Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:58 AM
BabyZiLLa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Conceyted. I agree with you. But the irony is his PARAGRAPH's where better written than yours..
Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Conceyted. I agree with you. But the irony is his PARAGRAPH's where better written than yours..
I don't believe my paragraph had any reason to be separated into multiple paragraphs. Every sentence in the paragraph pertains to every other and it flows as it should. Perhaps you would be better off finding something constructive to post rather than trying to nitpick my grammar.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 AM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by Conceyted
I don't believe my paragraph had any reason to be separated into multiple paragraphs. Every sentence in the paragraph pertains to every other and it flows as it should. Perhaps you would be better off finding something constructive to post rather than trying to nitpick my grammar.
Isn't that exaclty what you just did to the post above you? **** relax tough guy. I was agreeing with you.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Conceyted

Isn't that exaclty what you just did to the post above you? **** relax tough guy. I was agreeing with you.
I nitpicked while replying to his questions. My post was constructive. Your post? Not so much.

Oh, and I am relaxed
Old 03-06-2008, 08:09 AM
BabyZiLLa

I nitpicked while replying to his questions. My post was constructive. Your post? Not so much.

Oh, and I am relaxed
No? I agreed with your point did I not? Geezs champ.. Go rub one out or something.. Get ya mind off things.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Conceyted

No? I agreed with your point did I not? Geezs champ.. Go rub one out or something.. Get ya mind off things.
Okay, well maybe you did Sorry it's been a rough morning. My apologies.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Attached Thumbnails Osiris from Uprev-internettoughguymag.jpg  
Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Hardly, the majority of my posts are quite informative and I've been around here for quite some time.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Sense of humor = sorely lacking.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Conceyted

Sorry, I figured smilies would lighten the mood. It's pretty hard to convey feelings over the internet.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:52 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't we all get along?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:04 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Hardly, the majority of my posts are quite informative and I've been around here for quite some time.
Well, you did pick a good/accurate screen name.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Conceyted

group hug!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:15 AM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Can't we all get along?
Probably.. But with no updates in this thread.. What else do we have to do?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
SilverTrack03

First of all, please spell-check your posts because you MURDERED some really simple words. Secondly, before the development of the Osiris Cable the Z community had nothing like this. The closest we had to this was the ECU re-flash. This re-flash was a one time deal that you ordered with a list of your mods, you had to remove the ECU, send the ECU in, the reflashed ECU would come back to you (a week or more later), then you would reinstall the ECU and hope that the tune they gave you benefited you. With this cable you cut out the week of downtime while the ECU was sent off, you could log your sensors in your vehicle and see how your car responded to mods and the tune, you could adjust your tunes by simply sending back the logs to UpRev and allowing them to tune around the logs. Maybe you fail to see an improvement with this process, but any intelligent human can see the usefulness of this product and its obvious benefits over other tuning options. Further, they have even developed the product further to allow for a user tunable version of the same cable. Personally, I believe the product is great. I have used it for months, it has never given me an ounce of trouble, and I believe the price was reasonable. Lastly, are you really comparing the price of a DSM based tuning solution to one developed for a Z? Take some time to compare the prices of aftermarket products for both Z’s and DSM’s and you will quickly see that the Z’s aftermarket is MUCH more expensive.
Sorry about my spelling, I was typing during my Java class while trying to do my java. Didn’t work so well.

I understand, even with the Z32 how long did it take for Ashz to produce a tunable program without sending the ecu off someplace. A long time is the correct answer, why b/c he had to do it 100% by himself for the most part to get away from spending 700 dollars on logging software. I’m just don’t get it, for ls1 you have ls1 edit, and other hand held tuners. But for the Z you can send it off to get flashed and they can change everything they want. Why not give Us, the end user this tool? That is the question, all we are getting with this product is less downtime. That’s it, worth it? Sure, but that’s only if you plan on staying N/A. And I for one, (im sure they are others) am not. So you will still need to take it to them for the tune. So the benifit is where, in this situation? Sure we can log and make sure things are in check, but what if they are not? Send them the log and wait for it to be fixed.

My feeling, coming from a much cheaper world of tuning/building dsms, is that most of the improvement comes from a group rather than a few select shops. The shop or person starts the idea and other perfect it and help the community. Problems a shop can't figure out, maybe someone here can and share with more people. But without giving us the tools to diagnose and correct problems, we are forced to keep spending 700 dollars for a logging software with the ability to upload pre-set maps from a tuner. (Which is cool but at the same time not so much).

Im just saying the ability to fine tune these ecu's is out there and its in hands of a select few who for some reason wont let the average user attempt it. Be if for profit or just think we can't handle tuning our own cars, I don’t know. That’s what bugs me. I can look at a log and say something is right here, let’s add some fuel and see what happens or bump timing and see. But we can’t "yet", just bugs me that on the other end of this they are doing the same thing just wont give is the chance.

Last edited by SilverTrack03; 03-06-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:47 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by SilverTrack03
But for the Z you can send it off to get flashed and they can change everything they want. Why not give Us, the end user this tool? That is the question, all we are getting with this product is less downtime. That’s it, worth it? Sure, but that’s only if you plan on staying N/A.
Because the current ECU programmers are an abbreviated form for tuning professionals and would be difficult for end users to use. They don't have many of the safeguards that an end-user tool needs to have for safety. End users constantly blowing up their engines might be bad for business.

Osiris gives us significantly less downtime, plus it removes the need to remove the ECU and mail it away. Saving a week or more in time is quite a gain... so is eliminating the need to actually remove and reinstall the ECU from the car. Plus, your vehicle isn't imobilized for the time period while the ECU is traveling in the mail.

My feeling, coming from a much cheaper world of tuning/building dsms, is that most of the improvement comes from a group rather than a few select shops. The shop or person starts the idea and other perfect it and help the community. Problems a shop can't figure out, maybe someone here can and share with more people. But without giving us the tools to diagnose and correct problems, we are forced to keep spending 700 dollars for a logging software with the ability to upload pre-set maps from a tuner. (Which is cool but at the same time not so much).
Totally agree... But someone has to develop these tools for us to use. Since developing these tools is not trivial, the inventor will usually want to recover their cost of developing the tool and make a profit.

You only have to purchase Osiris once for one car. UpRev will make additional ROM maps for you at no charge. UpRev has even agreed to upgrade all Osiris users to the real time tuning version once it is released.

What you are suggesting will happen once the real time tuner code is added to Osiris. UpRev is currently the only company working on an end-user tuning program for the 350Z and G35. (As far as I know.)

Im just saying the ability to fine tune these ecu's is out there and its in hands of a select few who for some reason wont let the average user attempt it. Be if for profit or just think we can't handle tuning our own cars, I don’t know. That’s what bugs me. I can look at a log and say something is right here, let’s add some fuel and see what happens or bump timing and see. But we can’t "yet", just bugs me that on the other end of this they are doing the same thing just wont give is the chance.
The programs required to program ECUs is out there for Beta testing. It's not ready for release yet. These programs have the ability to kill an ECU when used improperly. It is important to have everything working correctly and have the proper safeguards in place before releasing the software to the public.

Additionally, these are to be commercial programs. No company would give their intellectual property away for free. They are spending money to create this software, they deserve to recover the costs and make a profit.

You'll just have to wait a bit. I think the UpRev guys are close to releasing their software, but I don't have any special information...
Old 03-07-2008, 12:21 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have killed my ecu 3 times with the beta software. But honeslty i think it was a charging problem. The beta is easy to use, far easier that a utec.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 PM
App6MT

As for SilverTrack03, you can use Osiris to manage once you move to FI. They are using it to control a greddy setup right now.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:42 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by rocks
I have killed my ecu 3 times with the beta software. But honeslty i think it was a charging problem. The beta is easy to use, far easier that a utec.
Have you been able to bring it back with the Osiris software or have you had to send it out to UpRev?

I killed mine once with the original version of Osiris. Now I have a backup... just in case.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:42 PM
KAZ350Z

This might be a dumb question, but I figure it's worth a shot. Right now I live up at 6000+ FT MSL, and obviously these maps are set up for a much lower altitude. So is it possible to change the AFR's or something to compensate? Obviously without FI it's impossible for me to get the same amount of O2 in my motor compared to someone at sea level, but maybe the right AFR would help. I guess I'm asking Jared this question, but anyone that wants to put in their .02 cents would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev