Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

My "Z33Art" Custom Supercharger Build *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Started the car up last night and all the welds did not leak. Now I am taking everything back off to get it powder coated. While the brackets and tubes are off I will be installing the headers.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:49 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
Started the car up last night and all the welds did not leak. Now I am taking everything back off to get it powder coated. While the brackets and tubes are off I will be installing the headers.
WOO!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice man!! truly unique!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Quamen

A bit of a update:

-O2 bung welded on test pipe for wide band
-UTEC installed
-Wideband installed minus gauge
-headers/test pipes installed
-coolant system all sealed up and reinstalled
-flywheel/clutch reinstalled
-transmission reinstalled with new fluid
-all belts on
-MAP sensor routed

I am going to be starting it up NA with the TurboXS exhast/intake map to start with. Then it goes for the intake piping.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the self contained oil SC option!! Do it!!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Quamen

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Do the self contained oil SC option!! Do it!!

It is.

I did some research and the Paxton SL (self-contained) is the same case (verified by Vortech).

Just going off their site, the only differences are a vent, oil slinger and baffles.

The reason for the slinger is that since the Vortech/Paxton blowers are mounted at no more than 50 degrees from vertical the oil would not be picked up from the high speed gear.

In my specific setup, the blower is mounted horizontal and with some oil in the bottom the low speed large gear will act as a slinger. Used one of the ports and created a vent.

I would assume that the baffles are to prevent the oil from going out the vent.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Quamen

So I finally got everything connected properly and leak free. The supercharger is on and the belt is on.

I took it for a spin without the supercharger connected to the intake tract but running through the 0 map on the UTEC. Ran great! No leaks, no overheating, no problems with the self-contained part of the supercharger and it still hauled quite nicely for just having headers and test-pipes.

I'm having some trouble with wiring of my A/F gauge (more so being lazy) and don't know where to get switched power on the driver side. I know which wires are switched but don't really no which one would be best. Plus I don't know where one of the wires on the gauge goes since it is Nordskog and not Innovate.

I am going to try using the intake and exhast map this week to see how the UTEC reacts and this next weekend I will be driving the car to get the piping done and install the intercooler. Then the fuel system.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 PM
JonnyC

Sweet!! (didn't notice your post until now). You get your gauges wired up yet? I can walk you through everything since I just installed my gauges this last weekend - and I must say, total pain in the ***. This should hopefully help though - https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....95#post5460495

Do you have the new injectors in? If so, did you enter any information to scale the injectors in the UTEC or was the ECU able to scale them for you? I was under the assumption that the car would just not run on map 0 and bigger (650's) injectors.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Quamen

Originally Posted by JonnyC
Sweet!! (didn't notice your post until now). You get your gauges wired up yet? I can walk you through everything since I just installed my gauges this last weekend - and I must say, total pain in the ***. This should hopefully help though - https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....95#post5460495

Do you have the new injectors in? If so, did you enter any information to scale the injectors in the UTEC or was the ECU able to scale them for you? I was under the assumption that the car would just not run on map 0 and bigger (650's) injectors.

Just noticed your post. That really helps!

I am not going to use the dimmer wire.

I am not running the 650cc's yet. With that in mind they are still stock injectors. I am going to drive the car a bunch like this to test everything. I did have a hard starting problem today for some reason.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Quamen

I have been driving the car with the new cooling system all week and it is had no issues with over heating or leaks thus far.

I just got the intercooler mounted and in the car and there is still no issues.

The lower part of the piping is all cut and tacked. I was not able to get it fulley welded but should have it done this week and will update with pictures ASAP.

Still trying to get the Vortech base map for the UTEC though and will hopefully get somewhere with it this week.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 AM
JonnyC

I always seem to miss your posts. That's great that things are up and running. I tried to start my car with just the UTEC in to try to get rid of some gas and couldn't get it started :-/ I just continued with the build though, so we'll see what happens. I have a feeling i'll have a streak of bad luck though.

Keep us updated...
Old 04-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Quamen

I always seem to miss your posts. That's great that things are up and running. I tried to start my car with just the UTEC in to try to get rid of some gas and couldn't get it started :-/ I just continued with the build though, so we'll see what happens. I have a feeling i'll have a streak of bad luck though.

Keep us updated...

From what I know I am one of the few who has had sucess with using the UTEC on "0" map and still having it run.

I remember JT was having tons of problems and couldn't get it to work with the supposed bypass map that the UTEC offers.

Give me a call if you need some help with your build. On occasion I need some time away from my own car. lol.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 PM
JonnyC

Sounds good, thanks. I'm sending my HFCs back because they didn't fit right. Other than waiting on those and hoping the new ones fit, all I have to do is mount the supercharger and intercooler/charge pipes - plus misc stuff like hooking up the vacuum lines and catch can. Hopefully I should make attempts to start the thing up next weekend or the weekend after. I think i'm going to wait until i get the car up and running before i install my NGK plugs though - would hate to foul them out while I'm trying to work out the 0% load column.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Quamen

Just some updated pictures of the lower pipe. It sucks because I am finishing up everything to graduate in a couple weeks and it is really making it hard to coordinate getting the piping welded even though it is all cut.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM
JonnyC

Damn man, looking great!

While I was finally mounting up the blower this weekend, I realized that it would have been much nicer to just get rid of my A/C and mount the blower where you did. The fitment is really tight in the normal location.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:10 PM
turismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build. Congrats
Old 04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Quamen

short vids
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwhy1MXpzOw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwhy1MXpzOw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/heyhgh8uxQo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/heyhgh8uxQo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Note it is just condensation in the exhaust. NOT FUEL lol.

Last edited by Quamen; 04-21-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:26 PM
JonnyC

Hell yeah man!!!! I'm excited to see that thing! When are you getting it tuned?
Old 04-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Quamen

Hell yeah man!!!! I'm excited to see that thing! When are you getting it tuned?

JT and I are talking about June. He is checking his schedule. April and May aren't working out due to my promotion at work, moving down south of Milwaukee, and graduating school.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:30 AM
Quamen

Quick Reply: My "Z33Art" Custom Supercharger Build *PICS*