Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:17 PM
JZurita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm definitely planning on going after JT. Possibly making a trip to FL as well. I'm getting reimbursed for all this stress/money lost one way or another, but I'm trying to avoid letting things get too messy.

As far as my car goes, I'm not sure. It all depends on how I will be reimbursed.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well legal is the least messiest way. go that way
Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM
da mayor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the shop yesterday JZurita.... would've washed your car for ya if I could've moved it! But it looks good still!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
JZurita

Yeah it def needs a wash lol. A front bumper, headlights, and a working motor would help too!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:07 PM
JZurita

P.S. If anyone is selling a good longblock or knows someone that is, PM me!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:08 PM
da mayor

Originally Posted by JZurita
did you talk to vinny about finding a longblock?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
go-fast
Banned

I'm definitely planning on going after JT. Possibly making a trip to FL as well. I'm getting reimbursed for all this stress/money lost one way or another, but I'm trying to avoid letting things get too messy.

As far as my car goes, I'm not sure. It all depends on how I will be reimbursed.

i think talking to him face to face is a good idea,sometimes e-mail and phone calls give both parties too much room to act up.eye to eye always yields better results in my opinion.

XKR.....no i did not imbibe,i read some of the comments about "roast beef" and decided that it might just be something i could not "un-see".
Old 10-07-2009, 04:20 PM
go-fast
Banned

dude,i dropped this info on you 3 weeks ago (pg5,post 89).i'm not a fortune teller,but i knew you needed at minimum a good core......
Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by da mayor
did you talk to vinny about finding a longblock?
i'm sure he can find one cheaper on this forum.. magically i'm guessing Vinny finding that long block will be twice the cost of a used one at the junk yard..

i'm just saying
Old 10-07-2009, 04:27 PM
doug

Originally Posted by go-fast
i think talking to him face to face is a good idea,sometimes e-mail and phone calls give both parties too much room to act up.eye to eye always yields better results in my opinion.

XKR.....no i did not imbibe,i read some of the comments about "roast beef" and decided that it might just be something i could not "un-see".
at the expense of flying to FL and the stress and B.S. JT put him through.. i don't think a face to face meeting is a good idea.. at least not without a lawyer
Old 10-07-2009, 04:45 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by go-fast
i

Originally Posted by doug
at the expense of flying to FL and the stress and B.S. JT put him through.. i don't think a face to face meeting is a good idea.. at least not without a lawyer
I will send Rude/Eric to Florida just incase things get out of hand

Last edited by XKR; 10-07-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by doug
if this does go the legal route it would be in his best interest to attempt every avenue at resoloution before making a claim,it will certainly make an impression on the judge.

to bring a lawyer with him would end the conversation before it started,legal advise from an attorney would be wise,but dragging one around......what has this world come to?

if you don't try to handle this man to man first you may be missing an opportunity at an easy resolution.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I would not recommend doing this verbally or in person. Documentation is key. Just send letters asking for what you feel is adequate compensation via certified mail with return receipt. Alternatively you can offer 3rd party arbitration. If JT does not respond to either, you'll be in good standing when you go to court. If you present reasonable demands, hopefully you will receive a reasonable response from JT. Hope it works out for you - good luck.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:45 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by rcdash
I would not recommend doing this verbally or in person. Documentation is key. Just send letters asking for what you feel is adequate compensation via certified mail with return receipt. Alternatively you can offer 3rd party arbitration. If JT does not respond to either, you'll be in good standing when you go to court. If you present reasonable demands, hopefully you will receive a reasonable response from JT. Hope it works out for you - good luck.
+1

The courts don't expect a plaintiff to travel to attempt personal contact or confrontation with an out-of-state defendant.

The only good reason to travel to a defendant's location is to deliver a personal *** whoopin. States typically don't extradite for misdemeanor assault charges. I'm just sayin.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-08-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 AM
JZurita

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
+1

The courts don't expect a plaintiff to travel to attempt personal contact or confrontation with an out-of-state defendant.

The only good reason to travel to a defendant's location is to deliver a personal *** whoopin. States typically don't extradite for misdemeanor assault charges. I'm just sayin.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If PF as an entity is long since dissolved, who are you going to sue or take to court? If his business papers were filed properly, I don't think he personally can be taken to the cleaners for something his business did...especially after it was dissolved.

Last edited by djamps; 10-08-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
If PF as an entity is long since dissolved, who are you going to sue or take to court? If his business papers were filed properly, I don't think he personally can be taken to the cleaners for something his business did...especially after it was dissolved.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:33 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ not trying to rain on your parade, but seriously, good luck collecting from a defunct company and most likely a broke a$$ individual as well.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Motormouth
Banned

so basically what you are saying here is: 'I didn't read the thread before deciding my opinion was so important as to post it without care.'

way to go dude.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
doug

^^ not trying to rain on your parade, but seriously, good luck collecting from a defunct company and most likely a broke a$$ individual as well.
it doesn't matter if your company is disolved.. it doesn't absolve you from all legal responsiblity to your prior customers.. if that was the case people could start a business.. get a lot of money.. kill the business and run away free and clear.. unfortuantely it doesn't work like that

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane