Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 01:59 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Saturday, November 27th cancellation

Originally posted by dkmura
I'll close on Thanksgiving Day with a wish that everbody enjoys the holiday with their family and friends. I'm thankful to have met each one of you and look forward to our next meeting!
David and Colorado Z Drivers, happy holidays from Sport Z Magazine and the publisher dude. Be of good cheer and be careful out there.

DK, Art gave me some very disturbing news on Thanksgiving day. The Colorado Z Car Club VOTED DOWN becoming a Partner Club with Sport Z Magazine recently. Astounding, voted down by our home state Z Car Club. FYI, the Colorado Z Car club is the first club to put it to a vote and turn it down. Appears the majority of the members have no interest in what we do. We are sadddened by this news but nonetheless wish the entire club a joyous holiday.

Bob
Old 11-27-2004, 02:02 PM
peterputter

That is very disturbing news Bob! Did they say what their objections were?

Happy Holidays to all!!!
Old 11-27-2004, 02:36 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by peterputter
That is very disturbing news Bob! Did they say what their objections were?

Happy Holidays to all!!!
Don't have that news yet and I'm going to ask Art to leave it alone. We're going to stay away from the club and see if any details comes to us as by word-of-mouth or forum posts. We have a lot of friends in the Colorado Z Car Club; it must mean we have even more detractors.

Members of our Partner Club program are honored with each issue of Sport Z. We also show them on our new Sponsor/Partner Page on our web page (www.sportzmagazine.com) We now have two pages devoted to our partners (Partner Club Page and Web Partner Page). Check it out --- click on the Sponsor/Partner Page and look around.

Bob
Old 11-28-2004, 08:10 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Bob- It's unfortunate news coming out of ZCCC, but in some ways, not surprising. I sense that new ideas and directions (particularly those that involve money) have little support from within. I've heard that ZCCC will not support the new Colorado Amateur Motorsports Park project, either. In any case, the vote must have come from the ZCCC leadership, as there was no mention of any vote on this issue within the larger organization.

Still and all, wishing happy holidays to you and (the always gorgeous) Marlene!

Last edited by dkmura; 11-28-2004 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:18 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dkmura
Bob- It's unfortunate news coming out of ZCCC, but in some ways, not surprising.

Dk, to be honest with you, I'm surprised they even contacted Art in the first place. Do you remember the ZCCA meeting when Ben talked about the history of the Z? When Ben brought me up, I remember asking the club members how many of them subscribe to Sport Z; less than an a third of the members raised their hand. I sat down quickly (next to you as I recall) after seeing that.

When clubs approach us, I believe it's been a sure thing that they've become a Partner Club (Art would know better than I). Could it be that the ZCCA members are there for the discounts and Sport Z is of no interest to them? Could be. I know the discount program that clubs provide is a big draw and I've been told by many (outside of ZCCA) that discounts are the only reason they pay their dues. I continue to be surprised by that.

We'll survive. BTW, did you receive the Winter 2004/2005 issue yet?

Still and all, wishing happy holidays to you and (the always gorgeous) Marlene!

Thanks, I'll tell her you passed on a Ho, Ho, Ho through my350Z.com.

Bob
Old 11-28-2004, 09:59 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the track day cancellation, but it was obviously the right call, given the weather. I suspect that there will be a lot of us wanting to make up for some lost track time once spring rolls around!

Bob - that's too bad about the ZCCC vote. It's disappointing, but somehow I don't really see it holding you back. Also, how many complimentary years can I get added to my subscription for never mentioning to Marlene that you used the word 'ho' in a sentence about her? LOL - just kidding, of course. I hope she's doing well & still putting up with you And what's the story on those Sport Z T-Shirts?

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone. Hope it was a great weekend for all (other than the weather and the Broncos' loss!)

Gary
Old 11-29-2004, 12:11 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Dk, to be honest with you, I'm surprised they even contacted Art in the first place. Do you remember the ZCCA meeting when Ben talked about the history of the Z? When Ben brought me up, I remember asking the club members how many of them subscribe to Sport Z; less than an a third of the members raised their hand. I sat down quickly (next to you as I recall) after seeing that.

When clubs approach us, I believe it's been a sure thing that they've become a Partner Club (Art would know better than I). Could it be that the ZCCA members are there for the discounts and Sport Z is of no interest to them? Could be. I know the discount program that clubs provide is a big draw and I've been told by many (outside of ZCCA) that discounts are the only reason they pay their dues. I continue to be surprised by that.

Perhaps it's obvious to most readers, but Bob obviously was referring to the Z Car Club of Colorado (ZCCC) here, NOT the ZCCA in this reply.

The only magazine dedicated to the Z car and all things Nissan could use support from every Z-car owner out there!

Gary- thanks for the feedback on the cancelled track days. Can you imagine us driving back at night and hitting snow over Monument Hill? A chilling thought to say the least! Still and all, I'm suffering withdrawl symptoms from not getting my cheap speed fix the last few weekends!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:16 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GaryM05
!
Bob - that's too bad Also, how many complimentary years can I get added to my subscription for never mentioning to Marlene that you used the word 'ho' in a sentence about her?

Gary, that would be ho, ho, ho dear sir. She's once, twice, three times a lady...

And what's the story on those Sport Z T-Shirts?

Still considering it. If we go ahead, it'll probably be springtime in the Rockies. BTW, just jumped off my tractor/snow blower and didn't KO a single deer.

Bob
Old 11-29-2004, 01:20 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dkmura

Perhaps it's obvious to most readers, but Bob obviously was referring to the Z Car Club of Colorado (ZCCC) here, NOT the ZCCA in this reply.

Yeppers, ZCCC.

The only magazine dedicated to the Z car and all things Nissan could use support from every Z-car owner out there!

Shouldn't you update your SZM "title" Mr. Motorsport Editor?

I love this job.

Bob
Old 12-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Mudd

Sign me up for one of those T-Shirts if you decide to get some printed. I know I'd love to buy one.

Brian
Old 12-01-2004, 03:22 PM
peterputter

How 'bout some 'Z' playing cards?

http://www.dry-ink.com/info.htm
Old 12-01-2004, 05:37 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

How 'bout some 'Z' playing cards?

http://www.dry-ink.com/info.htm
Playing Cards...

Nah!

How about day-timers, calendars, window decals & ...

Nah!

T-Shirts, if done, will be black with unique graphics. Don't know if there is a market out there for MORE T-SHIRTS. Everybody seems to sell them. Stay tuned.

Anybody get the winter issue yet? They've been in the mail for about a week.

Bob
Old 12-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Mudd

I have yet to receive mine. Can't wait though, I need a Z fix. Haven't driven mine in about a month.

Brian
Old 12-05-2004, 09:36 AM
jgray

How long does it take to get a magazine from Larkspur to Colorado Springs? I could drive up there and pick it up quicker than the USPS delivers! Just kidding. I know it's probably being printed elsewhere - so, I'm patiently waiting...
Old 12-05-2004, 02:01 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jgray
Just kidding. I know it's probably being printed elsewhere - so, I'm patiently waiting...

The USPS just drives me nuts. Art, Dave, writers and I work our collective azzez off and the post office sits around with their head buried up..... Its always been a major problem with Sport Z even though it was qualified by the USPS as Periodical (formerly 2nd class) Rate (better handling) years ago.

Santa traffic just kills us each year and the USPS has zero answers. Our first class subscribers receive their copies fast; some of our international subscribers receive their issue before the domestic crowd.

BTW, I closed down my Larkspur printing presses and now print Sport Z Magazine in Fort Worth. Not enough room in the garage.

Patience friends. Get in for postal persons face if you've run out.

I love this job.

Bob
Old 12-05-2004, 02:06 PM
peterputter

Originally posted by publisher Playing Cards...

Nah!

Bob
Hey Bob,

Did you ever check out the link before you let loose your fingers on the keyboard???

BTW: Thanks for never giving props for my photos you used in several of your magazine issues.

Last edited by peterputter; 12-05-2004 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:33 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by peterputter
Hey Bob,

Did you ever check out the link before you let loose your fingers on the keyboard???

WTF?

BTW: Thanks for never giving props for my photos you used in several of your magazine issues.

WTF?

If you have a problem with me or Sport Z Magazine, may I suggest that you take it to a PM or pick up the phone. Call collect if you need to.

Bob
Old 12-07-2004, 08:09 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Hey Bob,

For those that didn't understand this post, the link that Peterputter is referring to is for a pack of cards with pictures of Zs on them. One of the cards in the deck features a picture of Peterputter's Z.

For the record, three of Peterputter's photos did appear in my technical article on the new Koni application for the Z ("Shocking 350Z News", Summer '04). When published, I noted that the article failed to give proper photo credit and asked Sport Z's editor to print a correction. Said correction ran in the Fall '04 issue (pg. 12) and gave full credit to him. I followed up with a call to inform Peterputter of this. He seemed pleased at the time, but is now calling Sport Z's integrity into question.

I've been in contact with Peterputter on this subject privately, but we have a real difference in opinion over this issue. Part of the problem is that he is not a subscriber and has no idea of what photos have actually been published. To my knowledge, no other of his photos have been used in my work or in any other Sport Z articles.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:18 AM
peterputter

Originally posted by dkmura
For the record, three of Peterputter's photos did appear in my technical article on the new Koni application for the Z ("Shocking 350Z News", Summer '04). When published, I noted that the article failed to give proper photo credit and asked Sport Z's editor to print a correction. Said correction ran in the Fall '04 issue (pg. 12) and gave full credit to him. I followed up with a call to inform Peterputter of this. He seemed pleased at the time, but is now calling Sport Z's integrity into question.

I've been in contact with Peterputter on this subject privately, but we have a real difference in opinion over this issue. Part of the problem is that he is not a subscriber and has no idea of what photos have actually been published. To my knowledge, no other of his photos have been used in my work or in any other Sport Z articles.
So much for keeping this 'Private' as you said David. You are correct, I am not a subscriber, and if said correction was published in a following issue then I am satisfied. My apologies to Bob and his magazine. Probably a courtesy copy of the issue would have kept this from evere coming out... something that I did ask for, and something that never happened... remember David?

I also apologize to this forum and anyone who read this thread. I had no intentions of it getting this far out of hand. All I originally was trying to do was to pass on a unique idea (Z playing cards) to the masses. Even though these cards do not meet the promotional goals of SportZ Magazine, they may however be something nice to have, or give as gifts, for us less fortunate souls.

Again, my apologies Bob.