Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Sucks, Part 20

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Phaneom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Forced

Originally Posted by publisher
Sir, if you were the person who disrespected and dismissed Art Singer at the SEMA Media Event nearly two years, you know the truth about what happened. If it was your idea to discontinue with Sport Z, stuff happens and we're fine with that. If you were at that meeting, you know what I posted earlier to be the truth. We are going to concentrate our efforts on Mustang and that's why we're pulling our ad from Sport Z. Paraphrased slightly!

So, when you say "That's silly" you may want to read the email Art Singer sent to Jamie when this thread got hot a couple of weeks ago. You should stand by the way you discharged us and not hide behind "that's silly."

Bob
Sport Z pub
That was not me...I wasn't there. I can't say what happened. There are two sides to every story. Anyways, we gave your mag a shot. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Again...the "that's silly" comment was about giving up on the Z/G community...not about SportZ.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:36 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by Forced
That was not me...I wasn't there. I can't say what happened. There are two sides to every story. Anyways, we gave your mag a shot. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Again...the "that's silly" comment was about giving up on the Z/G community...not about SportZ.
Sir, I believe everybody knows what "that's silly" means. (Think Mustang!)

You may want to train your media folks (reps?) to be civil with people who walk into your room at the next SEMA Media Event. The Vortech comments to Art at the event had no real significance to any of us at Sport Z and was largely forgotten.

UNTIL...

When the my350z.com Vortech quality issue came to be and wouldn't stop, I thought it was my duty to inform the Z community on how we were mishandled at the media event. The Vortech rep(s) deeply disrespected Sport Z on that day and I find it feasible that everyone in their employ are told to toe-the-line and act accordingly.

I've noticed that you and Jamie have not addressed your Mustang statement. True? Not true? If you would like to be on the side of right, your answer would be true. However, before you answer, you need to talk with the man/men who made the comments to Art and ascertain his/their side of the issue at hand.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Forced

Sir, I believe everybody knows what "that's silly" means. (Think Mustang!)

You may want to train your media folks (reps?) to be civil with people who walk into your room at the next SEMA Media Event. The Vortech comments to Art at the event had no real significance to any of us at Sport Z and was largely forgotten.

UNTIL...

When the my350z.com Vortech quality issue came to be and wouldn't stop, I thought it was my duty to inform the Z community on how we were mishandled at the media event. The Vortech rep(s) deeply disrespected Sport Z on that day and I find it feasible that everyone in their employ are told to toe-the-line and act accordingly.

I've noticed that you and Jamie have not addressed your Mustang statement. True? Not true? If you would like to be on the side of right, your answer would be true. However, before you answer, you need to talk with the man/men who made the comments to Art and ascertain his/their side of the issue at hand.

Bob
Sport Z pub
I think you are a bit bitter that we pulled out of your mag. But anyway...we did put a lot of money into the new Mustang...so yes we may have pulled out of your mag to up the antie in the Mustang community...so what?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:06 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by Forced
I think you are a bit bitter that we pulled out of your mag. But anyway...we did put a lot of money into the new Mustang...so yes we may have pulled out of your mag to up the antie in the Mustang community...so what?
Bitter >>> Not a chance.

How your gang (rep's???) disrespected Art at the media event >>> Hardly thought about it before this thread.

So what? >>> There is much more and you (Vortech) say "So what?" OK, here's "So what? See below...

First, there's this.

Your rep's(???) spewed his venom at our associate publisher Art Singer much like Vortech dismissed g8tor20. I witnessed a direct correlation between how you (Vortech) sent Art packing and how you handled the g8tor20 incident. I was not going to stand by and let you (Vortech) pull off a "not my problem" stunt without my $0.02. The character of a company is not always defined by the products they manufacture. It's more like how they (the company) relate to people and how they (Vortech) go about solving problems. From what I see, you're 0 for 2.

The Mustang comments aimed at Art is only the tip of the Vortech heap. Your rep's(???) were angry at us (Sport Z Magazine) because we didn't give Vortech a glowing review when you (Vortech) participated in the SZM Supercharger Shootout a couple years back.

The words below are part of the recent email Art sent to Jamie:

Hi Jamie, Art Singer from Sport Z Magazine. Just wanted to clarify a few things posted on my350z.com. I was at the SEMA Media event in LA last year and met with the person you had sent to be the rep for Vortech. It was not you. Just wanted to make that clear.

On the other hand I was treated like sh*t by the rep as soon as i walked in the door. In fact my first thought was to tell him to fu$k off, but being a professional got the better of me and I bit my tongue and just sat quitely as he explained why Vortech would never again advertise in our magazine.

His reasons were "We did not give Vortech a glowing review in our supercharger shootout and since we didn't rank you as the best SC, Vortech wanted nothing to do with us (his words, not mine). That is fine, I had no problem with that. We are not in the business of writing articles just to make everyone look good.Our writers write what they see and feel. Granted we did go in and rewrite the article to make it a little softer because we felt the writer was harsher then he needed to be. If you read the article you will notice that we did not pick a clear cut winner. We wanted to leave that up to the reader.

As you can see, I never wrote a letter to you about this problem, although at the time I was ready to, but felt it would have been a waste of time. I have a feeling this is too, but at least I feel better. lol

Personally, I have nothing against your company and know that you are and will be successful with or without the Z or G35. My problem was with your rep. He could have conducted himself in a more professional way. No one should have been made to feel the way I did after having to put up with his crap for 15 minutes. And he got really pissed at me when I told him that someone from Vortech had called us to get ad specs. He said that was impossible since he is the main man and everything had to go through him first and there was no way he was going to approve that.

I hope you'll understand that we are just trying to tell it the way we see it. We are not a big time publishing company that sugar coats articles just to keep advertisers happy so that we don't lose the almighty advertising dollars. If we lose an advertiser because we didn't say exactly what they wanted to hear, so be it. Our readers deserve that much.

Granted, I will never be in Vortech's corner, but I will never say anything negative on forums as well (pub note, that's my job when warranted). Just my way of staying above it. I struggled (I guess struggled is not the word, more like I was disappointed) when I learned that the Fidanza sponsor car in our upcoming issue has a Vortech SC in it. Again, nothing to do with you and everything to do with your rep. He must be really good on the management side because his people skills really suck.

Sorry to see all this crap on the internet. You can't win if you post and you lose if you do. Either way it sucks. We (SZM) learned the hard way by trying to be the nice guys and respond to everything pertaining to us on forums and found out quickly that we lose no matter what. You just hope it goes away quickly. Good luck, it doesn't look like this can of worms is going to go away quickly."

"So what?" you say.

And then there's this: I don't believe many my350z.com members on this thread liked the way g8tor20 pulled away and went back to stock with no final statements to anyone (that I know). Quiting, if that's what he did, leaves the rest of us scratching our collective heads in wonderment.

In closing and much to Jamie's credit, his return email to Art included an apology. That's a very good thing and I need to get back to work.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-16-2006, 01:22 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NINJA-Z
All I can say is WOW .........thanks for the INFO sport Z . Sounds like Vortech needs to work on their customer service.
LOL
Old 03-16-2006, 02:44 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

All I can say is WOW .........thanks for the INFO sport Z . Sounds like Vortech needs to work on their customer service.
They have many new and old customers who love their products. They'll be fine.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-16-2006, 03:02 PM
booger

hey boog, did you ever take that hose and stick it up your a$$ and blow all the $hit out of you?
No...was waiting for you to get on the other end of the hose like you said you really wanted to....lol
Old 03-16-2006, 03:08 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

hey boog, did you ever take that hose and stick it up your a$$ and blow all the $hit out of you?
Ninja-Z, the accounting I provided is there for the taking. It's honest and my350z.com members can accept it; or not. Booger's responce to your comment is one way to participate and your response to his response is another.

My accounting of the facts is as stated and dissenters have the right to come at me hard if they're so inclined. I've said what I've said and now, I'll simply move on.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
arneltec

Default Wow!

Well, that took a while to read, I've alwaysed wanted to go FI with my Z, after 2 years of stock... I thought I was ready...I'm ganna hold off on that
Old 03-16-2006, 04:05 PM
booger

Originally Posted by arneltec
Well, that took a while to read, I've alwaysed wanted to go FI with my Z, after 2 years of stock... I thought I was ready...I'm ganna hold off on that
you gonna find threads like this one...for just about every kit out there
Ive read threads about some one pissed at every FI kit maker out there for this motor . So you pick a kit and I'll find a post about some one mad as hell at them
Old 03-16-2006, 04:19 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

That comment was in no way directed at you.........Booger is a HKS supercharger hater. The comment was directed at him and solely at him
I knew that. See my response to your PM.

Bob
Old 03-16-2006, 04:27 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by booger
you gonna find threads like this one...for just about every kit out there
Ive read threads about some one pissed at every FI kit maker out there for this motor . So you pick a kit and I'll find a post about some one mad as hell at them
I'm not in any way mad at Vortech. They stepped all over my associate publisher at the SEMA Media Event and I saw a similarity on how g8tor20 was handled so I felt it appropriate to state my piece. The Vortech "So what" statement required full disclosure on my part and that's exactly what he got. Nothing more and nothing less.

Bob
Old 03-16-2006, 06:40 PM
booger

I'm not in any way mad at Vortech. They stepped all over my associate publisher at the SEMA Media Event and I saw a similarity on how g8tor20 was handled so I felt it appropriate to state my piece. The Vortech "So what" statement required full disclosure on my part and that's exactly what he got. Nothing more and nothing less.

Bob
I wasnt refering to you Publisher , but G8tor20 .
Take Turbonetix for example ..I have seen nothing but that company trying to be as helpful as possible with people that have thier kit . But there is a thread on this site and over at G35driver ...some one hates them for a problem they have had.
I understand that your mag feels they were not treated right at Sema . But from what Ive read in this thread , they have tried to straighten the problem out with G8tor20 , but when the customer will not send the blower back . How can they be expected to fix or replace the blower....with out the bad one on hand to inspect it . I personally have had to send mine back twice in the last month . I dont exspect them to send me a new blower and then I send back the bad one . But that is what Vortech ended up doing in the long run for g8tor20.

As far as MR NinjaZ ....there has been some bad blood between him and I , when I confronted him on some lie's he was stating about his whp with the HKS SC. SO he took the opportunity to throw in a little jab on the Vortech . AS you can see by his insults , he isnt over it yet .

Last edited by booger; 03-16-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Forced

Bob
Sport Z pub
OK Bob. If in fact our Marketing Director said those words to Art. Then I apologize. That is not a good reason for pulling out of a magazine. We have had other books that we advertise in give us good and bad reviews. We just keep on truckin'.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:29 AM
booger

Forced...I PMed you and Jamie

Quick Reply: Vortech Sucks, Part 20