Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^ +1

and he uses this excuse
Originally Posted by JTinFL
I wish I could go back and I would have had better paperwork on some of my "friends" cars

wtf, what about non friends car.... you are saying you have pictures of the build on JZ(which you cant find)....you wish you had documented things better, yes you sold him with a quote clearly saying fully blueprinted...so where is the engine blueprint?...or its jsut something "mistyped" in the invoice?

Then JT does everything motormouth said and even brags about having free law services...and also admit turning half *** projects to customers....again, if they paid half then just build half way right, not half ***... all this just speaks horrible on the quality of profesionalism....i am sure that wont ever happen again now that he is not the boss anymore.

Of course it looks like a gang-bang, but the defense was weak from the start.... and he has not addressed any of the actual tear-down issues presented.
There are a few posts here from people that have supported you and just want answers and haven't insulted JT yet...yes his 1st reply its all a lie, implying VTR engine tear-down is not the owners engine or something similar(when the owner was present at teardown )

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-15-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:03 AM
JTinFL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are doing the typical internet "Take what is said and tear it apart" Funny how people who were my "friends" on here, jump on the gangbang for the sake of drama. You guys are impossible and there is no winning.

If anyone asks a civilized question like "GoFast" then I can answer it but I cant possibly keep up with you all.

I talked to a pro engine builder a while ago and he told me that on every engine, he tweaks and changes some little things to experiment on them. Possibly the ring gaps, the piston to wall clearances, the tq specs, ect. I told him that a lot of these cars idled with really low oil pressure. He told me to experiment with shimming the oil pump to raise the base pressure. Well I did this on probably the second motor that I built )my own engine) and it raised the base pressure up around 5 to 8 psi at idle. This is exactly what I wanted to do and I have shimmed ..... probably all of them since then. Every engine builder has little tips and tricks on the way they do it. I would recommend shimming the oil pump on any build with a VQ, it definitely helped the low oil pressure at idle problem that cars have here in Florida.

They all seemed to run fine that was in my care here, where I changed the oil, made sure there were no leaks, and properly cared for the car.

No one knows the real story of what caused an oil starvation on Jzuritas engine, I have WAY too many engines that are running just fine to say that it was a build issue. Remember, this car had 5000 miles on it when this happened. There is a certain point of time that its not the builders fault. Even though it has been a year and a half later, and 5000 miles, I have offered to come up there and fix everything on my own dime.

I dont know what else I can offer. Why do you guys have to always have someone that everyone gangs up on? If you guys have a better idea of what you feel I should do, then please post it up here and if its possible, I will do it.

Please understand that EVERY car that is torn down by a competition shop has these same kind of results. Most people just call the shop or builder to ask them why they did this or what was done here. Some people try to be the hero and save the day.

Last edited by JTinFL; 10-16-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:28 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There were only 12 posts for you to read since the last time you posted yesterday. So can you keep up with this? ---> We are still waiting for you to post the pics of Jon's motor that you claim you have. Where are they?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-16-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:38 AM
IIQuickSilverII

"take what its said and tear it apart"...

JT nobody is getting fixiated on just one line of your post...i didnt make the invoice and i am not the one that said that wished to have better documentation....you did say you had proof and picture of engine...we havent seen them...while you said engine was to be blue printed..... A "FRIEND" is tuppose to turn a blind eye on things like that in the face of mounting evidencem and only weak defence from you? YOu might get more support when you are clear on what you saying here, show pics, and blueprint.

You are basically saying you experimented once with the pump and sorta worked and u used it since....becasue a pro builder told you that... which probuilder?....was his experience mostly based on domestics?...HOw does that address the issue that oil starvation was main ifor failure?(u saying JZ beat his car up driving, forgot to change oil every week?)...AND HOW IS THAT ADDRESS THE BIGGER ISSUE about the stock parts that are not JWT?

I also wondered if JZ paid for a revup pump in his build....or just assumed you would go with the lower cost solution of keeping stock one and bastardizing it?

You need to be clear when you say every car that gets torn down by a competition shop has same results...u saying that VTR is jsut out to talk shlt? and fabricating results.....again did you watched the video?
Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

it definitely helped the low oil pressure at idle problem that cars have here in Florida.
he doesn't live in FL ... you should never experiment with a car that is not at the same climate or humdity of your location. Up here in CT/NY it gets way more humid than it does in FL and it gets way more colder. You may feel because you're in FL that its hot all the time.. it actually gets hotter up here.. doing this on his car was a BIG mistake on your part.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:59 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

And why lock washers instead of shims or regular washers???
(OMG... 4 new posts now. Is that too much for you to keep up Jeremy?)

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-16-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are doing the typical internet "Take what is said and tear it apart" Funny how people who were my "friends" on here, jump on the gangbang for the sake of drama. You guys are impossible and there is no winning.
Cry me a river!

If anyone asks a civilized question like "GoFast" then I can answer it but I cant possibly keep up with you all.
There is about 20 in the last page alone, how about u quote them and answer all of them in 1 post. Im sure ur smart enough to do this... Stop ignoring that first engine/pls view the vid and answer why there is carbon/dirt all over that " JT new engine!"

I talked to a pro engine builder a while ago and he told me that on every engine, he tweaks and changes some little things to experiment on them. Possibly the ring gaps, the piston to wall clearances, the tq specs, ect. I told him that a lot of these cars idled with really low oil pressure. He told me to experiment with shimming the oil pump to raise the base pressure. Well I did this on probably the second motor that I built )my own engine) and it raised the base pressure up around 5 to 8 psi at idle. This is exactly what I wanted to do and I have shimmed ..... probably all of them since then. Every engine builder has little tips and tricks on the way they do it. I would recommend shimming the oil pump on any build with a VQ, it definitely helped the low oil pressure at idle problem that cars have here in Florida.

They all seemed to run fine that was in my care here, where I changed the oil, made sure there were no leaks, and properly cared for the car.
So you basically experimented on Jon's motor(your own engine too), it lasted for a few thousand miles, think ur in the clear, then it blew.... Still think ur in the clear....

Why didnt u just raise the idle to 950 to keep idle oil pressure about 25-35

No one knows the real story of what caused an oil starvation on Jzuritas engine, I have WAY too many engines that are running just fine to say that it was a build issue. Remember, this car had 5000 miles on it when this happened. There is a certain point of time that its not the builders fault. Even though it has been a year and a half later, and 5000 miles, I have offered to come up there and fix everything on my own dime.
Like pay VTR this time? Why would he want a 3rd FAIL BUILD from Jeremy Tibbs

I dont know what else I can offer. Why do you guys have to always have someone that everyone gangs up on? If you guys have a better idea of what you feel I should do, then please post it up here and if its possible, I will do it.
Pay VTR for Jon's build sheet he posted a few pages back.... Basically refund him and I call that even!

Please understand that EVERY car that is torn down by a competition shop has these same kind of results. Most people just call the shop or builder to ask them why they did this or what was done here. Some people try to be the hero and save the day.
Who is tryin to b a hero........ Cmon b serious....

Last edited by Jay'Z; 10-16-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Slow down Jay! We don't want JT to be overwhelmed and unable to keep up. (LOL @ JT's LAME **** poor excuses to ignore answering tough questions about Jon's motor and challenges to post his *cough* PICS *cough*)

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-16-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Slow down Jay! We don't want JT to be overwhelmed and unable to keep up.
I know seriously, JT can tune a car/build an engine but cant quote a few posts and type a few hundred words at best to answer them......

I call BS!!!

Last edited by Jay'Z; 10-16-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Lightbulb

Someone needs to make a bullet-point laundry list of the major findings of Vinny and post them in an objective way, so as to keep the potential answers as clear as possible. It's wholly obvious that the witch hunters posting in random fashion is creating an environment wherein JT can feel like not addressing the issues.

Is the video damning? Yes. Would anyone in JT's position feel the axe coming down on his rep? Yes. At least he's posting in here -- look at the SGP thread: Mark never even acknowledged it, never posting in it one time! I'm not defending JT, but rather stating that if any answers are to be had at all, someone (with more time than me..) should post a bullet point summary of the findings from Vinny and let JT reply to each one.

My thoughts..

Darren
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

You are being way too kind Darren. JT doesn't deserve kudos for making a few dismissive douchebag posts that contain lies and pathetic attempts to distract attention away from the glaring facts that have been exposed about Jon's motor. However, a post with bullet points would give JT no more excuses to evade answering the specific issues.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-16-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Is the video damning? Yes. Would anyone in JT's position feel the axe coming down on his rep? Yes. At least he's posting in here -- look at the SGP thread: Mark never even acknowledged it, never posting in it one time! I'm not defending JT, but rather stating that if any answers are to be had at all, someone (with more time than me..) should post a bullet point summary of the findings from Vinny and let JT reply to each one.

My thoughts..

Darren

yah, i think it was posted but got lost a few pages back
Old 10-19-2009, 04:17 AM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The job was half paid and the job was half done. Its amazing how that works. If the rest of the money would have been paid, then the whole job would have been completed. You guys just love to jump on the weakest things and run with them.
The weakest thing? Before I picked up my car you told me the oil pan was done, it needed no work, just the pick up tube needed to be made.

As said before you know this was not half paid for. Maybe I should post up all the pms. Like I told you I have over 120 pms about this going back 2 years and all the emails as well.

I'm not trying to drag you down and in the pms you just sent me you sound like you are willing to make a wrong right. Just don't try and put this back on me, we had a deal and I had my side covered. To be honest with you I would have paid you more if you would have asked within the 1st year.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:32 AM
IIQuickSilverII

^^^
2 years of PMs...really?
sounds like the friend/customer documented things better than the seller/ex-proshop-owner.Thats what i call evidence(rather than launching an attack on vtr without looking at video).
According to jt that actually excludes him of fault ...dunno

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-19-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Speqz

is there such thing an internet court? I think that is what is needed here. Internet judge and internet lawyers, thrown a forum admin in there to act as balif to control the out burst.

This way you can get rid of all the bs negativity and all of the facts can come out.

patent pending on this idea.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Motormouth
Banned

350z would need a chat program integrated into the thread. one for lawyers and witnesses, and one for the peanut gallery. judge decides what info gets posted to the actual thread.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Joe@Sage

Well here's the deal. I send J T a pm over on the Camaro forums telling him I am going to post the video of J Zurita's motor and pics of mine and the story of what a rip off piece of **** he is . He then calls me pleading with me not to do that and he is willing to come to my shop and do what ever it takes to redo booth engines all at his expense so he can clear his name.

Of course he had a whole bunch of ******** excuses why it all happened and how he did everything right and how Vinny is just trying to make him look bad. He tells me to call John and check with him and let him know what we decide. So I talk to John and we both agree that this is probably the only shot we have to get anything out of his lame ***, so we are reluctanlty willing to do it; not because we want him to build the motors again, but it seems to be the only way to get whole and regroup some of our losses. He tells me to just call the shop when we are ready.

Surprise!, I have been trying to call for 3 days now and no one answers the phone or returns any of my messages. What a piece of ****, but this does not surprise me one bit. We should let the entire car community know before he screws any one else. By the way, coach wont even answer his shop phone when he sees my #. That's pretty shady, when J T told me to call the shop .
Old 10-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

POST IT!! In the Camaro forums!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I say give him a good 2 weeks.. then go forward with the info
Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
XKR

OMG...No guys....the only person that will suffer if you post over there is Coach....I know you said that no one is answering the phones......but please PM Coach over on that other site.

Why would you at this point have JT work on your car?? I would have him give up some cash or parts to cover this f@ck up.....I hope JT is not that selfish to have Coach pulled into this crap.....it was dumb of him to brag that he has Coach as his lawyer....it just pisses people off even more...

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane