Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports is NOT VRT, the way it all went down

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRacing
I had a buddy of mine pick up the parts from VRT. So i never had the chance the see the parts my myself. But i trusted what he posted and it clearly stated "complete CJ fuel system". I had the phone call from Sam@GTM a few days ago saying, they wasn't about to use the system. Nothing of it is CJM. So I drove down there to see what was the situation. And clearly enough, nothing was CJM products. Its like they got some cheap rails, a few lines, and called it a "CJM Stage 2 fuel system". I'll get up some pictures asap.

My plan was to cut the lost (a deal is a deal) and not say anything but till i seen this post. I'm not here to get money back or sue you. but to let you know that you just ruin the forum's reputation. After this im sure not to buy anything on this forums. And im sure other feel the same.

steven
The VAST VAST VAST majority of people selling things on here would never pull that kind of crap. Unfortunately for you, you just happened to do a deal with someone who has been proven time and again to be a total sleaze bag. I'm extremely sorry to hear about this experience, but please don't let it dissuade you from doing business with someone on the forums again.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:52 AM
cubu

Hold on.... so you recently bought it from Scott(WA2GAY) and it was picked up at VRT?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by cubu
Hold on.... so you recently bought it from Scott(WA2GAY) and it was picked up at VRT?
Glad I'm not the only one that caught that. Even if it was in the past it kinda goes against the defense that Scott left and never did anything shady no? Interested in hearing from both sides though..
Old 02-12-2008, 12:06 PM
usingthejohn

OK, here's my opnion. keep in mind, i am NOT turbo'd yet, but have been researching, calling shops, and reading various thread throughout the last 10 months, so when i'm ready, i know exactly what i'm getting into, what to expect, and my responsibilities as a turbo'd VQ owner:

i called VRT, and my initial reaction with them was through Mr. A...he's a great salesman, there's no doubt about that. but then i discovered the various BS he's pulled on here through various members PMs about their unhappiness with their shop.
Next, i called up RA, and spoke with Scott. Personally, i find him to be a pretty cool guy. he invited me to their Time Attack, to visit JWT, and to shoot the s**t. as i said, he's a cool guy, and i never got the impression that he's out to fleece me. hearing that he's fleeced others, admittedly, has me in denial. we've had various converstaions on the phone, and beyond cars, i've given him some answers in regards to other things in life.

That being said, when it's time for me to pull the trigger, i doubt i'd use RA. this has NOTHING to do with his professionalism, as he's veryprofessional and has given me DIRECT answers. however, the goals i have in mind are very counter-intuitive to what i've learned through the forums, and in speaking with other shops, as well as speaking with some of my friends who've had turbo'd WRXx, Celicas, and Hondas. Now, do i doubt their accomplisments? no, i've seen their DoubleDown Z in action. However, i am skeptical about having their engine building theories into MY own car. When i brought up the issues about ARP Head Studs, i sensed some frustration on his part. I see how he can feel that way, as he feels strongly about what he uses on their car. but his reaction to the question shouldnt've have been defensive...after all, if i'm dropping nearly 20K (average cost of a full build) on my motor, he (or any shop in particular) should accomodate the customer's wish, IMO...even if it does turn out to be an 'overbuild'.

EDIT: imo, it's unfair to link RA directly with VRT. in regards to VRT, there appears to be numerous players involved in pulling fast ones on the customers. For the sake of argument, i will admit that some of the discoveries and evidence uncovered here on the forums (those in which he's been linked to RA) have me questioning the direction of his shop. if in fact, it is Mark Brent doing the scamming (as it appears to have been discovered), then i will also admit/agree that Scott should have better supervision of his shop, and deal with it accordingly.

Last edited by usingthejohn; 02-12-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone find the link to the F/S thread where the fuel system was?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:05 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

I needed to jump in here.VQturbotec has been working for me(SFR) for the past couple of months.He is on a trial basis at this time.So far so good. I know he can be a hot head on here and likes to stir the soup but I have been talking with him so he can calm his jets down.He reminds me of how I used to be when we started up our shop 11 years ago and I was new to the internet(which was also relatively new at that time).As far as him working for VRT and doing shady stuff........I think that is BS. Mike A. was calling the shots and when your boss tells you to do something, you do it or you lose your job. He chose to give up his job, even though he has bills and a family to feed.I think that says alot about his character. That is a tough situation to be in.Anyways he contacted me about working here and I was a little apprehensive but I am the kind of person that trusts way too much so I figured ,what the heck? Lets give it a shot.Worse case scenario is that he will expose us for our shady dealings.LOL.The good news is that there is nothing to expose here.That is why we are still in business for over 10 years.So if there is some sort of problem,please contact us at the shop and ask for me so we can discuss any matters.Take care.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Motormouth
Banned

I thought he got fired...
Old 02-12-2008, 01:09 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I thought he got fired...

Fired or quit.It doesnt really matter when you tell your boss f*ck you
Old 02-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Motormouth
Banned

it matters if it happened before or after you were fired I would think.

when you got nothing to lose you...
Old 02-12-2008, 01:17 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Motormouth
it matters if it happened before or after you were fired I would think.

when you got nothing to lose you...

I see your point. I think it was more of a mutual agreement between the two parties.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:40 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i guess you didnt read the news, or they came too late for you.

Now this is one of the reasons I joined My350Z ..Not only to find a good builder/shop....but to be entertained....and trust me, you all have me rolling on the floor

After seeing this....I will be signing up with my350z for another 5 years...

D@mn you all funny.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:30 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Now this is one of the reasons I joined My350Z ..Not only to find a good builder/shop....but to be entertained....and trust me, you all have me rolling on the floor

After seeing this....I will be signing up with my350z for another 5 years...

D@mn you all funny.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:05 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230409
Old 02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

....good find douglas
Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

WHOOP! There it is!

I wonder how Canadian (NavyGolf v2.0) and the rest of Scott's groupies are going to try to explain, diminish, and/or trivialize this one away.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-12-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:32 PM
FrickU

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
WHOOP! There it is!

I wonder how Canadian (NavyGolf v2.0) and the rest of Scott's groupies are going to explain, diminish, and/or trivialize this one away.
I can even chime in on this one, I was there and remembered this particular fuel system that Scott sold. It was on a customers car that had a supercharger installed with a stock motor installed by another shop and was brought in with a blown motor. The car was instructed to be returned to stock so that it could be traded in. And everything that was on the car was to be sold. The sold list of parts included several things along with this fuel system. The list of mods recieved by the customer and the builder listed the return system be a CJM product. I just got done finished talking to Scott on the phone about this since I remember it well. He informed me to go ahead and let the buyer (SPRacing) know about the mistake so they can make it right.

Just out of curiousity....Why didn't you call Scott when you had the problem? I mean you did buy this system in 2006, and this is the first you say anything?
SPRacing. PM sent

Last edited by FrickU; 02-12-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:39 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by FrickU
I can even chime in on this one, I was there and remembered this particular fuel system that Scott sold. It was on a customers car that had a supercharger installed with a stock motor installed by another shop and was brought in with a blown motor. The car was instructed to be returned to stock so that it could be traded in. And everything that was on the car was to be sold. The sold list of parts included several things along with this fuel system. The list of mods recieved by the customer and the builder listed the return system be a CJM product. I just got done finished talking to Scott on the phone about this since I remember it well. He informed me to go ahead and let the buyer (SPRacing) know about the mistake so they can make it right.

SPRacing. PM sent
Name:  orly flag.gif
Views: 220
Size:  51.6 KB

So nobody there knew what a real CJM fuel system looks like?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-12-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
doug

just another way for Scotts croonies to try and rectify a situation after they got caught with their pants down
Old 02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
doug

Rentlentless jAnitors.. you guys clean up more messes than Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting
Old 02-12-2008, 06:45 PM
FrickU

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Attachment 177369

So nobody there knew what a real CJM fuel system looks like?
Surprisingly enough at the time no. We never really used fuel return systems. So wrong or right we took the customer/builders word for on what brand it was. It was sold for the customer. Not for Scott personally. Speaking for myself...I have never even heard of CJM, let alone even know what the differences between that return system, or any other one.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports is NOT VRT, the way it all went down