Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Stage 4 no power gain

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 02:46 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get it, I've seen stage 3 cars that are making as much power as that. Maybe they had a lot more breathing mods or something?

Has anyone really pushed the limits of stage 4?

Has anyone actually gotten the stillen go make more than 350whp?
Old 04-22-2006, 03:16 PM
jdm3fiddyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65
I don't get it, I've seen stage 3 cars that are making as much power as that. Maybe they had a lot more breathing mods or something?

Has anyone really pushed the limits of stage 4?

Has anyone actually gotten the stillen go make more than 350whp?

I dont think anyone's tried to push stage 4 just becuz after doin the first 3 stages and gaining barely any power, they decide to cut their losses and get a Turbo kit
Old 04-22-2006, 03:22 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by Dr.G
thanx rookie. was that for a g35 dyno or a Z?
343 whp with 92 octane, the torque curve is really nice. i use 98 octane and it is explosive from low rpm, even cars with much higher hp have a hard time keeping up from low rpm.

$10 says your octane rating in lebanon is different from ours, making your "98" octane actually our 93.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:22 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by jdm3fiddyZ
I dont think anyone's tried to push stage 4 just becuz after doin the first 3 stages and gaining barely any power, they decide to cut their losses and get a Turbo kit

LOL at the truth
Old 04-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Dr.G
Banned

Originally Posted by chimmike
$10 says your octane rating in lebanon is different from ours, making your "98" octane actually our 93.
don't know , here we use RON for octane rating. in the US could be different(RON/ MON average then it would be 93 ). However i use also additives to be on the safe side so i am around 99-100 RON, so if the US uses the other rating not RON , then i should be around 94-95
Old 04-23-2006, 06:17 AM
chimmike

we're ron+mon/2
Old 04-23-2006, 08:19 AM
nizmoz

Guys, I am looking right now at Sport Compact Car magazine that came out this week. They dyno'ed Performance Nissan's N/A car at 269 rwhp and a Veilside widebody Z at 251 rwhp (low boost Vortech) and 359 rwhp (high boost Vortech). They then tracked them at Streets of Willow. The Veilside was slower by over 11 seconds a lap.

Great article in the magazine too about "Tuning Myths". No opinions here from me; just thought you all might like the magazine...
Old 04-23-2006, 01:18 PM
q8pianist

Alberto give me a break. there is no way a NA Z can beat a stillen SC. With my stage 4 Stillen i did beat cars like a 355 ferrari and a C6 vette. i probably dyno at 360whp and go way below 13 sec on the 1/4 (i was not even trying hard and i clocked 12.8). i beat a 350z with headers exhaust pulley, and all the bolts on you want by more than 10 cars!
hey stillen guys, say bye bye for u money

and for the stillen vs stock , i did this befor i race a stillen 350z with stage 3 on it befor i make my turbos and stuf, i was just cams intake headers exhaust bla bla bla and a new tires. the guys car is in front of my bumper, so tell me what is this boost that stillen gives for the z ?!?!?!?!?!? a greddy TT with 5 psi will smoke u babeeeeeee.

stillen
Old 04-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by q8pianist

and for the stillen vs stock , i did this befor i race a stillen 350z with stage 3 on it befor i make my turbos and stuf, i was just cams intake headers exhaust bla bla bla and a new tires. the guys car is in front of my bumper, so tell me what is this boost that stillen gives for the z ?!?!?!?!?!? a greddy TT with 5 psi will smoke u babeeeeeee.

stillen
Thanks for your insight on the stillen kit
Old 04-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Dr.G
Banned

stillen
he must had problems with his SC kit. i can give you my friends email he has a NA 350z with all the mods you want and ask him by how much i smoked him .that is why now he decided to get the Vortech SC.Yet another guy has his Vortech but we did not try yet , he is still breaking in his new clutch. i'll tell youwhen we do

Last edited by Dr.G; 04-23-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by nizmoz
Guys, I am looking right now at Sport Compact Car magazine that came out this week. They dyno'ed Performance Nissan's N/A car at 269 rwhp and a Veilside widebody Z at 251 rwhp (low boost Vortech) and 359 rwhp (high boost Vortech). They then tracked them at Streets of Willow. The Veilside was slower by over 11 seconds a lap.

Great article in the magazine too about "Tuning Myths". No opinions here from me; just thought you all might like the magazine...
Hello,

Cool...But They forgot to really state that the Performance Car was driven by Mike (Mr. Performance) and an awesome Professional and the Veilside car was on street tires and driven by a NOT SO awesome driver.

Note: The Performance Driver is great and knows the track "AS IF YOU WERE FINDING YOUR WAY TO TAKE A **** IN YOUR BATHROOM AT 3 AM"

Here is a pict of Eagles car and the Gold/Black Veilside car in the background. If you watch our video, you will see me stuffing the Performance Car with one of my cusotmers Zs. Pict still from our VRT Video.

M

FYI, we were a the track getting Eagle1's G shot for Sports Compact that day. Scott ran a 125.5 beating the Perfromance Car (which is set-up for Streets of Willows quite nicely with perfect suspension).

Last edited by mraturbo; 04-24-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:50 PM
nateg35

stillen

this is a stage2 stillen vs Greddy TT...FYI..G35 (stock tire) and is little heavier the Z...SO SUCK the F*CK up about NA vs stage3
http://media.putfile.com/widescreen-...n-vs-Greddy-TT

Last edited by nateg35; 04-24-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nateg35
this is a stage2 stillen vs Greddy TT...FYI..G35 (stock tire) and is little heavier the Z...SO SUCK the F*CK up about NA vs stage3
http://media.putfile.com/widescreen-...n-vs-Greddy-TT
Thank you SO much for proving my point, NA can handle Stage 3 Stealin S/C cars. Who cares if the Stillen car won? The Greddy could have been untuned in this case I think the driver sucked a$$ he had mph to go well into the 12's. At the end of the day the driver of the G was better and won to the finish-congrats to him but ran the same as the Greddy car just 6mph slower.

BTW Stillen G 13.2 @ 105mph
My bolt-on set up = 13.1 @ 107mph

Im out trapping a S/C Stage 3 car by 2mph WTF is wrong with that picture?
All you have proven is how $hitty Stillen cars pull up top and how no Stillen car will ever trap over 110mph...Now you can STFU about bolt-ons vs Stillen S/C
Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by Alberto
Thank you SO much for proving my point, NA can handle Stage 3 Stealin S/C cars. Who cares if the Stillen car won? The Greddy could have been untuned in this case I think the driver sucked a$$ he had mph to go well into the 12's. At the end of the day the driver of the G was better and won to the finish-congrats to him but ran the same as the Greddy car just 6mph slower.

BTW Stillen G 13.2 @ 105mph
My bolt-on set up = 13.1 @ 107mph

Im out trapping a S/C Stage 3 car by 2mph WTF is wrong with that picture?
All you have proven is how $hitty Stillen cars pull up top and how no Stillen car will ever trap over 110mph...Now you can STFU about bolt-ons vs Stillen S/C

We all know that you are a good driver, don't you think it's fair to say that you'll be breaking high to mid 12's with a Stillen Stage3?

Plus the guy is ridding a G35 with Stock tires, and with an average driver + bolt-on it's hard to even get to mid 13's. Neffster with his Vortech can't even break the low 13's barrier.

Last edited by athenG; 04-25-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

That guy in the G was decent, shifts sounded good. I never said it was the norm for bolt-ons to run low 13's or trap 107mph, but its not the norm for Stillen cars to run even high 12's or even low 13's either(Ive only seen 2 in the 12's)...I dont know why Stillen guys cant admit a properly set-up bolt-on Z can run with them OR beat them, there are many guys besides me running low 13's high 12's NA trapping 105+. There is no argument here as far as Im concerned just bruised Stillen owner egos.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Dr.G
Banned

My grandma with a stillen SC stage 2 can beat any NA period. This is a ridiculous comparison. Stillen stage 1 with minimal boost can beat NA bolts on, it is is many articles. Stage 2 will break 5 sec in the 0-60 also in many british articles. SO no need to keep arguing over that because if you do it is only to **** some people off.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:13 AM
nateg35

Originally Posted by Alberto
That guy in the G was decent, shifts sounded good. I never said it was the norm for bolt-ons to run low 13's or trap 107mph, but its not the norm for Stillen cars to run even high 12's or even low 13's either(Ive only seen 2 in the 12's)...I dont know why Stillen guys cant admit a properly set-up bolt-on Z can run with them OR beat them, there are many guys besides me running low 13's high 12's NA trapping 105+. There is no argument here as far as Im concerned just bruised Stillen owner egos.
Alberto...I'm not try to defend Stillen or anything but I do find it's UNREAL for any guy who claimed he was N/A & beat Stillen (maybe u'r exceptional ) ...but for that guy info
350Z weight less than G
that G (stock tire & rims) in the video was running on stage2...stage3 is apprx 20whp more
Old 04-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

If I can beat a Stillen car and if about 4 or 5 NA guys that I can think off the top of my head on these forums can beat 90% of what Stillen S/C's run then why cant some guy above? Its funny how they just die up top, 300+whp vs my 260whp and Im out pulling it up top, and my NA set up was basic imagine a guy with headers, cams and a nice tune. My money is on NA...
Old 04-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

My grandma with a stillen SC stage 2 can beat any NA period. This is a ridiculous comparison. Stillen stage 1 with minimal boost can beat NA bolts on, it is is many articles. Stage 2 will break 5 sec in the 0-60 also in many british articles. SO no need to keep arguing over that because if you do it is only to **** some people off.
Your still here didnt we all tell you to ? Stop being a dumba$$ magazine racing stating 0-60 times that $hit doesnt matter at the track. I go off of experience and actual numbers people put out on these boards, weather a Stillen set up runs 12.8 or 13.8 I trust people on these boards more than some magazine-that Stillen or any company advertises in, man your stupid Regardless of times, I can see mph a car pulls and get a very good idea of what it can run, and with most Stillen Stage 2 and 3's trapping 105-106mph its not any faster than bolt-ons....now go away, or prove me wrong with your 12.8 slip you still havent posted a breakdown of, because you never ran that-you just mag racing.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:24 AM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just for the heck of it and to go off-topic:

I beat basic Greddy TTs with my Procharger at 7psi...

Danny

Quick Reply: Stillen Stage 4 no power gain