Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:49 AM
vision619

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Cliff's notes:

VRT showed up at a "meet" for a short period of time, with some modified Z's with prototype JWT Turbo kits that had all different kinds of intercoolers on them. They then proceeded to high tail it out of there and leave rubber marks behind. CLASSY to say the least.

So how did VRT prove itself to be a reputable 350Z tuner and installer by showing up at some car meet with some turbo Z's and then taking off like bats out of hell?

I never doubted that VRT indeed had cars with turbo and s/cer kits on them...I do doubt however that VRT has any useful knowledege about 350Z modification that somehow makes them "better than the rest". They talk the talk and spin their tires...that's about it so far.
Cliff's notes:
So how did VRT prove itself to be a reputable 350Z tuner:

Well I'm no expert, but if it's a JWT kit ... who would be your first guess as to who tunes it? I'll tell you mine after you tell me yours

and installer:

The VRT car with the MOST track time and miles on it (I think over 10,000 now but I could be wrong) has a VRT BUILT engine in it. Also, on a side note, if VRT is testing these Jim Wolf Prototype kits, do you think Jim would let just any company with any mechanic install them. I would get the feeling it would have to be a company with a mechanic who Jim has great faith , experience and a relationship with.

I never doubted that VRT indeed had cars with turbo and s/cer kits on them...I do doubt however that VRT has any useful knowledege about 350Z modification that somehow makes them "better than the rest". :

Do you know something we don't? Common tell us! PLEASE!!!! Please tell us! I can't stand the mystery anymore! Tell me, tell me, tell me!!!! If you do I'll FedEx you a copy of Sport Compact Magazine for free to .... wait where is it that your making these accusations from ... Illinois! Sorry can't afford shipping to the other side of the Country!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:56 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vision619
Cliff's notes:
So how did VRT prove itself to be a reputable 350Z tuner:

Well I'm no expert, but if it's a JWT kit ... who would be your first guess as to who tunes it? I'll tell you mine after you tell me yours

and installer:

The VRT car with the MOST track time and miles on it (I think over 10,000 now but I could be wrong) has a VRT BUILT engine in it. Also, on a side note, if VRT is testing these Jim Wolf Prototype kits, do you think Jim would let just any company with any mechanic install them. I would get the feeling it would have to be a company with a mechanic who Jim has great faith , experience and a relationship with.

I never doubted that VRT indeed had cars with turbo and s/cer kits on them...I do doubt however that VRT has any useful knowledege about 350Z modification that somehow makes them "better than the rest". :

Do you know something we don't? Common tell us! PLEASE!!!! Please tell us! I can't stand the mystery anymore! Tell me, tell me, tell me!!!! If you do I'll FedEx you a copy of Sport Compact Magazine for free to .... wait where is it that your making these accusations from ... Illinois! Sorry can't afford shipping to the other side of the Country!
Ask VRT about the 5 motors they've blown up so far, and about the fact that they don't even have their own dyno, or build their own motors.

Furthermore, if Jim Wolf had so much "faith" in VRT, then he would be on here talking up his kit and their cars. Haven't heard a PEEP from JWT. When I talked to them on the phone, they didn't seem to thrilled to talk about VRT either.

Keep that wool over your eyes.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 AM
VRT
Banned

Thanks COJ and KJ for the words of encouragement.

We honestly are just trying to make G's and Z's better. We do not think we are the only solution, yet we use great products to make power - JWT TT, Clutch, Fly, for braking AP RACING, suspension -JIC and Tokico/Eibach, and for rims and tires (Ray's - Volk or NISMO) with 285 f-315/30/18.

However, our goals aren't to be tuners or a shop to the public, yet continually release a consistent line of VRT Z's and G's in the same vain as M with BMW and SVT with Mustangs. Kind of reaching high, yet these are our goals. WE ALSO AREN'T MAKING DRAG CARS or DYNO QUEENS.

We believe the Z and G can be improved yet still drive like the way a stock car was meant to be - just with ***** & 100-250 more to the wheel and handle corners a lot faster and brake, even after 20 laps on a track, time and time again with awesome precision.

We are just serious about our future success and confident we are on the right path. Not being Cocky - just seriously confident.

As for the single intercooler on the G35. We have to give props to Tim at SFR who originally fabricated this a year ago. I had a Stillen front end that had a huge opening so we, my team, modified my SFR kit/Spearco Intercooler that was on the Silver convertible to fit the JWT kit. Kinda a Frankenstein Monster yet it works and looks awesome. As for power number deviances, we will have to test that. The JWT intercoolers breath great so I would suspect there is no power change, yet perhaps we could test the differences on the Dyno some day soon to get some real proof. We will just have to fabricate a few pipes to make the switch easy and reliable.

Thanks again Mia and others for inviting us to Fusion. There are some awesome cars. We will be there again. We also will post some of our new cars, red Z and two grey Z dyno numbers once they are available. The built grey Z - USN_HM's, gets tuned and on the dyno at JWT in the next few days.

FYI - BriGuyMax - The only motors we ever blew were motors built by SFR and/or had the SFR kit on them do to a problem with piston squirters being wedge between the rod and the external SFR oil pump. Your numbers are skewed, 2 motors (one built by SFR) and one stock while using the SFR kit. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. And if you would ever like to visit my garage at our facility, let me know and I will fly you out JUST TO FINALLY GET YOU TO STOP TALKING SH... and GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT....

Thanks for your hateration - it at least makes things interesting regardless if I have no idea who you are and why you keep believing the BAD RECON INFO you are getting. BriGuyMax - DUDE, You act like I stole your girlfriend or something...Why Do You Hate So Badly?

Once again - We are at the Streets of Willow for the Motor Press Guild, thanks for the INVITE JWT, and Big Willow for Opentrackracing on Wednesday November 16, 2005. We will have 5 cars there so come and join the fun.

Warmly,

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???-g_intercooler.jpg  

Last edited by VRT; 11-09-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:06 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by VRT
However, our goals aren't to be tuners or a shop to the public, yet continually release a consistent line of VRT Z's and G's in the same vain as M with BMW and SVT with Mustangs. Kind of reaching high, yet these are our goals.
Are you kidding me???

When you start working with Nissan to built factory supercars for them with YOUR OWN PARTS, and offer a warranty to boot, give me a call.

DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE HOW RETARDED THAT SOUNDS??? ANYONE??
Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 AM
g35pm

The G with the single intercooler was paired with a stillen bumper. Probably a custom job or maybe just the kit for the Z with slight tubing modification. A black G was there with the dual intercoolers and the stock bumper. Looked sleeper, unless you take a close look at the ducts on the bumper, the intercoolers are hard to spot. However since each intercooler is bigger than each air duct, I would think that they are not at %100 efficiency due to the bumper still covering up the outer fringes of each intercooler.

If the ducts on the stock bumper allowed for %100 airflow to the intercoolers, I would think the power output would be close or equal to a setup with a single (paired with a aftermarket bumper with a large single opening). I saw a Z the seemed to have the dual intercoolers that come with the G kit that could be used for comparison. Any dyno sheets available to compare?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:15 AM
vision619

Are you kidding me???

When you start working with Nissan to built factory supercars for them with YOUR OWN PARTS, and offer a warranty to boot, give me a call.

DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE HOW RETARDED THAT SOUNDS??? ANYONE??
Your a joke guy. He simply said he's trying to achieve what they (M Series, SVT's, AMG's Etc..) have in that you can enjoy a comfortable "stock" ride and feel but at the same time have that power, handling and braking readily available when you want or need it. Not trying to reach a collaborative effort with Nissan USA to make production line cars. LOL

Your just reaching now. I think it's time you chime out and let serious conversation take place. It's guys like you "plain old haters" that are going to ruin these boards.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:15 AM
ActionJackson

... I think you're retarded for hating so much -_-.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:19 AM
vision619

Ask VRT about the 5 motors they've blown up so far, and about the fact that they don't even have their own dyno, or build their own motors.

Furthermore, if Jim Wolf had so much "faith" in VRT, then he would be on here talking up his kit and their cars. Haven't heard a PEEP from JWT. When I talked to them on the phone, they didn't seem to thrilled to talk about VRT either.

Keep that wool over your eyes.
Jim is too busy making his kit CARB legal to sit here like us jack asses all day and make posts on message boards just to be "hated on" by guys like you for no apparant reason.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:25 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Your a joke guy. He simply said he's trying to achieve what they (M Series, SVT's, AMG's Etc..) have in that you can enjoy a comfortable "stock" ride and feel but at the same time have that power, handling and braking readily available when you want or need it. Not trying to reach a collaborative effort with Nissan USA to make production line cars. LOL

Your just reaching now. I think it's time you chime out and let serious conversation take place. It's guys like you "plain old haters" that are going to ruin these boards.
Keep swining from their nuts...it's will be amusing when they are exposed for who they really are.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:27 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Jim is too busy making his kit CARB legal to sit here like us jack asses all day and make posts on message boards just to be "hated on" by guys like you for no apparant reason.

Wow..YOU'RE even skirting the comment about 5 blown motors...

And for the record I would NEVER bag on Jim Wolf. JWT has proven itself, VRT hasn't.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:28 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
... I think you're retarded for hating so much -_-.
Wow...I don't even know what to say....you're my idol for your endless insight.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:31 AM
VRT
Banned

Read my post above Smart Guy...

"FYI - BriGuyMax - The only motors we ever blew were motors built by SFR and/or had the SFR kit on them do to a problem with piston squirters being wedge between the rod and the external SFR oil pump. Your numbers are skewed, 2 motors (one built by SFR) and one stock while using the SFR kit. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. And if you would ever like to visit my garage at our facility, let me know and I will fly you out JUST TO FINALLY GET YOU TO STOP TALKING SH... and GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT...."

Last edited by VRT; 11-09-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:33 AM
vision619

Wow..YOU'RE even skirting the comment about 5 blown motors...

And for the record I would NEVER bag on Jim Wolf. JWT has proven itself, VRT hasn't.
5 Blown motors?
#1. Where did you get this number?
#2. It's wrong
#3. Do we not have to break a few eggs to make an omelet?

Last edited by vision619; 11-09-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

no Bri, you are my Idol for your idiotic ramblings on something you obviously know Jack shiat about.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 AM
MIAPLAYA

Well this thread blew up over night. VRT was there last night with 5 installed JWT kits on cars. Three with built motors from what they said. I agree they didn't say long but they did prove they had 5 kits. I find it funny that I was at Jim Wolf's shop last friday and he told me and another to our face VRT only had two kits...needless to say Jim Wolf isn't being completely honest. As for performance we didn't run last night but I did offer. I will say I have heard a lot of both good and bad in the last two days. Hopefully VRT will come out to the dyno day on Dec 10 and show what those cars can do on the dyno. And I know I'll see you all at MPG this coming Wednesday
Old 11-09-2005, 08:59 AM
ActionJackson

That's great, my comment was short so that I wouldn't have to waste my breath with a long winded speech of what I thought about you with your narrowminded holier than thou attitude that you seem to partake in any discussion about VRT. VRT here said they'd personally fly you down to take a look, why haven't you taken them up on that offer yet? Afraid you'd be proven wrong on all of your supposed real "Facts" that you seem to have that nobody else seems to know about?

Just take your 12 year IQ and leave you troll, and let us adults have a nice discussion on the development of the JWT TT kit.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:03 AM
ActionJackson

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Well this thread blew up over night. VRT was there last night with 5 installed JWT kits on cars. Three with built motors from what they said. I agree they didn't say long but they did prove they had 5 kits. I find it funny that I was at Jim Wolf's shop last friday and he told me and another to our face VRT only had two kits...needless to say Jim Wolf isn't being completely honest. As for performance we didn't run last night but I did offer. I will say I have heard a lot of both good and bad in the last two days. Hopefully VRT will come out to the dyno day on Dec 10 and show what those cars can do on the dyno. And I know I'll see you all at MPG this coming Wednesday
Hey Mia, did you get a chance to talk to any of the guys at VRT? What are your impressions of the kit after seeing them in person? Any immediate advantages or disadvantages of the kit just by looking into the engine bay?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:10 AM
VRT
Banned

There were 5 Mia. You only looked at the Red Z, Silver Roadster, and Black G. You missed the Grey G and USN_Hm built Grey Z. I thought your car was sick and will look forward seeing you at Willow Springs next week. I will confidently & gladly let you drive one of my personal cars on the track so you can compare to your Turbo set-up to what we have been doing on stock internals.

Thanks again for the invite.

Michael
Old 11-09-2005, 09:13 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
Hey Mia, did you get a chance to talk to any of the guys at VRT? What are your impressions of the kit after seeing them in person? Any immediate advantages or disadvantages of the kit just by looking into the engine bay?
Well I've seen the JWT kit before. The kit performs that a fact. They run a fuel set up like Vortech. An FMU and bigger fuel pump that kicks up the fuel pressure under boost but uses stock injectors. This is for CARB of course but not the way I would like a fuel system. However on their built motors they said they had bigger injectors but I didn't find out what size they were. Most of what you can see is piping on the JWT kit. Not like the APS or Greddy either. Theres MORE piping in the engine bay running across the radiator up innto the throttle body up from the turbo...just a LOT of piping. Some like that, others dont. Its up to you I guess. Other then that I can't speak to performance of the cars. I did not see any dyno charts, track slips, transponder times or anything like that. VRT told me the three built motor cars put down 505-510 on pump gas daily and the stock motor cars are making about 430 to the wheels on pump gas. I don't know what kind of boost that is at and again I didn't see the dyno sheets but thats what they told me. I will be on the track with them at the same time next Wed for MPG and I can get lap times there I guess. Also there is the dyno day on Dec 10 which I hope they attend and I can get numbers from that. I didn't go for a ride in any of the cars and there were no races to gauge performance other then some chirping of tires out of the parking lot. Keep in mind I am not knocking anyone here this is what I saw with my own eyes last night.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by VRT
There were 5 Mia. You only looked at the Red Z, Silver Roadster, and Black G. You missed the Grey G and USN_Hm built Grey Z. I thought your car was sick and will look forward seeing you at Willow Springs next week. I will confidently & gladly let you drive one of my personal cars on the track so you can compare to your Turbo set-up to what we have been doing on stock internals.

Thanks again for the invite.

Michael
Um read my post again....I said there were 5. Twice now I think.

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???