Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:11 PM
MikeNT256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Lee-
No offense I am NOt trying to be a dick here man

you need to learn how to push the car you have NOW, let alone with TT.
Get some instruction and track time under your belt, THEN get the power as you can handle it....

Trust me this goes against EVERYTHING about me, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Then again I drive more with ***** then brains!

Jeez-Those wheels ar Sex by the way!!!
What tire you gonna throw on them??
True story. AJ can seriously drive the **** out of this thing. I have video of it LOL.

I'd say the Z is set-up EXTREMELY well stock for suspension. And, we live in the flattest region in the country. No need for suspension other than tracking the car.

If anything, i'd do what Car & Driver (or was it Motor Trend) where they compared 2 turboed Z's, against 2 supercharged Z's and finally 1 NA Z with only rear diff gearing changes, and the NA Z beat every car around the track.

Or, a single turbo to make this linear car even better with a little oomph!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 AM
Jonny Boy

Originally Posted by mekatoka
Nice ! Congrats. Now show us some of your motorcycle track videos with that camera
You can count on it! Let just hope there are no accidents in the process. Thought I also read that you had a bike?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:56 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by Jonny Boy
You can count on it! Let just hope there are no accidents in the process. Thought I also read that you had a bike?
Yes, I have one but its a plain sport bike (07 Ninja 650). Initially when I got it wanted to go the track and give it a try. But the following year I bought the Nismo and decided that track days in car were relatively safer than on bike Eventually, I do plan to get a Ducati sometime in the next 2 years.

I am still interested in learning to drag my knees. Unfortunately none of the folks I know owns a motorcycle. So I use my bike to commute to work and put on about 6-8K per year. It was the same case with car but then I found you guys here

And yeah ..... be careful out there on the track with your bike

Last edited by mekatoka; 02-17-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:16 AM
MikeNT256

Speaking of the GoPro setup's,

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/g...loits-top-spe/
Old 02-17-2010, 10:03 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
Seems interesting but seems to be missing some crucial things such as 60fps for action sports as pointed out by the comments below the article For track days though I would rather spend that money towards a data acquisition system than something like this.

A camera like this would be helpful for other action sports like skiing, parachuting etc.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Jonny Boy

Yes, I have one but its a plain sport bike (07 Ninja 650). Initially when I got it wanted to go the track and give it a try. But the following year I bought the Nismo and decided that track days in car were relatively safer than on bike Eventually, I do plan to get a Ducati sometime in the next 2 years.

I am still interested in learning to drag my knees. Unfortunately none of the folks I know owns a motorcycle. So I use my bike to commute to work and put on about 6-8K per year. It was the same case with car but then I found you guys here

And yeah ..... be careful out there on the track with your bike
You should change your mind and come out to the track with me and a few friends this year with the bike. I would love to head out to these track weekends with more friends. Billy is going to be going with me in June I believe and he will be ridding his ducati 848. If your interested in track days with the bike just let me know and we can work something out. A whole weekend (2 full days) at the track is only 200.00-250.00. Its the one of the reasons I enjoy it more, well the cost and dragging a knee is like no other adrenaline spike I have ever had. Twice as much track time for the same price usually.

If you decide to get a Ducati, I hope you dont use it as a commuter bike. It has some of the worst ergonomics of any bike out. Perfect for the track, but horrible on the streets.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:48 AM
AznSky

so tempted to pull the car out today.......
Old 02-18-2010, 05:36 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by AznSky
lol.. I've already started having dreams about driving the Z.. month? month and a half? I wonder who will break first...??
Old 02-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Datona Jess

Deepu, you should go with Johnny it will be an awesome experience for you.
Just drive a bit slow at first and build man!!!

I actually have my money on Johnny...
He will get the itch the first 45 degree day....
Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Phreakdout

I almost did too. I started it up on Tuesday and sat in it for 15 minutes. The stock wheels are in storage right now and I don't want to take my 20's out in the salt environment. Otherwise I would have it out right now.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Jonny Boy

I have had the itch to get the car out since the day after I put it away. But I will not bring it out of storage until the salt has been washed away from the roads. The car will probably stay in storage until mid-late march or beginning of april. All depends on the weather.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:12 AM
AznSky

well all I know is I'm putting insurance back on April 1st for sure, cuz I'm going to Injected Performance on Aprith 10th.

And who knows if we get better days in the near future, I may just turn the insurance and wash each time I drive it
Old 02-18-2010, 08:30 AM
young Jee(Z)

well all I know is I'm putting insurance back on April 1st for sure, cuz I'm going to Injected Performance on Aprith 10th.

And who knows if we get better days in the near future, I may just turn the insurance and wash each time I drive it
im shooting for march 1st. this has been a VERY mild winter.

jess, im not sure what tires i want to run yet, you guys have any suggestions? Ive had toyoT1R's on my last set...they were OK.

i also need help with tire sizes, i dont want a bulgy beefy tire, i want a nice sleek profile. im thinking 255/35/19 and 285/35/19...?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:38 AM
mekatoka

Z wont be out till May 1 and the Motorcyle till May 15. That's when the insurance kicks in.
I plan to stick to it, even though its tough

You guys might think it's weird but I don't enjoy alot when I drive the Z on public roads
Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by Jonny Boy
You should change your mind and come out to the track with me and a few friends this year with the bike. I would love to head out to these track weekends with more friends. Billy is going to be going with me in June I believe and he will be ridding his ducati 848. If your interested in track days with the bike just let me know and we can work something out. A whole weekend (2 full days) at the track is only 200.00-250.00. Its the one of the reasons I enjoy it more, well the cost and dragging a knee is like no other adrenaline spike I have ever had. Twice as much track time for the same price usually.

If you decide to get a Ducati, I hope you dont use it as a commuter bike. It has some of the worst ergonomics of any bike out. Perfect for the track, but horrible on the streets.
I might actually go and attend the track day with you as a by-stander to begin with. And may be, attend atleast one track day with you later in the season. I believe I am all set because I already have a leather suit. Tt's not one piece but the jacket and pants can be zipped together. I might need to get new tires and brakes upgraded?

Unlike car, I might have to stay over night even for 1 day. I don't think I can ride to the track from Canton, do the track day and head back the same day.

Yes I am aware of the ergonomics but I have always wanted to get a Ducati. And I think it's such a sexy bike. Mind tells me to get a Honda CBRRR 1000 but the heart wants a Ducati. I don't know what I am going to do.

I thought you will be the first to say to stay away from it
Old 02-18-2010, 09:07 AM
AznSky

You guys might think it's weird but I don't enjoy alot when I drive the Z on public roads

Yeah, you're weird! j/k

I love driving the Z on public roads cuz I can show it off
Old 02-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Jonny Boy

I might actually go and attend the track day with you as a by-stander to begin with. And may be, attend atleast one track day with you later in the season. I believe I am all set because I already have a leather suit. Tt's not one piece but the jacket and pants can be zipped together. I might need to get new tires and brakes upgraded?

Unlike car, I might have to stay over night even for 1 day. I don't think I can ride to the track from Canton, do the track day and head back the same day.

Yes I am aware of the ergonomics but I have always wanted to get a Ducati. And I think it's such a sexy bike. Mind tells me to get a Honda CBRRR 1000 but the heart wants a Ducati. I don't know what I am going to do.
If you attend any track days at Grattan, you can actually ride your bike around the track free during lunch. We usually tow or trailer the bike to the track anyways, so yes you would have to stay overnight. Either way you are more than welcome to ride out with us and put your bike on the trailer. We usually just camp at the track when we stay overnight. It does sound like you are all set if you have a 2 piece leather suite. A lot of people run 2 piece suits, but make sure you also have racing boots and gloves as well.

The only reason I would tell you to stay away from the duc is because of how many miles a year you put on your current bike. If thats not going to bother you, then go for it because they are amazing at the track. You cant go wrong either way. I'm sure you would love the 1000RR if thats what you chose. Just be carful if your going for a liter bike, because they are in a class all their own. Even when comparing to my 750.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:11 PM
sig11

I took my Z to my accountant's today... and drove around looking for a car wash unsuccessfully.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:21 PM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by sig11
I took my Z to my accountant's today... and drove around looking for a car wash unsuccessfully.
The car wash right around the corner from my house is total FAIL. It's foam brush literally spits out soapy water.

Washing my car in winter is turning into a depressing act. At first glance, it's clean. Until I seen all the rock chips all over the front end of the car. Cheap *** ****ing paint. My car is getting destroyed, and it has the least miles out of all the local speeds that I hang with!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
AznSky

Ok so I desperately want to do something cosmetic to the Z.

Found out that painting a front bumper would be around $500 on top of the $500 for the bumper (eek!). So instead, I'm looking to get a veilside v1 lip either in CF or painted black.

If any of you guys find a used one please let me know! (Or a painted V2 front )

Brian I'm counting on you for a good deal!

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3