_sg
Ive been lurking here in the nitrous forum and reading up instead of running out and getting a kit. I didnt want to start a new thread could some info be shed on aftermarket clutch/flywheel with using nitrous? Such as what you guys are running and what is know to withstand and what is not. Thanks.
search button is your friend im sure theres gobbs of info..

Quick Reply: Nitrous Basics Thread, read here if you want nitrous for the first time....