Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:23 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamdigital
I'm not sure they are on any forum as I don't see recent posts from them anywhere other than small sales threads on a forum posted a while back. I for one welcome both sides of the story (positive and negative) but do understand that a few of us are in pretty negative situations right now. Also, let's keep the positive and negative information civil and directed toward results rather than individuals on this forum.

If this happened at Forged and a thread got locked I'd be out of this forum and into another in a heartbeat. I'm on G350z driver forum too but after seeing the way this thread went decided to leave it all in one place.

I still haven't heard back on anything personally yet. Hoping to this week before XMAS break or I'm gonna have to give it a break until January... Out of country now and flying back out after holiday.
Quite frankly, I don't think you are going to hear back or get results unless you start raising hell, like I am. SGP only seems to take care of their inner circle of local customers/friends who hang out at the shop. Outside of that circle, Mark's attention goes to whoever yells the loudest.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-18-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Well, I called Intense this morning at 10:30 and they hadn't received any communication yet today from Mark/SGP. Remember that RobertK supposedly called and spoke with Mark last night about my situation. *cough* *cough* *gulp* *dribble* *yummm* *cough* Yet apparently, it wasn't important enough for Mark to contact Intense first thing this morning. Now Intense is trying to contact him.
, i wonder if this is enough proof for robert

again:

Does ANYBODY else here find it interesting Robert_K can call and talk to Mark, yet Intense, Rude, IamDigital, turismo, B.versacce etc etc can't

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-18-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:34 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Method... i am sure Vo will back up how your car runs and on the work done by Mark. But that is not the point.. you have been there for 3 years, so even if you were after kyle you still were in better days for SGP than now.

If you cant see this point then you are being as mornic a robert:
When people don't answer phones when they don't want to talk to the person on the other end of the line...be it a mad customer...or someone wanting their money...

This is truth, and if you refute this then you are lying. If you cared so much about SGP you should be sad to see them spiral down like this. But you cant defend mark(doesnt matter if he is a nice guy) until he does somethign to correct sitution. THat is comunication, finish long overdue projects, get deb situation solved, show commitment by hiring the right person to work with him...after that we can talk about if sgp can get back to better days(like when you took your car at the very least) or like 4 years ago
Let's get somethings straight.....

I have not been taking sides!!!!! I have not defended SGP or disgruntled vs. satisfied customers.
I don't believe I have even mentioned my car or why it's at SGP. So where do did you get that I was trying to make any point regarding my car? (ref. red highlighted comment).

I have also not commented on the state of SGP, the work they have been doing or the way Mark is handeling the situation. So why would I try and refute any of the things you've pointed out. (ref. blue highlighted comment).

I'm gonna repeat my previous post. I AM ONLY TRYING TO POINT OUT THAT SOME STATEMENTS BEING MADE HAVE BEEN MISLEADING. THAT IS ALL!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 AM
IIQuickSilverII

thanks for making it clear you arent taking sides ...regarding your post:

-your car
why did i mentioned that?... cuase its ovbious you have to be happy with your car if you liked marks work for 3 years...and there is no reason for me to doubt that... i mean i dont know how else you would like mark this much... i know he has a smooth way to talk, but ultimatly i am sure you had to be happy with how your car turned out...

-defending mark
is said IF you refute that statement. and then i continued on making my case as to what sgp needs to do before anybody can defend mark and sgp from the current situation.

my main point in my original reply to you was to make sure you dont catch the navygolf syndrom , dont go down the path as robert....in a nutshell.
I am sure you are as perplexed(and not in denial) how bad things have turned at SGP from when you 1st did business with them.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-18-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:53 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

I would also like to point out that if Mark were to respond in this thread and I read something about one of the disgruntled customers that I can point out is misleading I will do the same thing.

I have not publicly criticized SGP or Mark because I have no personal reason to. I do not know about every customers grievance with SGP or Mark and therefore have not made comments about them. I have not openly offered to help because I do not want that responsiblity. Call me selfish, but I have my own issues and do not want to let people down if I can not be 100% sure that I can help. I was contacted by one member who asked me check on something for them. I was unable to help them and made no promises to.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:13 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

thanks for making it clear you arent taking sides ...regarding your post:

-your car
why did i mentioned that?... cuase its ovbious you have to be happy with your car if you liked marks work for 3 years...and there is no reason for me to doubt that... i mean i dont know how else you would like mark this much... i know he has a smooth way to talk, but ultimatly i am sure you had to be happy with how your car turned out...

-defending mark
is said IF you refute that statement. and then i continued on making my case as to what sgp needs to do before anybody can defend mark and sgp from the current situation.

my main point in my original reply to you was to make sure you dont catch the navygolf syndrom , dont go down the path as robert....in a nutshell.
I am sure you are as perplexed(and not in denial) how bad things have turned at SGP from when you 1st did business with them.
Mark is not the sole reason why I have stayed at SGP.

Another reason why I stay at SGP is because there are not too many shops around Houston. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't have gone to SGP anyways. Like I said, SGP/Mark has not done me wrong. This is not me defending them or refuting the disgruntled customers grievances. Again, I only speak for myself.

I am also in the belief that I don't want too many different shops working on my car regarding the motor/turbo, because I don't want "too many cooks in the kitchen". SGP is familiar with my car and therefore is aware of all the little quirks.

Then there was "faw got fridays" that made me stay too. (Tries to inject some humor for those that have been to SGP on Fridays pre-hurricane).

Last edited by MethodRN; 12-18-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:16 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MethodRN
I would also like to point out that if Mark were to respond in this thread and I read something about one of the disgruntled customers that I can point out is misleading I will do the same thing.

I have not publicly criticized SGP or Mark because I have no personal reason to. I do not know about every customers grievance with SGP or Mark and therefore have not made comments about them. I have not openly offered to help because I do not want that responsiblity. Call me selfish, but I have my own issues and do not want to let people down if I can not be 100% sure that I can help. I was contacted by one member who asked me check on something for them. I was unable to help them and made no promises to.
So then why should I call you and listen to you profess how you and the other locals who hang out at the shop don't get preferential treatment from Mark??? The satisfied SGP customers who have posted here (yourself and RobertK) happen to be local guys who hang out at the shop and have become personal friends with Mark. If the perception is so wrong, why don't we have out-of-town customers flocking to Mark's/SGP's defense???

If you are not willing to help other SGP customers and fellow forum members (especially when it's in the best interest of SGP to do so) to resolve their problems with SGP, why should I bother calling you???

Hell... Mark's inner circle of loyal customers/friends needs to pull their heads outa their butts... or stop posting. If you guys who profess to be satisfied SGP customers and friends of Mark aren't willing to help us on our behalf, you should be willing to do so to save your own preferred shop's and personal friend's reputation... YA THINK?!?!?!??

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-18-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:21 AM
NorthSideRacing

ROBERTk

Mods, i would like to know if i can suggest something to Mr.RobertK without getting banned?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 AM
kelsey_kaye

rude, lawsuit should be in the works by now.. i'm impressed by your patience. i would've already driven down there, seriously. maybe quit talking about it and actually start some action.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Exclamation Update

I just received notification from Darren at Intense that he got a hold of Mark. My trans is still at SGP and is ready to ship. Keep in mind that it was supposed to have been shipped already.

Mark offered to have his shipping company do it (Yeah right! They were supposed to have done it already!), but Intense declined and is sending their own freight company to pick up my trans.

I will provide further updates on the shipping status as they become available.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-18-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

So then why should I call you and listen to you profess how you and the other locals who hang out at the shop don't get preferential treatment from Mark??? The satisfied SGP customers who have posted here (yourself and RobertK) happen to be local guys who hang out at the shop and have become personal friends with Mark. If the perception is so wrong, why don't we have out-of-town customers flocking to Mark's/SGP's defense???

If you are not willing to help other SGP customers and fellow forum members (especially when it's in the best interest of SGP to do so) to resolve their problems with SGP, why should I bother calling you???

Hell... Mark's inner circle of loyal customers/friends needs to pull their heads outa their butts... or stop posting. If you guys who profess to be satisfied SGP customers and friends of Mark aren't willing to help us on our behalf, you should be willing to do so to save your own preferred shop's and personal friend's reputation... YA THINK?!?!?!??
I had PM'd you about calling me because I don't want to type a long drawn out story that will not help you or any other customer on an open thread. I was not going to profess anything to you. Like my other posts I have not taken sides. SGP's or otherwise. Again, if you're willing to talk to me I can better explain my personal situation. I feel that some posts are misinterpretted because somethings get lost in the translation when typing.

I don't offer help because I don't like giving people false hope that I can be of any help. I feel that me trying to help would get in the way of the 2 parties (Mark and yourself or whoever) resolving anything. Lots of things get lost in translation when trying to communicate between too many people. Unfortunately, I know this can't happen because Mark has been unavailable (understatement?). I can not make Mark pick up the phone or write emails.

I'm not sure if you read my last post, but I did state that Mark was not the sole reason that I have stayed as an SGP customer.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

MethodRN - I did not mean in any way to say you were choosing sides, I just wanted to clear up the insurance issue for turismo. Chris if your car was damaged, they should cover it unless there is a law in Texas prohibiting such action or the shop let its insurance lapse, in which case you have a civil suit.

I still don't get the big SGP secret thing, but at this point it doesn't matter. I can only hope SGP ships out the parts owed to customers in short order and this thread dries up, otherwise I have a feeling things will get crazy after the holidays.

MethodRN - is that your ride on the cover of Modified Mag? Very nice, I got that one at home, love the brakes. Have a better day brother .
Old 12-18-2008, 10:44 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
ROBERTk

Mods, i would like to know if i can suggest something to Mr.RobertK without getting banned?
... like?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by Cass007
MethodRN - I did not mean in any way to say you were choosing sides, I just wanted to clear up the insurance issue for turismo. Chris if your car was damaged, they should cover it unless there is a law in Texas prohibiting such action or the shop let its insurance lapse, in which case you have a civil suit.

I still don't get the big SGP secret thing, but at this point it doesn't matter. I can only hope SGP ships out the parts owed to customers in short order and this thread dries up, otherwise I have a feeling things will get crazy after the holidays.

MethodRN - is that your ride on the cover of Modified Mag? Very nice, I got that one at home, love the brakes. Have a better day brother .
Thanks man. I'm not sure what the law states, I just know that SGP is not the only shop that has this disclaimer.

Have a good day bro.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

RudeG_v2.0, sir, I need you to tone it down a couple notches please...
Old 12-18-2008, 10:55 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
ROBERTk

Keep it constructive my man...
Old 12-18-2008, 11:01 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by vo7848
RudeG_v2.0, sir, I need you to tone it down a couple notches please...
Sorry My patience has been exceeded by this fiasco. My blood pressure went down a couple notches once I received the good news from Darren.

I think I'm gonna go to the AG section now and take a fap break.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:06 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Rude, check your PM and get back to me PM or call. I don't want there to be any misunderstanding between me and you regarding this situation.

Please don't call me if you are fapping
Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 AM
VO...
Administrator

Sorry My patience has been exceeded by this fiasco. My blood pressure went down a couple notches once I received the good news from Darren.
No prob my man. I understand your fustration. I've been there a few times myself.

I think I'm gonna go to the AG section now and take a fap break.
Now that's what I'm talking about!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Please don't call me if you are fapping
Skeet skeet...

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?