Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:53 AM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rawley_12003
hey athenG i have a question i have the cobb ap would it be safe to use the cobb instead of the turboxs utec? I live about 6 hours from the cobb in plano,tx.
It should be ok but you wont get all the safety feature that Utec provide like fuel cutoff overboost protection and active knock control. Cobb/Osiris will give you a better drivability but you have to weigh it yourself on which is more important to you. What injector do you have? If you have a 440cc then you shouldn’t have any problem with hot start so do you really want to loose the over boost protection and active knock control for a better drivability? I wont. I'm on stock motor and lots of chit can happen but that is just my .02.

Edit:
If you already have the Cobb then maybe it will be cheaper for you to stay with it but you really have to think both the pros and cons...

Last edited by athenG; 04-05-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Boozt

kEEPIN THE Z AFTER ALL. I DON'T WANT TO WAD UP MY COBRA AT THE TRACK....KEEPIN THE Z FOR A TRACK CAR AND ENJOYING THE COBRA.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:50 PM
athenG

/\ good choice.. I wont want to use that Cobra at the track either...
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
rawley_12003

yeah i already have the cobb tuner but i mean i rather save my engine instead i guess i can sell the tuner i have had the tuner for about a year now its not all that great just thought it would be a good choice to use that since i already have it
Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Boozt

Decided to sell the Z afterall. I'm not made of money or time and I could't justify keeping both cars. Buyer picks up on Sunday.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:47 AM
Elperuano

lol read ur last post boozt and then like 5 posts before it were you stated u were gonna keep it :P
Hope u had lotta fun with ur Z. Must be a sad day when you watch it drive away...
Old 04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
linx77

Is this kit still available?

I seem to be having a hard time finding any vendors offering this kit. I also fail to see the kit on STS's website.

What is the current costs of these kits, if still available?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by linx77
Is this kit still available?

I seem to be having a hard time finding any vendors offering this kit. I also fail to see the kit on STS's website.

What is the current costs of these kits, if still available?

Thanks
What? I went to STS and found this http://ststurbo.com/nissan_350z_
Also did one quick search from this site and found this https://my350z.com/forum/engine/3355...orts-pics.html . Are you sure you typed "STS Turbo" and not "Rev Hard Turbo"? anyways hope those link help...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:23 PM
linx77

Originally Posted by athenG
What? I went to STS and found this http://ststurbo.com/nissan_350z_
Also did one quick search from this site and found this https://my350z.com/forum/engine/3355...orts-pics.html . Are you sure you typed "STS Turbo" and not "Rev Hard Turbo"? anyways hope those link help...
That is really weird...Your link works, but when I go directly to their website nothing shows up for the 350Z. It just loads up the home page after I click the link...must be something up with my browser.

Are STS and CIN the only places to purchase these kits?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by linx77; 04-23-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 PM
athenG

That is really weird...Your link works, but when I go directly to their website nothing shows up for the 350Z. It just loads up the home page after I click the link...must be something up with my browser.

Are STS and CIN the only places to purchase these kits?

Thanks for the help!
CINMotorsports is your best bet since they are a sponsor here and they know this kit very well. They'll be able to guide you through your build. They are also very competitive. You can always call STS and try to low ball them.. lol I'm not kidding, when they are desperate they usually cut the price...
Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 AM
myroncuz

ebay got them.... 4500
Old 04-24-2010, 04:22 AM
linx77

Has anyone ever done business with relentless RPM? Their site says $4,995 installed. I should be able to tackle the install on my own so I would assume I could get it for less. I will call and ask just wanted some input from anyone on them.

I miss having a turbo, this seems like the most cost effective kit for my goals and the installation looks like a breeze.

Anyone ever try making a shroud or diffuser of some sort to hide the turbo more and such?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:45 AM
athenG

don't bother the with a diffuser because the turbo is already tucked in very well. You really have to bend over and really stick your head underneath the car to see the turbo. Some of the guys here do have a diffuser but be careful because if it is to close it can melt because of the heat. If they are giving it to you for 4995 installed then I would take it. Ask them first if they have done it because you dont want to be the first one. If you are lucky you can get the kit for 4500 so that is only $500 for install.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
linx77

I spoke with CIN Motorsports and wow, what great customer service. I didn't even ask for half the info he gave me. He explained everything the kit offers and how to complete a proper install. I was quoted an estimate of $5995 which Includes 3 CIN maps. He will give me a better quote Monday. It seems too much for me now that I think about it. I'm not sure if the kit is worth the price.

Relentless said the $4995 price was only available with them installing it because they custom make the piping when they install the kit or something along those lines. He's going to quote me on Monday for just the kit.

I couldn't get a hold of STS, will try on Monday. I might source it from eBay as a last resort.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Elperuano

I spoke with CIN Motorsports and wow, what great customer service. I didn't even ask for half the info he gave me. He explained everything the kit offers and how to complete a proper install. I was quoted an estimate of $5995 which Includes 3 CIN maps. He will give me a better quote Monday. It seems too much for me now that I think about it. I'm not sure if the kit is worth the price.

Relentless said the $4995 price was only available with them installing it because they custom make the piping when they install the kit or something along those lines. He's going to quote me on Monday for just the kit.

I couldn't get a hold of STS, will try on Monday. I might source it from eBay as a last resort.
R u talkin bout RA here?!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:28 AM
linx77

Who is RA? Sorry I'm new here.

I was referring to Relentless RPM out of Florida.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:08 AM
SoarVigor

Has anyone ever done business with relentless RPM? Their site says $4,995 installed. I should be able to tackle the install on my own so I would assume I could get it for less. I will call and ask just wanted some input from anyone on them.

I miss having a turbo, this seems like the most cost effective kit for my goals and the installation looks like a breeze.

Anyone ever try making a shroud or diffuser of some sort to hide the turbo more and such?
I think this is just the tuner kit installed...
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

I had someone try to get me to match the Relentless 'deal', so I called them up and asked what I got for $4995. According to them, they just use the universal STS kit, and fab up their own piping. Also, it does not include any form of engine management or fuel system.

Bottom line: you get what you pay for.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 AM
SoarVigor

^^ I remember you
Old 04-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SoarVigor
^^ I remember you

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread