Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Now that the V6 Mustang spanks the Z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 02:18 PM
mikeyj217

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NISMO_558

Apparently you don't understand the meaning of the term "Limited production".
apparently you don't understand basic economics. If Nissan could sell 100,000 nismos at its exorbitant markup then it would make 100,000 of them. Its a business they are there to make money. The reason for the limited numbers is b/c they are smart enough to know that a very small percentage of the population is going to spend the extra money for a body kit.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 PM
widebody350

Such ignorance, and a total of 1606 Nismo Z's were made for 2007 and 2008 combined.
Such ignorance lol. I asked for the total numbers considering that after going through a few google results all I could find was 10% of the Z sales and came up with 3000 some odd produced in Japan and America. Japan didn't get numbered plaques, only America b/c they knew some gullable Americans would believe that the car was more valuable if it had a plaque. You mock another member for saying that a Nismo is nothing more than a body kit, but you get some seats too I guess. I find it hard to see the Nismo Z as much more than that when it puts up the same figures as a track model.

H*ll even the 370Z Nismo with its intake/exhaust/suspension puts up the same figures as a base model. But whoooo you have a NISMO with a plaque. Sh*ts real cute. You say there are faster cars that you would not own, citing the Mustang's quality. If you bought new, you probably didn't pay too much less than a 335 which is faster, has more mod potential and a far better interior/all around vehicle than a Nismo.

I may be ignorant when it comes to the Nismo Zs, but they are not noteworthy, so why pay attention?

Enjoy your Nismo, and proudly display the number on your plaque in your signature. On this site it may mean something, however little, but outside of this site, it is a Nissan with a factory body kit, that performs the same as a regular Z, which is why it is not worthy of being a collector's car or any significant attention.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:37 PM
widebody350

Originally Posted by mikeyj217
apparently you don't understand basic economics. If Nissan could sell 100,000 nismos at its exorbitant markup then it would make 100,000 of them. Its a business they are there to make money. The reason for the limited numbers is b/c they are smart enough to know that a very small percentage of the population is going to spend the extra money for a body kit.
When I was browsing some different threads and google results looking for the production numbers, I saw a post that Nissan even made some of the Nismos in 08 because there was a demand which pissed off the author of the post, which shows that Nissan did indeed make them for per demand, yet only produced how many? 1600 Lol true showing of the demand for a Z with a body kit and the same performance stats.

And they now make this while Nissan makes this. GTFO with all of that. I own a Cobra and a Z, so I really have no preference either way, but I've always felt the Nismo Z was a dumb car and only an exploitation of those who like the Z car. Nissan should have rewarded it's Z fans with a Nismo model worthy of the name and all the little plaques/numbers.
Attached Thumbnails Now that the V6 Mustang spanks the Z...-11cobra.jpg   Now that the V6 Mustang spanks the Z...-10nismo.jpg  
Old 04-11-2010, 03:07 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
^ haha

I think someone posted this up before...

While Ford was making this in 1990:

Nissan was making this:
Too bad Nissan made the mistake of pricing their cars out of the market with the 300... It was a fine car.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:22 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually it's because they weren't made at a Nissan facility, they were made at a smaller company known as Autech which doesn't mass produce cars. They wouldn't be able to make 100,000 in two years even if they wanted to.

Originally Posted by widebody350
Such ignorance lol. I asked for the total numbers considering that after going through a few google results all I could find was 10% of the Z sales and came up with 3000 some odd produced in Japan and America. Japan didn't get numbered plaques, only America b/c they knew some gullable Americans would believe that the car was more valuable if it had a plaque. You mock another member for saying that a Nismo is nothing more than a body kit, but you get some seats too I guess. I find it hard to see the Nismo Z as much more than that when it puts up the same figures as a track model.

H*ll even the 370Z Nismo with its intake/exhaust/suspension puts up the same figures as a base model. But whoooo you have a NISMO with a plaque. Sh*ts real cute. You say there are faster cars that you would not own, citing the Mustang's quality. If you bought new, you probably didn't pay too much less than a 335 which is faster, has more mod potential and a far better interior/all around vehicle than a Nismo.

I may be ignorant when it comes to the Nismo Zs, but they are not noteworthy, so why pay attention?

Enjoy your Nismo, and proudly display the number on your plaque in your signature. On this site it may mean something, however little, but outside of this site, it is a Nissan with a factory body kit, that performs the same as a regular Z, which is why it is not worthy of being a collector's car or any significant attention.
My god you're a moron
Old 04-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

not even going to read the thread because this is ****ing stupid. so what you're saying a car that is 8 years newer can beat an older car?
So from what youre saying, since the new mustang is 10K more than the used 350Z (and 13,000 for a used one is generous), you could easily spend the 10K difference and make the older Z outrun the mustang, while being able to out handle it with a suspension upgrade.

so whats your point.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:40 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Z's are rare? And maybe you can spot many mustang's, why don't you wave at them as they pass you by. Think about why there are so many of a car, because its a good deal. In 2011 you will be able to get a car over 400hp, with a nice interior, fairly light weight considering the engine size and back seat, a back seat, and vastly improved on track performance. Versus a car that has nice exterior styling, bland interior styling, underpowered, good in track performance, no back seat, average weight, and is slower then most of its competitors. You have fun with your z but remember to wave at me as I pass you by.
Oh, hi douchebag. lol Seriously, you're on crack if you think your argument makes a snot difference in how I think of the Mustang compared to my Z.

I've owned Z's since the 90's and also have driven/owned Mustangs. There is no comparison whatsoever. The technology of the Japanese carmakers owns all your base. Ford had no imagination. Nissan dared to be different. My 1990 300ZX with 222 hp STOCK could outhandle and outrace a stock 1993 LX 5.0 with more hp and torque. Why is that? I knew the driver because he was a good friend. He loved my Z.

And if you actually saw my location, you'd probably see why I made the statement about rare sightings of Z's compared to Mustangs. I organized a Z club, and we have an average of 20 Z33's show up for our Spring meets. I know there are more, but we don't see them like we see the Ford.

I will always enjoy my Z for a lot more reasons than you can imagine. I never get tired of driving my Z. I bought it for a reason. I could care less about back seats. I have a minivan for my family.

You keep thinking that you're better than me if it makes you feel better.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:11 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEKL
http://tinyurl.com/y8dq7vy

You must be forgetting these gems...

LOL! Everything after '71 is lack luster IMO.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
LOL! Everything after '71 is lack luster IMO.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:33 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a dumb thread...let s compare old cars to new cars...doesnt matter what the damn car is at least compare the same years or compare a new z to it....thats just stupid..plus i guarantee a DE z would still be nose to nose with it..those times are garbage that the z is rated for..my 03 went 13.7 bone stock and there are many who have better times than that stock DE's...
Old 04-11-2010, 06:05 PM
widebody350

My god you're a moron
Then prove the moron wrong...

Your coveted POS Nismo nets you the same performance as a regular 350Z from 2007, so I'd to ask who the moron is now, but I will refrain. To me paying more for the same performance is pretty dumb. Sorry that pisses you off and you have to resort to calling me a moron. Personal attacks are signs of weak and/or failing arguments. They both go 0-60 in 5.1 and through the quarter at 13.7.

I know they were built by Autech where the frames were welded yaddy yah, they should have made it lighter with more hp, and maybe then it would have the performance necessary to command the high price and the limited production number. When Lambo or Ferrari produce a limited production car, it doesn't perform the same as their base model
Old 04-11-2010, 06:22 PM
JEKL

Dude does have a point that the benefits of the Nismo is kinda weak for a limited edition model. I have always associated a limited edition to have a lot more power than its stock counterpart.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:01 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
.those times are garbage that the z is rated for..my 03 went 13.7 bone stock and there are many who have better times than that stock DE's...
I only counted 3 in the 13.6'ish range for bone stock DE's. Didn't see your name anywhere on the list for stock 350z's.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Comparing a 2011 to a 2003 is as stupid as posting this thread...
Old 04-12-2010, 05:29 AM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
I only counted 3 in the 13.6'ish range for bone stock DE's. Didn't see your name anywhere on the list for stock 350z's.
The previous owner of my Z ran a 13.6 bone stock and has the slip to prove it, and he's not on the list, the list is not the end all.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Demonbfg

Congratulations, you went from owning the rarest 350z ever made to the most over glorified car on the road.

here's a cookie

It was a piece of ****,in the shop more than on the road.They have no resale value...and never will.The shelby is built a hell of alot better and will hold it's value.They aren't even in the same league....and if so many ppl, own mustangs that should tell you something.
Attached Thumbnails Now that the V6 Mustang spanks the Z...-snake-dinner.jpeg  
Old 04-12-2010, 07:11 AM
*Boose*

Ask *Boose*... He is very familiar with the culprit...
Lol, the internet is a small place. It was a joke like the twisted wedge heads. People get butt hurt over the internet. Not saying you did but come on some guy posts up he beat a 600 with a lightly modded ls come on that place is full of jokes.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:15 AM
*Boose*

When I was browsing some different threads and google results looking for the production numbers, I saw a post that Nissan even made some of the Nismos in 08 because there was a demand which pissed off the author of the post, which shows that Nissan did indeed make them for per demand, yet only produced how many? 1600 Lol true showing of the demand for a Z with a body kit and the same performance stats.

And they now make this while Nissan makes this. GTFO with all of that. I own a Cobra and a Z, so I really have no preference either way, but I've always felt the Nismo Z was a dumb car and only an exploitation of those who like the Z car. Nissan should have rewarded it's Z fans with a Nismo model worthy of the name and all the little plaques/numbers.
It's a shame the real Nismo never made it here. The 380RS Nismo. The one the US model should've been.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 AM
*Boose*

Then prove the moron wrong...

Your coveted POS Nismo nets you the same performance as a regular 350Z from 2007, so I'd to ask who the moron is now, but I will refrain. To me paying more for the same performance is pretty dumb. Sorry that pisses you off and you have to resort to calling me a moron. Personal attacks are signs of weak and/or failing arguments. They both go 0-60 in 5.1 and through the quarter at 13.7.

I know they were built by Autech where the frames were welded yaddy yah, they should have made it lighter with more hp, and maybe then it would have the performance necessary to command the high price and the limited production number. When Lambo or Ferrari produce a limited production car, it doesn't perform the same as their base model
Nor are they in the same price league. You don't compare an F1 car to an SCCA built car. Two different price leagues that attract completely different audiences. The Z for costing under 40k in 07 was in a league of its own.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:32 AM
*Boose*

Not everyone that goes to the track posts on my350Z. I ran 13.948 stock and have the slip to prove it but my time's not there .

Just another car some 350Z owners are afraid of. God forbid they run 12's with bolt ons. Some if not most Z owners need to tuck their ***** up and realise the Z is not going to be the fastest car in the world. Let the GTR handle it and if you can't afford it stop complaining about how slow it is compared to the new Mustang, Camaro, or whatever else comes next. Appreciate what you drive and don't take it for granted. We all could be driving 1990 Taurus' if we weren't so fortunate.

Quick Reply: Now that the V6 Mustang spanks the Z...