Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Sucks, Part 20

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 09:57 AM
EM-EFER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by booger
I wasnt refering to you Publisher , but G8tor20 .
Take Turbonetix for example ..I have seen nothing but that company trying to be as helpful as possible with people that have thier kit . But there is a thread on this site and over at G35driver ...some one hates them for a problem they have had.
I understand that your mag feels they were not treated right at Sema . But from what Ive read in this thread , they have tried to straighten the problem out with G8tor20 , but when the customer will not send the blower back . How can they be expected to fix or replace the blower....with out the bad one on hand to inspect it . I personally have had to send mine back twice in the last month . I dont exspect them to send me a new blower and then I send back the bad one . But that is what Vortech ended up doing in the long run for g8tor20.
But think on g8tor20's side... This was his only means of transportation. I remember the first thread he started in October when Vortech says "Go back to the installer its his fault". So he brought it to another shop.. That cost him $300 out of his pocket plus downtime on the car. Then Vortech says send it back... he says ok. They say its not the supercharger and charge him the time to look at it.

I see it from both sides of the story and you seem obviously partial but imo vortech was to late and really showed true colors until their reputation came on the line. This doesnt look good for them from my point of view.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dunno but i'm of the opinion if your Z is your only ride and you're going to FI it, buy a daily beater car - anything. Buy some $4k POS used civic or something. You want to at least have access to another car cause who knows when something will go wrong on a FI Z - as reliable as they may or may not be
Old 03-17-2006, 11:27 AM
dimebagdolf

Originally Posted by sentry65
i dunno but i'm of the opinion if your Z is your only ride and you're going to FI it, buy a daily beater car - anything. Buy some $4k POS used civic or something. You want to at least have access to another car cause who knows when something will go wrong on a FI Z - as reliable as they may or may not be
+1

Absolutely!!!

My Z is my weekend car. I bought exactly that... a '96 Civic for $4500.
Makes life much easier.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:30 AM
sentry65
the burninator

hehe yeah and it's a nice contrast driving something slow then driving the Z. It'll feel way faster and more fun than if you drive only the Z all the time.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:42 AM
dimebagdolf

Big Time!

I push the poor chipmunks under the hood of my civic so hard during the week.
Then I unleash the Dragon on the weekend.

So nice...
Old 03-17-2006, 01:11 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by Forced
OK Bob. If in fact our Marketing Director said those words to Art. Then I apologize. That is not a good reason for pulling out of a magazine. We have had other books that we advertise in give us good and bad reviews. We just keep on truckin'.
I would suggest that you find the man responsible for all this SZM stuff and put out his lights. Kidding.

Your marketing director needs to be accountable to Art and the "If in fact" sentence should not include the word "if." I find it hard to believe that only "he" knows why you pulled out of Sport Z. I understand the business I'm in and I know advertisers join up and pull-out; it's simply business. I do not harbor grudges against anyone who choses to leave.

Even when a advertiser does it your (Vortech) way, I'll not act on it. By the way you (Vortech) handled g8tor20, you (Vortech) proved to me that your rep was indeed truthful to Art and was, in fact, concentrating their marketing and customer service on Mustang. (If it walked like a duck...)

Bob
Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Forced

Originally Posted by publisher
... By the way you (Vortech) handled g8tor20, you (Vortech) proved to me that your rep was indeed truthful to Art and was, in fact, concentrating their marketing and customer service on Mustang. (If it walked like a duck...)

Bob
Wrong...a customer in need is a customer in need. We screen through the technical support calls and only help the Mustang customers, give me a break. We are not concentrating on the Mustang market only. Do you know where we advertise?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:30 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I took the time to read this entire thread. Gator, I sympathize with you and your delimma/hassle. I have no words to describe how I feel about the issue besides what many have already stated. I will say that for future reference I will deeply reconsider purchasing a Vortech SC, seeing I had previously planned on purchasing one this summer. Publisher, I applaud your attention to detail, professionalism, and willingness to stand up for the little guy.

Val
Old 03-22-2006, 03:42 PM
g8tor20

Well..since this thread was brought back up, i will update everyone. Jaime at Vortech finally agreed to give me a rebuilt blower and a new bracket. Instead of putting more money into the system to get it all reinstalled and retuned, i decided to sell it. I had enough Vortech drama for one lifetime. As for the blower, it was sold to Zach in Arizona and should be getting installed soon.

I also want to take the time to thank Tom over at Next Level Performance (MadBoost) in Orlando, FL as they were the ones who de-installed the system. They were very professional and were a pleasure to do business with. Thank you Tom.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:08 AM
MadBoost

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
I also want to take the time to thank Tom over at Next Level Performance (MadBoost) in Orlando, FL as they were the ones who de-installed the system. They were very professional and were a pleasure to do business with. Thank you Tom.
Your Welcome Jason. Sorry it ended like this but I'm sure I'll see you at another FGC or OZOC event soon. If you get a urge to drive a FI car again I'm sure suaveyankees will let you take his out, LOL.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:30 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by vo7848
I took the time to read this entire thread. Gator, I sympathize with you and your delimma/hassle. I have no words to describe how I feel about the issue besides what many have already stated. I will say that for future reference I will deeply reconsider purchasing a Vortech SC, seeing I had previously planned on purchasing one this summer. Publisher, I applaud your attention to detail, professionalism, and willingness to stand up for the little guy.

Val

Bob
Old 03-23-2006, 01:36 PM
SixFootSix

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
I sometimes wish manufacturers would subscribe to some of these sites that have Threads and Posts could and see what is being said about their products.
They do. I picked up a free sponser for my Mustang when a guy at one of the biggest aftermarker mustang parts places read about my car
Old 03-23-2006, 01:46 PM
g8tor20

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Seven pages of ranting, raving and bullzhit and g8tor20 decides to "go back to stock".
Sorry for the delay, i didnt get any email notifications on this thread...ill respond to certain posts:

Well this statement isnt fair at all. I had a bad unit and would never try to sell it in that condition. So...i had to get it fixed myself. I came to a point where i had to throw more money into the car or part it out. YOu have no idea what situation i may or may not be in. It was a decision i had to make and I'll move on.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
g8tor20

Originally Posted by booger
I wasnt refering to you Publisher , but G8tor20 .
Take Turbonetix for example ..I have seen nothing but that company trying to be as helpful as possible with people that have thier kit . But there is a thread on this site and over at G35driver ...some one hates them for a problem they have had.
I understand that your mag feels they were not treated right at Sema . But from what Ive read in this thread , they have tried to straighten the problem out with G8tor20 , but when the customer will not send the blower back . How can they be expected to fix or replace the blower....with out the bad one on hand to inspect it . I personally have had to send mine back twice in the last month . I dont exspect them to send me a new blower and then I send back the bad one . But that is what Vortech ended up doing in the long run for g8tor20.

As far as MR NinjaZ ....there has been some bad blood between him and I , when I confronted him on some lie's he was stating about his whp with the HKS SC. SO he took the opportunity to throw in a little jab on the Vortech . AS you can see by his insults , he isnt over it yet .

Booger...i think you misread this thread. I did send the blower back once and it continued to make a noise. Its when they told me to resend it back to them for re-inspection is when i blew my lid. I did everything asked of me to fix this thing. It wasnt until i came on here and started to realy point the finger where i got it resolved.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:22 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Forced
Wrong...a customer in need is a customer in need. We screen through the technical support calls and only help the Mustang customers, give me a break. We are not concentrating on the Mustang market only. Do you know where we advertise?
OT but, maybe you can help. I am looking for a a stainless steel mounting flange for the bypass valve that comes with your kit. The one that you offer is mild steel, any help for a customer in need?
Old 04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
tropicalypso

think we will ever know if that blower was truly fixed?
Old 04-30-2006, 05:06 AM
jdm4eva

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
think we will ever know if that blower was truly fixed?
Your sooo right dude, after all this bickering, name calling and flaming we have still yet to hear if the problem has been fixed....

I understand Gator's position and I understand Jamie (Vortech) position, but why hasn't a solution to this problem been solved...It makes is very hard for the guys that are considering buying a Vortech S/C if situations like this ever get resolved...Oh well, I still might consider buying my Vortech and giving it a try....

jdm4eva
Old 06-04-2006, 12:38 PM
buffmanjeff

I'm bringing this back because i have the same sound problem and i dont know how to fix it. How can a unit that costs so much sound so terrible. I just got the system back from installation and seriously the noise kills everything i was hoping for this kit. I'm very upset right now. What can i do to fix this (besides doing the idle raising trick which i dont think works, because the noise is still there its just overpowered by engine noise). No excuses vortech, what can i do to fix this brand new kit?
Old 06-04-2006, 12:46 PM
sentry65
the burninator

I wasn't thrilled about my vortech at idle either when it was first installed, but I swear as the belt stretched and was adjusted and the blower got some miles on it, it quieted down a little. Raising the idle helped a lot in my case too

honestly my clutch makes a more noticable sound than the blower

Quick Reply: Vortech Sucks, Part 20