Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Stage 4 no power gain

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by nateg35
Ahh...now you got it...JUST BCUZ U'R GETTIN the good time with your N/A doesn't mean $hit when comparing NA vs STillen
BTW...I did the calculation for you base on the video
Stillen stg2 (cost & reliable) vs Greddy TT (cost & reliable)
No you dont have anything.

Im not saying Stillen cars cant run faster than NA, they can. Im saying that there have been 5 or 6 bolt-on Z's running LOW 13's high 12's and the same amount of Stillen cars running the same. So what I will say again is that bolt-on Z's can run with or beat Stillen Z's, why the fawk is that so hard to understand? I can show you 3 or 4 NA cars trapping 106+mph, now you wanna put me in my place? Show me 3 or 4 Stillen cars trapping 106mph+.....

...here Ill save you some search time-YOU CANT!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Dr.G
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i beat with my stock 350z many evos , does this mean that 350 stock is faster???? EVo's will eat 350z stock regardless. I also have seen a BMW 325i with 2.7l engine pulling 200whp beating an M3 2005 ()280whp (i was in that 325i next to the driver) does this mean anything??? no , the driver was much much better that's all
Old 04-25-2006, 12:22 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr.G
by the time i shift to 5th they are behind by more than 10 cars.
Are you talking 1/4 mile? I have an 5AT, so I wouldn't know, but do you need to shift to 5th with a 6MT in the 1/4 mile ?

Danny
Old 04-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

i beat with my stock 350z many evos , does this mean that 350 stock is faster???? EVo's will eat 350z stock regardless. I also have seen a BMW 325i with 2.7l engine pulling 200whp beating an M3 2005 ()280whp (i was in that 325i next to the driver) does this mean anything??? no , the driver was much much better that's all
Again Dr.G with the awesome input. What was the point of your post? Lets not bring in your BS street races to the table of 1/4 times we are sitting at.

AND WHERE THE FAWK IS YOUR TIME SLIP?
Pretty safe to say you were full of And for that I ask that you please STFU and stop posting making Stillen owners look even worse
Old 04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
nateg35

Originally Posted by Alberto
You can think a stage 4 will pull those times all you want, until I see it I wont go around talking it up. And I have no breakdown of the FI kits, its more than just power, traction and driver skill are equally important down the 1/4. And when the fawk did I say NA was better/ahead of a Greddy TT? LMAO th emore I think about what you just said the more I realize you dont have much track experience or general knowledge. If a Stage 3 in a G35/Z traps around 105/106mph do you really think a Stage 4 Stillen (which in some cars dont make power-but thats a diff story) with 20whp or so more in a G/Z is going to pick up 8-9mph down the 1/4? Pass the pipe man

Danny-I realize not all tracks/conditions are created equal, nor are all drivers, but I have seen enough Stillen times to know what they are capable of, and I refuse to think that of all the ones Ive seen that they all suck.
You're WRONG.....(stillen stage4 don't make power)...This is the THREAD is about...I will appreciate if you can help...other than helping, I don't see your point of trying to compare NA vs Stillen...so if you want to call out all Stillen owners...please open another thread yourself...otherwise just STFU
Old 04-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dr. G - everything you post is hear-say

Everything alberto posts is backed up. Who should we believe?

You've seen a 325i pull away from an M3? Wow, do you want a cookie?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Dr.G
Banned

[QUOTE=dscheers]Are you talking 1/4 mile? I have an 5AT, so I wouldn't know, but do you need to shift to 5th with a 6MT in the 1/4 mile ?

no not in 1/4 , but a tiny bit more : we were trying out just for fun not a 1/4 mile

Last edited by Dr.G; 04-25-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by nateg35
You're WRONG.....(stillen stage4 don't make power)...This is the THREAD is about...I will appreciate if you can help...other than helping, I don't see your point of trying to compare NA vs Stillen...so if you want to call out all Stillen owners...please open another thread yourself...otherwise just STFU
So now you see that you will lose this battle of Stillen vs NA in regards to 1/4you want to flame me for the stage 4 power comment I made earlier? Lol you guys are ridiculous-trying to bring me down in any way. I love seeing how Stillen onwers talk down NA guys, yet cant outrun them, and cry when turbo guys pick on them-such hypocrasy
Old 04-25-2006, 12:35 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this i starting to make me so im just gonna pour a big drink and get toasted.
kevinbonds

To be honest I have never had anyone make fun of my set-up. I have been to many car meets and get tons of attention. It;s not about being made fun of. If i really cared about being made fun of I would drive a twin turbo carrera instead of a z. It's about getting the most out of the car. And unless you are a professional driver, with years of track experience, not one and I mean one of us will be able to fully push the limits of the z prepared for a track either NA or turbo, supercharged etc. But I do agree that it would not be a bad idea to have a side by side comparo of straight out of the box set ups. Take all the kits FI kits that are running out of the box safe tune and let one driver test them all. I can assure you that if done that way most of the cars would run pretty solid numbers, and considerably better then any NA Z with all the mods you can think of. I know for one I will be willing to offer my car as a test vehicle. Other then that there is really not much else to say. There are to many variables driver error, weight of vehicle, track conditions, temperature, altitude etc to compare vehicles with different set ups. You may disagree with me but I know for a fact that some cars run faster times on different tracks under different conditions etc.
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dscheers
Are you talking 1/4 mile? I have an 5AT, so I wouldn't know, but do you need to shift to 5th with a 6MT in the 1/4 mile ?
no not in 1/4 , but a tiny bit more : we were trying out just for fun not a 1/4 mile
Ok so then your trap speed in nthe 1/4 mile is less than 110mph right ?

Danny
Old 04-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Dr.G
Banned

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Dr. G - everything you post is hear-say

Everything alberto posts is backed up. Who should we believe?

You've seen a 325i pull away from an M3? Wow, do you want a cookie?
325i vs M3 was a street race and the 325i much better shifter and driver, of course M3 would kill him if no driving was involved.
trust logic , as far as proof i'll get you all what you want it is just i do not have time now and iam lazy)))As far as iam concerned Alberto did not show me any proof , and if someone shows him a proof like the Stillen SC beating Greddy TT , he does not like it and considers it not enough proof. It seems the only valid proof to him is to go himself to stillen in CA and see byhimself.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
nateg35

Originally Posted by Alberto
So now you see that you will lose this battle of Stillen vs NA in regards to 1/4you want to flame me for the stage 4 power comment I made earlier? Lol you guys are ridiculous-trying to bring me down in any way. I love seeing how Stillen onwers talk down NA guys, yet cant outrun them, and cry when turbo guys pick on them-such hypocrasy
nah...I'm not comparing any kind of FI or NA...it's your attitude & other members as well) that I'm trying to point out. I'm not trying to bring you down or anything like that...in fact I do respect your help on other threads but you're bringing yourself down when talking down on other people's FI kit
Old 04-25-2006, 12:45 PM
kevinbonds

Well put
Old 04-25-2006, 12:46 PM
athenG

Ok let us face it, everyone that went for the Stillen wanted something good that is very reliable, true Plug N Play and fun to drive locally. Vortech and TN ST kit was my first choice but after evaluating my driving pattern, I just realized that 80% of my driving is local and don't track often. having most of the torque if not all at 2K RPM is fun to drive and will give me that rush without hitting redline every time I want the rush (Honda days) Stillen and Vortech are totally different kit not to mention has different purpose, Some go with still just because of the sound or just plain reliability.

Supercharger:
If you want Highway or 1/4 mile then Go with Vortech.
If you want good power for your daily drive on low - mid rpm then Stillen.

Also if you compare a 350wp Vortech to 320whp Stillen and look at the average under the curve, Stillen can hold its ground but if you want more and want bragging rights then Stillen is not for you.

Plus if a Vortech Z beat me, I give him a thumbs up at the end because we are all in one family and should stick together
Old 04-25-2006, 12:52 PM
kevinbonds

It's easy to rip the stillen kit, it's designed for long term reliablity and safety. Im sure there are plenty of people running built apstt kits, and greddy kits, that dont think to highly of turbonetics. That is there opinion but it doenst make them dumb, or stupid etc. As soon as you make personal attacks you lose credibilty. It's obvious that you know what your talking about in terms of your car and im sure us stillen guys know what there cars can do as well. I can tell you that people ship there cars from all over the world to stillen to have there supercharger installed. Obviously if they have the money to do that they have the money for any kind of forced induction available maybe even the aps tt kit. But im sure these people did there research and realized that this was there best option for what ever reason. I think it's best not to lump all stillen owners into one group. Maybe one guy has better results then another, but who really cares, it's not worth calling people names that just makes you look mean. And it;s all about having FUN.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:56 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by kevinbonds
It's easy to rip the stillen kit, it's designed for long term reliablity and safety. Im sure there are plenty of people running built apstt kits, and greddy kits, that dont think to highly of turbonetics. That is there opinion but it doenst make them dumb, or stupid etc. As soon as you make personal attacks you lose credibilty. It's obvious that you know what your talking about in terms of your car and im sure us stillen guys know what there cars can do as well. I can tell you that people ship there cars from all over the world to stillen to have there supercharger installed. Obviously if they have the money to do that they have the money for any kind of forced induction available maybe even the aps tt kit. But im sure these people did there research and realized that this was there best option for what ever reason. I think it's best not to lump all stillen owners into one group. Maybe one guy has better results then another, but who really cares, it's not worth calling people names that just makes you look mean. And it;s all about having FUN.
+1
After evaluating I can get a TN ST kit with just a few hundred $ more instead of a Stillen Stage 3 but at the end I want something fun to drive that will not gonna have complication down the road.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:56 PM
nateg35

Originally Posted by kevinbonds
+1
Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Dr.G
Banned

Originally Posted by dscheers
Ok so then your trap speed in nthe 1/4 mile is less than 110mph right ?

Danny
i don't know never tried really hard,
when it is a friendly race like with stock 350z,i shift to 5th early at 6000 rpm since i am already ahead a good deal. I do not push normally my car for no reason and very dew times i start from a full stop , i'll be rolling at 25 mph so to take it easy on the clutch. However i did many many 1Km races ( a bit more than 1/2 mile) starting from a roll. I'll let you know my best 1/4 mile when i do it and probably i would have to shift to fifth at the very end.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:00 PM
athenG

Had this posted on G35driver on one of the debate on NA vs Stillen

on stillen's site the kit is only $5,228
+ 800 - 1000 install so that's around $6,300 + Hood (i think $300 )= $6,500

after doing the math

Crawford Headers = 980
Crawford HFC = 500
HKS Exhaust = 1400
Iso thermal spacer = 300
Modified lower plenum (Mrev+) = 140 (has been dynoed to help non-revup motor)
UTEC/Tune = 1400+
Install will be around $1000+ for headers/HFC/Exhaust (MREV/Spacer can be done by your self)

Cost:
That's about 5.7k+, this should be close to Stage 2 HP but will have less torque than a Stillen SC Stage 2. This is without any Cams yet

I guess for less than $1,000 more you'll get that extra torque and nice pimp factor. Well minus - for ugly hood though (Some like it though)

Last edited by athenG; 04-25-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Stillen Stage 4 no power gain