Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
it doesn't matter if your company is disolved.. it doesn't absolve you from all legal responsiblity to your prior customers.. if that was the case people could start a business.. get a lot of money.. kill the business and run away free and clear.. unfortuantely it doesn't work like that
Unfortunately people do this all the time
Old 10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
If PF as an entity is long since dissolved, who are you going to sue or take to court? If his business papers were filed properly, I don't think he personally can be taken to the cleaners for something his business did...especially after it was dissolved.
No offence, but you obviously did not take any courses in corporate law. Go back and read my posts.

Also, if you have any questions, do a Google search on the term "Piercing the Corporate Veil." I'm pretty confident some interesting information will pop up.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Nexx
Nexx, great pic!

I don't know why, but that one made me laugh pretty good. Maybe I've seen it before, I don't know, but today it got me rolling. I guess that means it's getting close to the weekend.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:53 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
No offence, but you obviously did not take any courses in corporate law. Go back and read my posts.

Also, if you have any questions, do a Google search on the term "Piercing the Corporate Veil." I'm pretty confident some interesting information will pop up.
Originally Posted by Motormouth
so basically what you are saying here is: 'I didn't read the thread before deciding my opinion was so important as to post it without care.'

way to go dude.
Nope...see below. I read the thread from the beginning and also watched both vids.

it doesn't matter if your company is disolved.. it doesn't absolve you from all legal responsiblity to your prior customers.. if that was the case people could start a business.. get a lot of money.. kill the business and run away free and clear.. unfortuantely it doesn't work like that

Note that I said good luck collecting not good luck winning something in court. I don't need to go to law school to know that the two things are not mutually exclusive. And I really do mean well; I hope it works out for you and you get alot of money out of him.

Last edited by djamps; 10-09-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:18 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by djamps
Nope...see below. I read the thread from the beginning and also watched both vids.

Note that I said good luck collecting not good luck winning something in court. I don't need to go to law school to know that the two things are not mutually exclusive. And I really do mean well; I hope it works out for you and you get alot of money out of him.
I was responding to your statement: "If PF as an entity is long since dissolved, who are you going to sue or take to court? If his business papers were filed properly, I don't think he personally can be taken to the cleaners for something his business did...especially after it was dissolved."

Here is a more thorough response:

1) If a company was setup as a general partnership, there is no protection from liability in Florida - there is no corporate veil to hide behind. It does not matter whether the business is still operating or not, a partner in such a business can be held liable for the company's actions, even after the company folds. It is not the current status of the company that determines whether it is too late to file suiit. That is determined by the Statute of Limitations.

2) If it was established as a Corporation or an LLC, there is a corporate veil. There are a myriad of reasons for piercing the corporate veil, however, and Courts oftentimes do so. Again, it is the Statute of Limitations that determines when suit can be brought, not the current status of the company.

Here is one example of such an opinion:

"But when substantial ownership of all the stock of a corporation in a single individual is combined with other factors clearly supporting disregard of the corporate fiction, on the grounds of fundamental equity and fariness, courts have experienced 'little difficulty' and have shown no hesitancy in applying what is described as the 'alter ego' or 'instrumentality' theory in order to cast aside the corporate shield and to fasten liability on the individual stockholder." Dewitt Truck Brokers v. W. Ray Flemming Fruit Co., 540 F.2d 681 (4th Cir. 1976).

So, even if incorporation or LLC business papers are properly filed, that does not automatically mean the corporate protections will remain in place. Filing the paperwork is merely the first step. There is a continuing duty on the part of corporate shareholders/managers to operate the company as a true corporation and in good faith. When this duty is breached, the corporate veil usually will be pierced, and corporate protections will be cast aside. Also, note that shareholders of dissolved private businesses are sued all the time.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 10-09-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:11 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ You're right. He can of course be taken to court. I take back that original statement. I just hate to see the OP lose even more money trying to get money from a deadbeat who probably has nothing except a job and unfinished customer cars to his name. Well maybe he could get a piece of the paycheck from Coach's shop...but still...make sure it's worth it.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
JTinFL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drama...

Well you guys seem to LOVE some drama. This is the first time I have been on the site in about a month or two. I have built 27 VQ engines in my life and almost of them seem to run just fine. I have a couple of them who say that they are having problems after thousands and thousands of miles. I called the owner of one (Joe@Sage) and told him to get his and JZuritas car out of that other shop (who i might add, went out of business due to scamming and ripping off people) and I will come up to Sage and fix the cars for free. Of course everyone wants their built motors to run forever. This requires top notch care of them. If I recall correctly, JZurita called me to ask me why his boost controller was reading 28.x psi on it on the PH setting. I told him that it was due to the fact that the car overboosted and probably really made that much. If a built engine is going to fail due to the builder, it will usually fail within 500 miles and before the owner gets it back, right Cass?

I am sure there are a lot of things being said and a lot of trashing going on. I have completely avoided this site and let all you "drama queens" take my name and trash it. I will make this last post and leave it at that.

First off, I have never not installed something that I said I did. F U C K VTR, you can say whatever you want about what parts were missing but I have pictures of them going together. Why would anyone leave out an HKS headgasket or use stock bearings when they said they would use Cosworth or ACL. There is no price difference when we are talking about a 7000-8000 dollar engine.

Second of all, I have pmed and called both parties who are having issues with their engines and said I would do whatever it takes to help out. I am broke, you cant get blood out of a rock, but, I can physically help out as much as possible. Jon Zurita, please contact Joe at Sage if you havent already.

Third, JKSSTAR, bro, you had a F#%King 10,000 dollar build (sponsorship pricing on a VK56 install) that you could only afford 5000 dollars of. What part of that dont you understand? $5000 dollars doesnt and never will equal 10,000. If you can only afford half of your bill, you only get half a car done. You have threatened me on here with lawsuits, bring it on my friend. I have free legal representation and tons of free legal advice. You dont stand a chance in suing me for you not paying me half of the bill.

God I wish I could go back and I would have had better paperwork on some of my "friends" cars. Those same cars would have been mine due to a mechanics lean if I would have handled it correctly.

I know that I came out swinging and breaking records and talking $hit when I opened my shop. I have a competitive nature. I am NOT a shady person though and have never been. I completely stand behind everything I have done and if there are any issues, I would fix them for free. I have done this forever and earned the great reputation that I have had.

This stupid F#%King forum loves drama. You notice that all the stupid people on here talking $hit dont even know me. All the people who truly know me still have my back.

All in all, I have had a blast, built hundreds, yes hundreds, of REALLY fast reliable cars. I still have three to five people call me every day to build their Z and I turn it down. This forum needs to step back and take a look at itself and see that all the negativity and drama doesnt F@#King help a thing. If I only had hundreds of thousands of dollars, I could have just bought my way across the boards and had everything hidden like a lot of the vendors do on here. Thats not the case, I am just a real person, who likes cars, who was stupid enough to think that a dumb F#$King performance shop was the way to go. Hope this is enough drama for you guys.

Peace...

Last edited by JTinFL; 10-14-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default **** you too JT!!

No, **** YOU JT!!

Originally Posted by JTinFL
If a built engine is going to fail due to the builder, it will usually fail within 500 miles and before the owner gets it back, right Cass?

I am sure there are a lot of things being said and a lot of trashing going on. I have completely avoided this site and let all you "drama queens" take my name and trash it.

F U C K VTR, you can say whatever you want about what parts were missing but I have pictures of them going together.

I am broke, you cant get blood out of a rock, but, I can physically help out as much as possible.

I am NOT a shady person though and have never been.

This stupid F#%King forum loves drama.

You notice that all the stupid people on here talking $hit dont even know me.

This forum needs to step back and take a look at itself and see that all the negativity and drama doesnt F@#King help a thing.

Thats not the case, I am just a real person, who likes cars, who was stupid enough to think that a dumb F#$King performance shop was the way to go.

Peace...

Last edited by Jay'Z; 10-15-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Jay.. he is trying to get the thread locked.. don't fall for it
Old 10-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Jay.. he is trying to get the thread locked.. don't fall for it
It wont b locked!! I promise you that! I only said what I said because he is saying **** all the members on here!!

Im really surprised you could get a whole statement out with Forged Performances dick so far down your throat. You have never once met me or have reason to say or comment anything about me.
I dont need to meet you, your full of ****!! Forged ****ing walks all over your *** any day in any aspect!! I rep them for a reason, they will never die!! Your shop did...... Failure

fcking roaches man.. everytime you think you kill em.. they resurface
True that!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Well you guys seem to LOVE some drama. This is the first time I have been on the site in about a month or two. I have built 27 VQ engines in my life and almost of them seem to run just fine. I have a couple of them who say that they are having problems after thousands and thousands of miles. I called the owner of one (Joe@Sage) and told him to get his and JZuritas car out of that other shop (who i might add, went out of business due to scamming and ripping off people) and I will come up to Sage and fix the cars for free. Of course everyone wants their built motors to run forever. This requires top notch care of them. If I recall correctly, JZurita called me to ask me why his boost controller was reading 28.x psi on it on the PH setting. I told him that it was due to the fact that the car overboosted and probably really made that much. If a built engine is going to fail due to the builder, it will usually fail within 500 miles and before the owner gets it back, right Cass?

I am sure there are a lot of things being said and a lot of trashing going on. I have completely avoided this site and let all you "drama queens" take my name and trash it. I will make this last post and leave it at that.

First off, I have never not installed something that I said I did. F U C K VTR, you can say whatever you want about what parts were missing but I have pictures of them going together. Why would anyone leave out an HKS headgasket or use stock bearings when they said they would use Cosworth or ACL. There is no price difference when we are talking about a 7000-8000 dollar engine.

Second of all, I have pmed and called both parties who are having issues with their engines and said I would do whatever it takes to help out. I am broke, you cant get blood out of a rock, but, I can physically help out as much as possible. Jon Zurita, please contact Joe at Sage if you havent already.

Third, JKSSTAR, bro, you had a F#%King 10,000 dollar build (sponsorship pricing on a VK56 install) that you could only afford 5000 dollars of. What part of that dont you understand? $5000 dollars doesnt and never will equal 10,000. If you can only afford half of your bill, you only get half a car done. You have threatened me on here with lawsuits, bring it on my friend. I have free legal representation and tons of free legal advice. You dont stand a chance in suing me for you not paying me half of the bill.

God I wish I could go back and I would have had better paperwork on some of my "friends" cars. Those same cars would have been mine due to a mechanics lean if I would have handled it correctly.

I know that I came out swinging and breaking records and talking $hit when I opened my shop. I have a competitive nature. I am NOT a shady person though and have never been. I completely stand behind everything I have done and if there are any issues, I would fix them for free. I have done this forever and earned the great reputation that I have had.

This stupid F#%King forum loves drama. You notice that all the stupid people on here talking $hit dont even know me. All the people who truly know me still have my back.

All in all, I have had a blast, built hundreds, yes hundreds, of REALLY fast reliable cars. I still have three to five people call me every day to build their Z and I turn it down. This forum needs to step back and take a look at itself and see that all the negativity and drama doesnt F@#King help a thing. If I only had hundreds of thousands of dollars, I could have just bought my way across the boards and had everything hidden like a lot of the vendors do on here. Thats not the case, I am just a real person, who likes cars, who was stupid enough to think that a dumb F#$King performance shop was the way to go. Hope this is enough drama for you guys.

Peace...
You're a liar JT and JZurita's teardown vid at VTR is irrefutable proof of that. No rev-up oil pump or JWT springs & shims, which were listed in JZ's invoice. And then the ghetto rig on the oil pump and the unbalanced rotating assembly. C'mon dude. You are being f*cking retarded to dispute what was exposed in that video or to try to defame VTR's good and established repuation that predates the VQ platform. VTR has nothing to gain by this teardown vid and I doubt they ever seriously considered you as competition.

And LMFAO @
If I only had hundreds of thousands of dollars, I could have just bought my way across the boards and had everything hidden like a lot of the vendors do on here.

^ That's exactly what Matt (ZUL8R) did for you for years by locking and deleting threads!

I hate f*cking scammers and IMO that vid proves that you are one.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-14-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:15 PM
JTinFL

I am not trying to get the thread locked. If I did, your boy would just delete what was needed and start a thread in your name or whoevers name it would be needed to start it in so it would survive.

JayZ, please elaborate on what I have done. So, I built two engines that ran over 4000 thousand miles and a years time that had some issues that were both putting down some of the top horsepower on the boards. Then, I offer to help them out and stand behind my work for free EVEN though I dont have a shop any longer..... Damn, youre right, that does sound shady?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:18 PM
JTinFL

Yay more haters. Does anyone not see that ole VTR is a hero now and can save his reputation from the place it used to lie. Of course you can make a video and tear down someone elses work and look like a hero. I have never done anything that I wouldnt stand behind 100%. Vinny Ten lost all credibility with me when he said that I didnt put things in a motor that I have pictures and proof of doing. Its my word against his. You can tear down all of my motors I have built if you want, then you can see that once a motor is not being torn down at (XXX) that everything looks good.

Do you really think that I would put an engine together with a stock headgasket and an unbalanced rotating assembly?? Do I need to go to my old machine shop and pull the balancing cards for each setup? This is so stupid and I am being targeted by a competition shop who wants to look like a hero....

Lol, at your statement about VT. Do you know how many people told me not to name my shop what I did because VT had a shop named that for a few months and ruined that name by allegedly ripping off a lot of people. Again, he has no credibility with me after some of the things he has said.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
You're a liar JT and JZurita's teardown vid at VTR is irrefutable proof of that. No rev-up oil pump or JWT springs & shims, which were listed in JZ's invoice. And then the ghetto rig on the oil pump and the unbalanced rotating assembly. C'mon dude. You are being f*cking retarded to dispute what was exposed in that video or to try to defame VTR's good and established repuation that predates the VQ platform. VTR has nothing to gain by this teardown vid and I doubt they ever seriously considered you as competition.

And LMFAO @

^ That's exactly what Matt (ZUL8R) did for you for years by locking and deleting threads!

Last edited by JTinFL; 10-14-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

JayZ, please elaborate on what I have done.
Explain this Rambo ....

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=28iyla8&s=3"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=28iyla8&s=3">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

Also, why were you fired from AAM??

Not to mention the fact I know exactly why Forged Performance never hired you...

Last edited by Jay'Z; 10-14-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I love this thread now.......
Old 10-14-2009, 06:31 PM
weelman1

Old 10-14-2009, 06:37 PM
JTinFL

Well, for the record, I quit AAM and I chose not to go to FP. Nothing personal against Sharif because he was a very stand up guy, but I felt like AAM had more to offer. It took me about 5 months to realize that I missed Florida.

You guys love to make up drama. Good job for just making up a bunch of **** and trying to run with it.

Are we talking about the video that "The Shop" made... lol, is the video that they made right when they asked JZurita if he wanted to send back that engine and have them build one for him so they could get some business.

I wish I could just go back and do some things over to protect myself a little more. This is a rough business.

I mean, is checking a forum and trying to drag someones name through the mud honestly the best thing that you have to do?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Yay more haters. Does anyone not see that ole VTR is a hero now and can save his reputation from the place it used to lie. Of course you can make a video and tear down someone elses work and look like a hero. I have never done anything that I wouldnt stand behind 100%. Vinny Ten lost all credibility with me when he said that I didnt put things in a motor that I have pictures and proof of doing. Its my word against his. You can tear down all of my motors I have built if you want, then you can see that once a motor is not being torn down at (XXX) that everything looks good.

Do you really think that I would put an engine together with a stock headgasket and an unbalanced rotating assembly?? Do I need to go to my old machine shop and pull the balancing cards for each setup? This is so stupid and I am being targeted by a competition shop who wants to look like a hero....

Lol, at your statement about VT. Do you know how many people told me not to name my shop what I did because VT had a shop named that for a few months and ruined that name by allegedly ripping off a lot of people. Again, he has no credibility with me after some of the things he has said.
Kill the messenger... You'd be saying the same crap if the motor was torn down at Forged, GTM, Justice Racing, or anywhere else. Vinny has video of this motor being pulled from JZ's car and JZ was present at the teardown. That vid speaks for itself and it's laughable for you to claim that what we saw in that vid was not legit.

And you did get Matt to sweep your negative publicity under the carpet on numerous occasions. This original thread included. Luckily, someone with more integrity than you or Matt revived this thread for JZ to show the community how he was ripped off by you.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:41 PM
JTinFL

No one was ripped off at all. I told JZ that I would replace and stand behind everything that I did. What more can I offer. I told him to get the car to a shop that I know is representable (Sage Autosports) and we will all go through the car and get it back together and running 100%.

This is really messed up that one shop is really trying to look like a hero here and drag me through the mud because I am not open any longer and not defending myself on here.

And WTF is the deal with everyone bringing Matt into this, he never did anything that was biased towards me. You guys love ****ing Drama. Weak...

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane