Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
shouldn't we be hearing about a shipping tracking # by now?
Maybe ask Santa for one. May be a better chance of getting parts from him rather than SGP.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:52 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Maybe ask Santa for one. May be a better chance of getting parts from him rather than SGP.

Originally Posted by go-fast
shouldn't we be hearing about a shipping tracking # by now?

I was told that it will be picked up today or Monday

Last edited by XKR; 12-20-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:56 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR

i bet he could have walked home pulling the trans in a red wagon by now
Old 12-20-2008, 08:01 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
the LULZ saga continues.....
Old 12-20-2008, 08:35 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-20-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:43 AM
turismo

Old 12-20-2008, 09:26 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

For the record folks... I was told by Intense that it was going to be picked up by their shipping company yesterday(Friday). I was not notified of any confirmation that it was indeed picked up, nor do I have a tracking #. I have complete confidence in Intense and they have complete confidence in their shipping company that they use.

Intense is closed for the weekend. I have no intention of pestering any of the Intense staff over the weekend about it.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:07 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

^
I had last minute Christmas shopping so I couldn't even check on my car bro, sorry.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:12 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by MethodRN
^
I had last minute Christmas shopping so I couldn't even check on my car bro, sorry.
No problem an no need to apologize.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:25 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by XKR
Whoever told you that Mike... is a LIAR!!!

I was just notified by an impartial witness that they saw my trans get loaded onto an Estes truck yesterday!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

I was just notified by an impartial witness that they saw my trans get loaded onto an Estes truck yesterday!!!
In other breaking news: Pigs have been seen flying around the Houston metro area and the snow in Arizona is a precursor to hell freezing over.

Congrats Rude .
Old 12-20-2008, 02:46 PM
AEBS

I live 10 minutes away from sgp and yes mark does take care of the local boys first but would you expect it any other way were you lived. i have seen some people ask others why do you still go there if they are not any good . and my anwser for them is when it comes to builiding hi horsepower Z mark and some of his team are the some of the best in the country. and you may question that but look at the cars it the mags and the shows and the best only use sgp. customer service does sometime suck but the end product is ****ing awesome. and if you ever get to talk to mark about tunning a z you will know what i mean.This dude knows about it all from building to tunning everything.

sgp work done to my car to date
stoptech stage 2 o.e. brake upgrade
Old 12-20-2008, 03:03 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

In other breaking news: Pigs have been seen flying around the Houston metro area and the snow in Arizona is a precursor to hell freezing over.

Congrats Rude .
LMAO!

Thanks bud
Old 12-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Canadian
Banned

Mark called me today and said my VB was shipped out yesterday and I should have it on Monday.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
XKR

OucHHHH !!

Originally Posted by AEBS
I live 10 minutes away from sgp and yes mark does take care of the local boys first but would you expect it any other way were you lived. i have seen some people ask others why do you still go there if they are not any good . and my anwser for them is when it comes to builiding hi horsepower Z mark and some of his team are the some of the best in the country. and you may question that but look at the cars it the mags and the shows and the best only use sgp. customer service does sometime suck but the end product is ****ing awesome. and if you ever get to talk to mark about tunning a z you will know what i mean.This dude knows about it all from building to tunning everything.

I would try and save you by telling you to runnn..but why bother...you may deserve the @ZZwhipping you are about to get.

BTW....My installer is great also...I had him install the Cold Air Intake...Shift **** swap, Lightweight Lug Nuts, and HKS Oil Cap...That gave me an extra 50whp

Last edited by XKR; 12-20-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Reality check: SGP has made good product and built some nice cars. That's why I chose them for a fully built auto trans. SGP is the dominant shop in TX and for the Houston VQ scene. Although, locals have told me directly that they really have no other viable alternative shop to go to in the Houson area.

BUT... They are not exactly dominating the VQ scene or the import tuner car magazine attention nationwide. If I wanted to take the time... I could show you a half dozen cars of my350z members who got magazine features, NONE of which are SGP built cars. Also, SGP is not a shop that has been pushing the envelope of VQ development lately. They have not embraced new turbo kits or engine management that have become available on the market, nor have they participated in any R&D for either. Mark's bread & butter is still the Greddy TT and HKS FCon VPro. I bet he won't recommend anything else if you ask him to do a full build for you. Lastly, SGP is not one of the three members of the 1,000+whp club. SGP is not keeping up with the rest of the community in VQ development IMO.

However, SGP does have a reputation for making a good built auto trans. A local AZ customer with one made 700whp on Intense's dyno earlier this year without any problems. The trans held the power just fine. This was a major factor in my decision to have SGP build my auto trans.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-20-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:41 PM
coachk
Banned

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, since you really went all out and had SGP do a brake upgrade that my wife could do...
Old 12-20-2008, 03:50 PM
ToastZ

now that's funny

have a good xmas doug!

- paul
Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 PM
ACI318

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[B]
BUT... Lastly, SGP is not one of the three members of the 1,000+whp club. SGP is not keeping up with the rest of the community in VQ development
Dont speak to soon, I saw a car there that could easily be on that list in the next couple of weeks. It was sick!

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?