Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Sub zero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car should be going back to STS soon for the upgraded intercooler and that "other" upgrade!
Just an update on my car I have now hit 64,xxx miles so I am at about 14,000 miles on the STS kit now. I have experienced zero problems with the kit....I had to change out my clutch a couple months back
I DO NOT KNOW THE DETAILS OF THE NEW UPGRADES....SO DONT ASK LOL
Old 10-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub zero
I DO NOT KNOW THE DETAILS OF THE NEW UPGRADES....SO DONT ASK LOL
Giving your car to a shop and you dont know what their gonna do?
What has this wrold come to now..
Old 10-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Sub zero

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Giving your car to a shop and you dont know what their gonna do?
What has this wrold come to now..
I'm not giving my keys to xzibit (pimp my ride) you dumb fuc*k...I know they are installing upgrades to their turbo kit.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
aarantes

Guys lets not start drama because this will get closed...

Plus we all know what happens when the old julian comes back there is no stopping him
Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 PM
silver350tn

i am seriously considering this kit but i do not want to risk blowing my motor i am not rich like some people and my friend has greddy twins and threw a rod on 5 psi, wtf?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:38 PM
aarantes

If your really looking into this kit I suggest you puchase it and have it installed by CIN since they have done two of them. Plus they are authorized dealers so if you run into any problem it will be easier to take care of.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Aarantes, hit me up and let me know whats the dealy.. I know it has to be the injectors or utec.. Nothing else makes sense.....
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I'm not giving my keys to xzibit (pimp my ride) you dumb fuc*k...I know they are installing upgrades to their turbo kit.
Well OLD Julian would have flipped the script on you by now, however the kinder more gentler Julian will simply point out that STS's sales will surely skyrocket with a spokesman like you posting on the forums.
I told Rick previously about your postings, and how they made their product look bad, however I guess he has not put you in check as of yet.
Anyhow, post reported to the admin for T.O.S. violation.Good luck with your top secret project...Im sure Rick will simply figure out ways to make turbo charging the Z more efficient, something 90% of us have already done in the past 3 years.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 AM
Sub zero

post reported to admin?!?!?WOW.....lol
Go tell rick you are STILL crying about him not buying utecs from you...and hurry back and tell us what he said. hahahaha
Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 AM
goosegoose

post reported to admin?!?!?WOW.....lol
Go tell rick you are STILL crying about him not buying utecs from you...and hurry back and tell us what he said. hahahaha
There is no need to bring this very useful thread in a bad direction.

Subzero, my decision to go forward with the STS equipment was very much due to the input you gave me in teh beginning. For that I am thankful.

However, please keep in mind that the rest of us do not have any personal contact with Rick. Rick seems like a very helpful and professional individual, and I have very much enjoyed exchanging ideas and solutions directly with him. But it is hard to expect him to stretch his influence beyond his immediate vicinity in Utah. While you have been getting complimentary service direct from STS, the rest of us testers have had to pay for labor upon labor costs to fix this and that problem and re-tune after every modification every time a fix is provided. You will have to excuse us if some of us are edgy, given the amount of money and time we have invested in this platform.

Along the way, many shops like MRC and Forged have tried their hand in helping us. I am personally very thankful to Julian for continuing to support a platform that I know he would like nothing to do with at this point. Please understand his position as well.

That being said, I look forward to whatever Rick has planned for your vehicle. Please keep us updated. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 AM
Sub zero

goosegoose....I didn't intend to put this thread in a bad direction....I felt that julian was making a smart *** comment towards me....so I let it be known what he said was stupid.

I know everyone that has the sts kits wants to know when the upgrades will be available...and they want to know when the R&D for the intercooler are going to start. Why Julian still posts in this thread is beyond me?!?!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know everyone that has the sts kits wants to know when the upgrades will be available...and they want to know when the R&D for the intercooler are going to start. Why Julian still posts in this thread is beyond me?!?!
Actually it seems like some people are just looking to either get the piping supplied with the kit cut right or get all their parts with the kit let alone upgrade...
Old 10-04-2007, 09:04 AM
DanielW
Banned

yeah lets not get this thread closed its the most successfull thread I've ever made haha. All 30 friggin pages of it. And no one used the word SEARCH!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

MRC, please stop with the condescending posts or taking jabs at other users unnecessarily.

Sub zero, while I agree that MRC did instigate, there was no need for such name calling.

Let's try to keep this thread clean, guys.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 AM
CRIDDA

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
MRC, please stop with the condescending posts or taking jabs at other users unnecessarily.

Sub zero, while I agree that MRC did instigate, there was no need for such name calling.

Thank you.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero

+1

take it easy sub... i mean no matter the tone of that post there was no need to say dump fxck either...

everybody needs to calm down..... people are so touchy feelly this days...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-04-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:12 AM
athenG

Since the Intercooler is brought up let me post some test that I did. So far everyone knows that I do experience some drop of PSI, I will hit 8psi around 3900rpm and start falling after 4700rpm, at first I thought it might be the IC being restrictive after 8PSI.

Most of my logs are done on 4th gear (I have a 6MT) coz there is really not enough space to log until redline. I was doing some logging on 5th the other day but didn't do a full log all the way 6000+RPM but the result was promising. I was hitting 8PSI around 3400RPM and that boost held all they way to 4800RPM before I shutdown, the IC held that PSI (8.0 - 8.2) all through out, this gave me another confirmation that it is my Boost Map that is needed some tweaking and not the IC. Though I'm not sure how will the current IC will hold above 8PSI, but I'm still interested on switching to a Bar/Plate IC and see if there is any noticeable change since it should have a better flow than a Tube/Fine IC.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:22 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by goosegoose
The heat wrap seemed to increase the overall responsiveness of the system, and improved spool times by a small margin. In addition, re-tuning after the center pipes and the heat wrap yielded an approximate 25HP increase in my low boost map (5-6psi). I can't explain that one, but I have the before and after dyno from MRC. The same setup didn't seem to do much for the re-tune of my high boost map (8-9psi).

I remember that you posted the numbers earlier but could refresh my memory and tell me what you put down with the low boost after the heat wrap
Old 10-04-2007, 10:25 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by athenG
Since the Intercooler is brought up let me post some test that I did. So far everyone knows that I do experience some drop of PSI, I will hit 8psi around 3900rpm and start falling after 4700rpm, at first I thought it might be the IC being restrictive after 8PSI.

Most of my logs are done on 4th gear (I have a 6MT) coz there is really not enough space to log until redline. I was doing some logging on 5th the other day but didn't do a full log all the way 6000+RPM but the result was promising. I was hitting 8PSI around 3400RPM and that boost held all they way to 4800RPM before I shutdown, the IC held that PSI (8.0 - 8.2) all through out, this gave me another confirmation that it is my Boost Map that is needed some tweaking and not the IC. Though I'm not sure how will the current IC will hold above 8PSI, but I'm still interested on switching to a Bar/Plate IC and see if there is any noticeable change since it should have a better flow than a Tube/Fine IC.

yeah i can't remember if i posted this but i was able to successfully tune out the boost drop with the Apexi AVC-R boost controller. Don't get me wrong though I wouldn't recommend that unit at all
Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Quamen

but I'm still interested on switching to a Bar/Plate IC and see if there is any noticeable change since it should have a better flow than a Tube/Fine IC.
There is more to intercooler design then bar/plate and tube/fin obviously.

If you want the intercooler to flow more it should be a intercooler with more short rows and internally baffled too divide airflow evenly within the intercooler. Short rows, but more of them (similar to the procharger and vortech old intercoolers) will flow more if setup correct and offer better cooling also.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread